• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I leave what I have in common with other people...

• ...last

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ...in the back of my mind

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ...written down somewhere

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • ...in places where I share them with other people

• ...in a book written in Heaven

• ...in the heart of Christ (by faith)

• Total voters

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So I just want to work something out for myself, with regard to the Holy Spirit, in mental health. I take myself as an example and question what it is that caused me to have a mental health condition. What the Spirit says to me, is that "I advised that you develop a mental health condition, for the sake of the strength it would give you - in your case specifically, that you would have a working mindset: your ability to think about things from every perspective at once, in God, will be a far greater asset than simply taking things for granted" That is quite a statement, don't you think?

The point is, that there is a balance, and there is something that tips the balance: the mind's image is what the balance is for, and how much the image affects the balance is what needs to suppressed. So the function of the balance changes from weighing one image or another and instead lumps them all together, in a broader perspective. This perspective then, being broad is weak, and strength can be perfected in it, for that weakness. All this is a very technical way of saying I overlook certain things mentally, that I normally would not, so as to focus on something the Holy Spirit said will benefit me.

Consequently, I do not trust the image my mind creates and as a schizophrenic, I compound that doubt, in a way that makes me emotionally volatile. Volatility combined with a more general instability of concept, means that i process information very quickly, but also in a very shallow way. Nothing of which is a surprise to the Holy Spirit, but instead is an opportunity for Him to bring glory to Christ that my retention is a lot higher than it normally would be, that my mind dreams up things that will create a strong memory, rather than things that need a great deal of thought and that may not turn out to be all that memorable.

I suppose what God sees is that His Children are different, but that certain ones of His Children are even rarer still. I feel privileged then that I have been set apart to use my mind in a way that others do not and that it focusses me on my purpose all the greater, as concerns memory. Over time I will develop a strong sense of closure and the memories I have gathered will be a true treasure. What I am learning from sharing this, is that the purity of my memories is something I should lean into, that I should seek to be holy, for my Lord's sake, even if I do have schizophrenia. That is something I share with other people, and should be the basis of my sanity.

The Holy Spirit is pleased with this, I can only imagine that it serves the greater good of the Gospel - that Jesus have praise. Listen to the Holy Spirit, but if you have a mental health condition listen specifically to what He says you have in common with other people - you need that to start putting your sanity together.

God bless.

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,116.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

So I just want to work something out for myself, with regard to the Holy Spirit, in mental health. I take myself as an example and question what it is that caused me to have a mental health condition. What the Spirit says to me, is that "I advised that you develop a mental health condition, for the sake of the strength it would give you - in your case specifically, that you would have a working mindset: your ability to think about things from every perspective at once, in God, will be a far greater asset than simply taking things for granted" That is quite a statement, don't you think?

The point is, that there is a balance, and there is something that tips the balance: the mind's image is what the balance is for, and how much the image affects the balance is what needs to suppressed. So the function of the balance changes from weighing one image or another and instead lumps them all together, in a broader perspective. This perspective then, being broad is weak, and strength can be perfected in it, for that weakness. All this is a very technical way of saying I overlook certain things mentally, that I normally would not, so as to focus on something the Holy Spirit said will benefit me.

Consequently, I do not trust the image my mind creates and as a schizophrenic, I compound that doubt, in a way that makes me emotionally volatile. Volatility combined with a more general instability of concept, means that i process information very quickly, but also in a very shallow way. Nothing of which is a surprise to the Holy Spirit, but instead is an opportunity for Him to bring glory to Christ that my retention is a lot higher than it normally would be, that my mind dreams up things that will create a strong memory, rather than things that need a great deal of thought and that may not turn out to be all that memorable.

I suppose what God sees is that His Children are different, but that certain ones of His Children are even rarer still. I feel privileged then that I have been set apart to use my mind in a way that others do not and that it focusses me on my purpose all the greater, as concerns memory. Over time I will develop a strong sense of closure and the memories I have gathered will be a true treasure. What I am learning from sharing this, is that the purity of my memories is something I should lean into, that I should seek to be holy, for my Lord's sake, even if I do have schizophrenia. That is something I share with other people, and should be the basis of my sanity.

The Holy Spirit is pleased with this, I can only imagine that it serves the greater good of the Gospel - that Jesus have praise. Listen to the Holy Spirit, but if you have a mental health condition listen specifically to what He says you have in common with other people - you need that to start putting your sanity together.

God bless.
It's all in the mind...(battle is a spiritual one)...As in Ephesians.."that our struggle is against the spiritual forces of the heavenly realms"..

The Holy Spirit create a new image in our mind and transform a person's life...
..."Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transform by the renewing of your mind"....

• Prayers
Reactions: Gottservant
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We truly need to 'think God's thoughts' as is often said. That comes from the Word of God; and we need to be careful of how Satan puts thoughts in our mind to draw us away from God and His "Word of Truth" (our Holy Bible). We find ALL wisdom and knowledge of life and truth in the Bible, so we must not let reasoning supplant that. Every thought we have is NOT from God, for Satan is always whispering in our mind to deceive us. When we have questions about life and purpose, let us go to God in prayer and His Word (note John 14; etc.).

• Prayers
Reactions: Gottservant
Upvote 0