• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

The ruler of this world coming, judged, cast out

Discussion in 'Christian Scriptures' started by LittleLambofJesus, Jun 25, 2018.

1. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus PESKY DEVIL! GIT! l SAID GIT! Supporter

+28,318
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    These verses intrigue me and would like to bring them up to discuss.

John 12:31
    Now judging is of this world, now this the ruler/chief of the world, shall be being cast out outside
    John 14:30
    Not much longer I shall be speaking to ye, for is coming the ruler/chief of the world and in Me not he having nothing
    John 16:11
    about yet judging, because the ruler/chief of this world has been judged.

758. archon ar'-khone present participle of 757; a first (in rank or power):--chief (ruler), magistrate, prince, ruler.
    Strong's Number G758 matches the Greek ἄρχων (archōn), which occurs 37 times in 36 verses

Using an interlinear, the exact form of the word G#758 that is used in the above verses is used in only 8 verses, the last one being:

Reve 1:5
    and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the first-born from *out of* the dead, and the Ruler of the kings of the land.
    To Him who is loving us, and *washing/loosing us from *out of* our sins in the blood of Him

will continue on next post........

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. drjean

drjean Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,406
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    :) Are we going into The Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven with this :) ?

3. Southernscotty

Southernscotty Well-Known Member Supporter Angels Team

+9,392
    United States
    Baptist
    Celibate
    The ruler of this world has already been defeated, he is a roaring lion that has been defanged at the cross. he only has the power that is given to him by people willing to give in to it.
    A child of God has authority over him through Jesus Christ and the shed blood that was shed for our sin atonement.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. LittleLambofJesus

+28,318
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I can probably guarantee that.
    Stay tuned ehehe. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. LittleLambofJesus

+28,318
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    :amen: :angel:
    Defanged...... nice ehehe

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  6. drjean

drjean Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,406
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Yea but he's resorted to sucking the energy out of us :(

• Prayers Prayers x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. LittleLambofJesus

+28,318
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Each verse shows a different stage of events for this ruler.
    John 12:31 has "cast out".

There are many different forms of G1544 and I would like to distinguish between them.

Unfortunately, the form of G1544 that John uses in this verse is used only 1 time.
    Gotta go deeper I guess........
    1544. ekballo ek-bal'-lo from 1537 and 906; to eject (literally or figuratively):--bring forth, cast (forth, out), drive (out), expel, leave, pluck (pull, take, thrust) out, put forth (out), send away (forth, out).
    Strong's Number G1544 matches the Greek ἐκβάλλω (ekballō),which occurs 96 times in 76 verses

I am trying to find similar greek words that John uses.
    So I will put up the 1st one I found.

This form of G1544 is also used in just 1 verse:
    Who are the sons of the kingdom?

Now this is very interesting. G1544 is used only 1 time in all of Revelation!
    I have never noticed that:
    And except for 3 times used in the Gospels [concerning casting out the beam from eye], that form of the word in Revelation 11:2 is in Galatians 4:30
    Any comments on this? Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  8. LittleLambofJesus

+28,318
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    All 3 verses mention "of the world".

It appears the the equivalent Hebrew word of #G2889 is #H8398
    1st time used in OT:
    Last time used:
    Now let's look at the NT:

kosmos kos'-mos probably from the base of 2865;
    orderly arrangement, i.e. decoration; by implication, the world (in a wide or narrow sense, including its inhabitants, literally or figuratively (morally)):--adorning, world.
    Strong's Number G2889 matches the Greek κόσμος (kosmos),which occurs 186 times in 151 verses

Of the 151 verses the word#2889 occurs in the NT, it is used in only 3 verses in the book of Revelation!!!! To me, that is astounding.
    Here they are:
    2 of those verses occurs with the "THE BOOK OF THE LIFE" and the "Beast"
    Using a concordance, one can find where it occurs in the rest of the verses:

Genesis 1:1 (KJV)

Of the 151 times #G2889 is used, John uses that word an astounding 75 times in the Gospels and Epistles.
    2nd place goes to 1 Corinthians, 17 times

9 times in Matthew
    3 times in Mark:
    3 times in Luke:
    58 times in John:
    1 time in Acts:
    9 times in Romans:
    17 times in 1 Corin
    17 times 1John

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  9. LittleLambofJesus

+28,318
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    It appears that the ruler is coming to Him in person. It doesn't say when or how.

2064. erchomai er'-khom-ahee middle voice of a primary verb (used only in the present and imperfect tenses, the others being supplied by a kindred (middle voice) eleuthomai el-yoo'-thom-ahee, or (active) eltho el'-tho, which do not otherwise occur) to come or go (in a great variety of applications, literally and figuratively):--accompany, appear, bring, come, enter, fall out, go, grow, X light, X next, pass, resort, be set.
    Strong's Number G2064 matches the Greek ἔρχομαι (erchomai),
    which occurs 665 times in 604 verses

1st time used in NT.
    [Ironic that it is used at the BIRTH of Jesus then concerning His 2ND COMING. Interesting]

KJV)
    Last time:

#2064 is used in 32 verses in Revelation, out of 604 verses.

1st time used Revelation:
    KJV)
    Last time
    ...................for is coming/ercetai ἔρχεται<2064> the ruler/chief of the world

The exact form of #G2064 as used in John 14:30 is used in only 2 verses in Revelation
    Now this is interesting. It shows it with the 3rd "woe"
    The next post, I will quote some verses outside of Revelation with that exact word form, the LORD willing.

[​IMG]

10. LittleLambofJesus

+28,318
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I found some verses that may tie into John 14:30:

The Betrayal of Jesus
    (Matthew 26:47-56; Mark 14:43; Luke 22:47-53; John 18:1-14)

Only John and Luke mention the Devil, Satan at the last supper event

John 13:2
    The evening meal was underway, and the Devil had already put into the heart of Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, to betray Jesus.

Luke 22:
    3 Then Satan entered Judas, surnamed Iscariot, who was numbered among the twelve.

John 14:30
    Not much longer I shall be speaking to ye, for is coming/ercetai ἔρχεται<2064> the ruler/chief of the world
    and in Me not he having nothing

Then comes His great discourse in John chapters 14,15,16, and 17.............After that:

John 18:
    3 Judas, therefore, having taken the band and officers out of the Chief priests and Pharisees,
    doth come/ercetai ἔρχεται<2064> thither with torches and lamps, and weapons;

Will continue with this on the next post.........