Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry,
as posted several times already,
when you contradict Scripture(the BIBLE), it is wrong,
even if a spirit or an apparition or an angel of light told you this.

What do these verses mean to you.

1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments.

1 John 3:22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

What are His commandments?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
you seem to be "just quoting you" with your "You honestly want to tell me you are not under the Ten Commandments?" --

Why do that??

Paul uses the term "Under the Law" to mean "Under the condemnation of the LAW" in Romans 3:19-20. This is irrefutable.

But in the modern context today - If you are asking me if I am "under the condemnation of the Ten Commandments" that is very different from "are you under the Ten Commandments"

I am guessing we both know that.

I see you agreed with Jeffs post about demons (angels of light). That is beneath both of you, but especially you. And here I've stood up for you when you've been attacked.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I see you agreed with Jeffs post about demons (angels of light).

Is this your way of referencing Gal 1:6-9.

I do agree with Gal 1:6-9
6 I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; 7 which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! 9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

I agree with "the text"

here we see another affirmation of the Acts 17:11 "sola scriptura" principle

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What do these verses mean to you.

1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments.

1 John 3:22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

What are His commandments?

Same question "again" --

Same answer "again" --

God's TEN Commandments are included in what the Bible calls the "Commandments of God"

(So then they are not the only parts of the OT that are included as the "Commandments of God" - but they are one of the laws included)

=============================

KEEP the Commandments - God's Ten Commandments are included as the "Commandments of God"

10 Commandments are –
“Commandments of God” Neh 10:29
“Law of God” Neh 10:29
“Word of God” Mark 7:13
“Commandment of God” Mark 7:6-13
NT “Scripture” James 2:8
NT “Law” – James 2:9-11
NT Commandments Eph 6:2, Rom 13:9, Romans 7:7-10

1John 2:
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

John says -
Rev 22:
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.(KJV)

The teaching of Christ: Commandment of God = Word of God = "Moses said" in the case of the TEN Commandments.

Mark 7

7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
13 Making the Word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Exodus 20
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

John 14
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

1 John 5
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Rev 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

1 Cor 7:19 .. "what matters is keeping the Commandments of God"

Eph 6:2 the 5th commandment "is the FIRST commandment WITH a promise" in that still valid - unit of TEN.

Matt 19 "if you would have eternal life KEEP the Commandments... Which ones?.." then comes Christ list FROM the Ten Commandments.

Romans 7 - quoting the Commandments - from the TEN
Romans 13 - from the TEN
James 2 - from the TEN.

And of course - under the NEW Covenant the "LAW of God written on heart and mind" - Jeremiah 31:31-33 and certainly Jeremiah knew about the TEN.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You are not the official rule maker on posting, Bob, so please quit disrespecting me that my opinions are worthless.

I don't say your "opinions are worthless" that is you "quoting you" again. I say you have free will and are welcome to make up whatever you wish or to have any preference you want.

I just prefer the actual Bible. That is my own choice. We BOTH have free will.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
@BobRyan, @yeshuaslavejeff

Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you. 14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death. 15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
you seem to be "just quoting you" with your "You honestly want to tell me you are not under the Ten Commandments?" --

Why do that??

Paul uses the term "Under the Law" to mean "Under the condemnation of the LAW" in Romans 3:19-20. This is irrefutable.

But in the modern context today - If you are asking me if I am "under the condemnation of the Ten Commandments" that is very different from "are you under the Ten Commandments"

I am guessing we both know that.
Paul says the world is condemned in Romans 3. Paul says the christian isn't condemned in Romans 8. Lots of difference there.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So if we are not under the condemnation of the Ten Commandments then we can break them with no condemnation. Sweet!
Can't just believe you played into his hand. I'm pretty sure you said that tongue-in-cheek, though.

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"The seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD (YHWH) thy GOD" Exodus 20:8-11
"The Sabbath.. the Holy day of the LORD (YHWH)" Isaiah 58:13.
God only rested on the seventh day of creation week. He did not rest every seventh day of every week. :)

The weekly Sabbath days were just memorial days, they were not the actual seventh day on which God rested. :)
"From Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL MANKIND come before Me to worship" Isaiah 66:23
Jesus also said, “Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in Me, and I in him.” -- (John 6:56).

Have you eaten Christ’s flesh and drank His blood lately? Because if you haven’t, you are not a Christian. :)

My point is that you interpret God's word based on its literal application under the Old Covenant, instead of interpreting God's word based on its true fulfillment in Christ under the New Covenant:

“For Christ did not enter a man-made sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; He entered heaven itself…For the law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming — not the realities themselves.” -- (Hebrews 8, 9, 10).

The Old Covenant with its rituals and laws was just a copy and shadow of the realty fulfilled in Christ under the New Covenant. A shadow is only a reflection that mimics the reality, but not the reality itself:

"For the law is only a shadow of the good things to come, and not the realities themselves." -- (Hebrews 10:1).

Circumcision, animal sacrifice and Sabbath-day rest were all shadows reflecting the realities that are now fulfilled in Christ. Insisting on observing a Sabbath-day rest is nothing more than chasing shadows:

"Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink…or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.” -- (Colossians 2:16-17).
I will be sticking with the Bible on this one.
Two people with apposing views can't be both sticking with the Bible. :)

I’m still waiting for your answer to this question:

“For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts” -- (Romans 2:14-15).

If, as Paul said, the Gentiles never had the letter of the law, then how are they able to fulfill the requirements of the law?

“If those who are not circumcised keep the righteous requirements of the law, will they not be regarded as though they were circumcised? The one who is not circumcised physically and yet fulfills the law will condemn you who, even though you have the written letter and circumcision, are a transgressor of the law.” -- (Romans 2:26-29).

Paul is saying we can be obeying the letter of the law and still be transgressing the righteous requirements of the law, and we can fulfill the righteous requirements of the law without obeying the letter of the law.

The correct answer to this perplexing question will open your eyes to the truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As I wrote earlier, keeping God's eternal laws are accomplished through the fruit of the Spirit.
Sorry,
as posted several times already,
when you contradict Scripture(the BIBLE), it is wrong,
even if a spirit or an apparition or an angel of light told you this.
Maybe you can help me with this perplexing question, since BobRyan seems unable to:

If, as Paul said, the Gentiles never had the letter of the law, then how are they able to fulfill the righteous requirements of the law?

“For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts” -- (Romans 2:14-15).

There is no doubt that Paul is referring to the letter of the 10 Commandments:

“Now you, if you call yourself a Jew; if you rely on the law and brag about your relationship to God…You who preach a man should not steal, do you steal? You who say a man should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? You who brag about the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law?” – (Rom 2:17-23).

Paul is saying we can be obeying the letter of the law and still be transgressing the righteous requirements of the law, and we can fulfill the righteous requirements of the law without obeying the letter of the law:

“If those who are not circumcised keep the righteous requirements of the law, will they not be regarded as though they were circumcised? The one who is not circumcised physically and yet fulfills the law will condemn you who, even though you have the written letter and circumcision, are a transgressor of the law.” -- (Romans 2:26-29).

So can you help me with this perplexing question that BobRyan seems to be avoiding:

If the Gentiles never had the letter of the law, then how are they able to fulfill the righteous requirements of the law?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe you can help me with this perplexing question, since BobRyan seems unable to:

If, as Paul said, the Gentiles never had the letter of the law, then how are they able to fulfill the righteous requirements of the law?

Paul is saying we can be obeying the letter of the law and still be transgressing the righteous requirements of the law, and we can fulfill the righteous requirements of the law without obeying the letter of the law.

And there is no doubt that Paul is referring to the letter of the 10 Commandments:

“Now you, if you call yourself a Jew; if you rely on the law and brag about your relationship to God…You who preach a man should not steal, do you steal? You who say a man should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? You who brag about the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law?” – (Rom 2:17-23).

So can you help me with this perplexing question that BobRyan seems to be avoiding?

If the Gentiles never had the letter of the law (the 10 Commandments), then how are they able to fulfill the righteous requirements of the law?

I believe Jesus died for all men, for the sin of the world. It is the Spirit who draws men to Christ, and convicts them of sin. He is God. So all men know right from wrong, even a Gentile that never had the law. He has been given free will to go with their conscience or against it. Once a person goes against their conscience long enough to deaden it, that is when God turns them over to a reprobate mind. Also remember when Adam and Eve ate of the forbidden fruit, it wasn't the Tree of Knowledge of Evil, but of Good and Evil.

The Ten Commandments were good in that it conveyed the bottom line. However, when you tell someone not to do something, it suddenly is on their mind. Like don't think of a pink bunny. Now what's on your mind? It peaks your interest, but when you think of the pink bunny you feel guilty. It is shame based and you feel wretched. This is why Paul called it the "law of sin and death."

We are weak, but God is strong. When we repent from our sin and accept Christ as our Savior, He gives us the gift of His own righteousness. He gives us the Holy Spirit. Now I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Once forgiven of our past sins, and receive the Holy Spirit, He kills sin in the flesh. We are dead to sin. Now we produce righteousness. John says, whoever practices righteousness, is righteous. We become God's children. Now how do we stay that way? Through the law of the Spirit of life in Christ which has freed me from the law of sin and death. The flesh/cravings cannot please God, but we are NOT in the flesh if the Spirit of Christ is in us. This is why John can say a Christian no longer commits willful sin. Christ has given us His Spirit to empower us.

I've seemed to have caused a ruckus with some by saying that the fruit of the Spirit keeps the laws of God. But it is the Spirit who is the only one worthy to take credit for us producing righteousness. Before Jesus giving us His Spirit, the world had to keep the laws of God in their own weakness. It just didn't work, and why that first covenant had to be replaced. (including the sign of the covenant, the Sabbath, was replaced by Jesus' blood that has cleansed us from our sin and reconciled us to the Father. Jesus has given us true rest.)

14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

This is why the commandments of the New Covenant are these:
1 John 3:23 New King James Version (NKJV)
23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

Love we know is a fruit of the Spirit. So I looked to see if there were specific laws that the fruit prevents us from breaking. And yes, there are.

Thou shalt not kill? Love prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not steal? Self-control prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not commit adultery? Faithfulness prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not covet? Peace and contentment prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not lie? Kindness and goodness prevents that in your new nature. Honor your parents? Longsuffering and gentleness takes care of them for as long as they live. Believing in the name of Jesus Christ? Joy unspeakable!

Whatever you wouldn't want done to yourself, you do to others.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

If this explanation doesn't do it for you, ask me again and I'll add to it if I can.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God only rested on the seventh day of creation week. He did not rest every seventh day of every week. :)

Jesus was not raised from the dead every week.

God said:
Exodus 20
8 “Remember The Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath of the Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.

Your argument is "with the text".

God points to the Genesis 2 details 'alone' to establish the binding nature of the command.

Gen 2
Thus the heavens and the earth were completed, and all their hosts. 2 By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it (made it holy), because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Your argument is "with the text".

The weekly Sabbath is a memorial of the FIRST Sabbath - made by God in Genesis 2 and participated in - by Adam and Eve on the day after they were created. (their second day of life)

Have you eaten Christ’s flesh and drank His blood lately? Because if you haven’t, you are not a Christian.

Exodus 16 "TOMORROW is the Sabbath" -- a literal day.
And those who ignored the word of God -- would be fasting every Saturday since no manna fell.

Yep -- it was literal.

Obviously.

My point is that you interpret God's word based on its literal application

Because "Bible details matter"

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

1. Law written on their hearts - Romans 2
2. Romans 1 - shows that they know the judgment of God is upon them.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.

28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; 32 and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.

=====================

Christ said - "If you were blind you would have no sin... but you say "we see"..."

Christians cannot use pagans that have no access to the Bible as their "high standard for morals and light"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Paul is saying we can be obeying the letter of the law and still be transgressing the righteous requirements of the law,

Ok but Paul specifically says they were not obeying the law. Says it again in Galatians 6.

and we can fulfill the righteous requirements of the law without obeying the letter of the law:
Paul does not say that in Romans 2 - INSTEAD he says this --

25 For indeed circumcision is of value if you practice the Law; but if you are a transgressor of the Law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision. 26 So if the uncircumcised man keeps the requirements of the Law, will not his uncircumcision be regarded as circumcision? 27 And he who is physically uncircumcised, if he keeps the Law, will he not judge you who though having the letter of the Law and circumcision are a transgressor of the Law? 28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. 29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

However it is certainly likely that the pagans and the atheists -- at least of some stripe - do not "know" it is wrong/sin to take God's name in vain - the God of the Christians name in vain.

But how much darkness would you have to appeal to - to get to that level of justification for taking God's name in vain??

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Paul says the world is condemned in Romans 3. Paul says the christian isn't condemned in Romans 8. Lots of difference there.

"Every mouth" closed in Romans 3... the "entire world" accountable to God -- because "ALL have sinned" -- (even Christians as it turns out have sinned.) - and thus as Paul says -- all need a Savior.

That means that the LAW of God - which includes the TEN commandments - judges all - condemns all.

And when the "FEW" of Matt 7 respond to the Gospel they are freed from that condemnation - and as Paul says at the end of that SAME chapter - their faith "ESTABLISHES the LAW" Rom 3:31... as you and I both know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe Jesus died for all men, for the sin of the world. It is the Spirit who draws men to Christ, and convicts them of sin. He is God. So all men know right from wrong, even a Gentile that never had the law. He has been given free will to go with their conscience or against it. Once a person goes against their conscience long enough to deaden it, that is when God turns them over to a reprobate mind. Also remember when Adam and Eve ate of the forbidden fruit, it wasn't the Tree of Knowledge of Evil, but of Good and Evil.
That’s a good observation. There is still some natural good in all of us, sinner and saint alike.
The Ten Commandments were good in that it conveyed the bottom line. However, when you tell someone not to do something, it suddenly is on their mind. Like don't think of a pink bunny. Now what's on your mind? It peaks your interest, but when you think of the pink bunny you feel guilty. It is shame based and you feel wretched. This is why Paul called it the "law of sin and death."
Yep -- the law exposes the shame of sin.
We are weak, but God is strong. When we repent from our sin and accept Christ as our Savior, He gives us the gift of His own righteousness. He gives us the Holy Spirit. Now I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Once forgiven of our past sins, and receive the Holy Spirit, He kills sin in the flesh. We are dead to sin. Now we produce righteousness. John says, whoever practices righteousness, is righteous. We become God's children. Now how do we stay that way? Through the law of the Spirit of life in Christ which has freed me from the law of sin and death. The flesh/cravings cannot please God, but we are NOT in the flesh if the Spirit of Christ is in us. This is why John can say a Christian no longer commits willful sin. Christ has given us His Spirit to empower us.
This is also why Paul said: “What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God — through Jesus Christ our Lord!” -- (Romans 7:24-25).
I've seemed to have caused a ruckus with some by saying that the fruit of the Spirit keeps the laws of God. But it is the Spirit who is the only one worthy to take credit for us producing righteousness. Before Jesus giving us His Spirit, the world had to keep the laws of God in their own weakness. It just didn't work, and why that first covenant had to be replaced. (including the sign of the covenant, the Sabbath, was replaced by Jesus' blood that has cleansed us from our sin and reconciled us to the Father. Jesus has given us true rest.)
Yes, the letter of the law was more about avoiding what is wrong.
But the Spirit of the law is more about being involved in what is right.
Those who are occupied in doing right are too busy to do wrong. :)
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

This is why the commandments of the New Covenant are these:
1 John 3:23 New King James Version (NKJV)
23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

Love we know is a fruit of the Spirit. So I looked to see if there were specific laws that the fruit prevents us from breaking. And yes, there are.

Thou shalt not kill? Love prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not steal? Self-control prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not commit adultery? Faithfulness prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not covet? Peace and contentment prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not lie? Kindness and goodness prevents that in your new nature. Honor your parents? Longsuffering and gentleness takes care of them for as long as they live. Believing in the name of Jesus Christ? Joy unspeakable!

Whatever you wouldn't want done to yourself, you do to others.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

If this explanation doesn't do it for you, ask me again and I'll add to it if I can.
Yes, it did it for me. Thanks.

Love indeed fulfills the law:

Paul is saying there are many people who never knew the letter of the law, but still naturally express the love required by the law. They show that the love required by the law is expressed from the heart. There are even non-believers who are more loving than some of us who are believers. But thank God salvation is not by works of love, but by faith in the ONE who we believe. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.
28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; 32 and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.
You are just copy and pasting scriptures without offering any meaningful explanation.
Christ said - "If you were blind you would have no sin... but you say "we see"..."

Christians cannot use pagans that have no access to the Bible as their "high standard for morals and light"
Is this your answer to my original question? :confused:
Ok but Paul specifically says they were not obeying the law. Says it again in Galatians 6.

Paul does not say that in Romans 2
Actually, Paul did say in Romans 2 that the Gentiles were obeying the requirements of the law from their heats:

“For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature the things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts-- (Romans 2:14-15).

Paul is saying that Gentiles obey the requirements of the law from their hearts, even though they do not have the law.

How?

The answer is simple.

There are two applications of the law:
The old application and the new.
The letter of the law and the love of the Spirit.
The shadow and the reality.
The written code and the righteous requirements.

The old application of the law has now been replaced by the new, and the new reality of God‘s law is the love that is required by the Spirit. This is why Gentiles, who do not have the letter of the law, are able to fulfill the righteous requirements of the law, because love is the fulfillment of the law:

"Love your neighbor as yourself. Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.” -- (Romans 13:9-10).
INSTEAD he says this --

25 For indeed circumcision is of value if you practice the Law; but if you are a transgressor of the Law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision. 26 So if the uncircumcised man keeps the requirements of the Law, will not his uncircumcision be regarded as circumcision? 27 And he who is physically uncircumcised, if he keeps the Law, will he not judge you who though having the letter of the Law and circumcision are a transgressor of the Law? 28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. 29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

However it is certainly likely that the pagans and the atheists -- at least of some stripe - do not "know" it is wrong/sin to take God's name in vain - the God of the Christians name in vain.

But how much darkness would you have to appeal to - to get to that level of justification for taking God's name in vain??
I hope you understood the explanation you just gave, because I certainly didn't. :)

In the verses you just quoted, Paul is saying that uncircumcised Gentiles who obey the righteous requirements of the law (love) will put to shame those who have the letter of the law but do not obey the righteous requirements of the law:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

=====================

You are just copy and pasting scriptures without offering any meaningful explanation.

It is true that instead of "re-typing the text letter by letter" to get it included as the obvious answer to your question - I use ctl-c and ctl-v to copy paste the very same text I would be typing letter-by-letter. (Surely the "process being less labor intensive" to get the answer posted is not your complaint -- is it???)

Obviously yes since BOTH texts explicitly point to gentiles knowing about the LAW of God -
Actually, Paul did say in Romans 2 that the Gentiles were obeying the requirements of the law from their heats:

“For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature the things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts-- (Romans 2:14-15).

Paul is saying that Gentiles obey the requirements of the law from their hearts, even though they do not have the law.

How?

Holy Spirit... New Covenant "I will write my LAW on the heart".

And Romans 2 points this out as already quoted.

Romans 2 - INSTEAD he says this --

The answer is simple. We see them "every Sabbath in the synagogues" both Jews and gentiles in Acts 18:4 - hearing GOSPEL preaching.

I hope you understood the explanation you just gave, because I certainly didn't. :)

I hope you can point to where the confusion could possibly exist.

I the verses you just quoted, Paul is saying that uncircumcised Gentiles who obey the righteous requirements of the law (love) will put to shame those who have the letter of the law but do not obey the righteous requirements of the law:

[/quote]

The answer between these gentiles in Acts 18:4 and the Jews in Acts 18:4 is found in Romans 3.

Romans 3
Then what advantage has the Jew? Or what is the benefit of circumcision? 2 Great in every respect. First of all, that they were entrusted with the oracles of God.

Paul accounts the JEWS with having the scriptures , the Word of God, the Commandments of God - the written text given to them as the nation-church-evangelists charged with world wide evangelism to the gentiles.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

speaking of the JEWs of Romans 2 and Gal 6

BobRyan said:

Gal 6
13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh. (KJV)

13 For not even those who are circumcised keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may boast in your flesh. (NKJv)

Romans 2
3 Do you really think—anyone of you who judges those who do such things yet do the same—that you will escape God’s judgment?

21 you then, who teach another, don’t you teach yourself? You who preach, “You must not steal”—do you steal? 22 You who say, “You must not commit adultery”—do you commit adultery? You who detest idols, do you rob their temples? 23 You who boast in the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law? 24 For, as it is written: The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you.

Obviously Paul was claiming that the Jews were in rebellion against the LAW of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
What are you saying there? are you claiming you are intending to contradict scripture???

No, but that I follow scripture, and try not to react to baiting. Like your agreeing with Jeff's mean post on my birthday that "even if a spirit or an apparition or an angel of light told you this." You can't be blind to what he is implying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0