Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopeful

Feb 2, 2003
Visit site
✟1,199.00
Faith
Protestant
hi kastrophe,anytime i think like that, i just remember Job in the bible, even after everything the devil did, he still had faith and he was rewarded enormously. one day at a time, thats all it takes, just believe that God knows what u are going tru and at the right time, things will get better. stay strong :hug:

Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Lifting you up in prayer, katastrophe. I wish I knew what to say to make all things better for you. All I know to tell you is that Jesus loves you and he will always love you. God gave you your life and it is very precious to Him and I am sure it is precious to those around you, even though you might not think that it is. Please don't give up hope. :hug:

Dear Heavenly Father-
I lift up katastrophe today to you. Lord, she needs to feel your presence in her life today. Please renew her strength, renew her hope. Help her to feel your loving arms around her, holding her up during this time of hopelessness for her. Provide for her in the ways she needs your provision. Help her to see your fingerprints in her life and in the lives of those around her. Keep her close, Lord. Help her feel the prayers of those who are praying for her. In Jesus' precious name, Amen.

:hug:

Upvote 0
Hi Katastrophe, I just want to say that the Lord sees all that is in your heart and knows all that you are going through. You are not alone and all is not a hopeless situation. The battle today is in your mind. You need to put on some Christian music and then start quoting some scriptures. The enemy tries to take our mind off of Christ and keep it on the situations and the problems. Place your thoughts upon things that are pure, lovely and a good report. Hold your thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ. God has promised you in Psalms 91 that he would be with you in times of trouble and that when you call upon him, he would rescue you and honor you, all because You love Him. Hang on to the truth and cast down the lies and temptations of the enemy. Victory is yours because the Battle is Gods. Keep yourself busy in the Forums praying for others or answering posts, anything to stay your mind on the Lord. Lord, I pray for this believer that you would calm the storm in their mind just as you calmed the storm on the sea, "Be still in the name of Jesus". I ask Lord that you would give them peace and help them to not give up, but rest in you and know that you are in control. Today is the day that the Lord has made and it is a blessed day in Jesus name!

Upvote 0

goodgirl

Dec 10, 2002
Visit site
✟8,947.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
hey Katastrophe, I too used to really battle depression years ago and sometimes thought about what you're thinking... I dunno if this helps but I used to imagine all the pain of dying (there is no easy way... believe me) and how messed up I would look (blood, brains, vomit, diarrhea, black tongue hanging out, etc.) when one of my loved ones found me. I just decided I couldn't put anybody through that.

if it makes you feel any better, I fought it for years and then all of a sudden one day it was just... gone and never came back. So stick it out. I already buried my best friend who hanged himself, and I can tell you there is no pain like being left behind. please be patient with the world. thanks

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.
-- Dorothy Parker, "Resume", 1926

For what it's worth, if you're feeling even slightly suicidal, *CALL A COUNSELOR*. The chances are quite high that you have a "mild" physical disorder. Depression is often a treatable physical illness, not "all in your head".

Yes, God will help. God has sent a team of highly trained professionals, and distributed them around the world, and equipped them with a vast body of knowledge and research to help them address your specific needs.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Yes, you need a counsellor alright, just like the rest of us. (edited) Go to THE counsellor. Go to Jesus! When you open your heart to Him He will give you counsel and comfort and healing! In fact His Name is Counsellor!

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AnnMercy2

Goofball
Aug 18, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
✟4,976.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'll continue to keep you in my prayer's. And I think seebs is correct, I think that the Lord has choosen people to do counsling. I had to see one not to long ago and I fully believe that the Lord sent him my way. I will be forever grateful to him. I believe the Lord will send you to the right person to talk to, wether it be here or elsewhere. Do some heavy praying as to whom you should go to for help. Whether it be the Lord himself, or a special person the Lord has picked out to help you. I pray that you find the help you need. I'll be praying for you. And of course you can talk to me anytime you need to, I'll be here.

In Christ,
Anna

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.