✟36,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hebrews 4:
Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you
seem to have come short of it.
2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard
did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard.
3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:
So I swore in My wrath, They shall not enter My rest,
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way:
And God rested on the seventh day from all His works;
5 and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”
6 Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached
did not enter because of disobedience,
7 again He designates a certain day, saying in David, Today, after such a long time,
as it has been said: Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts.

8 For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God from His.

Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well said, Monardo. Not only was the Law written upon hearts after the cross, but also before:

[Isa 51:6-7 KJV] 6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished. 7 Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart [is] my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.

Jr

• Friendly
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interestingly, the rabbis teach that Sabbath is the Sabbath Queen, and represents the World to Come. Thus when we set aside one day in seven, working toward this, and easing out of this, we are to also reach for holiness on that day. Removing distractions are surely a strong measure to reach for HaShem, praise be He.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 4:
Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you
seem to have come short of it.
2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them;

An important detail and explains how it is that in Matthew 17 both Moses and Elijah appear with Christ in glory --- before the cross.

6 Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached
did not enter because of disobedience,
7 again He designates a certain day, saying in David, Today, after such a long time,
as it has been said: Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts. .

Remains from when??

remains as it was in the time of David

"He designates a certain day, saying in David, Today, after such a long time,
as it has been said: Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts."

Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0