✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jeffwhosoever said:
A lot of truth in his words. Cain isn't going to start a 3rd party, so maybe he will run again in 2016. I'd vote for him.

Pretty sure he said he was leaving politics. I know he's taking over for Neil Bortz in January...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I've been on the Cain Train since I first heard him speak. He's sharp, funny, and very likable, not to mention he's a real conservative that understands business and how to turn things around. I doubt he'll run again but I hope he becomes a part of someone's cabinet or an advisor. They'd be a fool not to listen to him.

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thunder Peel said:
I've been on the Cain Train since I first heard him speak. He's sharp, funny, and very likable, not to mention he's a real conservative that understands business and how to turn things around. I doubt he'll run again but I hope he becomes a part of someone's cabinet or an advisor. They'd be a fool not to listen to him.

This is what I'm saying, and Zo was trying to drill into everyone's heads! How can we as conservatives allow the powers that be determine our candidate! That's what happened! And now we get another 4 years of a failure in chief!

Upvote 0

Cjwinnit

Advocatus Diaboli (Retired)
Jun 28, 2004
England.
✟18,928.00
Faith
Anglican

He'd be a great Treasury Secretary.

Reactions: Thunder Peel
Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟391,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
This is what I'm saying, and Zo was trying to drill into everyone's heads! How can we as conservatives allow the powers that be determine our candidate! That's what happened! And now we get another 4 years of a failure in chief!

I did NOT vote for Mitt in the primaries, for the record. However, Obama needed to lose, and I did my best to help.

Upvote 0

Cjwinnit

Advocatus Diaboli (Retired)
Jun 28, 2004
England.
✟18,928.00
Faith
Anglican
"The editors suggest if ONLY the 60 million Americans who voted for The O were exposed to a short lesson or two on conservative principle -- maybe the Reader's Digest condensed version of "The Road To Serfdom," they'd have smacked their heads -- d'oh! -- and come home to Team R.

Delusional nonsense. The Republicans spent over a billion dollars. There was no lack of a megaphone. They had two of the most inhumanly self-disciplined, sunny, kind-hearted, intelligent and personally spotless standard-bearers ever, who criss-crossed the country explaining themselves with clarity, wit, and empathy. While MSM Fifth Columnists were as potent as ever, the alternative voices on radio and the Internet were more than sufficient to get the word out. We were not reduced to sharing photocopied samizdat in basements. I do not believe for one moment that there were millions and millions of fully persuadable American voters who simply failed to hear the message, or heard the message garbled.

The plain and simply fact is that in a dispiriting and evil environment, another Great Depression that has dragged on for four years (and will for another four, if not ten), racism, narrow identify politics, paranoia, and envy carried the day, abetted by one of the most cynical vote-buying Administrations since FDR.

People heard the message. They just weren't buying it. And there is absolutely nothing that can be done about that, from the point of view of the would-be messengers. There are no tactical corrections that can reverse a strategic dead-end. Right now, the American voter is no more inclined to listen to the message of conservative values than the drunk who hasn't hit bottom yet is ready to hear the Twelve Step Program's Step #1 (admitting you have a problem you can't handle).

I think the comparison is apt. The value of individual liberty, limited government, and cherishing enterprise will not resonate until the United States "hits bottom," and it is simply no longer remotely possible for the intellectual Stalinists in the media or professional class to paper over the middle-class misery with deceit ("core" inflation), scapegoating (Bain! George Bush!), and colorful distractions (Look out for your lady bits! Isn't the President sexy?)

The only serious question is how far down that bottom lies. We actually all thought we'd reached it in 2010, with unending 8% unemployment (or worse if you count permanently unemployed), $4 gas, rampant hidden inflation in food, the Federal Reserve printing money to "buy" 70% of the Federal government's bonds, tee hee.

But we were wrong. As Mark Steyn says, there is a lot of ruin in a great nation. $16 trillion in debt is not enough for the standard American voter to reconsider his viewpoint. $4 gas is not enough. The destruction of the savings of seniors with 0.25% interest rates is not enough. The wholesale impoverishment of a generation of young people, unable to find jobs, saddled with mountains of undischargeable student loan debt for utterly useless degrees isn't enough. All of these things have just convinced the relevant parties to double down on dumb. It's all about protecting the right to abortion! Republicans want to bring back slavery! If you are swayed by such frivolity, you are just like the alcoholic not yet ready to face cold reality.

What will be enough? That is the question. People only re-examine their core philosophies when they have reached genuine and immense misery. $5 gas? Not likely. Maybe $10 or $15. Maybe tax hikes of 25% on people making over $50k, which is about what Obama needs to propose to avoid interest rates skyrocketing by the end of his first term, as bond holders give up on the "full faith and credit of the United States," ha ha. Maybe four more years of 25% unemployment for young people, although I doubt it -- Europe has seen that for decades, with no serious self-reflection.

If I had to pick the most likely scenario, I would say the inflation beast finally getting out of control. When food and fuel prices are remorselessly climbing 10-25% a year, with wages stagnant, and no amount of cheery BS from government liars can conceal it, that may bring reflection, just as it did in the 70s, and a new generation can learn the age-old lession that robbing Peter to pay Paul eventually destroys Paul, too."

-http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/332923/now-what-editors

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lady Bug said:
are you talking about Herman Cain? if so, I forgot why he didn't make it?

Because Gloria Allred got a handful of women to lie about sexual harassment charges and the republican establishment threw him under the bus for it. Had they stood by him, he'd have gotten the nomination and we'd have gotten rid of Obama...this is a good part of why I'm not a republican...

Reactions: GeorgeKillen
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GeorgeKillen

debil
Sep 4, 2008
in hiding
✟16,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's sad but that's the way it is. People are too busy focusing on what their country can give them, not what they can give to their country. JFK would be ashamed and disgusted at what we've become.

Our left leaning friends would never elect him today. He was more conservative than Romney portrays himself to be.

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The problem we face now, is an electorate that grown up in a left wing machine we call the education system. So now distractions are the rule instead of the exception. They see the rock star/ Hollywood candidate in Obama, and then the right puts up a bowl of vanilla ice cream. That is our adversary now. Not the media, not the liberals, but the society that has fallen to this point. We cannot allow it to fall any further, or we may never get it back at all...

*edit*

As a post in a recent thread presents my point: I've removed the posters name (I'm not trying to point fingers, just showing what I mean about the left defining conservatives)

*removed to avoid a rules violation*

Last edited:
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
are you talking about Herman Cain? if so, I forgot why he didn't make it?

Not only was he brought down by lies (oh? There was lying in this campaign???) of the sexual misconduct, but he speaks in a one-track way and couldn't win the majority of voters :(.

No, forget policies and common sense.

With the dems brainwashing the students before they even get of age to vote, there's no rescuing this country imo.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I find it interesting that conservatives are labeled as racist, sexist, and rich, yet liberals spend more time focusing on gender (the non-existant "War on Women"), playing the race card (I know a lot of people who voted for Obama simply because he's black, which is just as racist as voting against someone because of their color) and many of them are wealthy celebrities who are completely out of touch with the average American.

The liberals look at people and see demographics. We conservatives see Americans. That's the big difference, no matter how they try to paint us. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Metal Minister

May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thunder Peel said:
I find it interesting that conservatives are labeled as racist, sexist, and rich, yet liberals spend more time focusing on gender (the non-existant "War on Women"), playing the race card (I know a lot of people who voted for Obama simply because he's black, which is just as racist as voting against someone because of their color) and many of them are wealthy celebrities who are completely out of touch with the average American.

The liberals look at people and see demographics. We conservatives see Americans. That's the big difference, no matter how they try to paint us. :)

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
< Staff Edit > Attribution is always relevant. Actually, I probably agree more than it might appear if you look at my other posts on racism. The GOP has allowed the Dems to define them. It's up to the GOP to fix it by some means other than complaining about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Metal Minister

May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
cow451 said:
:kiss:

Attribution is always relevant. Actually, I probably agree more than it might appear if you look at my other posts on racism. The GOP has allowed the Dems to define them. It's up to the GOP to fix it by some means other than complaining about it.

Funny you would bring up the GOP...I never did. I talked about conservatives. The two are by far not one and the same.

Upvote 0

GeorgeKillen

debil
Sep 4, 2008
in hiding
✟16,035.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:kiss:

Attribution is always relevant. Actually, I probably agree more than it might appear if you look at my other posts on racism. The GOP has allowed the Dems to define them. It's up to the GOP to fix it by some means other than complaining about it.

Never knew you came around to social conservative. welcome. :clap:

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Never knew you came around to social conservative. welcome. :clap:

I actually was tipped that my brilliant analysis was not being properly attributed.:cool:

I am really not a "Safe House" type, being an evil moderate and all. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.