enroute
✟1,402,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There is wondrous technology in the world today. So much so, that the children born today will forget how to chop wood and haul water. Of course, no one is thinking about what happens when the lights go out.Everything is computerized and making the world more and more dependent upon the ethereal.There are even technology to clean your teeth. LOL! I think technology is cool, but I wanted to throw this out there to see what you guys see on the horizon regarding the high technology that we are experiencing.

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
world-have-a-generation-of-idiots-1.jpg

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Electromagnetic pulse weapons are being developed also. This could throw everyone into the dark ages if is used on a large area.

Yes I have heard about this and there seems to be a number of ways that this could happen , including sun flares and nukes exploding at a certain height above a country.

Upvote 0

ivebeenshown

Expert invisible poster and thread killer
Apr 27, 2010
✟17,740.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I strongly believe that the image of the beast will be an artificial quantum intelligence, operating via a global distributed and decentralized architecture. I also believe the mark of the beast will be a biomechanical integration of some sort with this intelligence. I believe the premise will be along these lines:

"The world is unstable, water and food are at an all time short, weather is extreme and unendurable. The sky is our limit if we surrender the most primitive parts of ourselves. We must rid ourselves of religion, for example. Integrate and be saved."

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Coronal Mass Ejection, sunstrike that is so comprehensively prophesied to fulfil God's Day of vengeance and wrath, will completely obliterate all electric systems. It will be years, if ever that we could get back to where we are at present.
Fire judgement Isaiah 30:26, Malachi 4:1, Isaiah 66:15-16
Hebrews10:27..the terrifying judgement of a fierce fire, that will consume God’s enemies.
2 Peter 3:7 By the Word of God, the present heavens and earth are being reserved for burning; they are being kept until the Day of judgement when the godless will be destroyed. Matthew 3:10-12, Isaiah 34:2-3

The Apostles are telling us the next time that the Lord will judge it will be with fire. In the days of Noah, He judged with water and the rainbow is His promise that He will never again flood the earth. It is awful to think it, but there are a great many prophecies that describe this coming fire judgement. Spiritually, it is only when fire comes: consuming the sins of ourselves and of nations, that we fall down and proclaim ‘the Lord, He is our God’. Literally, it will be the way that He will destroy His enemies, in this coming confrontation in the Middle East and throughout the world.

This terrible and shocking event, will be so severe that every person will be revealed for what they really are. This crisis will show the real nature of the worlds enmity against God. At the same time it will reveal the true condition of every Christian. 1 Cor. 3:13 Many of us are well fed, enjoying a very comfortable lifestyle and can sing Hallelujah, Amen, with great fervour, but when the terrifying fire judgement hits the earth, will we stand firm in our trust for His protection? When electric power fails, when all telephone, radio and internet communications are destroyed, food supplies cut off and armed gangs roam the streets? Isaiah 24:10-13

Isaiah 29:13-14 Because this people worship Me with empty words and pay Me lip service while their hearts are far from Me and their religion is but a human precept, learned by rote: therefore I shall shock them, adding shock to shock, The wisdom of their wise will vanish and understanding will be lost.

A very large percentage of the Bible is a message to us, today in the end times. Most of the events, such as the Exodus and the history of the Israelites are precursors of what we will now experience. 1 Corinthians 10:11 We must learn from them and act according to the lessons learnt. Although I am not a theologian, I can read plain words, words that mean things and unless you ignore or allegorize what the prophets are trying to tell us, then a literal understanding will enlighten us as to what will soon happen to this world.
I do not subscribe to the tendentious theory, which says that God’s people are going to be ‘raptured’ and removed from the earth before this time of trial comes. The whole message of salvation, of discipleship, and coming into the maturity of a Christian is a preparation for a time of testing.

1 Corinthians 10:13 So far you have faced no trial beyond human endurance. God will not test you beyond your powers, but when the test comes he will enable you to endure under it.
John 17:15 Jesus prayed: I do not pray that You take them out of this world, but that You protect them from the evil one.

Luke 21:34-36 Be on your guard, keep alert, so that the great Day does not catch you unready, for that Day will come on everyone the whole world over. Pray for the strength to pass through all that is coming and then to stand in His presence.

Acts 14:22....that to enter the Kingdom of God, we must undergo many hardships.
Ref: REB, some verses abridged

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I strongly believe that the image of the beast will be an artificial quantum intelligence, operating via a global distributed and decentralized architecture. I also believe the mark of the beast will be a biomechanical integration of some sort with this intelligence. I believe the premise will be along these lines:

"The world is unstable, water and food are at an all time short, weather is extreme and unendurable. The sky is our limit if we surrender the most primitive parts of ourselves. We must rid ourselves of religion, for example. Integrate and be saved."

You are probably right here. It will be the great lie, the great deception. People are being desensitized to it right now, so that when it comes, they will think it is normal and practical. And people who see, will be killed because they sound the alarm.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Tina W

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona, USA
✟20,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
If we lost all of technology from some kind of solar flare or EMP blast the world would become a different place. That is a very scary thought because people do not know how to get along without technology. People don't know how to grow their own food or hunt and things like that. Suddenly the people who used to be thought of as lower class like farmers and hunters etc will become the smartest ones and most sought after people. They will become the important people in high demand. People will need to learn from them. The barter system will come back and people will need to walk everywhere or use horses again because cars won't work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If we lost all of technology from some kind of solar flare or EMP blast the world would become a different place. That is a very scary thought because people do not know how to get along without technology. People don't know how to grow their own food or hunt and things like that. Suddenly the people who used to be thought of as lower class like farmers and hunters etc will become the smartest ones and most sought after people. They will become the important people in high demand. People will need to learn from them. The barter system will come back and people will need to walk everywhere or use horses again because cars won't work.

Yes you are right. Who knows how to dig a well anymore? Cities will be most dangerous.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This discovery is more in the area of biotechnology, science and health. In the millennium, our children will need not worry about dying early, ageing and cancer.

Who wants to live forever? Scientist sees aging cured
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ageing-cure-idUSTRE7632ID20110704

Scientists Discover the Secret to Keeping Cells Young
http://time.com/3841620/scientists-discover-the-secret-to-keeping-cells-young/

Have scientists found the key to eternal life? Discovery of how to switch off ageing process in worms could lead to mechanism being delayed in humans
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3172594/It-s-downhill-hit-puberty-Researchers-pinpoint-exactly-bodies-start-age.html

How Silicon Valley is trying to cure ageing
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-Silicon-Valley-is-trying-to-cure-ageing.html

The Cure For Aging: Google Plunks Massive Investment In Solving Death
http://www.medicaldaily.com/cure-aging-google-plunks-massive-investment-solving-death-301388

Life in the new millennium during Christ's reign on earth: Isaiah 65:17-25. As we see prophecy coming to pass, you know His return is not too far off.

Unfortunately death will still be around because death is the last enemy Christ will defeat during the millennium: 1 Corinthians 15:26, but my guess is many will live above 900 years of age as it was in the first millennium. However, those of us who will be rapture will live the entire millennium due to our new body.

Isaiah 65:17-25 NKJV
17 “For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth;
And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.
18 But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create;
For behold, I create Jerusalem as a rejoicing,
And her people a joy.
19 I will rejoice in Jerusalem,
And joy in My people;
The voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in her,
Nor the voice of crying.
20 “No more shall an infant from there live but a few days,
Nor an old man who has not fulfilled his days;
For the child shall die one hundred years old,
But the sinner being one hundred years old shall be accursed.

21 They shall build houses and inhabit them;
They shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
22 They shall not build and another inhabit;
They shall not plant and another eat;
For as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people,
And My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23 They shall not labor in vain,
Nor bring forth children for trouble;
For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the Lord,
And their offspring with them.
24 “It shall come to pass
That before they call, I will answer;
And while they are still speaking, I will hear.
25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together,
The lion shall eat straw like the ox,
And dust shall be the serpent’s food.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,”
Says the Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This discovery is more in the area of biotechnology, science and health. In the millennium, our children will need not worry about dying early, ageing and cancer.

Oh Wow! Those are interesting articles. Thanks! Great find! I hope everyone will get a chance to read them. I have to wonder though if this biotechnology mentioned will have something to do with this passage of scripture.
Rev. 9:6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

I have often wondered about this passage. But reading these articles sheds some light into how it will be possible with man's version of eternal life. Yes, during the Millennium we definitely see long life restored, but death will be around until it is cast into the lake of fire after the thousand years.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oops! I forgot to post links of articles on the cure for cancer yesterday. The future looks bright. Number one reason is because Jesus is returning.

By 2050 no one under 80 will be dying from cancer, study says
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/hea...-80-will-be-dying-from-cancer-study-says.html

Cancer deaths will be eliminated for all under 80 by 2050, new research predicts
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...0s-by-2050-new-research-predicts-9976263.html

Doctor: A cure for cancer is on its way
http://www.cnbc.com/2015/07/01/doctor-a-cure-for-cancer-is-on-its-way.html

Have scientists finally found a cancer cure? GM algae KILLS 90 per cent of cancerous cells
http://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...cerous-cells-but-leaves-healthy-ones-unharmed

Cure for cancer might accidentally have been found, and it could be malaria
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...n-found-and-it-could-be-malaria-a6693601.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tina W

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona, USA
✟20,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh Wow! Those are interesting articles. Thanks! Great find! I hope everyone will get a chance to read them. I have to wonder though if this biotechnology mentioned will have something to do with this passage of scripture.
Rev. 9:6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

I have often wondered about this passage. But reading these articles sheds some light into how it will be possible with man's version of eternal life. Yes, during the Millennium we definitely see long life restored, but death will be around until it is cast into the lake of fire after the thousand years.

Yes I always wondered that too when I read that passage. I wondered if that had something to do with medical technology in the future.

Upvote 0

Brother T

Dec 27, 2015
La Crosse, Kansas
✟7,987.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One thing worth remembering is if the world is thrown into darkness, then the evil ones are in the dark also.

I expect to be Raptured out before the tribulation and then the anti-christ will use the technology for his purposes.

It is scary but a sobering reminder that we need to look to Christ for support and comfort.

BTW, I have made several preparations in case the rapture lingers. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0