• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

The scientific reason your hand sanitizer smells so bad

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by Michie, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+32,242
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Shoppers should be aware of the basic ingredients in their sanitizers

There’s a scientific reason your hand sanitizer may smell like crap.

At the start of the coronavirus pandemic, Americans flocked to stores to stock up on cleaning essentials, leaving shelves barren of everyday disinfectants, cleaning supplies and sanitizer.

Then distilleries and other manufacturers stepped in to help with the shortage, creating brands unrecognizable from household names like Purell or Germ-X, many of which boast bold odors.

The distinct often tequila-like smells are a natural byproduct of ethanol, or ethyl alcohol, a main germ-killing ingredient, according to a report from the New York Times’s Wirecutter.

Many commonly used sanitizers are made with ethyl alcohol or a close substitute.

Continued below.
    The scientific reason your hand sanitizer smells so bad

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Arc F1

Arc F1 Let the righteous man arise from slumber

+639
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I'm sure some have tried it. I watched an uncle drink rubbing alcohol when I was about 8 years old. He was an alcoholic. That morning he beat the crap out of his son. I hid under the bed. He blamed us for drinking all his booze. We didn't of course but he was a bad guy and blamed the world for his problems. With nothing else to drink he downed the whole bottle of the rubbing alcohol and still lived. I guess people like him are the reasons for all the warning labels.

3. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+4,162
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    Your uncle probably drank rubbing alcohol made from ethyl alcohol . If he’d have drunk isopropyl it would have killed him . It’s not a good idea to drink rubbing alcohol made from ethyl alcohol either . The USA govt deliberately poisons it a little to prevent alcoholics from drinking it. It will make you sick.