Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are two signs referred to in Rev.12, in which the one found in verses 1-2, the woman represents the virgin Mary, which is the subject of this post. The woman of verses 3-14 represent the nation of Israel.

The sign of the Son of Man referred to by Jesus in Mt.24:30 is explained from what was written in Rev,12:1-2, called the "Wonderous sign in heaven.'

The Great and Wonderous Sign -

You could say - it is the gospel in the sky. (Ps.89:5) This wonder takes place once every year at a very specific time. When Jesus was born. [The Star of Bethlehem was also involved in the astronomical phenomenon, but only a one time event, discussed a little later on].

The woman represents a virgin with the sun amidst her body, representing her pregnancy. The crescent moon at her feet represents the specific time frame this event takes place.

The only time of year this event can be witnessed, is in late September, at the time of the Autumnal Equinox. As seen in the middle east, at or around the Jewish Holy Convocation - feast and festival - of Rosh Hashanah. The Israeli New Year - which they call 'a year of new beginnings.' It is also the last fall feast and festival of their year which they call the 'feast of trumpets.' They also believe it marks the day God began the creation.

The astronomical, scientific study made, reveal the woman's body is in the Constellation of Virgo (The virgin). She represents the virgin Mary, of Israel, and has a crown of twelve stars on her head - representing the twelve tribes of Israel. The sun is amid her body, signifying her pregnancy.

Her head is about 10% in the previous Constellation Leo (The Lion - of Judah) and the moon is at her feet, about 10% into the Constellation Libra (The scales of righteousness and judgement). Depicting the precise window of time this even took place. With all the heavenly bodies in motion, this event can take place only between a time frame from 7:15 to 7:30 P.M., a 15 minute window.

So when Jesus talks about His return at His Second Advent in Mt.24:30, it will be at that specific time of year - and time frame!

For the full treatment on this outstanding story, can be found in a book written by Dr. Ernest L. Martin, PhD., "The Star That Astonished The World." Which also reveals what the Star of Bethlehem was, from this study, in the early to mid '90's by scientists and astronomers. Who retrogressed the heavenly bodies by computer, until their studies revealed the Star of Bethlehem to be a series of conjunctions between the king planet, Jupiter, the Queen planet Venus and the King star Regulus, as seen from the middle east. [The birth of Jesus was calculated by Dr. Martin to be September 11, 3 B.C.]

Quasar92

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
There are two signs referred to in Rev.12, in which the one found in verses 1-2, the woman represents the virgin Mary, which is the subject of this post. The woman of verses 3-14 represent the nation of Israel.

The sign of the Son of Man referred to by Jesus in Mt.24:30 is explained from what was written in Rev,12:1-2, called the "Wonderous sign in heaven.'

You could say - it is the gospel in the sky. (Ps.89:5) This wonder takes place once every year at a very specific time. When Jesus was born. [The Star of Bethlehem was also involved in the astronomical phenomenon, but only a one time event, discussed a little later on].

The woman represents a virgin with the sun amidst her body, representing her pregnancy. The crescent moon at her feet represents the specific time frame this event takes place.

The only time of year this event can be witnessed, is in late September, at the time of the Autumnal Equinox. As seen in the middle east, at or around the Jewish Holy Convocation - feast and festival - of Rosh Hashanah. The Israeli New Year - which they call 'a year of new beginnings.' It is also the last fall feast and festival of their year which they call the 'feast of trumpets.' They also believe it marks the day God began the creation.

The astronomical, scientific study made, reveal the woman's body is in the Constellation of Virgo (The virgin). She represents the virgin Mary, of Israel, and has a crown of twelve stars on her head - representing the twelve tribes of Israel. The sun is amid her body, signifying her pregnancy.

Her head is about 10% in the previous Constellation Leo (The Lion - of Judah) and the moon is at her feet, about 10% into the Constellation Libra (The scales of righteousness and judgement). Depicting the precise window of time this even took place. With all the heavenly bodies in motion, this event can take place only between a time frame from 7:15 to 7:30 P.M., a 15 minute window.

So when Jesus talks about His return at His Second Advent in Mt.24:30, it will be at that specific time of year - and time frame!

For the full treatment on this outstanding story, can be found in a book written by Dr. Ernest L. Martin, PhD., "The Star That Astonished The World." Which also reveals what the Star of Bethlehem was, from this study, in the early to mid '90's by scientists and astronomers. Who retrogressed the heavenly bodies by computer, until their studies revealed the Star of Bethlehem to be a series of conjunctions between the king planet, Jupiter, the Queen planet Venus and the King star Regulus, as seen from the middle east. [The birth of Jesus was calculated by Dr. Martin to be September 11, 3 B.C.]

Quasar92
Informative. Thanks for the post Quasar92. Peace in Christ :).

Upvote 0

Mark51

Site Supporter
Nov 11, 2014
✟89,056.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not understand the accounts at Matthew 24:30 and Revelation 12:1, 2 with the same meaning.

In the Matthew account, Jesus would be exercising a prophesied and future Kingdom power. Revelation is referring to God’s symbolic wife (heavenly organization or symbolic Jerusalem-Galatians 4:26) of whom is about to give a symbolic birth of a newborn kingdom. See: Psalms 2:9; 110:2; Isaiah 11:4; 49:2; Revelation 19:15.

Upvote 0

imsaneru

Jun 18, 2017
Metropolis
✟43,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry but its a load of bull. Read your bible. Jesus was circumcised at 8 days old in Jerusalem , it says that when they left there they went to their home town of Nazareth , so here is Jesus around 8 days old and he is living in a "HOUSE" in Nazareth.
Herod figured out from the wise men that Jesus must be around 2 yrs of age , so we get the drift that Jesus is now around 2 . Sadly as we have already seen , Jesus is seen by many Christians as still living in a barn in Bethlehem and he is supposedly still a baby. Yet the so called STAR leads the wise men to where Jesus actually is , and at 2 yrs of age there is no way that he was still in Bethlehem.

So what I'm trying to say is that there is NO star of Bethlehem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not understand the accounts at Matthew 24:30 and Revelation 12:1, 2 with the same meaning.

In the Matthew account, Jesus would be exercising a prophesied and future Kingdom power. Revelation is referring to God’s symbolic wife (heavenly organization or symbolic Jerusalem-Galatians 4:26) of whom is about to give a symbolic birth of a newborn kingdom. See: Psalms 2:9; 110:2; Isaiah 11:4; 49:2; Revelation 19:15.

Mt.24:4-31 is Jesus Olivet Discourse in response to His disciples questions in verse 3; as to when will these things happen; the sign of His return and of the end of the age. Jesus response pertains to the events of the Great Tribulation and His return to the earth. Rev.12 is a parenthetic passage that is not fulfilled chronologically until recorded in Rev.19:11-21.

Hope this helps.

Quasar92

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,200.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So "no-one knows the day or hour", Matthew 24:36 actually means "we do know the hour, and even the month of the year"?

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry but its a load of bull. Read your bible. Jesus was circumcised at 8 days old in Jerusalem , it says that when they left there they went to their home town of Nazareth , so here is Jesus around 8 days old and he is living in a "HOUSE" in Nazareth.
Herod figured out from the wise men that Jesus must be around 2 yrs of age , so we get the drift that Jesus is now around 2 . Sadly as we have already seen , Jesus is seen by many Christians as still living in a barn in Bethlehem and he is supposedly still a baby. Yet the so called STAR leads the wise men to where Jesus actually is , and at 2 yrs of age there is no way that he was still in Bethlehem.

So what I'm trying to say is that there is NO star of Bethlehem.

A team of astronomers and scientists did an in-depth study to determine what the Star of Bethlehem was, through a retrogression of the heavens to that time, by computer., back in the early to mid 90's. According to their findings, three heavenly bodies were involved in the awesome event; the king planet Jupiter; the queen planet Venus and the king star Regulus, that converged in and around each other. A thoroughly detailed book covering this subject is: "The Star That Startled The World," by the late Ernest L. Martin, PhD. Many of the Observatory's in the country, including the one at Griffith Park, in Los Angeles use the display described for their Christmas exhibit. You can obtain more information about it at askelm.com, where you can read the book on ine, but it is lengthy.

FYI, the accounts of the Star of Bethlehem in the Bible, are not false!

Quasar92

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So "no-one knows the day or hour", Matthew 24:36 actually means "we do know the hour, and even the month of the year"?

Yes, it will be when the Sign of the Son of Man," takes place in the heavens, recorded in Rev.12:1-2, at the autumnal equinox around September 22/23.

Quasar92

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,200.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it will be when the Sign of the Son of Man," takes place in the heavens, recorded in Rev.12:1-2, at the autumnal equinox around September 22/23.

Maybe you missed the point; Jesus himself said, "no one knows the hour. Not even the Son, only the Father."
Anyone who claims to more more than Jesus does can immediately be discarded, imo. (That's not aimed at you but at the person who wrote the book.)

Apart from that, a number of people were saying it would be Sept 23rd this year - and they possibly said that last year too.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
Maybe you missed the point; Jesus himself said, "no one knows the hour. Not even the Son, only the Father."
Anyone who claims to more more than Jesus does can immediately be discarded, imo. (That's not aimed at you but at the person who wrote the book.)

I don't think He is talking about the second coming.

It's the first day of the tribulation that He's talking about.

“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

Because He goes right on to describe the days of Noah BEFORE the flood. He's saying that we can't know the day or the hour of the start of the tribulation.

"For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Jesus probably also has a sort of conflict of interest in being the one to throw the switch. Jesus is the Savior of mankind. Even the wicked owe it to Him for each day we live here. During the first sudden destructive day of the tribulation many millions will die. Because Christ is our High Priest, it probably needs to be the Father that gives the nod to start the appointed time. And then there will be no delay.

Apart from that, a number of people were saying it would be Sept 23rd this year - and they possibly said that last year too.

I think that it did start already. There was another thread about how would we know. A guy there talked to me about it. I think we are very close to the start of the third and last watch of the night. The deadline will probably fall back into the days of Noah again. The Noah story even had it's 150 days, the 5th trumpet's 5 month season of the locust equivalent?

"If he comes in the second watch,
or in the third, and finds them awake,
blessed are those servants!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,200.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think He is talking about the second coming.

It's the first day of the tribulation that He's talking about.

“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

He could be talking about a couple of things.
The passage starts with a reference to the temple and its fine stones. Jesus says that it will soon be destroyed and the disciples ask when that will happen.
His words, "this generation will not pass away until these things have happened", fits with that. (Unless the word for generation is translated "race", in which case, he is probably talking about future events.)

In Matthew 24:4 Jesus talks about false Messiahs, and from verse 26 onwards talks about the Son of Man. So it seems reasonable that he is talking about his return.
But verse 35 says, "heaven and earth will pass away ......" so it's possible that the words "about that day" refer to heaven and earth passing away - i.e the end of the world.
I suppose if you believe that no one knows the day or time when God will end the world, that makes some sense. but where does Jesus' return fit into that?
"No one knows when the world will end, but you can observe the signs, and work out dates, for my return?" That doesn't fit. IF Jesus is returning to take us to himself before the world ends - and some dispute this - then we're not going to care about when that will be, since we'll already be with him.
And if he was going to return to earth only thousands of years after the apostles' death, why talk to them about it at all?

I don't really understand eschatology, so I can't debate the rest of your post. And I certainly don't understand that there are so many conflicting views, each backed by Scripture.
All I know for sure is that Jesus said, "no one knows the day or hour", yet in each generation there are folk who say, "WE do. We've cracked it; it will be on ......... day".
So far, every one of them has been wrong. And even during my time on this forum, I've received criticism/abuse for pointing out that I don't believe their predictions.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
All I know for sure is that Jesus said, "no one knows the day or hour", yet in each generation there are folk who say, "WE do. We've cracked it; it will be on ......... day".
So far, every one of them has been wrong. And even during my time on this forum, I've received criticism/abuse for pointing out that I don't believe their predictions.

I know what you're talking about. All that we've had have been failed predictions. It's the ultimate scenario of the boy who cried wolf. And it's created an environment where the scoffers can flourish. I get the feeling that if we get one more "sign", unless it's a global earthquake, they are just going to immediately laugh their brains out.

But even if "no one knows the day or hour", can we know the year? The month? Or even the week? Based on the magnitude of the event, any of the above would be sufficient for me.

He could be talking about a couple of things.
The passage starts with a reference to the temple and its fine stones. Jesus says that it will soon be destroyed and the disciples ask when that will happen.
His words, "this generation will not pass away until these things have happened", fits with that. (Unless the word for generation is translated "race", in which case, he is probably talking about future events.)

We agree, He is probably talking about future events. And this probably isn't the place to unpack the Olivet, but I see it in five sections where Jesus stops and starts over in something like a repetition and enlargement. The ESV does a good job in inserting the headers in the right places, so someone else must have seen it too.

In Matthew 24:4 Jesus talks about false Messiahs, and from verse 26 onwards talks about the Son of Man. So it seems reasonable that he is talking about his return.
But verse 35 says, "heaven and earth will pass away ......" so it's possible that the words "about that day" refer to heaven and earth passing away - i.e the end of the world.
I suppose if you believe that no one knows the day or time when God will end the world, that makes some sense. but where does Jesus' return fit into that?

Someone else here mentioned that the day and hour was talking about when the heavens and earth passes away, but I think the H/E verse is from the preceding section. Verse 36 is starting a new section, the day and hour like in the time before the flood. Mathew 24 is written very much like Revelation where John is describing 12 specific visions. Jesus appears to be describing five portions of our appointed time of the end and the area just preceding that time.

Sometimes, like in Luke 17, Jesus will use a phrase like "the day that the Son of Man is revealed". Partly due to the situation, I consider that He may be talking about day 1 of the tribulation when the Son of Man is revealed through His actions. So the "the coming of the Son of Man" from verse 37, may not be the same thing as the "Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven" from verse 30. The "coming" could be thought of as a process. The coming of the Son of man could be thought of as a parade of apocalyptic events that culminate with His arrival.

"No one knows when the world will end, but you can observe the signs, and work out dates, for my return?" That doesn't fit. IF Jesus is returning to take us to himself before the world ends - and some dispute this - then we're not going to care about when that will be, since we'll already be with him.

Not if you live in northern Canada. You'll probably want some extra kerosene for your lantern. I don't think anyone will be able to beat the tribulation without God's help,

"Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth.

But if you knew that the next few weeks would be the last time that you'd be able to go to a store, or if the electricity would be out for two weeks, we might want to have some batteries for our flashlights and am radios.

And if he was going to return to earth only thousands of years after the apostles' death, why talk to them about it at all?

Because He knew that they were going to write it down for the final generation to argue over at the end of the world.

I don't really understand eschatology, so I can't debate the rest of your post.

Neither do I apparently, so join the club.

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yes, Jesus is right; I did not post any hour or day. Only that which we re told about it in the Scriptures.

Quasar92

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yes, Jesus was/is right. I did not post any hour or day, but rather only that which the Bible teaches us about it.

Quasar92

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,200.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Jesus was/is right. I did not post any hour or day, but rather only that which the Bible teaches us about it.

You said that:
With all the heavenly bodies in motion, this event can take place only between a time frame from 7:15 to 7:30 P.M., a 15 minute window.

BIB. That person is claiming they know the hour.
So I don't believe them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Quasar92
100% wrong Q. The sign of the son of man has nothing to do with the stars in the constellation.

First of all, the cosmos, the constellations, the second heaven, will be removed before Jesus returns down to this earth in Revelation 6:12-17 the sixth seal.

Secondly, the sign of the son of man appearing in heaven is after the sun darkens and the moon does not give its light. Which is a match to what it says in the sixth seal. Not what it says in Revelation 12, which has the sun and moon appearing associating with the woman - to identify the woman as Israel.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

In Revelation 6:

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

The actual sign is that the world will see Jesus before the throne of God in the third heaven prepared to execute judgment on the wicked men of this world for persecuting and martyring the saints that are in Revelation 6:9-10

This will happen unexpectedly to the wicked of the world as they will be persecuting the saints without fear of the consequence, right up to the minute when the sun darkens and the moon turns red as blood, and the very cosmos is peeled away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You said that:

BIB. That person is claiming they know the hour.
So I don't believe them.

His reference is the relation to the sun and the moon visible concurrently, which is seldom seen and depicts a very specific time frame window, for that event to take place. It has nothing whatever to do with a prediction of when that event will take place. But rather, those events that will take place when Jesus return, as He stated in Mt.24:30, about the presence of the sign of the Son of Man.

Quasar92

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,200.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
His reference is the relation to the sun and the moon visible concurrently, which is seldom seen and depicts a very specific time frame window, for that event to take place. It has nothing whatever to do with a prediction of when that event will take place. But rather, those events that will take place when Jesus return, as He stated in Mt.24:30, about the presence of the sign of the Son of Man.

It sounds as if he is saying that Jesus' return will be between 7 and 7.15 pm - but I'll take your word for it.

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
100% wrong Q. The sign of the son of man has nothing to do with the stars in the constellation.

First of all, the cosmos, the constellations, the second heaven, will be removed before Jesus returns down to this earth in Revelation 6:12-17 the sixth seal.

Secondly, the sign of the son of man appearing in heaven is after the sun darkens and the moon does not give its light. Which is a match to what it says in the sixth seal. Not what it says in Revelation 12, which has the sun and moon appearing associating with the woman - to identify the woman as Israel.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

In Revelation 6:

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

The actual sign is that the world will see Jesus before the throne of God in the third heaven prepared to execute judgment on the wicked men of this world for persecuting and martyring the saints that are in Revelation 6:9-10

This will happen unexpectedly to the wicked of the world as they will be persecuting the saints without fear of the consequence, right up to the minute when the sun darkens and the moon turns red as blood, and the very cosmos is peeled away.

The above is the epitome of opinionated guesswork as opposed to the OP article about the scientific study, by astronomers and scientists, of the heavens by professionals. Over a five year period of time, you claim to know more about than they do. The formt by Ernet L. Martin, PjD, was adopted by Observatory scientists throughout the U.S., to use as their Christmas exhibit. including the one at Griffith Park, in Los Angeles, CA.

I have no problem t all accepting the findings from their studies over that which your above contribution about the Sign of the Son of Man, recorded in Mt.24:30 and in Rev.12:1-2.

Quasar92

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It sounds as if he is saying that Jesus' return will be between 7 and 7.15 pm - but I'll take your word for it.

The window of 10 or 15 minutes while the sun is setting and the moon rising, visible to the naked eye [As seen in the middle east], as recorded in Rev.12:1-2, is the scenario of the Sign of the Son of Man. That will take place, at the time of the summer equinox in September 22/23 of the year He returns.

Quasar92

Last edited:
Upvote 0