The Scary Parts of Marriage

MaraPetra

WARNING! Uncoated observations dispensed here.
Dec 12, 2005
Louisiana
✟15,435.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I find marriage entertaining! :D

No, it's not because marriage is inherently a funny condition, but rather, there's always a new challenge when it comes to the two meshing into one flesh.

Take my parents. They've been married for 42 years. When you combine a smart-aleck with a spoiled but good-hearted woman with an attitude, sparks are bound to fly. I can remember growing up, and roaring with laughter when hearing their 'arguments'...They used humor heavily to deal with one another's shortcomings or habits.

And they're still laughing at one another's annoying little quirks.

Hubby and I are the same way...His addiction to video games aggravates me, but I can't help but laugh at the way he gets goofy and makes all sorts of faces and noises when he's on a challenging level. It's such a pity there are no game controllers that are triggered by the facial movements of the player!

I grind my teeth when he's prattling about the latest computer technology, but I have to laugh at his enthusiasm...I've seen him lovingly stroke a new video card like it was the finest, jewel-encrusted treasure! :p

I drive him crazy when I start getting clinical (this normally happens after I'm stuck in a meeting all day with two entomologists, a biologist, and a government official), because he can't understand half of what I'm saying, but at the same time, he laughs at me being "anal-lytical".

Okay, your turn to share! What is it about your spouse that drives you crazy, but at the same time it makes you laugh?

E-beth

Senior Contributor
Feb 6, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
✟20,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My husband loves his truck like it was the holy grail. He drools over the guy truck shows on SpikeTV and thinks PepBoys is a toy store. I have often referred to the truck as "the other woman."

Still, he can maintain and fix just about anything, and he keeps it in good condition. Plus, working on it makes him happy and makes him feel good. So, I love that big green thing. Because I love him.

Upvote 0

LynnMcG

A reflection of the Son
Sep 20, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟20,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
MaraPetra said:
His addiction to video games aggravates me, but I can't help but laugh at the way he gets goofy and makes all sorts of faces and noises when he's on a challenging level. It's such a pity there are no game controllers that are triggered by the facial movements of the player!

Mine does that too! It cracks me up!

My husband has a sort of all-or-nothing personality. It's endearing but insane at the same time. His obsession could be his guitar or PS2 or Football (American). Ahhh, I remember when he obsessed about me...sigh.

Upvote 0

Entertaining_Angels

Aug 12, 2004
east coast
✟23,975.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Mine is an accident-prone (i.e. chainsaw through the knee, sliced off a finger with his table saw) sort of guy whose hobby involves using dangerous power tools.

Put it to you this way, I called his job once and asked for him, the guy who answered the phone said, "No, sorry he isn't in right now...oh wait...hold on...nope, that's just one of his toes...he's not here right now." He has a reputation.

Cute? Not sure about that one but I always keep the first aid kit at the ready.

And, question often asked, don't I worry about him with all the dangerous weapons he has right now? You don't even know.

Upvote 0

Katakalupto

Blessed be.
Apr 23, 2006
Visit site
✟7,179.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How does he endearingly annoy me? Let me count the ways.
1) He giggles when he is amused. It drives me insane
because he sounds just like a little girl. Though at
the same time I find it cute.

2) He is a plumber. Any time that an update is made to
the existing code laws, he goes into in depth details
about them with me. Keep in mind that I didn't
know what the previous laws were. He will then
ask me what my opinion is about the situation.

3) He too, has the PS2 game face.

4) He is a gun fanatic. My wedding present from him
was a Ruger Mini 14 .223 Ranch Rifle. I received a
handgun for the following Christmas. It is so much
fun to actually claim the gun that he bought for me,
so that he could use it. I love guns too. He has
since bought him a Mini 14 and a similar handgun.
He reloads, accessorizes, and drools over guns all the
time. If our home was on fire, he would definitely
save the guns before anything or anyone else.

Upvote 0

Linnis

Legend
Jun 27, 2005
✟30,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My Dh loves his video games, they drive me nuts sometimes. Then he'll do something cute...like he'll turn off the volume as to not wake me up but he'll get into the game and start humming the Zelda theme song.

Although I do know he'd save me before his computer.

He gets really annoyed when I talk about him not keeping something neat or clean. Why can he put the lid down since he turns to flush? How much extra work is that extra step? It drives him batty some days but he says I'm cute enough he can over look it.

Upvote 0

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟25,153.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
there are so many things that I can't help but laught with my husband about. Like the way he teaches our daughter how to play with toy wrestlers, or how he gets really excited about going to the toy store, and I really mean the toy store. He even embarasses the youth group at church, where he is a youth leader. I mean come on, diveing for popcorn on a mall floor? My husband hasn't grown up yet, but that is ok, he had 4 years in the NAVY, and that was during the 9-11 attacks. So I am ok with my man acting like a child everyonce in a while, and now that we have a child, he thinks that is even more of an excuse.

For him, it is my addiction to books that annoys him to no end, as well as my work here on CF, I have been banned from the computer until our daughter in in bed.

Upvote 0

tigercub

unbelievably fluffy
Site Supporter
May 8, 2006
Brisbane
Visit site
✟27,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
My husband has an intense need to know all current news and be 110% up to date with technology (computers etc) I laugh because someone (or me) will mention something and he will run off to look it up on Net ^_^ It's quite funny at times.

The other things really makes me :mad: at the time but afterwards I usually smile when I remember it.

When he laughs, he doesn't just laugh, he ROARS and he rocks back and forth and tips his head back! For me (who can be a little uptight about these things) it really irks me :mad:

Hubby is amusing :p

Upvote 0

sjdennis

May 15, 2006
✟15,947.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My wife is addicted to computer games. Really basic, old-fashioned arcade style games. Cellphone games - that sort of thing. It really bugs me, as she wants to borrow my laptop all the time whenever I have it home in the weekends, or use my cellphone to play games when we are trying to go to sleep.

BUT she is amazingly good at computer games. She has an incredibly fast mind, picks up things amazingly well. I teach her something and within 5 minutes she's so far ahead of me I can never reclaim the high scores list! I am very impressed by this, she has a wonderful mind, and I tease her about it & we laugh about it together. Her natural skill at computer games is incredible, and so pointless it's hilarious to a very practical person like myself!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums