Helena
✟203,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I have to wonder if things would be very different (not necessarily in a bad way) if God chose to design sex independent of marriage.

It'd be empty.
just breeding, like animals.
I keep telling you the intercourse act is not the thing to be desired, it's a small part, it's the love intimacy, acceptance, and family that is the things God wanted people to have.

Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I have to wonder if things would be very different (not necessarily in a bad way) if God chose to design sex independent of marriage.

It would make it worst for men. Marriage enabled more men to get into intimate relationships. In fact, less men are are able to get women because marriage has eroded, there are small number of males monopolizing the dating market and more guys ending up empty and it was probably easier for guys in generations earlier than today. Anything that undermines or negates the institution of marriage means there are more incel guys. It would just benefit women more than guys.

Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
It'd be empty.
I keep telling you the intercourse act is not the thing to be desired, it's a small part, it's the love intimacy, acceptance, and family that is the things God wanted people to have.

No it would not in the hypothetical case. It's empty because God did not design it that way. If He did design it that way then it would not be empty. But like you said, people in society are doing what they want to do regardless of how He designed it, and in so doing, are feeling empty.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It would make it worst for men. Marriage enabled more men to get into intimate relationships. In fact, less men are are able to get women because marriage has eroded, there are small number of males monopolizing the dating market and more guys ending up empty and it was probably easier for guys in generations earlier than today. Anything that undermines or negates the institution of marriage means there are more incel guys. It would just benefit women more than guys.

Yup, untethering sex from marriage is why this is even an issue, it's bad for both men and women really. For men, there's more lonely men, for women, there's more single mothers and abortions.
it's broken hearts all around.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟106,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It'd be empty.
It is not necessarily the most important thing, but is there really anything wrong with desiring it either?

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟106,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
At least if you separate marriage and sex you might be less frustrated because of the guilt and pressure of needing to get married first.

We could also make the argument that when one group of people exclusively gets to participate in a certain act or activity, that would be creating a class, but I digress.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟106,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yup, untethering sex from marriage is why this is even an issue, it's bad for both men and women really. For men, there's more lonely men, for women, there's more single mothers and abortions.
it's broken hearts all around.
At least a single mother still counts for having had some experience than none at all, even if it was more on the negative side.

I wonder if some men started to question or dislike their gender role in light of current reality.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It is not necessarily the most important thing, but is there really anything wrong with desiring it either?

Out of proper context, yes. When you distill it down to you want that one specific thing and aren't valuing everything else surrounding it it's not good.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
At least a single mother still counts for having had some experience than none at all, even if it was more on the negative side.

I wonder if some men started to question or dislike their gender role in light of current reality.

Valuing the sex act too high.
What she has experience in is struggling to raise her family and sacrificing her own happiness for her children.

Nothing except what God actually designed in the context of how God created and intended it to be, is a good thing.

Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
At least if you separate marriage and sex you might be less frustrated because of the guilt and pressure of needing to get married first.

We could also make the argument that when one group of people exclusively gets to participate in a certain act or activity, that would be creating a class, but I digress.

I dont feel frustrated by that so I cant relate with that arguement. At least you can get married in the first place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

You envy the experiece of those who had sex even if they are not married? That does not go into the empty sex category plus a child she probably thought of aborting but was talked out of it?

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Curious, how come we see only pretty much the same 2 people (or 3 tops) participating in this conversation?

Because none of the people participating have avatars, and it's basically distilled into 2 sides.
1 side that sees marriage and sexuality as products of the fall and sees singleness and celibacy as the more holy ideal
and the other side that sees marriage and sexuality as existing before the fall and what God actually intended as ideal.
and then the monkey wrench gets thrown in that suggests God changed His mind about it around the time of Jesus' ministry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟185,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You just added yourself by making that post. Guess the ladies must be scared off.

Yeah, I've noticed the single ladies aren't participating. Would like to hear their input. :)

I guess there's something cringy about the 3-words "lonely single man", that sounds kind of pathetic?

I am guessing they can't relate to men, as women never yearn for a partner the way men do.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I've noticed the single ladies aren't participating. Would like to hear their input. :)

I guess there's something cringy about the 3-words "lonely single man", that sounds kind of pathetic?

I am guessing they can't relate to men, as women never yearn for a partner the way men do.

I wouldn't go that far, it's more these days women have more or less the final say and choice so they get to set the standards for partners.

Reactions: Juan777
Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Honestly, I don't see single ladies participate in any of these types of threads. There was another thread where a lady who got married was posting but her posts were totally out of sync so there is just too much of a disconnect. They can just go online and find someone or get out there and meet someone.

This thread as it stands has over 1636 views and is one of the most heavily viewed threads for three participants.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.