May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know, I realized something. Socialized medicine has gathered steam lately for one reason. Short sighted, me-me-me mentality. In the very short run, it looks great, most people will get coverage, it won't cost as much or anything at all, but what people aren't seeing is the further down the road problems. They don't want to look at the realities coming out of these countries that already have this system, as they scramble to find a way out of them! It's the mindset of today. If you can't make your message a 5 second soundbyte, most people will lose interest. The attention span of Americans has dwindled to "What are you going to give me" and if you aren't, they ignore you. THAT is why conservatives are losing elections. Americans like conservative principles, but people aren't willing to take the time to let us present them. Most exchanges go like this:

Liberal: Conservatives hate the poor
Conservative: No, we don't. We want to make it easier to-
Liberal: (interrupts)See they do hate the poor!
And the people follow the short answer. We need to push these stereotypes back onto those whom they actually define.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And the people follow the short answer. We need to push these stereotypes back onto those whom they actually define.

Kind of like Rush's 'Ken Starr is a Space Alien' parody.

Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2012
✟15,171.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
You know, I realized something. Socialized medicine has gathered steam lately for one reason. Short sighted, me-me-me mentality. In the very short run, it looks great, most people will get coverage, it won't cost as much or anything at all, but what people aren't seeing is the further down the road problems. They don't want to look at the realities coming out of these countries that already have this system, as they scramble to find a way out of them! It's the mindset of today. If you can't make your message a 5 second soundbyte, most people will lose interest. The attention span of Americans has dwindled to "What are you going to give me" and if you aren't, they ignore you. THAT is why conservatives are losing elections. Americans like conservative principles, but people aren't willing to take the time to let us present them. Most exchanges go like this:

Employers with move everyone to part time to avoid hight premiums. This will move people to the gov option. Then the government bankrupts the private insurance industry.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I personally am going to have to cancel my private insurance and depend upon the government's.... my issues are preexisting conditions. IF at the end of the govt's failure the preexisting condition is not covered, I'm in trouble. It cost me $13 grand to pay a lawyer to prove to the govt that I was entitled to my private insurance... I can't afford to fight them again, nor not be covered because of my now disability. Trusting God.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Exactly. Too many people are focused on what they want and not on what it will cost and do to us in the long-run. Conservative principles work but the liberals have made a career out of learned helplessness, selfish entitlement, and blaming others in place of personal responsibility. That's a tough enemy to defeat but I don't think it's completely impossible if we get candidates out there who care articulate these principals.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes... the idea of "poor" is lost on some folks. I'm sure that many are poor with material things because they squandered their money on them before the bottom fell out. But poor? No. I wish people would volunteer more ...nursing homes, food banks, mobile clinics... then they would see some of the real poor. (I went to a seminar early this year, and they had allowed some non-profits to come and set up kiosks. I told the one that they really needed a new picture to display the "needy" they were representing as the lady in the photo had gold earrings and necklace! :doh:)

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Not implementing the true cost and effects of Obamacare until after the elections was brilliantly done and by peddling the illusion that ObamaCare will "lower costs" for employers the Obama administration did its best to con most and buy off or silence big business with kickbacks and the waivers.

Rationing and death panels here we come.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have seen reports that states are petitioning to secede.

No. Some people are petitioning for their state to secede. No state has initiated any such action.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.