The second beast, the image of the first, and the mark.

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Surely you're not implying that I'm trying to "avoid the intended meaning". Why would any Bible believing Christian do that? I think you have a warped understanding of scripture too but I would never accuse you of purposely avoiding the intended meaning. You just aren't seeing the intended meaning. There's a big difference.

Not if he were a prophet or a poet.
You obviously have a very difficult time
I have to break down everything for you as you don't get it
Scripture will support itself in a literal manner if you study it , not just glaze over it
, seek your guru Tribsigns

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That is not correct which is why you have not compared Scripture with Scripture.

Rev 20:4
[4] And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

From God's Word, it is clear that the beast was already present at the time of this writing, and those martyrs risen in Christ had already gotten the victory over him and were raised up to reign with Christ.

Uh, no. Rev 20 is yet in the future. The resurrection of the dead happens at the second coming, not in the distant past.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ask yourself this, did the mark exist when John wrote about the souls he saw in heaven?

John wqs taken to the future so he was able to see it first given but it did not exist in John's time nor does it exist yet. Only when the second beast arises and gives out the mark will the mark exist.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
MOD HAT ON

There is a lot of personal and judgmental statements being made through the thread lately. It needs to stop or staff actions will happen and posts will be deleted.

The rules state:
Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.

Speaking down to and insulting people is not treating people with respect and courtesy and, no, it doesn't matter how wrong you think they are and how right you think you are.

MOD HAT OFF

stop flaming.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
On the contrary. Since I stopped believing as you do, the pieces all fit much better.
It surely has not been shown in here , as you always need things explained just as in the above when you thought I said something I did not say , having to explain that you either choose Jesus or the mark , maybe if you give some thought to things before you assume things mean something other than what they really mean

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Uh, no. Rev 20 is yet in the future. The resurrection of the dead happens at the second coming, not in the distant past.

The millennial kingdom is not in the future. You need to find out why Satan had to be bound and when it happened.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The millennial kingdom is not in the future. You need to find out why Satan had to be bound and when it happened.
lol simple , The scripture
Rev 20
3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended.

There has never been a time in all of history as of yet that satan was locked up and not able to deceive nations of people

The book of Revelation a book of future prophetic events was written in 96 A.D. the very last book of the bible ever written , it will not make sense to try to say that things that were not even known of in days before the book was written somehow apply to days that were of decades or generations before it was written

it is in the future - as in Not yet happened - but surely you will come up with some way to allegorize it , or put it into some sort of figurative way to say that it will not literally happen :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
lol simple , The scripture
Rev 20
3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended.

No. You need to "think" WHY did Christ want to keep Satan from deceiving the nations (Gentiles). For what purpose? Jesus Christ already explained this:

Mat 12:28-29
[28] But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
[29] Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

Christ explained how the kingdom of God (millennial kingdom) come! The strong man is Satan. His House is the world. His goods are people in spiritual bondage to him. The one who enters Satan's house is Jesus Christ. In order to spoil people from Satan's house (world), he needs to bind Satan first!

Now the real question is, when did Christ bind Satan as Revelation 20 stated? Humm? If this does not take place until in the future as you believe, we are not saved! Selah!

Therefore, Christ did NOT bind Satan for the world, but for HIS PEOPLE, Israel! This is why Satan was still roaring like a lion but can NOT be able to prevent Church from expanding into the world and spoil people from His House. It is not something that will happen in the future because the church is the kingdom of God on earth... right now and it has been since Pentecost started!

It is not something to "LOL" about because Revelation 20 is not written so that it will be understood by everyone but only those who have spiritual ears to hear!

• Winner
Reactions: LastSeven
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
No. You need to "think" WHY did Christ want to keep Satan from deceiving the nations (Gentiles). For what purpose? Jesus Christ already explained this:

Mat 12:28-29
[28] But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
[29] Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

Christ explained how the kingdom of God (millennial kingdom) come! The strong man is Satan. His House is the world. His goods are people in spiritual bondage to him. The one who enters Satan's house is Jesus Christ. In order to spoil people from Satan's house (world), he needs to bind Satan first!

Now the real question is, when did Christ bind Satan as Revelation 20 stated? Humm? If this does not take place until in the future as you believe, we are not saved! Selah!

Therefore, Christ did NOT bind Satan for the world, but for HIS PEOPLE, Israel! This is why Satan was not able to prevent Church from growing in the world and spoil people from His House! Not something that will happen in the future!

It is not something to "LOL" about because Revelation 20 is not written so that it will be understood by everyone but only those who have spiritual ears to hear!
How a person is "saved ' is simply accepting the Jesus is the Son of God who came to earth and took on the sins of all mankind -past present and future - so that when a person confesses their sins , asks God to forgive them of their sins , they repent of the living for their own self and life their life for Jesus , Jesus shed His innocent blood on the cross as the sacrificial lamb to atone for the sins of all the world , for whosoever shall accept Christ die and rose again to life and the anyone who believes that Jesus will give them eternal life with Christ they shall be saved - saved means salvation -saved from the penalty of spiritual death , eternal life given by Jesus
Jesus hung on that cross for everyone Israel and ALL mankind , if a person has asked God to forgive their sins and accept Jesus as Messiah and confesses with thy mouth they are saved immediately after doing so - This is why Jesus said just before he gave up the ghost on that cross "IT IS FINISHED" as long as a person holds to this acceptance of Christ till they die they will remain with Christ eternally , the only way to lose it is to deny Christ , to turn away from Christ and those who remain in Christ will rule and reign with Christ during the millennial kingdom. The millennial kingdom gets it's name from the 1000 year time frame that satan will be IN THE FUTURE locked in the abyss unable to deceive any people during that time . That time has not happened yet because it is still in the future to come .

You really need to THINK about this , people are saved already , people who died in Christ have a permanent place with Jesus eternally and satan cannot change that at all

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In another thread it was an opinion of some that the rfid chip shown as the mark of the beast was simply fantasy and fearmongering.
I tend to agree that the RFID chip is not the mark itself.
So im curious what you think this means, regardless of your disagreements or interpretations, im happy to hear everyone.
I agree that the mark is a form of direct identification and authorization to do actual business in the real world and i believe it os already here. Many overlook the favt that scripture clearly states that EVERYONE will receive it.
The second beast causes fire to come down from heaven, forces people to make images of the first beast, then gives breathe to the image of the first beast so that it may talk. And the image has the power to slay those who will not worship it. And eventually causes everyone to recieve the mark.
I mainly follow a historicist leaning which at it's foundation posits that the "Beast" with 7 Heads and 10 Horns was the Papal Empire and that this beast has already been "wounded" and healed (although it will never achieve its former greatness). Here is where I typically diverge away from recent and current hostoricists.

Following this model we would then be looking for another kingdom (the beast from the earth with 2 horns, often called the false prophet) to emerge from the bottomless pit, it would be a government that "was, is not, and shall ascend and go into perdition". I take this to be the United States Republic and identify the "Beast that was" as the Republic of Rome which was the model of the United States. The United States used it's power to rain fire down upon the world and all her inhabitants became aware of the great miracles.

The United States would also need to set up a likeness of the Papal Empire and it has. The Papal Empire was a collection of states whose rulers handed over their power to a sovereign city through a system of representative bishops who voted for the next ruler on behalf of the people. This is how the United States operates. The EU is the exact same system. They are both direct models (albeit secular) of the Papal Empire. Currently, all the nations of earth marvel and emulate this image of government, even the most despotic regimes today call themselves Republics (take a look at North Korea). There are MANY other reasons I take this view. In these countries, each civilian is marked and numbered at birth or assemilitation and these marks are used to conduct business and to allow the state (which takes the place of God) to care for the needs of its inhabitants just as God promises to care for the needs of His marked people.

What is the image if the beast that is brought to life? My best guess, is that the image of the beast that is given the power to talk and kill those unwilling to worship, would be a form of artificially intelligent robots that are brought to sentience. Killing those who will not worship (did i mention the AI Church thats starting up?) And then forcing the rfid chip as the mark.
Governments and other institutions are the most ancient form of AI. The ancients called these beings egregores (Watchers) and they were understood to be a type of angelic being, a corporate body that is composed of, influenced by, and influences all of its members, some sort of "beast" that no single person is in direct control of but ultimately is "programmed" to protect its "interests". They are idols crafted by the minds and hands of people. They do not breathe or contain life but nevertheless act as gods and judge and rule over the people and can destroy or lift up a family or individual and they kill millions as they make war with each other over territory and interests although they are nothing but the vain creations of man.

If you disagree, thats fine, but im interested in how you would interpret these symbols, whichever way you slice it.
I think the most powerful artificially intelligent beings have existed since ancient times and they still rule over and dominate mankind. The final destruction of these beings which have ruled the world since the dawn of civilization is what the book of Revelation is ultimately concerning.

I did really like reading the postings of tribsigns as well. Good stuff.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

The Mill. Kingdom is future and I know why Satan shall be bound and imprisoned because it's explained in Rev 20.

Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

For 1000 years God will make Satan unable to deceive the nations...unlike now where Satan continues to deceive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Man is creation of God who he made both male and female but the beast will not be creation of God but of man. Does the word Clone or drone or robot mean anything?

Man was not made both male and female. A "curve" being taken from Adam to make a female does not mean Adam was half male and half female or anything similar as in being "both".

Reactions: Davy
Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And the image has the power to slay those who will not worship it.

Bible didnt say the image can kill people, its the 2nd beast that ordered the people who refuse to worship the LIVING STATUE of the 1st beast to be killed by beheading.

• Agree
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have read through this thread and one thing that is missing in this discussion is the idea of WORSHIP.

Revelation 13:4
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

Revelation 13:12
And he exerciseth all the power of the first beastbefore him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

Revelation 13:15
And he had power to give life unto the image of thebeast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship theimage of the beast should be killed.

Revelation 14:9
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Revelation 16:2
And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshiped his image.

So the Beast is worshiped according to these statements. To Identify the Beast (so we can discern what the mark is) lets start with what it means to worship. Is there a false system of worship that is leading folks away from GOD but being done in the name of GOD.

Remember the parable of the ten virgins all believed something, five were foolish and five wise but they all were waiting for the wedding feast. This will apply to "Christians" at the end of time.

???? Would any that read this willing worship the beast, NO. So it is a very cunning and deceitful issue.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Man was not made both male and female. A "curve" being taken from Adam to make a female does not mean Adam was half male and half female or anything similar as in being "both".
I think he means "mankind" was made both male and female. "Man" is short for mankind.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are one of many people have been trying to figure out what the mark of the beast meant, and what was the significance of the number six hundred threescore and six. Let me tell you something... how about we forget debit cards, the Pope's address, the numeric equivalents of Greek letters, a new one world government, computer chips under the skin, magnetic scans in the forehead, Hebrew numerology, cell phones with Amazon app, etc. etc. and get our interpretation from...

..the Bible Alone!

Not YouTube. Not televandalists' books. Not National Geography. Selah!

Now in Revelation 13:16 we see that this beast causes all to receive the mark of his name. And no, this beast is not one world leader or a single man. Rather a body of Satan making up of false christs and prophets preaching lies in the church. However, verse 17 assures us that this "all" is qualified. In other words, it's not everyone in the world as most believe, but it is everyone that will "buy and sell" at this time. Only the buyers and sellers will receive this mark of the beast. Buy and sell what, exactly? See, the buyers and sellers depicted are not literal merchants and purchasers, rather this is symbolic of those merchants of the church. These will not be able to practice their trade in the church except they are marked of the beast. Revelation is a book of symbolism, and to take this buying and selling literally would be just as much a mistake as taking the beast who gives the mark literally.

Revelation 3:17-19

• "Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
  • I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
  • As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent."
Christ did not ask you to buy a literal gold. Christ was warning the messenger of the church of Laodicea in "symbolic" terms to be a faithful "merchant" of spiritual things, and "buy of Him" Gold tried in the fire, Gold that would not corrupt, Gold that thieves would not seek to break through and steal, Gold that would be more precious than any literal merchant could ever obtain!! And it affects your souls! He is told to be the merchant of these precious "spiritual" things, and he is rebuked and chastened for not doing this. This messenger of Laodoicea thought that he was rich and had need of nothing because of his literal wealth, but God did not say that! He is declaring that "spiritually speaking", he was spiritually poor and blind and naked, just as Babylon the Great will be found to be spiritually naked by the ten horns (more on that later). For the Merchant that Christ had in view was the spiritual merchant of the church, the earthly representation of the Kingdom of God. The one who was seeking to buy and sell precious things far more valuable than literal gold, wonder bread, or ribeye steaks:

Matthew 13:45-46
  • "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
  • Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it."
The Kingdom of heaven is likened unto a merchant man. This is the symbolism of God's congregation going forth. At this time depicted in Revelation 13, no one will be able to be these merchants in the church except the buyers and sellers. Those who will not worship the 'image' of the beast, we read these are all killed. These are those who will not be deceived by the false prophets with their lying signs and wonders (false doctrines) and who will not receive the mark of Satan's name to buy and sell in the Lord's house. Remember when Christ threw buyers and sellers out of God's House as an example. God is not talking about the mark taking place in the world, but rather His House. That is the New Testament congregation of Israel, the Church prior to Second Coming. So it's important that we understand that the symbolism here is that no one can buy and sell "except" those who receive the mark of the beast. In other words, professed Christians will buy or sell whatever comes out of the mouths of false prophets/christs so they will believe a lie. Any true Christians who claim that it is a false doctrine will be considered as unloving, uncompassion, or judgmentative will be killed (their truthful testimony being silenced in church -not physically killed.

Think about this... if some police or solider captured and temporarily sedative you so they put the mark on your right hand or on your forehead against your will. Will this automatically mean you are no longer saved? Of course not, that's absurd. God is not talking about the physical mark of the beast here!

A spiritual mark is much more dangerous than you think and it does deceive many... TODAY! Right in the church where false prophets and christs (beast) rules.

Something to think about.
You are one of many people have been trying to figure out what the mark of the beast meant, and what was the significance of the number six hundred threescore and six. Let me tell you something... how about we forget debit cards, the Pope's address, the numeric equivalents of Greek letters, a new one world government, computer chips under the skin, magnetic scans in the forehead, Hebrew numerology, cell phones with Amazon app, etc. etc. and get our interpretation from...

..the Bible Alone!

Not YouTube. Not televandalists' books. Not National Geography. Selah!

Now in Revelation 13:16 we see that this beast causes all to receive the mark of his name. And no, this beast is not one world leader or a single man. Rather a body of Satan making up of false christs and prophets preaching lies in the church. However, verse 17 assures us that this "all" is qualified. In other words, it's not everyone in the world as most believe, but it is everyone that will "buy and sell" at this time. Only the buyers and sellers will receive this mark of the beast. Buy and sell what, exactly? See, the buyers and sellers depicted are not literal merchants and purchasers, rather this is symbolic of those merchants of the church. These will not be able to practice their trade in the church except they are marked of the beast. Revelation is a book of symbolism, and to take this buying and selling literally would be just as much a mistake as taking the beast who gives the mark literally.

Revelation 3:17-19

• "Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
  • I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
  • As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent."
Christ did not ask you to buy a literal gold. Christ was warning the messenger of the church of Laodicea in "symbolic" terms to be a faithful "merchant" of spiritual things, and "buy of Him" Gold tried in the fire, Gold that would not corrupt, Gold that thieves would not seek to break through and steal, Gold that would be more precious than any literal merchant could ever obtain!! And it affects your souls! He is told to be the merchant of these precious "spiritual" things, and he is rebuked and chastened for not doing this. This messenger of Laodoicea thought that he was rich and had need of nothing because of his literal wealth, but God did not say that! He is declaring that "spiritually speaking", he was spiritually poor and blind and naked, just as Babylon the Great will be found to be spiritually naked by the ten horns (more on that later). For the Merchant that Christ had in view was the spiritual merchant of the church, the earthly representation of the Kingdom of God. The one who was seeking to buy and sell precious things far more valuable than literal gold, wonder bread, or ribeye steaks:

Matthew 13:45-46
  • "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
  • Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it."
The Kingdom of heaven is likened unto a merchant man. This is the symbolism of God's congregation going forth. At this time depicted in Revelation 13, no one will be able to be these merchants in the church except the buyers and sellers. Those who will not worship the 'image' of the beast, we read these are all killed. These are those who will not be deceived by the false prophets with their lying signs and wonders (false doctrines) and who will not receive the mark of Satan's name to buy and sell in the Lord's house. Remember when Christ threw buyers and sellers out of God's House as an example. God is not talking about the mark taking place in the world, but rather His House. That is the New Testament congregation of Israel, the Church prior to Second Coming. So it's important that we understand that the symbolism here is that no one can buy and sell "except" those who receive the mark of the beast. In other words, professed Christians will buy or sell whatever comes out of the mouths of false prophets/christs so they will believe a lie. Any true Christians who claim that it is a false doctrine will be considered as unloving, uncompassion, or judgmentative will be killed (their truthful testimony being silenced in church -not physically killed.

Think about this... if some police or solider captured and temporarily sedative you so they put the mark on your right hand or on your forehead against your will. Will this automatically mean you are no longer saved? Of course not, that's absurd. God is not talking about the physical mark of the beast here!

A spiritual mark is much more dangerous than you think and it does deceive many... TODAY! Right in the church where false prophets and christs (beast) rules.

Something to think about.
"The bible alone " .The problem is that it has been fixed by certain people to men what they want it to mean ,and their 'carnal childish side ' fears a change in the 'story' they they have been led to believe .
We have already been judged ,at least those who grew up in christian cultures ,and the 'mark of the beast', is in their head for all who are discerning to see .

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Mill. Kingdom is future and I know why Satan shall be bound and imprisoned because it's explained in Rev 20.

Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

For 1000 years God will make Satan unable to deceive the nations...unlike now where Satan continues to deceive.

I think you are confused about the nations. When people like you read "nations" in Revelation you are thinking about France, Japan, or Brazil. But that is not what God sees.

Nations and Gentiles are both the "exact same words" with the exact same meaning in Scripture. In Revelation it applies to any group of non-Jewish people. i.e., Heathen (nonbelieving) people who didn't know the God of Israel. With this event described in Revelation 20, their blindness is lifted so that they would now have this knowledge and not continue to be deceived by the great deceiver, Satan. That's what the language of the nations no longer being deceived illustrates. Salvation went to the Jew first, and now with the fall of Israel it is going to the Gentiles/Nations.

Isaiah 42:1-3
  • "Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
  • He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.
  • A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.
  • He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law."

This prophesy refers to Christ and the bringing judgment to the Gentiles/Nations refers to His bringuing the law and Covenant to them in the New Testament/Covenant dispensation, as is also quoted from and confirmed by Christ Himself in Matthew

Matthew 12:15-21
  • "But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;
  • And charged them that they should not make him known:
  • That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
  • Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
  • He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
  • A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
  • And in his name shall the Gentiles trust."
Showing judgment to the Gentiles/Nations is synonymous to bringing God's law and revelation to them that they are not deceived. The same illusteration of Christ, the Messenger of the Covenant, that we see in

Revelation 20:1-4
  • "And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
  • And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
  • And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
  • And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them:"
It's the same scenario. The Messenger come down from Heavebn to bind Satan and bring judgment to the Gentiles/nations is Christ Jesus. Natiopns and Gentiles refer to the same group of people.

It's like the Greek word [agelos], that "means" messenger, but is also translated angel by many translators. The same with the word [ethnos], meaning a group of people, specially non-Jewish, is also translated nations because the Gentile or non-Jews are foreign peoples or nations. Just as in the Old Testament it's the Hebrew word [gowy], used the exact same way. Gentiles/nations. Revelation 20 is what is spoken about in the prophesy of Isaiah, where judgment is given and the Gentiles/nations flow into the great city, which is spiritually the Lord's house. This is salvation unto the Gentiles.nations and judgment upon national Israel, which came with Christ's death and resurrection.

Isaiah 2:1-4
  • "The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
  • And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
  • And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
  • And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

And all nations shall flow unto it is pointing to the great commission where Christ told us to preach the gospel to the ends of the earth, and the nations/gentiles flowing into it are the fruits of these labors in Christ Jesus. This started at the cross and ends when all Israel is Sealed unto the day of redemption. We can't get hung up on the word translated nations and start thinking like the the evangelicals, of the nation of Israel and other physical nations, that's not what God has in view. political Nations aren't saved or kept from being deceived by satan, individuals are saved and they come into the "Spiritual Nation," and become "Spiritual Jews" and are brought "Spiritual Peace" and comfort in the "Spiritual" Israel of God (Romans 2:28-29, Ephesians 2:11-22). These nations in Scripture contrast the Jewish perop[le, i.e., meaning non-Jews. e.g.:

Galatians 2:15
  • "We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,"
One group contrasted with the other. The word you see translated Nations is the exact same word you see in this verse translated Gentiles, and of course this [ethnos], clearly means here the non-Jews or what Scripture calls Gentiles. These were the Foreigners from the commonwealth of Israel and the vcovenants. Galatians 2:15 contrasts the Jewish people with the non-Jewish people by the use of the word (Gentiless/Nations).

The bottom line is that God has bound Satan at the Cross so that his kingdom could be established through the church where the gospel can go forth to the world (Strong man's house). Thus the whole new testament period is the day of salvation. However, once God has finished sealing all of His people and the testimony of Two Witnesses is finished, Satan will be loosened once again to deceive those who have NOT YET sealed by God in the church so they will not be able to find salvation for salvation has ceased. And they did not know it! The same language that they will not find death in Christ in Revelation 9.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: LastSeven
Upvote 0