The sharks circle — and eat Mueller for breakfast

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Everyone should read the Mueller report. And that includes Robert Mueller.

Unfortunately, the special counsel seems shockingly unfamiliar with key findings of his 448-page report — not to mention seriously befuddled by questions he should have expected from members of the House Judiciary Committee. His overall confusion, plus his inability to recall details of a 22-month long investigation into Russia’s interference with the 2016 presidential election and possible obstruction of justice by President Trump, left a respected career prosecutor as helpless as a seal in shark-infested waters.

And, given the hearing’s 8:30 a.m. start time on Wednesday, you could say those sharks, otherwise known as Republican lawmakers, ate Mueller, 74, for breakfast. By lunchtime, he was toast, chewed up and spit out by vicious Republican questioning about his motives and credibility, and that of his team. At the end, he couldn’t even remember which president first appointed him US attorney. It was President Reagan, not Bush, as he mistakenly said.

By then, also toast were any Democratic hopes that Mueller’s highly anticipated testimony would move the dial of public opinion toward impeachment proceedings against Trump.

The sharks circle — and eat Mueller for breakfast - The Boston Globe

This is from the left wing Boston Globe. bad day all around for the Democrats.

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
This sort of sums up Mueller's day.

'I'm Still Sharp As A Tack,' Insists Mueller Moments Before Taking Phone Call On A Banana

article-4559-2.jpg

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I watched just so much of it. It was a joke. He looked VERY confused.
Watching Jim Jordan question him right now. Mueller looks tired and very confused.

• Agree
Reactions: eastcoast_bsc
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I watched just so much of it. It was a joke. He looked VERY confused.

He did. This leaves more me even more suspicious of the motivations and of those behind this investigation.

It is obvious that Mueller has lost his fast ball, so who was really behind the months and months of investigations and who was leading the investigation?

to be honest I was shocked. I was under the impression that Mueller was tough and sharp as a tack. I believed he was. But watching the hearings I see a tired and very confused man.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0