Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think the worst possible act would be to worship Satan. Extremely dangerous. I cannot believe such 'churches' exist.
Our soul is the most precious, in fact only, thing we possess. It's destiny and safety is vital.
It's surely far better a person be neutral, undecided, than to put their soul in such definite peril. Why would anyone choose darkness over light?
It's beyond my understanding. All i know is thst the devil and demons exist. They are very real. My attitude is to stay away from every unwholesome influence. Do not open your mind to such. Pray Jesus Christ to handle that and keep your eyes only on He who is our Great Shepherd. He aline can protect us. All else is madness and dangerous evil.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think the worst possible act would be to worship Satan. Extremely dangerous. I cannot believe such 'churches' exist.
Our soul is the most precious, in fact only, thing we possess. It's destiny and safety is vital.
It's surely far better a person be neutral, undecided, than to put their soul in such definite peril. Why would anyone choose darkness over light?
It's beyond my understanding. All i know is thst the devil and demons exist. They are very real. My attitude is to stay away from every unwholesome influence. Do not open your mind to such. Pray Jesus Christ to handle that and keep your eyes only on He who is our Great Shepherd. He aline can protect us. All else is madness and dangerous evil.
I've talked to several. Sometimes a person spends years devoted to God spending a lot of effort to pleasing God. They are doing it with an expected outcome. They seek some kind of return from God. When that doesn't happen, in their frustration they turn on God and hate Him. Blaming God for all the effort that is counted as nothing. The paradox is that Satanists who worship Satan the adversary of God, the one we understand as Christians, have a powerful belief in God.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I was asking myself the same question a few years ago and found a website explaining the thoughts of a group who claimed to be theistic satanists. They seemed to be megalomaniacs who believed in selfish ambition and the strong controlling the weak and so forth. I couldn't tell what this group believed about Satan as a deity. Sometimes people describe Satanism as a form of Christianity, because the story is the same except that Satan is expected to triumph in the end.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Who are fictitious characters?
Are you saying atheists, the devil aren't real or what?
Sorry but the devil aka Satan is a fictional character made-up as an excuse for refusing to accept your own responsibility for sin. The Hebrews knew nothing of demons, devils, or a Satan and thought of the adversary as the enemy, a fiend, that God used as an Angel, destroyer, controlled for His plan to give the Land of promise as He purposed. See the way God used His Angel to destroy Sodom and saved only Lot's family. Who destroyed the first born in Egypt?

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
They're pretty good about fighting unequal applications of law with regard to religion such as erecting (in my opinion, a very nice looking) Baphomet statue where others insist only Christian monuments may stand.

At the very least, I respect their pursuit of equality under the law.

Most Satanists are materialists.

• Informative
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Sorry but the devil aka Satan is a fictional character made-up as an excuse for refusing to accept your own responsibility for sin. The Hebrews knew nothing of demons, devils, or a Satan and thought of the adversary as the enemy, a fiend, that God used as an Angel, destroyer, controlled for His plan to give the Land of promise as He purposed. See the way God used His Angel to destroy Sodom and saved only Lot's family. Who destroyed the first born in Egypt?

I've read a little about Enochian and Essene Judaism, and that is where the devil originates. Pharisee Judaism was the only sect to survive and that is why the devil seems foreign to modern Jews.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,162,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Anton Lavey? Many of them seem to be atheist edge-lords. Going out of their way to be misconstrued as theistic Satanists.

Think my grandmother had a Satanic Bible book by him. My mother as a child who was a Christian was appalled/scared and threw it in the trash. She was surprised she didn't get a beating for that. Although knowing her, it might have been a book that literally praised and worshiped Satan, lol.

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
Do they really worship Satan or is it just a ploy? I heard they were atheists who don't believe in God or the devil so it doesn't matter who you worship.
There are both fictional characters.
There's different kinds of (organised) Satanists out there.

The most prominent one, the "Church of Satan", believes in neither Satan nor God, but regards both as symbols. It's a hedonistic world view that perceives "Satan" as a metaphor for liberty, rebellion against oppression, rejection of repressive world views etc. Nietzschean "will to power", a sprinkling of Objectivism's "egotism is a virtue"/"greed is good", and so forth.

After the founder of the original CoS died, however, there was a schism, and a group of theistic Satanists formed their own religious group: The "Temple of Set".
They *do* believe in the existence of a metaphysical deity of individuation and darkness, and regard the CoS penchant for cheap shock value as immature and superficial - which is why they do not so much focus on Biblical iconography, but draw upon Egyptian mythology for their iconography.
Since they are an offshoot of the original CoS, they do not exactly *worship* Set, as that would suggest the kind of subservient relationship they reject thoroughly, but instead see him more as a teacher, a sensei leading by example instead of status or power.

There's lots of other groups as well, some smaller, some larger; some non-theistic, some theistic; what they all have in common is a strong focus on antinomianism, trickster figures from mythology, and Jungian "shadow work".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
There's different kinds of (organised) Satanists out there.

The most prominent one, the "Church of Satan", believes in neither Satan nor God, but regards both as symbols. It's a hedonistic world view that perceives "Satan" as a metaphor for liberty, rebellion against oppression, rejection of repressive world views etc. Nietzschean "will to power", a sprinkling of Objectivism's "egotism is a virtue"/"greed is good", and so forth.

After the founder of the original CoS died, however, there was a schism, and a group of theistic Satanists formed their own religious group: The "Temple of Set".
They *do* believe in the existence of a metaphysical deity of individuation and darkness, and regard the CoS penchant for cheap shock value as immature and superficial - which is why they do not so much focus on Biblical iconography, but draw upon Egyptian mythology for their iconography.
Since they are an offshoot of the original CoS, they do not exactly *worship* Set, as that would suggest the kind of subservient relationship they reject thoroughly, but instead see him more as a teacher, a sensei leading by example instead of status or power.

There's lots of other groups as well, some smaller, some larger; some non-theistic, some theistic; what they all have in common is a strong focus on antinomianism, trickster figures from mythology, and Jungian "shadow work".

This.

The majority of self-identified Satanists no more believe in a literal devil than Pastafarians do a literal Flying Spaghetti Monster.

-CryptoLutehran

Reactions: Zoness
Upvote 0