Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,513.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Okie dokie. Glad we can agree it is not about satellite photos, which do not show the problem you are pondering.
Since you admit that, feel free to edit that strangely irrelevant post of yours. Repentance is good for the soul.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,513.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You left a big gate open there dude. As an American you may have been led to believe that peanut butter is a weird gooey substance with sugar in it. A friend of mine was once asked by one of your compatriots if Edinburgh is 'in Paris'. There may be many other things.
This ain't my first rodeo around here. I knew I was opening a gate. My mistake was overestimating the gentlemen in this forum, by assuming they were above taking easy cheap shots at things sacred to me such as my religion, my nationality, and peanut butter.

Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This ain't my first rodeo around here. I knew I was opening a gate. My mistake was overestimating the gentlemen in this forum, by assuming they were above taking easy cheap shots at things sacred to me such as my religion, my nationality, and peanut butter.

I'm sorry, but what passes for peanut butter in the US is an abomination. When Hollywood stops trying to populate history with Americans maybe us Europeans will give you all a break. Oh and for sending that orange cretin over here to be rude to the Queen and disrespect the dead. Maybe we'll get to the friendly insults stage the UK now has with France, hamsters, elderberries and rosbif.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, but what passes for peanut butter in the US is an abomination.
Please explain why you feel that way.

The most common ones in the US are mostly roasted peanuts with some sugar and salt, which is the original recipe. There are low levels of emulsifiers added to inhibit separation, and while I can see why someone might prefer the exercise of stirring the jar I hardly think that not having to do it is all that bad, and it's easy to find the kind that separates. In fact, the sugar was added to the originally patented recipe specifically to firm it up some.

It was invented in Canada, and IIRC the stuff I've eaten in Ontario isn't much different than what I get in the States. It seems to me that if the stuff in the UK is so different that one is an abomination of the other, then the original variety is the standard.

I think the invention of Vegemite makes Australia absolutely deserving of being larger than Greenland.

Last edited:
Upvote 0