are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
by contrast we have --
To whom is Isaiah 58:13 written to? Is it because you read the word "you" on the text that it includes everyone?

What does Mark 2:28 really say? Are you trying to say people here don't believe Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath?

Who is Jesus talking to in Mark 2:27? What does Exodus 31:13, 17 say about the sabbath? Do either of those verses say the sabbath is for all mankind? Wouldn't Jesus be contradicting Moses and Scripture to say the sabbath was given to ll mankind?

What does Deuteronomy 5:15 say about why Israel is to keep the Sabbath?

therefore the Lord thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

Were any of us delivered out of Egypt? Are Christians part of Israel? Even if they were Romans 7:6 says those are delivered from the law. That ties right into Jeremiah 31:31-33. The passage says "new" meaning different. The passages says "not according to" referencing contents, not place.

I ask you the same question about Isaiah 66:23 you've been asked before; where does that verse say anything bout what happens on the Sabbath? Don't you read the activities of verse 24? Do you claim these activities don't happen during the period spoken about in verse 23?

Jeremiah can't be saying the covenant given to Israel (Deuteronomy 4:13) is going to be written on anyone's heart. You also can't obligate non Israeli to that covenant because no one else is obligated to it. The non Israeli Christian isn't part of Israel. The contention they become part of Israel can't b established with Scripture. So if what you say is true the non Israeli can't have a relationship with God unless they become a Jew outwardly as Exodus 12:48 requires of anyone who observes the rites given to Israel. No one else incurs obligation to those rites or laws.

Exodus 20 incurs no obligation to anyone else but Israel. The ten commandments were given only to Israel. Proof of this is the 4th commandment. Exodus 31 says the sabbath is a sign to Israel about their covenant with God written on stone tablets.

Where in Genesis 2 does God bless the Sabbath? I only find God blessed the 7th day. Where in Genesis is Adam required to observe this day? Where does it say Abraham observed this day? Moses says no one before Israel was required to do this and didn't have the ten commandments in Deuteronomy 5.
A contrast that is apparent to the reader.
What contrast are you talking about?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Amazing! the mere quote of the text did that?
What do you intend for the reader to understand with your list of partial verse quotes?
Not in the quotes you respond to -

In fact --- no, he says the old covenant was temporary - the New Covenant has the same LAW written on the heart --- as Jeremiah 31 and Hebrews 8 point out.
Any casual reader looking for the truth will easily understand differently.
Thus it is "still" a sin to "take God's name in vain" Exodus 20:7.
Who is changing what sin is? Was it a sin before the ten commandments were given? Your point is mute because sin is the reason the law was given (Galatians 3:19).

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"Sin IS transgression of the Law" 1 John 3:4
"the wages of SIN is death" Romans 6:23
"these things I write to you that you sin NOT" 1 John 2:1
"what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God" 1 Cor 7:19
"the saints KEEP the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus" Rev 14:12

the old covenant was temporary (it is removed "when FAITH comes" Gal 3)- the New Covenant has the same LAW written on the heart --- as Jeremiah 31 and Hebrews 8 point out.

Obviously.

What do you intend for the reader to understand with your list of partial verse quotes? .

That I do not have the time to quote the entire Bible on each post

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
To whom is Isaiah 58:13 written to?

Same as the "NEW Covenant" of Jeremiah 31:31-33 "To the House of Israel and the house of Judah... I will write My LAWs on their heart and mind" -- quoted verbatim in Hebrews 8:6-10... unchanged.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

the old covenant was temporary - the New Covenant has the same LAW written on the heart --- as Jeremiah 31 and Hebrews 8 point out.

Obviously.

That I do not have the time to quote the entire Bible on each post

As always your main focus is on law, rather than on what Jesus did for us. He gave us power to not sin, so we are free from the law we are not breaking.

4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

You are like those so focused on Satan, they are constantly binding him, and seeing him under every rock! I don't think of Satan because I've resisted him for so long, he seems to have given up.

Your obsession is with sin, and thus preach the law every chance you get. I don't have an obsession with sin, because God freed me on February 9, 1977 at 8 pm. I preach the power of God in the blood of His Son, Jesus Christ.

I've already posted all the scriptures (that you don't understand)

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

As always your main focus is on law, rather than on what Jesus did for us.

as always your response to scripture is as IF the Word of God "is against Jesus" or "as if" I wrote scripture that you respond negatively to.

Why keep doing that?

He gave us power to not sin

And sin IS "Transgression of the LAW"

The same LAW that in Romans 3:19-20 condemns the entire world as sinners.

Romans 3 says "UNDER the LAW" is a phrase about being condemned by the LAW and in need of the Gospel.

But now having the Gospel - and freed from that condemnation "we are free from the law we are not breaking." - is like saying "freed from getting tickets by not breaking the speed limit" -- which is nothing at all like "freed from getting speeding tickets by speeding whenever I wish".

the old covenant was temporary (it is removed "when faith comes" Gal 3) - the New Covenant has the same LAW written on the heart --- as Jeremiah 31 and Hebrews 8 point out.

The Old Covenant (obey and live) is the way ALL mankind is lost - even today ... for "ALL have sinned" Romans 3.

The New Covenant not only provides for the LAW written on the heart - but also for forgiveness of sins.

Obviously.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Same as the "NEW Covenant" of Jeremiah 31:31-33 "To the House of Israel and the house of Judah... I will write My LAWs on their heart and mind" -- quoted verbatim in Hebrews 8:6-10... unchanged.
Then no gentiles are covered and can't be redeemed. Fortunately for the gentiles Acts disagrees with your statement. So do the Gospels.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

as always your response to scripture is as IF the Word of God "is against Jesus" or "as if" I wrote scripture that you respond negatively to.

Why keep doing that?

Romans 3 says "UNDER the LAW" is a phrase about being condemned by the LAW and in need of the Gospel.
It seems to me Paul is being used against himself here.

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

The can't condemns the Christian who walk after the Spirit.
But now having the Gospel - and freed from that condemnation "we are free from the law we are not breaking." - is like saying "freed from getting tickets by not breaking the speed limit" -- which is nothing at all like "freed from getting speeding tickets by speeding whenever I wish".
There's nothing to support this in Scripture. The underlying idea to support this is the Christians is obligated to the law. This isn't true in light of Romans 7:6 quoted here often. What is being misrepresented is obligation to the law. The only real issues is the 4th commandment.
Since no one keeps the 4th commandment, this is self judgment assigning one's self to eternal punishment.
It sure doesn't appear to keep people from sinning.
What is the faith of Jesus?
the old covenant was temporary (it is removed "when faith comes" Gal 3) - the New Covenant has the same LAW written on the heart --- as Jeremiah 31 and Hebrews 8 point out.
Neither point this out.
The Old Covenant (obey and live) is the way ALL mankind is lost - even today ... for "ALL have sinned" Romans 3.
This isn't a reference to eternal life in Deuteronomy. Besides it makes salvation an earned obligation of God. No one can obligate God. The Bible also says no one keeps the law as pointed out with the reference to Romans 3. The same above quoted statement also makes Romans 6:23 false.
The New Covenant not only provides for the LAW written on the heart - but also for forgiveness of sins.
The NT doesn't provide for the covenant given to Israel at Sinai to be written on the heart. If it did Romans 7:6 is false.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

Why keep doing that?

Obviously.

Do you just cut and paste over and over? Your posts are to sinners, not to those walking in the Spirit who are not under the law. I'm surprised at how many in the church don't understand that with true understanding. There is a tug of war between sinners - law preachers on one side, and abusers of grace on the other side, but the truth of the Word and the Spirit is not even on the ground. And few there are who rise up and find it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you just cut and paste over and over? Your posts are to sinners, not to those walking in the Spirit who are not under the law. I'm surprised at how many in the church don't understand that with true understanding. There is a tug of war between sinners - law preachers on one side, and abusers of grace on the other side, but the truth of the Word and the Spirit is not even on the ground. And few there are who rise up and find it.

You posted that in response to an "all-scripture-all-the-time" post -- and your response only "quotes you". This is the argument that it is not as good to quote scripture - as it is to "quote one's self".

I don't go for that in most of my posts - but here I give you an example in-kind of a no-scripture post.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Will you treat "every post of scripture" that way? Is that "the solution"???

As I said, your cut and paste scriptures are TO SINNERS. They are not to those who do not willfully sin, who follow after the Spirit. I see you still do not read my posts.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Why keep doing that?

Obviously.
Hello Bob.

I liked your post.

Though this post of yours needs to be corrected somewhat.

The Old Covenant was between God and the nation of Israel, not with all mankind, even though all mankind has sinned.

The ten commandments belong in the Old Covenant, after all Bob, the ten commandments were placed in the Ark of the Old Covenant. The fact that the ten commandments were written on broken stone tablets, signifies that they could never be obeyed by Israel. Not even God's chosen leader, Moses escaped unscathed while delivering these ten commandments.

In the flesh there was only ever one good person who in the flesh, would fully obey the ten commandments. That person is the person that we preach, we cannot in the flesh even dare to attempt to obey the ten words of the Old Covenant.

The law condemns, all who tarry with the law are condemned, your flesh is corrupt and cannot be trained to obey the law.

The ten commandments are broken and cannot be repaired, it is done.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

As always your main focus is on law, rather than on what Jesus did for us.

Why keep doing that?

He gave us power to not sin

Obviously.

Hello Bob.
I liked your post.
Though this post of yours needs to be corrected somewhat.

Thanks David -- I always enjoy correction and improvement.

But I will still keep track "of the details" as we see in the texts above - because each point made is very significant.

The Old Covenant was between God and the nation of Israel,

The Covenant with Adam, with Noah, with Abraham and at Sinai are used as types of the Gospel.

The OLD Covenant is (as Galatians 3 points out) - "OBEY and LIVE" -- it is first made with Adam in his sinless state. In that condition the covenant sustained life - he was after all sinless. And the "wages of sin is death". Obedience was the path of life... rebellion the path of death.

That is mankind -- before sin, in perfect unity with His maker.

This is not going to get very far if we cannot first agree on "the basics" -- the "obvious".

What is more the NEW covenant of Jer 31:31-33 and Heb 8:6-10 promises the gospel benefit of adoption, of a new heart, of forgiveness of sin.

Gal 1:6-9 reminds us that there has ever been - only ONE Gospel and that the Gospel was "preached to Abraham" Gal 3:7-8. This is irrefutable Bible fact.

ALL the WORLD - ALL mankind according to Romans 3:19-20 is condemned "under the LAW" (Not 'just the Jews') -- under the model "OBEY and LIVE" -- Gal 3 also points out the same thing.

Romans 3 "ALL have sinned" -- not "Just the Jews".

This is the basics of the Gospel.

All mankind as sinners... and condemned as such - by "the LAW".
all mankind offered the Gospel - forgiveness of sins, a new heart. adoption.

That is the Old Covenant as we see the conditions of Genesis 2, 3, and Romans 3 and Galatians 3.

And that is the New Covenant as we see the Gospel in Jer 31:31-33, Hebrews 8:6-10, Gal 1:6-9, Hebrews 4:1-2

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
As I said, your cut and paste scriptures are TO SINNERS. They are not to those who do not willfully sin, who follow after the Spirit. I see you still do not read my posts.
Jesus meditated on TORAH, and taught His disciples to meditate on TORAH all the time, every day, all through life, day and night, in season and out of season.

You seem to be avoiding not just TORAH, but all of YHWH'S WORD, which JESUS said is LIFE... (in many, many times and ways).

• Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's nice to see others who understand what is said.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You still don't get what's going on. Anyone who doesn't keep the sabbath doesn't have salvation leaving them an unforgiven sinner. The SDA church teaches this.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Why keep doing that?
Because the covenant given to Israel isn't the covenant Christians are under.

Upvote 0