Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

I was already asked about that verse and discussed it in post #185.

The Sabbth-day Law Can Be Violated
I read your reply (post #185).

You were talking about everything but the law of Moses. The text (Acts 15) specifically states, 'the law of Moses', the text is not talking about man made traditions. I am not sure how you misread the text?

The questions the apostles answered (Acts 15), concerned whether Gentiles needed to be circumcised, and whether Gentiles through conversion to Christianity, were now under the law?

These two questions had to be answered.

For example, would Gentiles celebrate the Passover, the new moon, the Sabbaths, e.t.c.?

The Gentiles already had their own state legal system, plus they were also under the Roman legal system. So should they also be placed under the Jewish law? Which would require adherence to three legal systems?

• Agree
Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God's LAW or LAW of GOD both are used in scripture and both are relevant. Choose what ever one you want. The 10 Commandments are God's LAW as he was the one who made them, wrote them with his own finger and spoke them with his own words.

Choose God's LAW or LAW of God, both are in the scriptures in reference to the 10 Commandments it make no difference which one you choose as they have the same meaning.

The problem you face is that you are ignoring scripture and God's WORD and sill have not addressed any of the posts and scriptures that disagree with your teaching. This only shows your in error.

Your claim was.....

Your statement has been shown to be false in post #218 linked.

So are you going to come good on your promise now to address post # 195 linked that disagrees with your teachings?

Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).
Wrong, the phrase 'God's law' is only used once. Why would you use a phrase that is mentioned just once in the entire scripture?

Even the phrase, 'the law of God' is not mentioned once in the books of Exodus or even Deuteronomy.

The phrase, 'the law', is used hundreds of times, both in the Old and the New Testaments.

By the way, we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus on the first day. Celebrating the resurrection of Jesus on the first day, has nothing to do with any other day.

• Agree
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
... Why would you use a phrase that is mentioned just once in the entire scripture?...
Better throw out all those hymns with the word "Calvary" in it, and remove all those places called "Calvary ... church", especially since it comes from 'that book' the KJB. Better 'update' all those hymn books and church boards to "place of the skull". C'mon let's sing - "I've been to 'SKULL!' ..."

It's in scripture [KJB], for a reason.

Nehemiah 10:29 KJB - They clave to their brethren, their nobles, and entered into a curse, and into an oath, to walk in God's law, which was given by Moses the servant of God, and to observe and do all the commandments of the LORD our Lord, and his judgments and his statutes;
It has many synonyms:

Romans 7:22 KJB - For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Psalms 19:7 KJB - The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Psalms 119:1 KJB - ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.

1 Corinthians 7:19 KJB - Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

James 2:8 KJB - If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

James 1:25 KJB - But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

James 2:12 KJB So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Psalms 40:8 KJB - I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

etc.
Now that that is done, we can all head over to the local "Skull 7th Day Baptist Church" and have good ol' time.

I pray everyone begins to really think about the arguments/evidence they are using. Are they actually scriptural?

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Wrong, the phrase 'God's law' is only used once. Why would you use a phrase that is mentioned just once in the entire scripture?

Even the phrase, 'the law of God' is not mentioned once in the books of Exodus or even Deuteronomy.

The phrase, 'the law', is used hundreds of times, both in the Old and the New Testaments.

By the way, we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus on the first day. Celebrating the resurrection of Jesus on the first day, has nothing to do with any other day.

It is ok David you do not have to address the posts and scriptures that disagree with your teachings. I did not think you would as there is a lot of scripture that disagrees with you. I will leave it between you and God and leave links to the posts and scriptures here so you can easily find them again.

You must explain why the Gentiles are not required to obey the law of Moses

SHADOW laws from the BOOK of MOSES in ACTS 15 linked CLICK ME

OLD COVENANT made of of God's LAW (10 Commandments) and the MOSAIC BOOK OFSHADOW laws.

GOD'S LAW OR LAW OF GOD NOT IN THE BIBLE?

Maybe you can pray about these scriptures at home and we can talk about them more latter?

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
...By the way, we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus on the first day. Celebrating the resurrection of Jesus on the first day, has nothing to do with any other day.
That's a great "tradition" [found nowhere in scripture btw] you have there, but it sounds a lot like what Jesus spoke to the Pharisees about. Nullfying God's commandments to keep your "traditions". [Unless you have a command somewhere to do that in the place of God's actual commandment, Exodus 20:8-11 KJB?]

A person might respond and say, "Commandment? We don't need no stinking commandment ..." to 'celebrate' the Resurrection on the first day that is ...

Fine, fine, but what about what the Bible commands to do to celebrate the resurrection? You know, "Baptism"? Romans 6, etc?

A person might respond and say, "I am already baptized [immersed] in water ..."

Fine, fine, but what about that the Baptism was to be representative of the burial of the old man of sin and the ways of sin [1 John 3:4 KJB] which is transgression of God's law? And to arise in newness of life to obey God in all His Commandments?

A person might respond and say, "But I do keep Christ's commandments ..."

Aye, and there's the rub. John 14:15; Exodus 20:6 KJB. One lawgiver.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The phrase 'Ten Commandments' isn't used in NT/covenant scripture either. If it is as important as some believe, to use those words, I imagine they feel the Apostles lacked the discernment to understand that

• Agree
Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To be fair, some of the TC are mentioned in the following(whilst the OC was in operation):

Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, ‘Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?’

17 ‘Why do you ask me about what is good?’ Jesus replied. ‘There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.’

18 ‘Which ones?’ he enquired.

Jesus replied, ‘“You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honour your father and mother,” and “love your neighbour as yourself.

20 ‘All these I have kept,’ the young man said. ‘What do I still lack?
Matt18:18-20

So the young man claimed to have obeyed the TC s If obeying them means you are judged acceptable to enter heaven, there is only one response Jesus could have made. However, lets read on:

Jesus answered, ‘If you want to be perfect(or just one thing you lack in Luke's account), go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.’

22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.
verses 20-22

So, obviously, it isn't enough to believe you obey the TC is it. Someone who did believe that walked away from Christ. He obviously had a god above and before God himself

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Not at all Sin and the law were in the world at the same time because without the law there is no knowledge of what sin is. How can sin be in the would if there is no knowledge of what sin is?
Knowledge and charging are very different things.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God's LAW or LAW of GOD both are used in scripture and both are relevant. Choose what ever one you want. The 10 Commandments are God's LAW as he was the one who made them, wrote them with his own finger and spoke them with his own words.

Choose God's LAW or LAW of God, both are in the scriptures in reference to the 10 Commandments it make no difference which one you choose as they have the same meaning.
The problem you have is the law Abraham kept isn't the law given to Israel as Moses says in Deuteronomy 5:3.

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The problem you have is the law Abraham kept isn't the law given to Israel as Moses says in Deuteronomy 5:3.
Deuteronomy 5:3 KJB says nothing about a "law", but it does speak of a 'covenantal' difference.

Deuteronomy 5:3 KJB - The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.​

Abraham had the Ten Commandments of God, and others, Tithe, Clean/Unclean, etc:

Genesis 17:19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

Genesis 18:19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

Genesis 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
Abraham believed the promises of God ["I will"], and did not have the following covenant ["we will"]:

Exodus 19:8 KJB - And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

Exodus 24:3 KJB - And Moses came and told the people all the words of the LORD, and all the judgments: and all the people answered with one voice, and said, All the words which the LORD hath said will we do.

Exodus 24:7 KJB - And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.

Exodus 24:8 KJB - And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words.

Deuteronomy 5:27 KJB - Go thou near, and hear all that the LORD our God shall say: and speak thou unto us all that the LORD our God shall speak unto thee; and we will hear it, and do it.
Again, there is not a single text in scripture which declares that the Ten Commandments are of themselves "the old covenant" - it doesn't exist. What always happens is that people read by apriori and eisigetically into the texts what they want it to say, rather than in what it says.

The 'old covenant' was the agreement about how the people were to keep the commandments.

The Ten Commandments are God's eternal "my covenant", and is the basis at all covenants.

There is a differing 'ministration' in regards the Law of God between each:

2 Corinthians 3:6 KJB - Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Corinthians 3:7 KJB - But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

2 Corinthians 3:8 KJB - How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

2 Corinthians 3:9 KJB - For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

2 Corinthians 3:10 KJB - For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

2 Corinthians 3:11 KJB - For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.
Notice the words "remaineth". Something from the previous came through into the 'new'. What was it? It wasn't Moses, and the glory of his face, but it was the Glory of the Law of God in the face of Jesus Christ, who was the one who spake the Ten Commandments out loud:

2 Corinthians 4:6 KJB - For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
Not an external written letter, stony law. Now as it was always meant to be, an internally written, fleshy [not fleshly] law of spirit.

The Holy Ghost writes both.

Same Law.

Differing ministrations [not Moses and lambs blood, but Jesus and His blood].

Differing glories [not the face of Moses, but the face of Jesus].

Differing locations [not stone, but flesh/heart].

Differing promises [not the peoples "we will do", but God's "I will"].

This is the difference in the covenants. The promises of the people were fleeting, vanity, but the promises of God are eternal, unfailing.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus said:

“Haven't you read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple desecrate the day and yet are innocent?”
– (Matt 12:5)

The priests in the temple desecrated the Sabbath day by violating the fourth commandment, and yet they remained innocent of sin.

This isn't about violating the entire commandment, it is about the restrictions doctrine and men put on the day - like translating work into a prison of the mind in which you are scared to walk to grab a fork lest you break the 4th commandment.

No, Christ would NEVER say we could violate the 4th commandment. If you have to get some food, why would you say, "Oh, the sabbath says I cant do work.... guess I starve!"

In fact, Christ was trying to get the ridiculously myopic Pharisees to understand the very law they claim to follow - and to recognize the connection between what they claim to know, and what the Word of God is.

Christ did exactly what David did (the Hebrews, especially Pharisees would know this story,) yet the Pharisees didn't recognize this. They accused Christ of violating the 4th commandment because they were ignorant of its meaning. They had no real relationship with the Most High God, so they couldn't understand what the Sabbath meant to The God that saved His people from slavery under other gods.

• Agree
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Deuteronomy 5:3 KJB says nothing about a "law", but it does speak of a 'covenantal' difference.

Deuteronomy 5:3 KJB - The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.​

Abraham had the Ten Commandments of God, and others, Tithe, Clean/Unclean, etc:

Genesis 17:19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

Genesis 18:19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

Genesis 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
Abraham believed the promises of God ["I will"], and did not have the following covenant ["we will"]:

Exodus 19:8 KJB - And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

Exodus 24:3 KJB - And Moses came and told the people all the words of the LORD, and all the judgments: and all the people answered with one voice, and said, All the words which the LORD hath said will we do.

Exodus 24:7 KJB - And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.

Exodus 24:8 KJB - And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words.

Deuteronomy 5:27 KJB - Go thou near, and hear all that the LORD our God shall say: and speak thou unto us all that the LORD our God shall speak unto thee; and we will hear it, and do it.
Again, there is not a single text in scripture which declares that the Ten Commandments are of themselves "the old covenant" - it doesn't exist. What always happens is that people read by apriori and eisigetically into the texts what they want it to say, rather than in what it says.

The 'old covenant' was the agreement about how the people were to keep the commandments.

The Ten Commandments are God's eternal "my covenant", and is the basis at all covenants.

There is a differing 'ministration' in regards the Law of God between each:

2 Corinthians 3:6 KJB - Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Corinthians 3:7 KJB - But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

2 Corinthians 3:8 KJB - How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

2 Corinthians 3:9 KJB - For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

2 Corinthians 3:10 KJB - For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

2 Corinthians 3:11 KJB - For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.
Notice the words "remaineth". Something from the previous came through into the 'new'. What was it? It wasn't Moses, and the glory of his face, but it was the Glory of the Law of God in the face of Jesus Christ, who was the one who spake the Ten Commandments out loud:

2 Corinthians 4:6 KJB - For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
Not an external written letter, stony law. Now as it was always meant to be, an internally written, fleshy [not fleshly] law of spirit.

The Holy Ghost writes both.

Same Law.

Differing ministrations [not Moses and lambs blood, but Jesus and His blood].

Differing glories [not the face of Moses, but the face of Jesus].

Differing locations [not stone, but flesh/heart].

Differing promises [not the peoples "we will do", but God's "I will"].

This is the difference in the covenants. The promises of the people were fleeting, vanity, but the promises of God are eternal, unfailing.
I was wondering which laws do you believe that Abraham had?

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I was wondering which laws do you believe that Abraham had?

Let's start with "tithe", which Adam, Abel, etc had also:

Genesis 14:20 KJB - And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

Hebrews 7:1 KJB - For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;

Hebrews 7:2 KJB - To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;

Hebrews 7:3 KJB - Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Hebrews 7:4 KJB - Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.

Hebrews 7:5 KJB - And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

Hebrews 7:6 KJB - But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

Hebrews 7:7 KJB - And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.

Hebrews 7:8 KJB - And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

Hebrews 7:9 KJB - And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

Hebrews 7:10 KJB - For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.
Let's see if you're of Abraham's seed of faith:

John 8:39 KJB - They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

Genesis 18:19 KJB - For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.​

Do you tithe as Abraham [and those before and after him] did? Yes/No?

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The language you use, is descriptive of the character that you have. The language that you have used, perfectly represents which character you are molded after.
I apologize for my wording T7C. I I have heard so many times from SDAs the the character of God is the 10 commandments that I finally used my fingers to express my righteous indignation at a cliche that people use and give no real thought. There are no words to describe the character of our lord and Savior. Other that the cliche I would like to know the words you would use to describe God? Do you realize that the 10 commandments do not even contain a commandment to love. They were written with God's finger, but to tell us because of that they are His character blows my mind. God was expressing to the Israelites a list of things they were not to do. Nine "thou shalt not" one positive command. Let me ask you this, is our Savior's character nine out of ten negative? Is there no love in our Savior's character? Is His character all about duty?

I ask you to reconsider what the character of God really is.

God's character was written by God Himself, by His own Finger [the Holy Ghost]. Man did not attempt to describe God, but God Himself did do so:
Again, are you really limiting the character of God to the 10 commandments? The ones Paul described as the ministry of Death? Where does it tell us that God described Himself through the 10 commandments?

The language that you have used, perfectly represents which character you are molded after.
WOW! I used too strong of words to tell you my distaste for The SDA demeaning of the character of God and you in turn write that about me???? Judge not my fellow brother. Calling your statement out the way I did was not right and yes it put a stain on my character. Now how about you?

Look at what Moses asks of JEHOVAH Elohiym:

Exodus 33:12 KJB - And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.

Exodus 33:13 KJB - Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.

Exodus 33:14 KJB - And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.

Exodus 33:15 KJB - And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.

Exodus 33:16 KJB - For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.

Exodus 33:17 KJB - And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.

Exodus 33:18 KJB - And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.

Exodus 33:19 KJB - And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

Exodus 33:20 KJB - And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

Exodus 33:21 KJB - And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:

Exodus 33:22 KJB - And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:

Exodus 33:23 KJB - And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.​

Look at what JEHOVAH Elohiym says:

Exodus 34:1 KJB - And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.

Exodus 34:2 KJB - And be ready in the morning, and come up in the morning unto mount Sinai, and present thyself there to me in the top of the mount.

Exodus 34:3 KJB - And no man shall come up with thee, neither let any man be seen throughout all the mount; neither let the flocks nor herds feed before that mount.

Exodus 34:4 KJB - And he hewed two tables of stone like unto the first; and Moses rose up early in the morning, and went up unto mount Sinai, as the LORD had commanded him, and took in his hand the two tables of stone.

Exodus 34:5 KJB - And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD.

Exodus 34:6 KJB - And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,

Exodus 34:7 KJB - Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

Exodus 34:8 KJB - And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped.

Exodus 34:9 KJB - And he said, If now I have found grace in thy sight, O Lord, let my Lord, I pray thee, go among us; for it is a stiffnecked people; and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for thine inheritance.​

Here is where JEHOVAH just quoted from to Moses:

Exodus 20:5 KJB - Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Exodus 20:6 KJB - And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

as it is written, that the name is the description of the Being:

"... for as his name is, so is he; ..."; 1 Samuel 25:25 KJB

[ie, Eve: Genesis 3:20 KJB - And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

ie, Noah: Genesis 5:29 KJB - And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed.

ie, Jacob: Genesis 27:36 KJB - And he said, Is not he rightly named Jacob? for he hath supplanted me these two times: he took away my birthright; and, behold, now he hath taken away my blessing. And he said, Hast thou not reserved a blessing for me?

ie, Israel: Genesis 32:28 KJB - And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

ie, Ichabod: 1 Samuel 4:21 KJB - And she named the child Ichabod, saying, The glory is departed from Israel: because the ark of God was taken, and because of her father in law and her husband.

ie, Golgotha/Calvary: John 19:17 KJB - And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called the place of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha:

Luke 23:33 KJB - And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.

Indeed, for the place in which Jesus sacrificed His life, should ever be imprinted into the mind, the place of the skull, the centermost place of the heart of the earth. JEHOVAH Jesus, JEHOVAH E/Immanuel, God's love, Mercy and Justice meet there, preserving God's Law, His character, His Justice and His Mercy thus preserving His eternal Kingdom and eternal Throne and also preserving those who would accept the sacrifice into that everlasting Kingdom, and so also where the Wrath of God and the Mercy of God meet in Christ Jesus.
ie, JESUS: Matthew 1:21 KJB - And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.]

etc, and many, many more examples that could be given ...]​
Who spoke those? JEHOVAH Elohiym:

Exodus 20:22 KJB - And the LORD said unto Moses, Thus thou shalt say unto the children of Israel, Ye have seen that I have talked with you from heaven.​

Who wrote those? JEHOVAH Elohiym:

Exodus 32:16 KJB - And the tables were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven upon the tables.

Exodus 31:18 KJB - And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.
God's name, His character is Good:

Psalms 54:6 KJB - I will freely sacrifice unto thee: I will praise thy name, O LORD; for it is good.

Proverbs 22:1 KJB - A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.

Ecclesiastes 7:1 KJB - A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.​

Tha Law of God, the transcript of His perfect character is Good:

Romans 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.​

Now notice the connection:

Matthew 19:17 KJB - And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.​

There is no connection. Nothing that would indicate that the 10 are the character of God. Your use of a bunch of verses do not even indicate a jot what is the character of God.​

Therefore, as I follow Jesus Christ, and must have His character within and without, His eternal Law written upon my heart, that it may come forth from these His purchased lips, as it is written:

1 Samuel 12:23 KJB - Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way:

Matthew 5:44 KJB - But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;​
You quote those verses but write: "The language that you have used, perfectly represents which character you are molded after." That to me is flaming. What say you.

Thanks for the admonition. Just want to let you know that those verses do not prove God's character is the 10 commandments and the admonition you gave me from scripture is in turn meant for all of us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
They are? Please explain

If you "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind," you will not have other gods before Him.

If you "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind," you will not use His name in vain.

If you "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind," you will not make lifeless trinkets and statues, paintings and other graven images of anything in Heaven, Earth, or under it - simply because to do so is to act in ignorance. None of us except a few have seen those things, and their first course of action wasn't to make statues or paintings of the entities or things they saw. Enoch wrote down information; he didn't make schematics of the things he saw except to supplement information. Moses didn't tell the people to make statues of trees with fire around them. David did not tell his people to make a statue or painting of him wrestling with an angel. [The Word of God, and the Most High] God is Living, and thoroughly involved.

If you "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind," you would keep the Sabbath day He made for us, since He told us to honor it and keep it holy.

If you "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind," and you love your neighbor as you love yourself, you would honor your mother and father. Your parents who teach you and direct you for the purposes of refining you and raising you upright deserve to be respected. When you respect your parents, you also respect your neighbor, because at the very least they are kids of parents.

If you "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind," and you love your neighbor as you love yourself, you would not murder them.

If you "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind," and you love your neighbor as you love yourself, you would not commit adultery on your spouse with another person. You break up at least two homes, and allow those two to break up two (and so on.) It causes chaos for many people - all for an act that is selfish at the root.

If you "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind," and you love your neighbor as you love yourself, you wouldn't stea from them.

If you "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind," and you love your neighbor as you love yourself, you won't give false accounts against them.

If you "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind," and you love your neighbor as you love yourself, you would not covet what they have. You would understand that they, too, are God's creation suceptible to trials in the form of discipline, love, tests and apparent luxuries and troubles. To covet what your neighbor has is to misunderstand the relationship God has with self, and others.

Of course, you would need to love yourself first to follow any of these. That comes from realizing you are not an insignificant spec on the edge of an infinite universe surrounded by nothingness - forged from chaos, and driven by more chaos. You have to believe you are an actual legitimate child of the Most High God - formed and kept by Him. You don't have to follow the 10 commandments if you don't care for the Most High God like that, and He isn't going to force anyone to do it.

Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind," you will not have other gods before Him.

If you "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind," you will not use His name in vain.

If you "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind," you will not make lifeless trinkets and statues, paintings and other graven images of anything in Heaven, Earth, or under it - simply because to do so is to act in ignorance. None of us except a few have seen those things, and their first course of action wasn't to make statues or paintings of the entities or things they saw. Enoch wrote down information; he didn't make schematics of the things he saw except to supplement information. Moses didn't tell the people to make statues of trees with fire around them. David did not tell his people to make a statue or painting of him wrestling with an angel. [The Word of God, and the Most High] God is Living, and thoroughly involved.

If you "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind," you would keep the Sabbath day He made for us, since He told us to honor it and keep it holy.

If you "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind," and you love your neighbor as you love yourself, you would honor your mother and father. Your parents who teach you and direct you for the purposes of refining you and raising you upright deserve to be respected. When you respect your parents, you also respect your neighbor, because at the very least they are kids of parents.

If you "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind," and you love your neighbor as you love yourself, you would not murder them.

If you "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind," and you love your neighbor as you love yourself, you would not commit adultery on your spouse with another person. You break up at least two homes, and allow those two to break up two (and so on.) It causes chaos for many people - all for an act that is selfish at the root.

If you "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind," and you love your neighbor as you love yourself, you wouldn't stea from them.

If you "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind," and you love your neighbor as you love yourself, you won't give false accounts against them.

If you "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind," and you love your neighbor as you love yourself, you would not covet what they have. You would understand that they, too, are God's creation suceptible to trials in the form of discipline, love, tests and apparent luxuries and troubles. To covet what your neighbor has is to misunderstand the relationship God has with self, and others.

You don't have to follow the 10 commandments if you don't care for the Most High God like that, and He isn't going to force anyone to do it.

Could I ratify what you stated:

If you love God, You will not build any graven/unwholesome images in your mind(in addition to what you stated)

If you love God you will not look at a woman with lust in your eye(Commandment ratified, sermon on the mount)
If you love God, you will not get angry with your brother(commandment ratified, sermon on the mount)
If you love God you will not have impure thoughts/lust(tenth commandment)

If you love God you will love your enemies, those who hate, malign and slander you.(Jesus taught who we must love)

I wonder how many Christians pass those tests to prove they love God with all their heart, body, soul, mind and strength

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
...If you love God, you will not get angry with your brother(commandment ratified, sermon on the mount)...
None of the commandments were "ratified" by the sermon on the mount. They were explained in their already existing and eternal detail. It was just as much sin in the days of Cain to be angry with your brother "without a cause" as it was then:

Matthew 5:22 KJB - But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.​

For notice Jesus:

Mark 3:5 KJB - And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other.​

Now back to Cain:

1 John 3:12 KJB - Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
Back to Genesis:

Genesis 4:5 KJB - But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

Genesis 4:6 KJB - And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?

Genesis 4:7 KJB - If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

Genesis 4:8 KJB - And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.​

Therefore, let there be no pretending that the Law was not spiritual until the sermon on the mount.

• Agree
Upvote 0