Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. Revelation 1:4, 5.

If Jesus Christ is the ruler of the kings of the earth, then who has the people risen up against by overthrowing the thrones of kings, to establish democracy under the guise of liberty?

Proverbs 21:1 The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord,
as the rivers of water: he turns it to whatever he will.

Can this statement be made of an elected ruler, much less an installed tyrant, or is this the work of lawlessness that leads to iniquity?

Psalms 94:
20 Shall the throne of iniquity, which devises evil by law,
Have fellowship with You?
21 They gather together against the life of the righteous,
And condemn innocent blood.

Has the throne of iniquity been established that will ultimately come against and overthrow the righteous?

Proverbs 16:10 A divine sentence is in the lips of the king:
his mouth transgresses not in judgment.

Many leaders have professed to have faith in Christ, but can
a divine sentence be given and be without transgression?
By what measure can we apply ourselves to this deliberation?
Is it not in the treatment of the Father's special people!

Isaiah 10:
1 Woe to those who decree unrighteous decrees,
Who writes misfortune they have prescribed.

2 To rob the needy of justice,
And to take what is right from the poor of My people,
That widows may be their prey,
And that they may rob the fatherless.

Last edited:

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Jesus Christ is the ruler of the kings of the earth, then who has the
people risen up against by overthrowing the thrones of kings, to
establish democracy under the guise of liberty?

Here 'kings' in this verse in revelations refers not to a hereditary monarch only, but to all national leaders, no matter their official title.

We read that no matter that humans imagine their king as a great king...a great leader... that only Christ alone is the one true ruler. The only true king worthy to be king over all of us.

So, it's only right that we read soon in Revelation:

10 the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:

11“You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being.”

For only God is worthy of all glory:

Revelation 19:1 After this I heard a sound like the roar of a great multitude in heaven, shouting: "Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God!

Human kings happened for a reason....

God said what humans wanting a king signified in 1rst Samuel. (chapter 8, verses 6-7) It's because most humans reject God that the people want a human king.

To write about human kings with full awareness of how human kings tend to evil, it's best to have read Judges for context (how God raises up leaders without any human king needed), 1rst and 2nd Samuel (to learn about kings), 1rst and 2nd Kings (to learn how evil most kings are naturally).
What you see just for example in 1rst Chronicles 10:13-14 isn't exceptional or unusual, but normal we see as we read through about all the kings. Generally the kings of the Earth led the peoples into greater evils.

A king like David or Hezekiah is exceptional.

So, the summary from God Himself in in 1rst Samuel chapter 8 we learn the most key thing about human kings.

6 But when they said, “Give us a king to lead us,” this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the Lord.

7 And the Lord told him: “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king."

So, it's good and right that America has been blessed for the efforts of many of its people to worship God and do what is right, for most of our history as a nation.

• Informative
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
So far as monarchs are concerned, God said what humans wanting a king signified in 1rst Samuel. (chapter 8) It's because most humans reject God that the people want a human king.
I am very familiar with the Samuel narrative, and that
the people of Israel asking for a king was seen as a rebellion
against God. We later find though that God loved David,
and establishes his throne for the Messiah on earth.
What is more interesting to the overall discussion are
the other scriptures provided, written by Solomon, about the nature of the relationship between God and a king.
Let's not forget this prophecy.

Genesis 35:
And God said to him, “Your name is Jacob; your name shall not be called Jacob anymore, but Israel shall be your name.” So He called his name Israel.
11 Also God said to him: “I am God Almighty. Be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall proceed from you, and kings shall come from your body.

This topic is made more complex with the possible relationship between hereditary kings and the fulfillment of this prophecy.

I appreciate the time you took to give such a thorough answer and I am nowhere near finished considering every point. I just wanted to respond tonight, and share these
thoughts. Let's keep digging!

Last edited:
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, the promise to make nations from the line of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob. And not only servants, that is not only just a part of a population, but entire nations, from the lowest to the highest of them, which helps illustrate this is more than only to have children, but to truly make nations from him/his children.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, the promise to make nations from the line of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob. And not only servants, that is not only just a part of a population, but entire nations, from the lowest to the highest of them, which helps illustrate this is more than only to have children, but to truly make nations from him/his children.
How prophetic it is that the Lord raised both Joseph
and Daniel from bondage to rule empires!
And yet He led Moses from a King's palace,
where I have no doubt he learned all the
wisdom of Joseph, to shepherd His people Israel.
I was thinking about Queen Esther last night.
Her story ends in the scriptures when the plans
of Haman are foiled. Yet she was a young and
beautiful Queen of the broadest empire on earth
at that time. By Jewish geneology, children of
a Jewish mother are Jewish. (see Timothy).
We have yet to discover the kings who came
from her loins. How the Lord has worked all
these great and precious promises into the
fabric of mankind is a wonderful mystery,
being revealed, and continuing to be revealed...
IN CHRIST.
James

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. Revelation 1:4, 5.

If Jesus Christ is the ruler of the kings of the earth, then who has the people risen up against by overthrowing the thrones of kings, to establish democracy under the guise of liberty?

Proverbs 21:1 The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord,
as the rivers of water: he turns it to whatever he will.

Can this statement be made of an elected ruler, much less an installed tyrant, or is this the work of lawlessness that leads to iniquity?

Psalms 94:
20 Shall the throne of iniquity, which devises evil by law,
Have fellowship with You?
21 They gather together against the life of the righteous,
And condemn innocent blood.

Has the throne of iniquity been established that will ultimatelycome against and overthrow the righteous?

Proverbs 16:10 A divine sentence is in the lips of the king:
his mouth transgresses not in judgment.

Many leaders have professed to have faith in Christ, but can
a divine sentence be given and be without transgression?
By what measure can we apply ourselves to this deliberation?
Is it not in the treatment of the Father's special people!

Isaiah 10:
1 Woe to those who decree unrighteous decrees,
Who writes misfortune they have prescribed.

2 To rob the needy of justice,
And to take what is right from the poor of My people,
That widows may be their prey,
And that they may rob the fatherless.

As we have seen, the world belongs to God, both by Creation and by Redemption. But we mustn’t forget, either, the reality of satan, the reality of the great controversy (dispute/war between satan and God), and the reality of satan’s attempt to take control over all that he possibly can.

Even though, after the Cross, satan's defeat was made certain, he’s not going down quietly or gently. His wrath and destructive power, though limited to a degree by God in ways that we certainly don’t fully understand now, must never be underestimated.

We mustn’t forget, either, that however often issues may come to us in shades of gray, the ultimate battle boils down to only two forces: Christ and satan. There is no middle ground. And, as we know, so much of this world falls under the banner of the wrong side. Is it any wonder, then, that the world is so damaged?

Read John 12:31, 14:30, 16:11, Ephesians 2:2, 6:12. Important truth about the reality and power of the evil one is found in these texts.

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't tell an unbeliever that Jesus currently rules as King of Kings. One could say they want nothing to do with Jesus simply by looking at the condition of this world. I would say the demons rule the world.
In psalm 110 we are told Jesus rules in the MIDST of His enemies.
As the gospel spreads worldwide these enemies are being subdued.

Upvote 0

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The gospel isn't subduing 'these enemies'. Psalm 110 refers to Christ as prophet, priest, and king. A day is coming when Christ WILL put down all enemies, principalities and powers that oppose him. Christ 'completely' subdues his enemies only after he returns in power and glory and establishes his kingdom.

Mal 4:3 KJV - 3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

Verses from Mathew, Mark, Luke, and Acts...

Mathew 22:44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Mark 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Luke 20:43 Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Acts 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

This wasn't done immediately after Jesus' ascension.

Mathew Henry "All his enemies are now in a chain, but not yet made his footstool. This the apostle observes. Heb. 2:8, We see not yet all things put under him. Christ himself must wait for the completing of his victories and triumphs."
Correct...it is a long term process as described in the parable of the mustard seed.
It starts small and grows worldwide

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums