Bethesda
✟29,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
So to tone down the voices, I've tried all the secular things from distraction to positive self talk to mindfulness to keeping busy, therapy, meds. I've turned to philosophy.

I've recently tried taking the abuse but it amplified and I had to be saint-like in my willingness to overlook it to the point of being treated like a toddler. I tried walking away from people but they followed me, hunted me down, peer pressure to go back and talk i.e. take more flak.

So now I'm taking a vow of silence.

How does that sound?

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So to tone down the voices, I've tried all the secular things from distraction to positive self talk to mindfulness to keeping busy, therapy, meds. I've turned to philosophy.

I've recently tried taking the abuse but it amplified and I had to be saint-like in my willingness to overlook it to the point of being treated like a toddler. I tried walking away from people but they followed me, hunted me down, peer pressure to go back and talk i.e. take more flak.

How does that sound?

Proverbs 10:19
19 In the multitude of words sin is not lacking, But he who restrains his lips is wise.

Proverbs 17:28
28 Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace; When he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive.

May I suggest that while you're keeping quiet you should direct your thoughts in a biblical way?

Philippians 4:8
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things.

Hebrews 12:2-3
2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.

Upvote 0

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

How does that sound?

I am not exactly sure what your particular thorn in the Flesh is but God did not give us a spirit of fear but of power, love and self control. Do you pray every day? I would pray at least twice a day in the morning and at night saying the Lord's prayer, reading psalms and confessing your sins (this I think just once a day).

Upvote 0

AnglicanPeace

Feb 11, 2018
Bethesda
✟29,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Silence is good sometimes. What voices are you referring to? Those in your head or those of people? The reason i ask is because my mind is cluttered with thoughts.

I'm referring to the miserable, abusive intrusive thoughts.

Upvote 0

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status