"The Simpsons" is less wholesome than "Baywatch"?

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
CARACAS, Venezuela — D'oh! A Venezuelan TV channel has yanked "The Simpsons" off the air because it may be inappropriate for children. Taking its place: "Baywatch Hawaii."

Televen TV station spokeswoman Elba Guillen said Monday that the decision to hand over the daily 11 a.m. time slot came after the National Telecommunications Commission received complaints from viewers.

"It had to be taken off," Guillen said. "They consider it to be a series that isn't appropriate for that time because it isn't appropriate for children."

Venzeula calls "Simpsons" unfit for kids; replaces show with "Baywatch Hawaii"

IisJustMe

Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
While I might agree with them, Simpsons isn't good for kids, I don't support them removing it from viewing.
But the goverment knows better then the people.
I'd agree with them about it not being the best viewing material for kids, either, but "Baywatch"?? Sheez!

Upvote 0

ladyt28

God's Grace Fills My Life
Jun 12, 2007
Michigan
✟37,455.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Part of the problem are people who believe that all cartoons are automatically for children! To me, the Simpsons Aren't written for kids. I also want to mention that I recently watched a Bullwinkle and Rocky cartoon and was Blown Away by all of the sexual innuendo in it - I TOTALLY missed ALL of that when I was a kid - go figure! LOL!

Upvote 0

IisJustMe

Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Part of the problem are people who believe that all cartoons are automatically for children! To me, the Simpsons Aren't written for kids. I also want to mention that I recently watched a Bullwinkle and Rocky cartoon and was Blown Away by all of the sexual innuendo in it - I TOTALLY missed ALL of that when I was a kid - go figure! LOL!
Yep. Lots of it. Looney Tunes were social commentary in the 40s, 50s and 60s, too, but as a kid I didn't catch any of it. Especially the 40s (wasn't born yet) or 50s (too young and stupid). ^_^

Upvote 0

Lockguy3000

Nov 14, 2007
NYC
✟9,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
watch

Reactions: IisJustMe
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums