The Umbrella
Aug 26, 2003
Vermont
✟9,786.00
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, be gone a couple of days and all kinds of things happen.

To those of you who did so, thank you for defending my name-I'm sure my Mom would appreciate it since I'm named after my great-grandmother.. Whom, much to my surprise is apparently a demon according to Jhessel.

See, my family isn't in to religion so we missed being educated into all of those demons and devils and other strange things you believe in-hence didn't know we didn't know we were devilish namesakes! Dang! Does this give me special powers of any kind, and if so, what?

Upvote 0

Techbot

blah, blah, blah...
Sep 1, 2003
Houston,TX area
✟1,027.00
Faith
Christian
Lillithspeak said:
Well, be gone a couple of days and all kinds of things happen.

To those of you who did so, thank you for defending my name-I'm sure my Mom would appreciate it since I'm named after my great-grandmother.. Whom, much to my surprise is apparently a demon according to Jhessel.

See, my family isn't in to religion so we missed being educated into all of those demons and devils and other strange things you believe in-hence didn't know we didn't know we were devilish namesakes! Dang! Does this give me special powers of any kind, and if so, what?
Apparently you have the power to shake jhessel up ;)

Upvote 0

Lillithspeak

The Umbrella
Aug 26, 2003
Vermont
✟9,786.00
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
jhessel said:
interesting name you got there.

Lilith: she fled into the wilderness, where she mated with subterranean "demons" and other beings, swearing that she and her children (the "Lilim") would always prey on human children, and seduce human beings into hybrid-producing sexual encounters. Again, this is paralleled in nearly EVERY ancient tradition, from the Lamias of Greece, to the Huldre-folk and seductresses of Scandinavia and the Dragon-kings, queens, princes and princesses of China and Japan.

some people think its cool to have the name of a demon for a message board i guess :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Isn't it interesting that I merely asked you if you believed all of that stuff-for all I know you were being facetious-and you responded by attacking my name???? Does this say more about you than it does me?

And, since you did attack my name, didn't you leave out a little information about the original Lillith? She was created before Eve, to be Adam's mate, and when she refused to be subordinate to him-insisting she was his equal, she had to leave the Garden of Eden.
biggrin.gif
Thereby becoming the worlds very first (drumroll please) uppity woman!
clap.gif
clap.gif
LILLITH

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lillithspeak said:
Isn't it interesting that I merely asked you if you believed all of that stuff-for all I know you were being facetious-and you responded by attacking my name???? Does this say more about you than it does me?

And, since you did attack my name, didn't you leave out a little information about the original Lillith? She was created before Eve, to be Adam's mate, and when she refused to be subordinate to him-insisting she was his equal, she had to leave the Garden of Eden.
biggrin.gif
Becoming the worlds first uppity woman!
clap.gif
clap.gif
LILLITH
Where in the world did you get this idea??

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
sweetkitty said:
There are a lot of different stories about Lillith or Lilith, most from ancient Jewish stories and myths. Very interesting.

In one version Lillith rebelled against Adam when he attempted to rape her. She called out the secret name of God and escaped by disappearing.
Of course Jewish myth, at that point, turned her into some kind of demon seductress.

There's a lot more to this story. Google "Lillith Creation Myths" and you will get the information.

Upvote 0

Lillithspeak

The Umbrella
Aug 26, 2003
Vermont
✟9,786.00
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
sweetkitty said:
jewishdelaware.esmartweb.com/PJewishTexts.htm

Lillith, also known as the Sumero-Babylonian Goddess Belit-ili, or Belili, seems to have taken an altered place in Jewish religion, similar to the integration of various pagan gods as “demons” or supplicators. And yet, her legend was excluded from the canonical Bible.

Dating as far back as post 2300 BCE, she was the Sumerian, Hebrew, and Muslim Goddess that gathered males into the temple of Inanna. But her most well-known myth was her story in the Hebraic tradition.

Lillith was said to have rejected Adam, the first man, when he tried to force her into a submissive position, sexually and in essence. Because they were created together, Lillith wanted a firm equality, and a female-pleasing coupling position. Some of the myths say she was so disgusted with Adam, who may have previously been taken to having intercourse with the beasts he was herding, that she cursed and left him, to pursue her own will, making her home by the Red Sea, which would include lovemaking with “demons”, and bearing hundreds of children of her own daily. When God sent angels to fetch Lillith, she cursed them as well, and ignored the Lord’s command.

She continued to stir in the thoughts of the people for years and years to come, sometimes through the myth of her daughters, the lilim, who were the model for the legendary succubi, the demon-women who were feared to seduce and torment men in their dreams.

As a Goddess, Lillith represented childbirth, sensuality and power. The legends of her rebellion may cast her as the first feminist, and as the first wife, the stories of her decisiveness and her maternal power are intense ones. Even though many see her as a demon of her own making, Lillith also seems to represent the acceptance of the self-truth, no matter what its cost. She was sometimes seen depicted with symbolic animals of royalty and wisdom.

Lillith was awesome. Some men still fear female sexuality.

Lillith-she types with pride!
pink.gif

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Annabel Lee said:
In one version Lillith rebelled against Adam when he attempted to rape her. She called out the secret name of God and escaped by disappearing.
Of course Jewish myth, at that point, turned her into some kind of demon seductress.
/me cuts his eyes at Annabel....
idea.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Annabel Lee said:
Hey! I'm a Klingon not a demon seductress!...though I suppose I could be both.
Let me look into it and get back to you. ;)

This drone confesses that she was wounded by earlier quotes regarding evil cyborgs.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have to confess I am not entirely convinced jhessel isn't making fun of everyone who believes this stuff. I've never seen him slip or wink but he may just be that good. On the other hand if he does believe everything he says I hope he doesn't live near my house.
tulc(who first learned about Lilith in a comicbook)

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Plan 9 said:
This drone confesses that she was wounded by earlier quotes regarding evil cyborgs.
Names?
I'll bite em for you if you'd like...
Then they can be cursed...
biggrin.gif

Theres not an evil byte in your programming...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jhessel

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟8,984.00
Faith
Christian
for those interested on the topic this you should read this article (good starting point)

http://www.stargods.org/GW_Michael_Mott.html

ill be making a "seeds of satan 2" thread because this thread is just too big (it will explain it all from the first post which was the mistake i made in this thread)

Upvote 0

ThePhoenix

Aug 12, 2003
✟5,476.00
Faith
Christian
jhessel said:
for those interested on the topic this you should read this article (good starting point)

http://www.stargods.org/GW_Michael_Mott.html

ill be making a "seeds of satan 2" thread because this thread is just too big (it will explain it all from the first post which was the mistake i made in this thread)
No, your mistake was starting this thread. Everything since then has been compounding the error.

Plan 9 - you've adapted to his attacks now, so he can't harm you. See the value of borg circuitry?

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
LOL, as an anime fan, I can tell you that similar things have been done already for both movies and TV series. While none have the exact plotline and characters jhessel set up, some come quite close, and if you're interested in looking around a bit I'm sure you could find some. . .~.^

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.