Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
No one keeps the ten commandments. God intended no one could. Isaiah laments this in 63.

As I wrote earlier, keeping God's eternal laws are accomplished through the fruit of the Spirit. So whether or not there are laws, the Spirit doesn't break them.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. Against such there is no law

Thou shalt not kill? Love prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not steal? Self-control prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not commit adultery? Faithfulness prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not covet? Peace and contentment prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not lie? Kindness and goodness prevents that in your new nature. Honor your parents? Longsuffering and gentleness takes care of them for as long as they live. Believing in the name of Jesus Christ? Joy unspeakable!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
This isn't response or answer to the question. You cn't show that anyone of your so called pro-Sunday scholars keep the 7th day say sabbath.

Right. In fact, those listed I would never go to for scriptural truth. Every one of them are Cessationists, so they don't believe the entire word of God. When unbelief is found, it spreads like a virus.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Wouldn't that be a violation of Scripture to kill? God commanded killing.

Of course, I was just questioning BobR if killing someone was in his nature, that he couldn't stop himself?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What pro-Sunday scholars are preaching the 7th day sabbath, or keep it?

What pro-Sunday scholars preach that all TEN of the TEN commandments are included in the moral law of God written on the heart??

The Baptist Confession of Faith,
the Westminster Confession of Faith ,
D.L. Moody,
R.C Sproul,
Matthew Henry,
Thomas Watson
Eastern Orthodox Catechism
The Catholic Catechism.

What Bible texts do the same?

=============================

KEEP the Commandments - God's Ten Commandments are included as the "Commandments of God"

10 Commandments are –
“Commandments of God” Neh 10:29
“Law of God” Neh 10:29
“Word of God” Mark 7:13
“Commandment of God” Mark 7:6-13
NT “Scripture” James 2:8
NT “Law” – James 2:9-11
NT Commandments Eph 6:2, Rom 13:9, Romans 7:7-10

1John 2:
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

John says -
Rev 22:
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.(KJV)

Christ said

Mark 7

7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Exodus 20
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

John 14
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

1 John 5
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Rev 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

1 Cor 7:19 .. "what matters is keeping the Commandments of God"

=====================================================

Bottom line.. "Bible details matter" - even your own pro-Sunday scholars admit this about the TEN Commandments being included in the moral law of God

So ultimately, you are obsessed with the Sabbath day because you believe that salvation is obtained by sinless...

The pro-Sunday groups listed are not SDA -- did this detail escape you??

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
What pro-Sunday scholars preach that all TEN of the TEN commandments are included in the moral law of God written on the heart??

D.L. Moody,
R.C Sproul,
Matthew Henry,
Thomas Watson
The Catholic Catechism.

KEEP the Commandments - God's Ten Commandments are included as the "Commandments of God"

10 Commandments are –

1John 2:
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

John says -
Rev 22:
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.(KJV)

Christ said

Mark 7

7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Exodus 20
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

John 14

1 John 5
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Bottom line.. "Bible details matter" - even your own pro-Sunday scholars admit this about the TEN Commandments being included in the moral law of God

The pro-Sunday groups listed are not SDA -- did this detail escape you??

Yes, they all believe that Sunday is the Sabbath. So something is wrong in their thinking. What you and they have in common is believing we are under the law instead of the Spirit.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sunday is the Lord's day. Saturns-day is the Sabbath.

As the OP post points out - the 7th day is the Sabbath of the LORD... "The holy day of the LORD" Isaiah 58:13.

No text says "week day 1 is the Lord's Day"
no text says "Sunday is the Lord's Day"

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

D.L. Moody,
R.C Sproul,
Matthew Henry,
Thomas Watson
The Catholic Catechism.

10 Commandments are –

1John 2:

John says -
Rev 22:

Christ said

Mark 7

Exodus 20

John 14

1 John 5

Yes, they all believe that Sunday is the Sabbath. So something is wrong in their thinking.

Indeed they teach a great many things -- but in some cases they get the bible details right - and so we can freely admit to it - specifically in this case where it is soo incredibly obvious that BOTH sides freely admit that Bible detail. because when BOTH sides see it "well it just does not GET any easier than this" and there is no sense at all in getting "stuck on the easy part".

Just stating the obvious.

What you and they have in common is believing we are under the law instead of the Spirit.

Totally false. A mere false accusation.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
As I wrote earlier, keeping God's eternal laws are accomplished through the fruit of the Spirit.
Sorry,
as posted several times already,
when you contradict Scripture(the BIBLE), it is wrong,
even if a spirit or an apparition or an angel of light told you this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Indeed the Sabbath was made for Man, but not made for God.

"The seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD (YHWH) thy GOD" Exodus 20:8-11
"The Sabbath.. the Holy day of the LORD (YHWH)" Isaiah 58:13.

"From Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL MANKIND come before Me to worship" Isaiah 66:23

I will be sticking with the Bible on this one.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sorry,
when you contradict Scripture, the BIBLE, it is wrong,

Galatians 1:6-9 comes to mind just then

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry,
when you contradict Scripture, the BIBLE, it is wrong,

No just scripture.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Of course, I was just questioning BobR if killing someone was in his nature, that he couldn't stop himself?

Are you doubting the Romans 3 statement about the sinful nature ??

Is that what this is about?

Romans 3
9 What then? Are we better than they? Not at all; for we have already charged that both Jews and Greeks are all under sin; 10 as it is written,

“There is none righteous, not even one;
11 There is none who understands,
There is none who seeks for God;
12 All have turned aside, together they have become useless;
There is none who does good,
There is not even one.”
13 “Their throat is an open grave,
With their tongues they keep deceiving,”
“The poison of asps is under their lips”;
14 “Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness”;
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood,
16 Destruction and misery are in their paths,
17 And the path of peace they have not known.”
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

19 Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God;

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

D.L. Moody,
R.C Sproul,
Matthew Henry,
Thomas Watson
The Catholic Catechism.

10 Commandments are –

1John 2:

John says -
Rev 22:

Christ said

Mark 7

Exodus 20

John 14

1 John 5

Indeed they teach a great many things -- but in some cases they get the bible details right - and so we can freely admit to it - specifically in this case where it is soo incredibly obvious that BOTH sides freely admit that Bible detail. because when BOTH sides see it "well it just does not GET any easier than this" and there is no sense at all in getting "stuck on the easy part".

Just stating the obvious.

Totally false. A mere false accusation.

You honestly want to tell me you are not under the Ten Commandments? I must be in the Twilight Zone.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry,
when you contradict Scripture(the BIBLE), it is wrong,

What is the fruit of the Spirit for in your determination?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You honestly want to tell me you are not under the Ten Commandments? I must be in the Twilight Zone.

you seem to be "just quoting you" with your "You honestly want to tell me you are not under the Ten Commandments?" --

Why do that??

Paul uses the term "Under the Law" to mean "Under the condemnation of the LAW" in Romans 3:19-20. This is irrefutable.

But in the modern context today - If you are asking me if I am "under the condemnation of the Ten Commandments" that is very different from "are you under the Ten Commandments"

I am guessing we both know that.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
you seem to be "just quoting you" with your "You honestly want to tell me you are not under the Ten Commandments?" --

Why do that??

Paul uses the term "Under the Law" to mean "Under the condemnation of the LAW" in Romans 3:19-20. This is irrefutable.

But in the modern context today - If you are asking me if I am "under the condemnation of the Ten Commandments" that is very different from "are you under the Ten Commandments"

You are not the official rule maker on posting, Bob, so please quit disrespecting me that my opinions are worthless.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

Why do that??

So if we are not under the condemnation of the Ten Commandments then we can break them with no condemnation. Sweet!

Upvote 0