The small everyday things in life which make us smile. (Please read OP)

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hank and Lucy sound lovely, and im sure they add so much joy to your life.

I saw a program the other day "The Secret life of Dogs" which said it is now scientifically proven that dogs can understand words,( one dog knew the names of 1000 different toys and picked them out of a huge pile), they can reason, they know and process much more than realised etc.

We dog owners have known all this all along haven't we?;)

My daughter's little dog definitely understands the word 'treat'. ^_^ He listens when I ramble on to him about this and that, with a look on his face that seems to say 'I hear you', or perhaps it's actually 'what's she on about now?' :D He's such a good fellow.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Our fur babies sleep with us at night. Hank snores, and it has gotten much louder as he grows older. I snore also, but my wife still loves us both.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My little dog Hank barks every time there is anything sounding like a doorbell on TV. Yes, he associates it with the front door, and he is a fierce protector of our home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
My food! (Thank you Lord :))

Yes! Ever since my cancer surgery---maybe because of the 2 month coma and having no food and then when I woke up I had to wait a long time before I could even get ice chips---maybe that ordeal cleared my taste buds! Those ice chips tasted wonderful, and I have enjoyed my food much more ever since! I also learned to slow down when cooking---I've always done everything at full throttle and my back and heart will no longer let me do that. And I had switched to caste Iron before the surgery and everything I cooked in that caste iron just seemed to taste better. I still am able to make my own bread and it just tastes great. I bought some a few months ago as I didn't feel like baking---wished I had baked instead.
I don't have much, but what I have I really enjoy! Yes---THANK YOU LORD! My friends mother, and even her, do not enjoy their food. And they can afford anything they want. Her mother barely eats and Connie doesn't seem to like much anymore, probably because she seldom feels good either.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,624.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes! Ever since my cancer surgery---maybe because of the 2 month coma and having no food and then when I woke up I had to wait a long time before I could even get ice chips---maybe that ordeal cleared my taste buds! Those ice chips tasted wonderful, and I have enjoyed my food much more ever since! I also learned to slow down when cooking---I've always done everything at full throttle and my back and heart will no longer let me do that. And I had switched to caste Iron before the surgery and everything I cooked in that caste iron just seemed to taste better. I still am able to make my own bread and it just tastes great. I bought some a few months ago as I didn't feel like baking---wished I had baked instead.
I don't have much, but what I have I really enjoy! Yes---THANK YOU LORD! My friends mother, and even her, do not enjoy their food. And they can afford anything they want. Her mother barely eats and Connie doesn't seem to like much anymore, probably because she seldom feels good either.
You make me smile mmksparbud; your posts are always good to read. Thank you! :)

• Optimistic
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,624.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Daffodils

upload_2020-4-8_2-35-28.jpeg

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Yippeee!!!---Getting a call from your stepson (from 1st marriage) just to check on me and get me updated on his life. And to make sure that I know that he loves me, and nothing that happens will ever change that. Made my heart melt.

• Winner
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0