Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The seven feasts of The Lord are explained in Leviticus 23:1-44. Vs 1: " The Lord spake unto Moses saying, speak unto the children of Israel ,and say to them, concerning the feasts of The Lord , which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations even these are my feasts". Vs 4: " these are the feasts of The Lord, even holy convocations , which ye shall proclaim in their seasons". They all represent Gods appointed times for Gods holy purposes. All seven feasts have a historical , agricultural and prophetic significance . They are listed : 1) Passover 2) feasts of unleavened bread 3) first fruits 4) Pentecost 5) feasts of trumpets6) day of atonement 7) feast if tabernacles .

The spring feasts were fulfilled in Christ in the past with perfect fulfillment . In other words, they were fulfilled on the exact day of each past historical event. Passover: lev 23:5. Christ was crucified on this feast day. Just as the lambs were sacrificed, Christ was our ultimate true lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world( John 1:29). Christ was our Passover . He was sacrificed for us. 1 cor5:7 " For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us".

The feast of unleavened bread- lev 23:8 ,Christ was buried on this feast day. Leaven represents sin in the bible . ( math 16:6, mark 8:15) unleavened bread was used on this feast day which represents no sin. He was without spot , Heb 9:14" how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal spirit offered himself without spot to God...". His body would not experience any physical corruption while in the grave. ( acts 2:27)

First fruits- Christ rose from the dead on this feast day. 1 cor 15:20- " But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept". Christ was the 1st fruits if the barley harvest. Lev 23:10. When God accepted the first fruits( Christ) it was a guarantee that the rest if the crop would be harvested . Jesus was the 1st to be resurrected from the grave , never to due again. 1 cor 15:23" But every man in his own order : Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming."

Pentecost -.lev 23:15-22. Seven weeks are 49 days. One day after is 50 days. It falls 50 days after first fruits; Christ's reserection . The exact fulfillment happened in Acts 2,when the Holy Spirit came down and 3000 were saved and the church was born
Pentecost is also known as feast of weeks or Shavuot . Two loaves of bread made of fine flour were brought to the temple and presented as a wave offering to The Lord . They were baked with leaven . This is the only feast in which leaven was used. All the rest used unleavened bread. The leaven as mentioned before represents sin in the bible ( a bread made with yeast) . All people have sinned. The yeast puffs up like the sin of pride .

Many bible scholars believe that the feast of Pentecost has been completely fulfilled with the birth of the church, however, I personally believe there is more to come. The book of Ruth is traditionally read on Pentecost . Ruth is a gentile bride, a picture of the church; Boez, the kinsmen redeemer is a type or picture of Christ. The loaves represent the church. Pentecost is also a harvest feast. Also, the law was given in exodus 19. Moses went up the mountain and the trump of God sounded. This happened in the same month as Pentecost where in acts 2:2 " and there came a sound from heaven as a rushing and mighty wind".

Could this be a harvest feast in which the rapture will take place? 1 thes 4: 16-18." For The Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout , with the voice of the archangel ,and the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise 1st. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet The Lord in the air and so shall we be with The Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words". I believe that the rapture will happen when the fullness of the Gentiles come in. Rom 11:25. This is when God will call the last person on earth to be saved for the completion of the church age. This could happen on a feast day, however we as Christians must remember that the appointed times are on Gods calendar . However, we are not to be taken off guard. Gen 1:14" and God said, Let there be light in the firmament if the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years." We will not know the exact day or hour , however it is important for us to know the seasons and signs of his return that God is giving us, so that we will not walk in the dark. 1 thes 5:4" but ye brethren are not in darkness that the day should overtake you as a thief".

It is in my opinion that the future fall feasts could have multiple fulfillment a not just in one set year. We are not setting dates, because we can know the season, not the exact day hour or year. Matt 24:44 states " therefore, be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not, the son of man cometh".

We need to proclaim the feasts as Christians for our learning and understanding of prophetic things. Each feast has a prophetic role.Col 2:16-17" let no man therefore judge you in meat or drink or in respect of a holy day or new moon, or the sabbath days: which are a shadow of things to come". Therefore each fall feasts have a future prophetic fulfillment . They are listed : feasts of trumpets, day of atonement and feasts of tabernacles .

The first fall feasts is trumpets . Also known as Rosh Hoshana, the Jewish new year. It is also known as yom teruah lev 23:24 . It is a memorial blowing of trumpets ; a holy convocation. A shofar or a rams horn is used. The shofar is associated with Abrahams offering of Isaac on Mt. Moriah (gen 22)

The feasts of trumpets , like the other Fall feasts could have multiple fulfillments , all in different years. Some possible meanings and future fulfillments according to the bible and tradition are listed: 1) calling of assembly 2) day of judgement 3) the opening of the books 4) Jacobs trouble and 5) the 2nd coming of Christ. ( in my opinion, this feast does not occur on the rapture). Math 24:27" for as the lightning cometh out of the east , and shineth unto the west; so shall the coming of the sin if man be". Therefore, I believe the feasts of trumpets does not speak of a rapture , but it speaks of the 2nd coming of Christ back to the earth. Math 24:31" and he shall send his angels and they shall gather His elect from the 4 winds from one end of heaven to the other..."

Remember , the rapture is for Christians. It is not for unbelieving Jews or Gentiles . It is my opinion that the rapture will happen before the tribulation . Look at 1 cor 15:51-52" behold , I shew you a mystery; we shall not all sleep , but we shall all be changed , Un the moment in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound and the dead shall be raised incorruptible ,and we shall be changed. ".

The 'last trumpet 'phrase is only mentioned in the bible once and it is in 1 cor 15:51-52.. Sometimes people put the trumpet of rev 11:15 and Math 24:31 and compare those events to the last trump in 1cor 15:51-52to say that these trumpets are all mentioning the same event. I disagree with this theory.

The last trump in my opinion is at the end of the church age , not the end of the tribulation . When God calls The last person to be saved on earth, then the rapture happens and Daniels 70th week starts. That is the time of the tribulation . Therefore, the gathering of the elect in Matt 24 at the end of the trib is different then the rapture that happens at the beginning of the tribulation .

There are many passages in the Old Testament and the New Testament that mention trumpets and the symbols and various uses. They can stand for different times and events.

The next feast on Gods prophetic calendar is the day of atonement . It is mentioned in lev 23:27. The high priest would make an atonement for the people's sins, for the holy sanuary and an atonement of the alter . The word atonement means to cover. Psalm 103:12" as far as the east is from the west, so far hath He removed our transgression from us". Rom 3:25" whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith is His blood to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past-through the forbearance of God" Christ blood makes an atonement for us! Heb 10:4 " it is not possible that the blood of bulls or goats take away sins". They only cover the sins that Christ can forever remove .

In history, the day of atonement happened when Moses received the Torah then 40 days later Moses came down from the mountain and found the people in idolatry with the golden calf. He went up again the mountain to make an atonement with God for the people . Look at Exo 32 ::30-32

For future fulfillment , I believe Jesus will atone for a new believing Israel that He is the messiah and He will let Israel know that their sins are forgiven. The vail was over Israel , but it will be lifted . Look at 2 cor3:15-16" But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it shall turn to The Lord , the vail shall be taken away!

The last feast is the feast of tabernacles . In the bible a tabernacle is a temporary dwelling place. Look at Lev 23: 34-36 . The booths Symbolizes the exodus wanderings. Samples of the fall crops are hung in each family's booth to acknowledge that God had provided them a blessing.

The body is also a temporary dwelling place. John 2:19, " Jesus answered them , ' destroy this Temple , and in three days , I will raise it up',". 2 pet 1:14- "knowing that shortly I must put off my tabernacle ,even as our Lord Jesus Christ showed me". Look at Mark 9:5 at the transfiguration " and Peter answered and said to Jesus, master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make 3 tabernacles ; one for thee, and one for Moses and one for Elias".

Water was used by the high priest on the feasts of tabernacles in the temple and the water was poured out on the alter. This ceremony was intended for the people to pray for God to bring rain for there crops. Look at John 7:37-38. " if anyone thirsts , let him come to me to drink. He who believes in Me, as the scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers if living water".

The feast of tabernacles is a picture of the millinial reign of Christ. The nations and people will bow down and worship Him . The silver trumpets in the temple will be blown and Jesus will be there God!

In conclusion on the fall feasts and there fulfillments : trumpets - return of Christ at the 2nd coming when Christ comes back to the earth, not the rapture of the church. Day of atonement - Christ enters the holy of holies to make an atonement . Tabernacles - Christ begins the 1000 year reign in the Temple on the Temple Mount . It speaks of a day in which Christ will tabernacle with His people. 1 cor 2:9-10" as it is written: no eye has seen; no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him. But God has revealed to us by His spirit".

References: holy bible, KJV, mark blitz The feasts of The Lord , Kevin Howard and Marvin Rosenthal ' the feasts of The Lord ".

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It would appear your analogy of the Feast of Tabernacles would be correct...but it's not...and neither does Paul make that point.

The The Feast of Tabernacles was after the latter harvest...so your analogy of that is not correct.

Furthermore you're not accurate to what it represents...you have it backwards. The body is a temporary dwelling, but in Revelation 21:3 God clearly tells us what the Feast of Tabernacles is:

3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them

You need to understand the wilderness tabernacle, as well as the temple, were temporary...until the coming of Christ. Hebrews 9 makes that point.

Furthermore Leviticus 23:39 tells us exactly when the Feast of Tabernacles was to be held:
39 ‘On exactly the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when you have gathered in the crops of the land, you shall celebrate the feast of the Lord for seven days, with a rest on the first day and a rest on the eighth day.

This was the final harvest of the year! After that comes the Feast of Tabernacles on the eighth day.

Why was it on the 8th day? The eighth day represented a new week, which corresponds to God making all things new!!!

I think you should take another look at that because the wilderness tabernacles Israel dwelt in was WITH GOD AMONG THEM...and that is the meaning of the feast is...God made them dwell in booths...but He was right there with them!!!

Now...notice what God say about this in Leviticus 23:44:
43 so that your generations may know that I had the sons of Israel live in booths when I brought them out from the land of Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

We know Egypt is a "type" of the world". So when God brought Israel out of Egypt, it's a picture of coming out of the world.

Let me go a step further...in Zechariah 14:16, we have this picture again, only futurist miss it as an actual Feast of Tabernacles, when all it means is that God's people are dwelling with Him.

Now I know this will be problematic for many futurist...so I won't debate it. We will know how it turns out, if we're born of the Spirit.

Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ebedmelech said:
It would appear your analogy of the Feast of Tabernacles would be correct...but it's not...and neither does Paul make that point.

The The Feast of Tabernacles was after the latter harvest...so your analogy of that is not correct.

Furthermore you're not accurate to what it represents...you have it backwards. The body is a temporary dwelling, but in Revelation 21:3 God clearly tells us what the Feast of Tabernacles is:

3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them

You need to understand the wilderness tabernacle, as well as the temple, were temporary...until the coming of Christ. Hebrews 9 makes that point.

Furthermore Leviticus 23:39 tells us exactly when the Feast of Tabernacles was to be held:
39 'On exactly the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when you have gathered in the crops of the land, you shall celebrate the feast of the Lord for seven days, with a rest on the first day and a rest on the eighth day.

This was the final harvest of the year! After that comes the Feast of Tabernacles on the eighth day.

Why was it on the 8th day? The eighth day represented a new week, which corresponds to God making all things new!!!

I think you should take another look at that because the wilderness tabernacles Israel dwelt in was WITH GOD AMONG THEM...and that is the meaning of the feast is...God made them dwell in booths...but He was right there with them!!!

43 so that your generations may know that I had the sons of Israel live in booths when I brought them out from the land of Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

We know Egypt is a "type" of the world". So when God brought Israel out of Egypt, it's a picture of coming out of the world.

Let me go a step further...in Zechariah 14:16, we have this picture again, only futurist miss it as an actual Feast of Tabernacles, when all it means is that God's people are dwelling with Him.

Now I know this will be problematic for many futurist...so I won't debate it. We will know how it turns out, if we're born of the Spirit.

What I said it correct. Please give me some bible verses that make your point. Example, Paul's writings. I do agree on some of your point, because I didn't elaborate enough in my documentation . For example, god is right three with them! I totally agree. I did mention the exodus ( wandering in the wilderness ) but I didn't mention that God was with His people.

Yes, this is the final harvest before the 1000 year of Christ starts. Look at the scriptures that you mentioned in revelation . I need the actual verse that you mentioned and not to be out of context.

The 8th day is a picture of another sabbath . I do agree with you on that . Remember , that one will be at the end if time after the 1000 years. In my opinion , there will be another feast of tabernacles after satan rebels and is cast into the lake of fire. That will be the start of the 8th day. That is another type in the bible . 1000 years is like a day analogy. I didn't know that you were a believed in dispensationalism ? I do believe that there are ages throughout time ; the last age before time ends is the 1000 year reign of Christ. And then there is no more time but eternity.

There is a lot more to be said on the feast of tabernacles.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What I said it correct. Please give me some bible verses that make your point. Example, Paul's writings. I do agree on some of your point, because I didn't elaborate enough in my documentation . For example, god is right three with them! I totally agree. I did mention the exodus ( wandering in the wilderness ) but I didn't mention that God was with His people.

Yes, this is the final harvest before the 1000 year of Christ starts. Look at the scriptures that you mentioned in revelation . I need the actual verse that you mentioned and not to be out of context.

The 8th day is a picture of another sabbath . I do agree with you on that . Remember , that one will be at the end if time after the 1000 years. In my opinion , there will be another feast of tabernacles after satan rebels and is cast into the lake of fire. That will be the start of the 8th day. That is another type in the bible . 1000 years is like a day analogy. I didn't know that you were a believed in dispensationalism ? I do believe that there are ages throughout time ; the last age before time ends is the 1000 year reign of Christ. And then there is no more time but eternity.

There is a lot more to be said on the feast of tabernacles.
I see where our disagreement is. I hold the 1000 year reign is going on now since it's very clear that Christ has "all authority in heaven and on earth".

I also think the order in which the feast are held tells a lot too...the Feast of Tabernacles was the final feast held after the latter harvest.

That Paul calls our body a tabernacle (earthly tent), I don't hold to be significant when it comes to the Feast of Tabernacles and he doesn't make that connection in the analogy. We have to be careful because we also know also that Jesus came and "tabernacled" among us.

One point at which I made a slight error...the Feast of Tabernacles is a picture. It starts with a rest on the first day (as God rested after creation), and it finishes with a rest on the eighth day, which I believe speaks of God resting from his redemptive plan...after that is eternity.

Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I looked deeper into the feast of tabernacles. It is also called the feast of the in gathering . The time of the harvest. Look at rev 7:9-10. There will be a great harvest of people in heaven clothed in white robes carrying palm branches. I believe this could be a a feast of tabernacles . The are the great multitude that came out of the tribulation and died as a martyrs for their faith .

Also look at deter. 16:15. It explains the feast in more detail . It is a day of great rejoicing ! God will be with His people and it is a great time of blessing ! You are right, everything all about the Messiah.

Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Choose Wisely said:
Well Done BibleTruth. I agree that after the pre trib rapture of the Church, God will turn toward Israel.

Yes, I believe that once the fullness if the Gentiles come in, god's prophetic clock will restart on the nation of Israel . The church age officially started with the birth of the church over 2000 years ago. It will end at the the start of the tribulation at the signing of the peace treaty with the antichrist. Then gods eyes will turn back to the nation of Israel once the church is raptured to heaven. Note: I believe there could be a gap of time between the rapture and the treaty signing.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I do not understand how this is problematic for someone who believes in the Bible. Could you explain?

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I do not understand how this is problematic for someone who believes in the Bible. Could you explain?
That's a valid question...so I should say *some* futurist as all futurist aren't of the literal futurist approach.

So...it depends on how one views the Feasts of the Lord. These are literal feasts that speaks volumes spiritually.

In the NT the Lord's feasts are to be realized in their spiritual application. That would be the point. As Jesus comes into the world TO FULFUILL THE LAW FOR US, He observes every feast...and He speaks to what they mean spiritually.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ebedmelech said:
That's a valid question...so I should say *some* futurist as all futurist aren't of the literal futurist approach.

So...it depends on how one views the Feasts of the Lord. These are literal feasts that speaks volumes spiritually.

In the NT the Lord's feasts are to be realized in their spiritual application. That would be the point. As Jesus comes into the world TO FULFUILL THE LAW FOR US, He observes every feast...and He speaks to what they mean spiritually.

To Ebedmelech : the feasts are historical, agricultural and prophetical . I interpret them from a literal standpoint . If one spiritualizes the feasts and their meanings, they could mean anything the person wants them to mean . I believe that God is telling us through His Word about how prophecy is true! What has happened in the past ( fulfilled perfectly in Christ)so then , the future feasts will also be fulfilled perfectly in Christ!

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
To Ebedmelech : the feasts are historical, agricultural and prophetical . I interpret them from a literal standpoint . If one spiritualizes the feasts and their meanings, they could mean anything the person wants them to mean . I believe that God is telling us through His Word about how prophecy is true! What has happened in the past ( fulfilled perfectly in Christ)so then , the future feasts will also be fulfilled perfectly in Christ!
But you see...you didn't read what I said carefully enough. I said these were literal feast that speak volumes spiritually". That acknowledges both the literal and spiritual significance.

Now...in the OT...these feast were given under the ceremonial law...therefore, in Jesus observing and fulfilling ALL of these feasts...they are no longer required to be observed under the NT. Jesus left us two things to observe under the New Covenant, baptism and the Lod's Supper.

Colossians 2:16, 17 makes it perfectly clear we don't have to observe these feasts:
16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to
*food
*or drink
*or in respect to a festival
*or a new moon
*or a Sabbath day—

17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Those are all things given under ceremonial law that are no longer to be observed BECAUSE CHRIST IS THE SUBSTANCE!!!

So knowing Christ fulfilled all the Feasts, we are to look at what they spoke of spiritually because they are no longer to be observed.

We know the Jews observe them still but they don't receive Christ as messiah, therefore they miss that Christ fulfilled them.

There are Messianic Jew that continue to observe them...but they don't have to...because Christ fulfilled them.

Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ebedmelech said:
But you see...you didn't read what I said carefully enough. I said these were literal feast that speak volumes spiritually". That acknowledges both the literal and spiritual significance.

Now...in the OT...these feast were given under the ceremonial law...therefore, in Jesus observing and fulfilling ALL of these feasts...they are no longer required to be observed under the NT. Jesus left us two things to observe under the New Covenant, baptism and the Lod's Supper.

Colossians 2:16, 17 makes it perfectly clear we don't have to observe these feasts:
16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to
*food
*or drink
*or in respect to a festival
*or a new moon
*or a Sabbath day—
17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Those are all things given under ceremonial law that are no longer to be observed BECAUSE CHRIST IS THE SUBSTANCE!!!

So knowing Christ fulfilled all the Feasts, we are to look at what they spoke of spiritually because they are no longer to be observed.

We know the Jews observe them still but they don't receive Christ as messiah, therefore they miss that Christ fulfilled them.

There are Messianic Jew that continue to observe them...but they don't have to...because Christ fulfilled them.

Yes, we as Christians are not required to maintain the feasts, just as col 2:16-17 says. We are not judged by whether we keep them or not because we are in Christ and He has done it all for us already. Vs 17 says" things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance is Christ". To me, this portrays what Christ will do in the future and it is all in Him!

As for the spiritual side of the feasts, could you please give some scripture verses to back up your point? I am interested in what you come up with. Thanks

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, we as Christians are not required to maintain the feasts, just as col 2:16-17 says. We are not judged by whether we keep them or not because we are in Christ and He has done it all for us already. Vs 17 says" things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance is Christ". To me, this portrays what Christ will do in the future and it is all in Him!
Nothing Christ did is future except His second coming and our ultimate redemption.

Christ being the substance means He is the reality!
As for the spiritual side of the feasts, could you please give some scripture verses to back up your point? I am interested in what you come up with. Thanks

*We see Christ as the Passover and the Feast of unleavened bread - 1:Cor 5:7, 8.

*We see Christ as the Feast of Firtstfruits - 1 Corinthians 15:20-23

*We see Christ as Pentecost - Acts 2 - It is as Pentecost the Holy Spirit came and began to gather believers from all nations in Christ. Pentecost featured the waving of two leavened loaves.

*Christ is the Feast of Trumpets - and He will gather all believers at the last trumpet - 1 Thess 4:15, 16

*Christ is The Day of atonement - Hebrews 9:11, 12

*Christ is the Feast of Tabernacles - As He will dwell with us forever Rev - 21:3

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
*Christ is the Feast of Trumpets - and He will gather all believers at the last trumpet - 1 Thess 4:15, 16

*Christ is the Feast of Tabernacles - As He will dwell with us forever Rev - 21:3

Hi eb, it seems as though those three have future fulfillment. The theory is that at his first coming Jesus fulfilled the spring feasts (in the spring), and at his second coming, Jesus will fulfill the fall feasts (in the fall).

You use the term "will" in two of the three, and the Day of atonement verse in Hebrews 9:12 speaks of our eternal redemption, which the fulfillment of the redemption of our bodies hasn't happened yet.

Not to take away from the spiritual significance of the feasts embodied in Jesus - if that is what you are pointing out.

Doug

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ebedmelech said:
Nothing Christ did is future except His second coming and our ultimate redemption.

Christ being the substance means He is the reality!

*We see Christ as the Passover and the Feast of unleavened bread - 1:Cor 5:7, 8.

*We see Christ as the Feast of Firtstfruits - 1 Corinthians 15:20-23

*We see Christ as Pentecost - Acts 2 - It is as Pentecost the Holy Spirit came and began to gather believers from all nations in Christ. Pentecost featured the waving of two leavened loaves.

Thanks. I see what you are trying to convey here. I do agree with you on the first one. 1 cor 5:7-8 is about moral standards, so yes, in that particular context , it can be spiritual. However , the main context of the feast is literal. Christ died on Passover and was buried on feast of unleavened bread .

In I cor 15:20-23, ( first fruits) it mentions the assurance of the believer and then it leads into the passage on the rapture . I really take entire passage of 1 cor 15:20-58 in a more literal context than spiritual . I do see the spiritual references in this passage though. However, I think in the overall context it is comparing the spiritual body to a natural body , which is in the literal sense. Christ is the first fruits of the 1 st reserection ( literal sense)

Pentecost has been partially fulfilled with the Holy Spirit and the birth of the church. However , I believe that there will be a large harvest of believers that will happen at the rapture. I take this literally .

The next one, I disagree with your timing . Feast of trumpets , in my opinion is not the rapture . It is the second coming of Christ mat 24 for example. I take this one literally .

Yes, I can see the spiritual undertones of this passage . Heb 9:11-reads " But Christ being come as a high priest of good things to one, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle , not made with hands , that is to say, not of this building." in vs 12, I take the next verse literally ," Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place having obtained eternal redemption for us ". Look at Heb chapter 8. It speaks about Christ as our high priest and the new covenant. I do believe that one day Christ himself will walk into a physical temple and atone for the people's sins.

I believe that the feast of tabernacles is literal . Christ was and is and will always be with His people !

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks. I see what you are trying to convey here. I do agree with you on the first one. 1 cor 5:7-8 is about moral standards, so yes, in that particular context , it can be spiritual. However , the main context of the feast is literal. Christ died on Passover and was buried on feast of unleavened bread .
Ok...let's hear John The Baptist at John 1:29:
29 The next day he *saw Jesus coming to him and *said, “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
In I cor 15:20-23, ( first fruits) it mentions the assurance of the believer and then it leads into the passage on the rapture . I really take entire passage of 1 cor 15:20-58 in a more literal context than spiritual . I do see the spiritual references in this passage though. However, I think in the overall context it is comparing the spiritual body to a natural body , which is in the literal sense. Christ is the first fruits of the 1 st reserection ( literal sense)
1 Corinthians is about the assurance of the resurrection! Paul even states the question in verse 12:
12 Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?
That is the fundamental reason for the chapter!

That is what Paul says "but now is Christ risen THE firstfruit of those who are asleep"! Christ being raised, is our assurance that we too will be raised.

Not only that....but he then tells you this is the order of resurrection (not rapture)...notice 1 Cor 15:23, 24:
23But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming,
24 then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.

Pentecost has been partially fulfilled with the Holy Spirit and the birth of the church. However , I believe that there will be a large harvest of believers that will happen at the rapture. I take this literally .
We will simply be in disagreement about the rapture. I hold to only one rapture on the last day. I don't agree with a pre-trib rapture.
The next one, I disagree with your timing . Feast of trumpets , in my opinion is not the rapture . It is the second coming of Christ mat 24 for example. I take this one literally .
It's not about timing though...the Feast of Trumpets was on the 1st day of the seventh month. All of Israel for an offering to God...that's all. It was followed on the 1oth day of the 7th month, by the Day of Atonement...which was follwed by the Feast of Tabernacles, on the 15th day of the 7th month. Those three feasts all speak to our redemption in Christ.
Yes, I can see the spiritual undertones of this passage . Heb 9:11-reads " But Christ being come as a high priest of good things to one, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle , not made with hands , that is to say, not of this building." in vs 12, I take the next verse literally ," Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place having obtained eternal redemption for us ". Look at Heb chapter 8. It speaks about Christ as our high priest and the new covenant. I do believe that one day Christ himself will walk into a physical temple and atone for the people's sins.
Christ is our high priest right now...make the connection in that only once a year the high priest entered the Holy of Holies, that was on the Day of Atonement...:thumbsup:
I believe that the feast of tabernacles is literal . Christ was and is and will always be with His people !
He is not always physically dwelling with His people though...that would be the difference. Christ physically dwelling with us in the new heaven and earth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ebedmelech said:
Ok...let's hear John The Baptist at John 1:29:
29 The next day he *saw Jesus coming to him and *said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

1 Corinthians is about the assurance of the resurrection! Paul even states the question in verse 12:
12 Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?
That is the fundamental reason for the chapter!

That is what Paul says "but now is Christ risen THE firstfruit of those who are asleep"! Christ being raised, is our assurance that we too will be raised.

Not only that....but he then tells you this is the order of resurrection (not rapture)...notice 1 Cor 15:23, 24:
23But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming,
24 then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.

We will simply be in disagreement about the rapture. I hold to only one rapture on the last day. I don't agree with a pre-trib rapture.

It's not about timing though...the Feast of Trumpets was on the 1st day of the seventh month. All of Israel for an offering to God...that's all. It was followed on the 1oth day of the 7th month, by the Day of Atonement...which was follwed by the Feast of Tabernacles, on the 15th day of the 7th month. Those three feasts all speak to our redemption in Christ.

Christ is our high priest right now...make the connection in that only once a year the high priest entered the Holy of Holies, that was on the Day of Atonement...:thumbsup:

He is not always physically dwelling with His people though...that would be the difference. Christ physically dwelling with us in the new heaven and earth.

Correction on my part , Christ is not physically dwelling with us now, but He will be when we rule and Reign with Him for the 1000 years.

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
for ebedmelech

from; Does God want us to keep the Feast days?

Does God want us to keep the Feast days?

Just as we approached the question to keep the Sabbath or not, we will approach the feast days the same way. So, to answer, “Does God want us to keep the feast days?” We need to know a few things about the feast days:

I. How long did God say we should observe these commandments?

II. Does the New Testament support us keeping these commandments?

III. Why did God want us to keep them in the past?

IV. Does the reason of why God wanted us to keep them in the past still apply?

V. Is there any evidence that we will be keeping the Feast days when Christ returns?

I. How long did God say we should observe these commandments?

Exodus 12:14-24
And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever. Seven days shall ye eat unleavened bread; even the first day ye shall put away leaven out of your houses: for whosoever eateth leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day, that soul shall be cut off from Israel. And in the first day there shall be an holy convocation, and in the seventh day there shall be an holy convocation to you; no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every man must eat, that only may be done of you. And ye shall observe the feast of unleavened bread; for in this selfsame day have I brought your armies out of the land of Egypt: therefore shall ye observe this day in your generations by an ordinance for ever. In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at even, ye shall eat unleavened bread, until the one and twentieth day of the month at even. Seven days shall there be no leaven found in your houses: for whosoever eateth that which is leavened, even that soul shall be cut off from the congregation of Israel, whether he be a stranger, or born in the land. Ye shall eat nothing leavened; in all your habitations shall ye eat unleavened bread. Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the passover. And ye shall take a bunch of hyssop, and dip it in the blood that is in the bason, and strike the lintel and the two side posts with the blood that is in the bason; and none of you shall go out at the door of his house until the morning. For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you. And ye shall observe this thing for an ordinance to thee and to thy sons for ever.

Leviticus 16:29
And this shall be a statute for ever unto you: that in the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, ye shall afflict your souls, and do no work at all, whether it be one of your own country, or a stranger that sojourneth among you:

Leviticus 16:31
It shall be a sabbath of rest unto you, and ye shall afflict your souls, by a statute for ever.

Leviticus 23:9-43
And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest: And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it. And ye shall offer that day when ye wave the sheaf an he lamb without blemish of the first year for a burnt offering unto the LORD. And the meat offering thereof shall be two tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil, an offering made by fire unto the LORD for a sweet savour: and the drink offering thereof shall be of wine, the fourth part of an hin. And ye shall eat neither bread, nor parched corn, nor green ears, until the selfsame day that ye have brought an offering unto your God: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings. And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete: Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD. Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals; they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the LORD. And ye shall offer with the bread seven lambs without blemish of the first year, and one young bullock, and two rams: they shall be for a burnt offering unto the LORD, with their meat offering, and their drink offerings, even an offering made by fire, of sweet savour unto the LORD. Then ye shall sacrifice one kid of the goats for a sin offering, and two lambs of the first year for a sacrifice of peace offerings. And the priest shall wave them with the bread of the firstfruits for a wave offering before the LORD, with the two lambs: they shall be holy to the LORD for the priest. And ye shall proclaim on the selfsame day, that it may be an holy convocation unto you: ye shall do no servile work therein: it shall be a statute for ever in all your dwellings throughout your generations. And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not make clean riddance of the corners of thy field when thou reapest, neither shalt thou gather any gleaning of thy harvest: thou shalt leave them unto the poor, and to the stranger: I am the LORD your God
And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation. Ye shall do no servile work therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.
And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD. And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the LORD your God. For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people. And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people. Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings. It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.
And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the feast of tabernacles for seven days unto the LORD. On the first day shall be an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. Seven days ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: on the eighth day shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: it is a solemn assembly; and ye shall do no servile work therein. These are the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon his day: Beside the sabbaths of the LORD, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the LORD. Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath. And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God seven days. And ye shall keep it a feast unto the LORD seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month. Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths: That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

II. Does the New Testament support us keeping these commandments?

a. Jesus kept the feasts [John 2:23; 7:2-10] and he led his life as an example to us. [1 Peter 2:21-23]

b. Jesus’ disciples kept the feasts even after the death and resurrection of Christ.

Acts 18:20-21
When they desired him to tarry longer time with them, he consented not; But bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem:

Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

Acts 20:16
For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.

c. We are instructed from Christ, concerning the Passover, to “do in remembrance of me” [Luke 22:1-19]

Luke 22:1
Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover.

Luke 22:7-19
Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed. And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat. And they said unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare? And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in. And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples? And he shall shew you a large upper room furnished: there make ready. And they went, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover. And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him. And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer: For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come. And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

What was Christ doing? He was eating a Passover supper. The Passover was set up to foreshadow Christ’s sacrifice at the cross. It makes since that we would now do this “in remembrance” of him.

(note: I (zeke37) do not believe Christ and the disciples
were eating the passover supper during the last supper
however that is not the debate, so I will leave that alone)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

1 Corinthians 11:23-26
For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Many have used the phrase, "as often as ye drink it..." for evidence that Jesus was not talking about the Passover, but he was talking about communion. They incorrectly assume that Jesus is giving us freedom to drink this cup "often". When Jesus said, "as often as you do this..." he was NOT saying we could do this often as we like! Remember, what where they doing? They were doing a Passover meal. How often do you do a passover meal? Once a year! He was saying, "Every time you do this....(Every time you do a Passover meal...)". That is, every time you take the PASSOVER cup and the PASSOVER bread, we do it in remembrance. Before, we were commanded by God to do Passover in remembrance of God freeing the Israelites from bondage of slavery. Now we are commanded by Jesus to do the Passover (or at least part of the Passover) in remembrance of Him freeing His people from bondage of sin and death.

Christians actually get the tradition of communion from the Catholic church. And just like the Catholic church incorporated the pagan holidays, such as Easter and Christmas, with their religion, so they did with other pagan rituals such as their Mass/Communion.

d. We are instructed by God, through Paul to keep the feast of unleavened bread.

1 Corinthians 5:6-8
Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

(Go here for the Passover Warning)

God set up the seven festival days to foreshadow Christ’s death, resurrection, his pouring of the Holy Spirit, his second coming, judgment, and His millennium reign. I will not go in much detail about those here. There are many good books on this subject for much detailed study that will really awe you.

IV. Does the reason of why God wanted us to keep them in the past still apply?

Yes and no. For the fall feasts, have not been fulfilled yet, so the original reason still applies. The spring feasts have been fulfilled, so now we are suppose to do them “in remembrance” or their original purpose and fulfillment.

V. Is there any evidence that we will be keeping the Feast days when Christ returns?

Zechariah 14:16-19
And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Isaiah 66:22-23
For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Also read this short page to answer one common reason given for not keeping the feasts.

Upvote 0