The small everyday things in life which make us smile. (Please read OP)

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I had to look that up mmksparbud, and I guess you mean the candies.:D (I also found it being described as a tree, a butterfly, a native of Ohio and a railway coupling!) That made me smile. :)

LOL! Sorry---I was introduced to them 40 years ago in North Dakota. There, they are these nuts that fall from a tree that are poisonous to humans. I guess to hunters they resemble the eyes of deers--hence, buck eyes. They are peanut butter and powdered sugar and butter beaten together, formed into balls then they are chilled and dipped into chocolate about 3/4 of the way up--they resemble the nuts. I guess they are popular in other states too.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Decorating the Christmas tree (not that it's everyday, of course). My fibre-optic one stopped working part-way through the holiday, so I decorated it in the conventional way. It's years since I've decorated a tree, and I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed doing it. :)

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The smile of a child. When they try to say your name but only get it half right. lol, kids are funny.

Yes, and when my young grandsons say, "Nan? Nan?" and if I don't respond immediately, they say "Nana!" :D

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
The things I do sometimes! :D

Yesterday evening I realised that I'm putting on weight :eek:, so I got myself something else to eat and sat down to think about what I was going to do about it! :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
As I was scrolling through the new posts just now I noticed this thread and then just a few posts further down I see a prayer request for someone about to compete in a fight. That one made me chuckle.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The things I do sometimes! :D

Yesterday evening I realised that I'm putting on weight :eek:, so I got myself something else to eat and sat down to think about what I was going to do about it! :doh:

My wife and I are in the same boat right now and are working on it. I'll brag and say that I've lost 6 lbs., but I have a long way to go. Thankfully, there are some common sense things that you can do and not starve to death. You can also eat some things you like, just in much smaller quantities. I love potatoes and gravy, and I can still eat half of what I was eating. Fresh vegetables, fruit, chicken, and turkey are your friends. Sugar is one of your worst enemies, but Splenda is pretty good as a substitute. I found out that regular soda pop is evil. :wave:

No, I didn't forget the exercise. 30 to 60 minutes a day is minimum. I have a bad back, so I'm having a hard time with the exercise. Hang in there.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
My wife and I are in the same boat right now and are working on it. I'll brag and say that I've lost 6 lbs., but I have a long way to go. Thankfully, there are some common sense things that you can do and not starve to death. You can also eat some things you like, just in much smaller quantities. I love potatoes and gravy, and I can still eat half of what I was eating. Fresh vegetables, fruit, chicken, and turkey are your friends. Sugar is one of your worst enemies, but Splenda is pretty good as a substitute. I found out that regular soda pop is evil. :wave:

No, I didn't forget the exercise. 30 to 60 minutes a day is minimum. I have a bad back, so I'm having a hard time with the exercise. Hang in there.
Well done on losing 6 lbs Tom, and thanks for your advice. :) I like the bit about eating what you like in smaller quantities. :D Luckily I love salads and cooked veg, so I'm pretty good about my meals. It's nibbling in the evenings which is a bit of a problem! I manage to exercise though. I'm praying about your back and hope both you and your wife reach your target weight. :)

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have an aunt named Imelda. When I was very young I could not pronounce that --- it came out as Mogey. She entered a convent and became Sister Mary Aquinas but Mogey stuck with her. She is now 90 and retired and now everybody including the Bishop addresses her as Mother Mogey.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BookishGirl

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
CA
✟341,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes a lady will walk by me that smells good and it transports me back to memories of my grandma. Grandma sold Avon and always smelled terrific.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
As I was scrolling through the new posts just now I noticed this thread and then just a few posts further down I see a prayer request for someone about to compete in a fight. That one made me chuckle.

Yah--I know! What is it they ask Him for? Dear Lord, please help me to beat this creation of yours into a bloody pulp??" How about Madonna -praying before a concert?--"Please help me to be as sexually suggestive and lewd as I possibly can be??" Though I prefer they pray as not, but just what is it they ask for?

Upvote 0