Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, not Revelation 12.

Matthew 24:29-30, the sign of the Son of Man in heaven corresponds to Revelation 6, the sixth seal events. Not Revelation 12.

From Matthew 24:29-30. Match the colors for the appropriate heaven level.

1. First the sun will be darkened, moon not give its light, stars fall from heaven, powers of heaven shaken.

2. Then, the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven.

So there will be no galaxies, star formations, around when the sign of the Son of Man appears.

There are three heavens, three levels:
1. Our atmosphere and solar system.
2. The universe, the cosmos (which has since the rebellion become the dominion of Satan, his angels)
3. The heaven where God's throne is and home of the righteous angels, the living beasts, and the souls of Christians.

It is the universe, the cosmos, the second heaven, that will be parted like a scroll - followed by them on earth, part of the solar system, the first heaven, seeing Jesus before the throne of God, in the third heaven. Jesus Himself in the third heaven is the sign.

The corresponding events occur in Revelation 6, the sixth seal, Jesus appearing before the throne of God in heaven.

The only thing in Revelation 12, that ties to Matthew 24:29-30, is that when the war of heaven (the second heaven, the universe the cosmos) and Satan and his angels cast down to earth - it says (paraphrased) in Revelation 12:8 their "place" will be found in the (second) heaven no more.

It will be literal that the second level of heaven which they currently have to roam, beyond earth and our solar system, near the very end of the seven years will be removed.

According to the Scriptures, there is nothing whatever in Rev.6 that points to heaven in any way, shape or form! It is a pro-log of events to come and an amplification of Mt.24, Mk.13 and Lk.21. The first rider, of four, on the white horse, in the first of the seven seals, in Rev.6:2, is the Antichrist, who triggers the tribulation, and the same person as all three of the "he's" in Dan.9:27, who confirms a covenant with many. It is Jesus who ends the tribulation, who is riding the white horse in Rev.19:11-21.

Speculating on how you think Biblical eschatology is interpreted, is not acceptable.

Quasar92

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
According to the Scriptures, there is nothing whatever in Rev.6 that points to heaven in any way, shape or form! It is a pro-log of events to come and an amplification of Mt.24, Mk.13 and Lk.21. The first rider, of four, on the white horse, in the first of the seven seals, in Rev.6:2, is the Antichrist, who triggers the tribulation, and the same person as all three of the "he's" in Dan.9:27, who confirms a covenant with many. It is Jesus who ends the tribulation, who is riding the white horse in Rev.19:11-21.

Quasar92
Q, in my post, I referenced specifically that the sixth seal events of Revelation 6 correspond to Matthew 24:29-20.

Matthew 24:29
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Revelation 6:
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together
; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

________________________________________________________________________________

Matthew 24:30
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Revelation 6:
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you believe the woman is Israel then you must believe it is Mary. Sarah is the mother of the old covenant she is not the mother of the New Covenant. Notice this is an allegory of the real thing.

Galatians 4
The Allegory of Hagar and Sarah
21 Tell me, you who desire to be subject to the law, will you not listen to the law? 22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by a slave woman and the other by a free woman. 23 One, the child of the slave, was born according to the flesh; the other, the child of the free woman, was born through the promise. 24 Now this is an allegory: these women are two covenants. One woman, in fact, is Hagar, from Mount Sinai, bearing children for slavery. 25 Now Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia[g] and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the other woman corresponds to the Jerusalem above; she is free, and she is our mother. 27 For it is written,

Rejoice, you childless one, you who bear no children,
> burst into song and shout, you who endure no birth pangs;
> for the children of the desolate woman are more numerous
> than the children of the one who is married.”

28 Now you,[h] my friends, are children of the promise, like Isaac. 29 But just as at that time the child who was born according to the flesh persecuted the child who was born according to the Spirit, so it is now also. 30 But what does the scripture say? “Drive out the slave and her child; for the child of the slave will not share the inheritance with the child of the free woman.” 31 So then, friends,[j] we are children, not of the slave but of the free woman.

This is an allegory of the covenants. Hagar and Sarah both are of the Old Covenant. Sarah is only a type of the New Covenant but is in fact the mother of the Old Covenant. The mother of the new is implied in this allegory. If it is not Sarah who could it be?

In this allegory we can see the beginning in Genesis and the end in Revelation. Abraham is a type of Adam. He is the father of two sons. ( antichrist / Cain) and the other (Christ / Abel-Seth). Eve gives birth to Seth who carries the promise (the seed of the Woman) and is born of the flesh. Mary gives birth to Jesus who is the promise and is of her flesh. Adam said of Eve, "bone of my bone flesh of my flesh" That could not be said of any other two people until Mary could say that of Jesus.

Abraham begins the allegory above with two sons. One of the promise the other of the flesh. Two persons two covenants. Jesus is a Son of the promise(Sarah) but not of the flesh of Hagar. The author curiosely say's One woman is in fact Hagar and say's she is the mother of Jerusalem of that day. Odd isn't it since Sarah is in fact their mother? When he teaches about the mother of Jerusalem above he doesn't use a name but say's the "other woman corresponds to Jerusalem above" So,Sarah plainly is not the mother of the Jerusalem above.
Mary is the mother of Jesus who is the Son of both the promise and the flesh in one person. So Mary is the mother of both Covenants as one person . Just as Jesus is the Son of both mothers, Sarah and Mary, old and new, and in Himself unites both covenants, Mary is herself one mother of both covenants, one of the old covenant and of bloodline and flesh (Israel/Sarah) the other of the Holy Spirit and promise (Jesus/Church). Mother of the new and the old as one person. The New Woman. ( Rev12)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
There are two signs referred to in Rev.12, in which the one found in verses 1 through 2, the woman represents the virgin Mary, which is the subject of this post. The woman of verses 3-14 represent the nation of Israel.

The sign of the Son of Man referred to by Jesus in Mt.24:30 is explained from what was written in Rev,12:1-2, called the "Wonderous sign in heaven.'

The Great and Wonderous Sign -

You could say - it is the gospel in the sky. (Ps.89:5) This wonder takes place once every year at a very specific time. When Jesus was born. [The Star of Bethlehem was also involved in the astronomical phenomenon, but only a one time event, discussed a little later on].

The woman represents a virgin with the sun amidst her body, representing her pregnancy. The crescent moon at her feet represents the specific time frame this event takes place. The setting sun and rising moon are visible at the same time.

The only time of year this event can be witnessed, is in late September, at the time of the Autumnal Equinox. As seen in the middle east, at or around the Jewish Holy Convocation - feast and festival - of Rosh Hashanah. The Israeli New Year - which they call 'a year of new beginnings.' It is also the last fall feast and festival of their year which they call the 'feast of trumpets.' They also believe it marks the day God created Adam, at the time of the annual Autumnal Equinox of September 22/23 every year.

The astronomical, scientific study made, reveal the woman's body is in the Constellation of Virgo (The virgin). She represents the virgin Mary, of Israel, and has a crown of twelve stars on her head - representing the twelve tribes of Israel. The sun is amidst her body, signifying her pregnancy.

Her head is about 10 degrees into the previous Constellation Leo (The Lion - of Judah) and the moon is at her feet, about 10 degrees into the Constellation Libra (The scales of righteousness and judgement). Depicting the precise window of time this event took place. With all the heavenly bodies in motion, this event can take place only between a time frame from 7:15/20 to 7:30 P.M., a 10/15 minute window.

So when Jesus talks about His return at His Second Advent in Mt.24:30, it will be at that specific time of year - and time frame!

The full treatment on this outstanding story can be found in the book written by the late Dr. Ernest L. Martin, PhD., "The Star That Astonished The World." Which also reveals what the Star of Bethlehem was, from this study, in the early to mid '90's by a team of scientists and astronomers. Who retrogressed the heavenly bodies by computer, until their studies revealed the Star of Bethlehem to be a series of conjunctions between the king planet, Jupiter, the Queen planet Venus and the King star Regulus, as seen from the middle east. The birth of Jesus was calculated by Dr. Martin to be in September of 3 B.C.

Quasar92
The Woman of Rev. 12 is Israel, just like I and many others stated, there is no astronomical sign, that's astrology, something God does deal with. The sign of the Son of Man will be the last sign of the about 15 mentioned in Matthew 24.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Mary is the mother of Jesus who is the Son of both the promise and the flesh in one person. So Mary is the mother of both Covenants as one person . Just as Jesus is the Son of both mothers, Sarah and Mary, old and new, and in Himself unites both covenants, Mary is herself one mother of both covenants, one of the old covenant and of bloodline and flesh (Israel/Sarah) the other of the Holy Spirit and promise (Jesus/Church). Mother of the new and the old as one person. The New Woman. ( Rev12)
Eloy, that allegory you are presenting (and creating) of Mary, by extension, is not in the bible.

The vision that John saw in Revelation 12 was not what I myself would consider an allegory. It did contain symbolism of course, from Joseph's dream back in Genesis 37:9-10

9 And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.

10 And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth?

Joseph, in his dream, it represented him as being the messiah. Joseph probably didn't realize it himself. At least there doesn't seem to be an indication of it.

And it is interesting that his father Israel became indignant to the thought of bowing down to his son Joseph - because Jacob did not realize it was about far into the future the messiah (not Joseph himself) and the nation of Israel...as well as the encounter they had with Joseph in Egypt. And that the messiah would be God Himself entered into this world to save us from the power of sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was already born.. this great sign already happen..it will not can not happen again. So far it has NEVER been the same since that day Jesus was born. As I read it.

Forgive me but..our age in this world means nothing. One can know study the word all there life and still be a baby in Christ. One can say.. I believe or I think or as I read it.. things like that. A truth a fact this is not written..is just your personally belief. If I say Jesus is the only way to the Father...this is a fact this is a truth for it is 100% written. Do you see?

For me.. to put words in anothers mouth that was not said .. I would then be lying :)

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Eloy, that allegory you are presenting (and creating) of Mary, by extension, is not in the bible.
Woah! Douggg. What is made up and not biblical? First of all you can't say that and then ignore what I wrote. You will have to show me what I made up and what isn't biblical and why. If you say such a thing without giving reasons to believe that it's true, it implies more about you than what I wrote. I know when I see that someone is making things up to custom fit a desired interpretation I am eager to offer reasons for them to believe their interpretation is wrong. At least go over what I think is true and show me why it isn't true or biblical before you say it.

The vision that John saw in Revelation 12 was not what I myself would consider an allegory. It did contain symbolism of course, from Joseph's dream back in Genesis 37:9-10
Me neither. It was a vision of heaven. Not an allegory at all. Spiritual realities require earthly objects and shapes as symbols so that the mind can apprehend their truth and meaning. That is not guaranteed btw. The seer himself/herself can misinterpret the meaning of the vision. Lets examine the symbols in Joseph's dream.

9 And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.
The symbols are obviously the father and mother and their children. A family.

10 And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth?
Of course it's a bit unsettling, it is counter to the natural order of the human family.

And it is interesting that his father Israel became indignant to the thought of bowing down to his son Joseph - because Jacob did not realize it was about far into the future the messiah (not Joseph himself) and the nation of Israel...as well as the encounter they had with Joseph in Egypt. And that the messiah would be God Himself entered into this world to save us from the power of sin.
Not surprising at all. Like I said it is a dream that counters the proper order of God given authority to the human family. You project your own meaning into their story and add meaning to their response that isn't there.

Lets go over the meaning of the symbols.
The sun is the male. Adam received the law of God directly from God. Adam is the light of God on earth. The serpent could not deceive Adam. Adam is the stronger because changelessness is a characteristic of a man.

The moon is the female. The female receives the law of God from the male. She is not the light on earth but reflects the light. The moon is a symbol of change. Regular predictable and ordered change. Eve is the weaker and deceived because change is proper to a woman.

These symbols are proper to the story of Joseph and his family. They symbolize the natural order for human family life. The meaning of the symbols are fit for the story of Joseph and are types that point to the future Christ Events. You are attempting to make the types be what they point at. It's like putting a square peg in a round hole. Also, this is what people try to do with pagan myth's that point to Christ. The difference being the biblical accounts point to Christ without the errors that come from stories that emerge from the human mind. Nevertheless the types point but Truth happened. Your use of biblical types don't fit because you deny Truth that happened. Jesus has a mother and she is all that is implied about being the mother of the Truth and the relationships and events that all the OT types and shadows point to. You can't remove her because it doesn't fit your desired interpretation. Truth happened and the truth of His mother is central to the meaning of who Truth is and how He happened

Rev 12
A great portent appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.

A woman clothed with the sun. Go and revisit the true meaning of the sun and moon and see what this really means. You putting the sun in her womb is making things up that are not there. Trying to put a square peg in a round hole. The moon under her feet. This is not the meaning of the moon given to Joseph's mother. You can't know what that means if you deny the person who it reveals. The true meaning fits perfectly the Woman who's womb formed the flesh of the Truth.

You putting the sun in her womb, although not the meaning of the spiritual realities in the vision, fits the truth of Jesus' mother better than Israel don't you think?

If you wish to refute this interpretation you need to offer an interpretation that is a better use of the meaning of the biblical symbols including the ones used in Galatians 4 21-30. They need to fit the people and the events that they point to and reveal, as they are written, without removing parts that don't fit a personal bias.

T

Last edited:
Reactions: Quasar92
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Woah! Douggg. What is made up and not biblical? First of all you can't say that and then ignore what I wrote. You will have to show me what I made up and what isn't biblical and why.

Eloy, you wrote....

"Mary is the mother of Jesus who is the Son of both the promise and the flesh in one person. So Mary is the mother of both Covenants as one person"

When you wrote "So" Mary is the mother of both covenants as one person - you made an extension of your own in the "So" which the bible does not make that extension. Mary is not the mother of both covenants. If you can find something the bible, which the bible itself states Mary is the mother of both covenants, then that is a biblical text statement. It is a huge declaration you are making.

I am not saying that you did not use the bible to arrive at your hypothesis. I am saying you have come to an erroneous conclusion.

If you wish to refute this interpretation you need to offer an interpretation that is a better use of the biblical meaning of the symbols. They need to fit the people and the events as they are without removing parts that don't fit a personal bias.
It doesn't take an exhaustive study to know that the woman is Israel because the same symbols go back to Genesis 37:9-10 and that Jesus was the prophesied Son to Israel in Isaiah 9:6.

"For unto us" - Israel.

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Revelation chapter 12 is not about Mary. It is about the 7 years relevant to Israel and the Jews. Revelation 12 is the key chapter in all the bible for structuring where the end times frames go on the timeline. It is where I would start if I were going to introduce someone new to eschatology.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Mary is the mother of Jesus who is the Son of both the promise and the flesh in one person. So Mary is the mother of both Covenants as one person"

When you wrote "So" Mary is the mother of both covenants as one person - you made an extension of your own in the "So" which the bible does not make that extension. Mary is not the mother of both covenants. If you can find something the bible, which the bible itself states Mary is the mother of both covenants, then that is biblical. It is a huge declaration you are making.
To make your argument work you must prove that Jesus doesn't unite in Himself both the Old and New Covenants. If He does not, I must concede. If Mary isn't His mother, I must concede.

I gave biblical proof by citing Galatians 4 21-30. That was ignored.

It shows the teaching about the covenants. Refute the explanation I gave. That is what needs to be done. Keep in mind, Paul isn't claiming Sarah (Israel) as the mother of the new covenant. I don't deny Sarah as mother to the old covenant. I do claim that Paul didn't reveal the mother of the new covenant but implied who she is. His language is careful to avoid the thinking that Israel is a mother to the New Covenant when he repeats that it's an allegory and when he uses the word 'corresponds'. Sarah is the mother of Israel and the covenant by flesh not Spirit. Paul uses those two terms to define the two covenants.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
t doesn't take an exhaustive study to know that the woman is Israel because the same symbols go back to Genesis 37:9-10 and that Jesus was the prophesied Son to Israel in Isaiah 9:6.
It isn't a leap of logic to understand that a 'people' as a 'Woman' who gives birth or is a 'mother' means those definitions much less than the person who is the Woman who gave birth and is the mother of the child who will rule the nations. How can you think an allegory is greater than the real thing? According to the bible Jesus had a real mother and she being the Woman in rev 12 to you is impossible? That doesn't even take a study. Just one reading to know that the Woman who gives birth to Jesus is a person named Mary. Jesus even called her Woman. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Revelation chapter 12 is not about Mary. It is about the 7 years relevant to Israel and the Jews. Revelation 12 is the key chapter in all the bible for structuring where the end times frames go on the timeline. It is where I would start if I were going to introduce someone new to eschatology.
Douggg, I see the OT as a revelation of creation and salvation history from beginning to end. I see the NT as the same but in more condensed form. Plus it's meaning is taught by those who lived it. John's vision as written in the Book of Revelation is the whole journey from beginning in to end but in it's eternal expression and most condensed form. The meaning of the symbols are what they are as eternal realities. To fully understand the symbol of 'Woman' it must include 'Woman from beginning to end.

Adam and Eve---> 12 patriarchs --->. 12 tribes(Israel) ---> Mary ---> Jesus. Those are the people of God by the flesh.

The People by the Spirit. Holy Spirit and Mary--->Jesus --->All the 12's by flesh and Spirit----> 12 apostles---> Church---> Tree of life and it's 12 fruits.

All the 12's are the Woman's crown in Rev. 12. They all converge on the persons in the center of history. The Man Jesus and His Mother Woman.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
To make your argument work you must prove that Jesus doesn't unite in Himself both the Old and New Covenants. If He does not, I must concede. If Mary isn't His mother, I must concede.
Jesus created the world and everything in it - including Mary. Mary did not exist at the time the old covenant was established. So she could hardly be the mother of the old covenant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
According to the bible Jesus had a real mother and she being the Woman in rev 12 to you is impossible?
Yes, it is impossible that the woman in Revelation 12 is Mary.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I gave biblical proof by citing Galatians 4 21-30. That was ignored.

It shows the teaching about the covenants. Refute the explanation I gave. That is what needs to be done.
Revelation 12 is not about the old covenant. The old covenant is not mentioned in Revelation 12. Israel, the Jews, receive the new covenant in the middle part of the 7 years during the timeframe when Satan is cast down. It has nothing to do with Mary.

Revelation 12:10 10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation [to the Jews], and strength, and the kingdom of our God [to the Jews], and the power of his Christ [to the Jews]: for the accuser of our brethren [the Jews] is cast down, which accused them [the Jews] before our God day and night.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 12 is not about the old covenant. The old covenant is not mentioned in Revelation 12. Israel, the Jews, receive the new covenant in the middle part of the 7 years during the timeframe when Satan is cast down. It has nothing to do with Mary.

Rev 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
Rev 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Mat 2:12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
Mat 2:13 And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.
Mat 2:14 When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:
Mat 2:15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

If Mary is the mother of the man-child, Revelation 12 has something to do with Mary.

Read Hebrews 8:6-13 to find the fulfillment of the New Covenant to Israel.
Verse 6 is in the present tense during the first century.

Satan is not now in heaven in the presence of God, and Christ, and the souls of our dead Brothers and Sisters.
Angels that "sinned" have already been "cast down".

2Pe_2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Jud_1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If Mary is the mother of the man-child, Revelation 12 has something to do with Mary.
Mary is not represented as - "a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars"- anywhere in the gospel accounts of her being the mother of Jesus. Revelation 12 has nothing to do with Mary.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ary is not represented as - "a woman clothed with the sun,
This scripture describes Mary as clothed with the sun. There are others. This one is from heaven directly.

6 In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a town in Galilee called Nazareth, 27 to a virgin engaged to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 And he came to her and said, “Greetings, favored one! The Lord is with you.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matt 24 29-30
29 But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

This is said by the first martyr Stephen.
Acts 7 54-60
54 When they heard these things, they became enraged and ground their teeth at Stephen. 55 But filled with the Holy Spirit, he gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56 “Look,” he said, “I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!” 57 But they covered their ears, and with a loud shout all rushed together against him. 58 Then they dragged him out of the city and began to stone him; and the witnesses laid their coats at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59 While they were stoning Stephen, he prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60 Then he knelt down and cried out in a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he died.

I think Stephen's prayer was answered.

Acts 9
Meanwhile Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest 2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any who belonged to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. 3 Now as he was going along and approaching Damascus, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?” 5 He asked, “Who are you, Lord?” The reply came, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.

This is a picture of the final persecution. The prayer of the Christian martyrs and the conversion of the Jews. Then of course the times are fulfilled.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 12 has nothing to do with Mary.

Mat 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

Mat 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Mary was a descendant of the twelve tribes of Israel.

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
Rev 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Who was the mother of the "man-child"?

Upvote 0