Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Hold the phone Lady. There is a marked difference between loving our Adventist brothers and sisters and loving their doctrines. I rubbed elbows with SDAs for forty years.. I love them dearly. They are some of the most faithful people on Earth. I would and have trusted them with my life. Spiritually wise they are completely off base and as David writes are very accusing of other Christians too the point of the following: It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord. God says: "Them that honor Me I will honor." {6T 356.4}
But if we turn aside from the fourth commandment, so positively given by God, to adopt the inventions of Satan, voiced and acted by men under his control, we cannot be saved. We cannot with safety receive his traditions and subtleties as truth. {RH, July 6, 1897 par. 4} Both from the "inspired" writings of Ellen White.

The one who wrote that is their prophet and the prophet is revered. Some of them revere her so much they believe her writings should be included in cannon.

We have already concluded that observing old covenant rituals was not for Israel's salvation, yet that woman, supposedly God's mouthpiece, couldn't figure that out. Her lies are being found out by the members and the sheep are leaving quietly, or even if they stay because of bond thy have with each other they do so in unbelief.

Well, as you know, I left the SDA church when I was 23 after a debate with a loving Church of Christ worship leader who took me through the Bible on the law vs. grace. It took till 4 o'clock in the morning, but finally "a light went on" and I got it!

I could name you countless pastors who preach error every Sunday. EGW was not in the Spirit every day, but she was a good woman. She was convinced of her beliefs that the Ten Commandments were for the church, as hundreds of denominations teach, and tried to warn people against what she believed were false traditions from the Roman Catholic Church, the first, namely, changing the Sabbath to Sunday. Those denominations who call Sunday, the Sabbath, and worship on Sunday because of the 4th commandment, are worshiping on that day for the wrong reasons and in error.

If the Sabbath commandment was still in our New Covenant, which is now not once a week, but everyday trusting God and believing in His Son, Jesus Christ, then we should all be worshiping on Saturday. There is no getting around what is written plainly. Saturday is the Sabbath, not Sunday. However, because of Jesus and His resurrection on Sunday, Christians under our New Covenant celebrate His resurrection and the reason for our own hope of resurrection on Sunday. Not out of law, but from our hearts.

The Sabbath was the sign of the Old Covenant, the Ten Commandments (Exodus 34:28, and Exodus 31:13). The sign of our New Covenant, based on the blood of Jesus Christ is the Cup of the New Covenant (1 Corinthians 11:25).

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, as you know, I left the SDA church when I was 23 after a debate with a loving Church of Christ worship leader who took me through the Bible on the law vs. grace. It took till 4 o'clock in the morning, but finally "a light went on" and I got it!
Praise the Lord

I could name you countless pastors who preach error every Sunday. EGW was not in the Spirit every day, but she was a good woman.
Ellen was a god woman in what way. Are you saying that to be nice or do you have facts? Have you read her writings?
She was convinced of her beliefs that the Ten Commandments were for the church, as hundreds of denominations teach, and tried to warn people against what she believed were false traditions from the Roman Catholic Church, the first, namely, changing the Sabbath to Sunday. Those denominations who call Sunday, the Sabbath, and worship on Sunday because of the 4th commandment, are worshiping on that day for the wrong reasons and in error.
Ellen was parroting the common beliefs about Catholicism during that era. She plagiarized the writings of many other writers. Then she said nothing I write are her own. It supposedly came from her angel. There was very little truth in her. Her husband James as well as others used her a a pawn. She could cook up a vision faster that you could boil eggs. Sure the churches were wrong about Sunday being the Christian Sabbath. No one took the time to study the truth or if they even did they were afraid to speak the real truth. They are wrong about the 10 commandments being our guide.

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, Bob S, I am in Murfreesboro, TN and looked up Union County, TN on googleearth.com Looks like a gorgeous place to live!
Hi Lady, TN is a great place to live. We retired here 20years ago. It was hard leaving friends where we came from, but the desire to live on a beautiful lake and the fact that it is much less expensive here we made the decision. We live in the mountains just south of Kentucky.

After I retired I began thinking about building our retirement home and that is just what I was able to do. The story of how the Lord led me through all of the process is amazing. I had done almost no carpenter work all my life. A lot of good friends led me through all the phases of building. When I need someone to hold the other end of a board it was amazing, someone showed up. Twenty years later the doors still open the walls are still straight, plumbing still works and the lights are still burning.

Your part of the state is beautiful too. It must be nice to be close to Nashville and all the great things that take place there. We enjoy the Grand Ole Opry Opryland is beautiful at Christmas.

Well, we are off topic. You got me started and I love to tell the story.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Lady, TN is a great place to live. We retired here 20years ago. It was hard leaving friends where we came from, but the desire to live on a beautiful lake and the fact that it is much less expensive here we made the decision. We live in the mountains just south of Kentucky.

After I retired I began thinking about building our retirement home and that is just what I was able to do. The story of how the Lord led me through all of the process is amazing. I had done almost no carpenter work all my life. A lot of good friends led me through all the phases of building. When I need someone to hold the other end of a board it was amazing, someone showed up. Twenty years later the doors still open the walls are still straight, plumbing still works and the lights are still burning.

Your part of the state is beautiful too. It must be nice to be close to Nashville and all the great things that take place there. We enjoy the Grand Ole Opry Opryland is beautiful at Christmas.

Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Hello Bob.

How come the SDA folk are so quite if anyone mentions the mark of the beast?

Condemning the world of Christianity is a common practice among many sects. They should not be so timid about telling hundreds of millions of Christians. That they are following the antichrist and have the mark on their foreheads.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Bob.

Condemning the world of Christianity is a common practice among many sects. They should not be so timid about telling hundreds of millions of Christians. That they are following the antichrist and have the mark on their foreheads.

They know better than to do that on this site. It would be against the rules.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Bob.

Hi David, BR has written that SDAs believe that only at the end of time will we be held accountable for not observing Sabbath. I have refuted his thoughts by quoting the visionary on the subject. She wrote the following on the subject:

But if we turn aside from the fourth commandment, so positively given by God, to adopt the inventions of Satan, voiced and acted by men under his control, we cannot be saved. We cannot with safety receive his traditions and subtleties as truth. {RH, July 6, 1897 par. 4}

No one who disregards the fourth commandment, after becoming enlightened in regard to the claims of the Sabbath, can be held guiltless in the sight of God. {RH, July 6, 1897 par. 14}

All will be judged according to the light that has shone upon them. If they have light upon the Sabbath, they cannot be saved in rejecting that light.{HS 234.3}

As persons become convinced from the Scriptures that the claims of the fourth commandment are still binding, the question is often raised, Is it necessary in order to secure salvation that we keep the Sabbath? This is a question of grave importance. If the light has shone from the word of God, if the message has been presented to men, as it was to Pharaoh, and they refuse to heed that message, if they reject the light, they refuse to obey God, and cannot be saved in their disobedience. {RH, January 5, 1886 par. 2}

Lady has a good point the rules on this site prohibit them from telling us their false theories.

The 613 laws, that included the weekly Sabbath, given to Israel to keep were for only them and keeping them was the key to get into the land of Canaan and the laws governing them after getting there. They had nothing to do with their eternal salvation. That covenant agreement with God was to secure a home for the chosen people.

The plan of Salvation has never changed. Abraham was saved by it and any from the beginning of man, after sin entered, are saved in the same manner. Moses didn't include many tidbits from His writings, but we can glean from other parts of scripture much on the subject. Man is not saved in groups. One person cannot drag another to hell. We each have the opportunity to accept the plan of salvation. That is another reason it is preposterous to believe all of Israel could have been saved as a group by Torah observance. Observing Sabbath or any of the laws given to Israel had nothing to do with securing Salvation.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That was not an argument - David asked a question I answered it.

When a Bible detail is so incredibly obvious that both sides of the Saturday-vs-Sunday debate admit to it... well there is no sense in "debating the obvious"

In this case that "Bible detail" is that the TEN Commandments - remain - as included in the moral law of God.
I ask yo a direct question. If a persons doesn't murder are they required to keep the sabbath? Your response leaves me hanging with an avoidance dodge answer.

What I really want to know is if a person doesn't murder are they keeping the law. If so does that mean a non Christian is keeping the law?

Last edited:
Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I ask yo a direct question. If a persons doesn't murder are they required to keep the sabbath?

As even the "Baptist Confession of Faith" section 19, and the "Westminster Confession of Faith" section 19 admit - the Bible says all TEN of the TEN commandments remain for the Christians... just as we see in Eph 6:2 where that "unit of Ten" having the 5th commandment as "the First commandment with a promise" - remains.

No wonder for all eternity - all mankind comes before God to worship "from Sabbath to Sabbath" Isaiah 66:23

You can I have had that exchange a few dozen times at this point - agreed?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello Bob.

Quiet????

you googled "mark of the beast" and did not find even one SDA site on the first page of the results?

really??

Or are you asking Bob S who says he is not SDA - because you want the non-SDA POV? Don't you already have that POV as a non-SDA youself?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi David, BR has written that SDAs believe that only at the end of time will we be held accountable for not observing Sabbath. I have refuted his thoughts by quoting the visionary on the subject. She wrote the following on the subject: .
j

You were already refuted on that speculation from the same source you quoted.

I think that was the "easy part".

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello Bob.
Quiet????
Yes very quite, I was not referring to the internet sites (SDA), I was referring to you and your friends.
you googled "mark of the beast" and did not find even one SDA site on the first page of the results?
Not a site that correctly reads the scripture.
Most certainly.
Or are you asking Bob S who says he is not SDA - because you want the non-SDA POV? Don't you already have that POV as a non-SDA youself?
I was asking you Bob R, though apparently it is against the forum rules. This I did not know so I will not ask you again about the mark of the beast.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello Bob.

Yes very quite, I was not referring to the internet sites (SDA), I was referring to you and your friends.

How is it I am quiet??? Do you have some thread in some area of the board discussing prophecy -- where you ask me about the mark of the beast? If so you could always IM me about it -- as we both know.

Not a site that correctly reads the scripture.

You are free to dismiss all the SDA sites then claim that SDAs are quiet about whatever topic you choose. Such tactics are open to you... you have free will.

I was asking you Bob R, though apparently it is against the forum rules. This I did not know so I will not ask you again about the mark of the beast.

The "other way" to do it - is to start a thread in some area of the board that is specifically for prophecy - then IM me for whatever the topic or thread is.

I think we all agree to this.

And of course - prophecy and the mark of the beast is not the topic of this thread - rather on this thread we are discussing God's Ex 20:8-11 statement reminding us that the "seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD (YHWH) thy God"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
They know better than to do that on this site. It would be against the rules.

On topic discussion welcomed.

We all already know how to go to the prophecy section of this board to discuss Rev 13 and the mark of the beast.

This thread is about the Exodus 20 fact that the SEVENTH day is the Sabbath of the LORD Thy God.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
On topic discussion welcomed.

We all already know how to go to the prophecy section of this board to discuss Rev 13 and the mark of the beast.

This thread is about the Exodus 20 fact that the SEVENTH day is the Sabbath of the LORD Thy God.

No one questions that.

BTW, I was just trying to unruffled feathers, nothing against your beliefs on the mark of the beast.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No one questions that.

BTW, I was just trying to unruffled feathers, nothing against your beliefs on the mark of the beast.

No offense taken. Ever been to Madison Campus church outside of Nashville?

Upvote 0