listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You need to read it all in context. Vs. 1 says the promise remains to enter that rest, vs. 2 includes Israel in the wilderness into the point and says they heard the gospel. Vs. 3 quotes Psalm 95 which is speaking again of Israel in the wilderness and how they didn't enter the rest (the promised land which will be ruled by King Yeshua in the Millennial Kingdom), and then it continues....the context is clearly the promised land, the fullness of which Israel has NEVER occupied. The promised land is 10X larger than the current nation of Israel but will be inhabited by all of God's Israel (people) in the Millennial Kingdom. That is when the rest comes, that is when we are perfected and will no longer die, get sick, decay... or watch loved ones go through the same. We belong to God NOW... but we are not in that promised rest YET.
No. What Jesus offered is for us today.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
OK. So what. When it come to rest, I've something 7th day observers don't have. I've accepted the invitation Jesus gave in Matthew 11:28-30.

I have Yeshua too and I observe Shabbat. You think that is the scripture that absolves the Sabbath?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, it is your own bias confronted with facts and you lacking an ability to articulate while remaining in harmony with Scripture. To say the OC, which IS THE 10 COMMANDMENTS (again, Deut. 4:13) is the opposite of the NC is saying that whatever is written in the 10... we are to do the opposite. That makes no sense... but just go back to your great explanation and rest there. I am not responding to you on this topic again, this is a waste of time, sorry.
I read the Gospels much differently. They say the law was: not is.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Who said they can't keep some form of the sabbath? Not me. Some here require keeping the sabbath (the law) for salvation. Least you say this isn't true, what then becomes the basis for your requirement? I also want a clear statement for the reason.

Because we love God...we don't keep it for salvation. Yeshua is our salvation.

• Agree
Reactions: woobadooba
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
What happens if you don't observe the sabbath? Do you sin?

If you commit adultery, do not honor your father/mother, you commit murder...do you sin? Now I have a way for forgiveness which we did not have before other than sacrifices.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I ask why does it matter? How can a person murder if they do as Jesus said in John 13:34 or Luke 6:31? Surely no one wants others to murder them.

Exactly! You got it! Good for you! :clap:

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have Yeshua too and I observe Shabbat. You think that is the scripture that absolves the Sabbath?
No. When it comes to rest Jesus offered something the sabbath only symbolizes and doesn't give. There's no NT requiring the keeping of the sabbath or any of the law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Incorrect. violating the law has nothing to do with being under its jurisdiction. If a person doesn't commit adultery because of the law they're ruled by the law.

Exactly what I just said.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The commandments of Jesus.

Which are a condensation of the 10 Commandments...love God and love your neighbor. This involves DOING something, not just saying it. Matthew 25:31-40

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Which are a condensation of the 10 Commandments...love God and love your neighbor. This involves DOING something, not just saying it. Matthew 25:31-40

Actually an expansion of the commandments.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, it is your own bias confronted with facts and you lacking an ability to articulate while remaining in harmony with Scripture. To say the OC, which IS THE 10 COMMANDMENTS (again, Deut. 4:13) is the opposite of the NC is saying that whatever is written in the 10... we are to do the opposite. That makes no sense... but just go back to your great explanation and rest there. I am not responding to you on this topic again, this is a waste of time, sorry.

The law addresses an action, not a non-action. "Do not murder" addresses the act of murder. God doesn't rush into a crowd of peaceful people yelling "THOU SHALT NOT MURDER!" He commands murderers to stop killing each other. So the antithesis, or opposite of murder is what the law, in it's fullness, actually intends in the spirit-led new covenant. How can that law, which deals with murder, promote it's antithesis with yet more murder?

This is a clumsy way of saying it but, the law is concerned with the act of murder, not the absence of murder, or non-murder. So what is the opposite of murder in the new covenant sense. Surely not simply abstaining from murder. If that were the case neither the new covenant or the Holy Spirit are necessary.

Last edited:
Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Who here is saying to steal, commit adultery and murder?

Upvote 0