Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
So I should just forget about finding happiness altogether? What kind of faith is that?

Word of faith and/or prosperity theology does not teach that. They say God created Adam in the first place to be happy not be sad. Jesus came to give us abundant life while the thief comes to steal, kill and destroy. There are different types of minsets within Christianity.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟145,229.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When a person has an unmet need (and I would argue that love and companionship are needs not just wants) they tend not to be able to focus on "the silver lining".
Try telling a man dying of thirst and hunger and heat stroke in the desert that "you know what? this landscape is really quite pretty when you look at it, the sun is shining, the rocks are all shades of yellows and pinks and oranges, it's like a Bob Ross paining but done by the hand of God"
Visit "request for Christian advice" subforum or subforum for married Christians. You will see all kinds of crazy problems and issues they must deal with.
Only 3 of 10 marriages are more or less happy for a longer period of time. Christian marriages are less successful than the marriages of atheists, because except all the possible problems under the sun they must deal also with doctrinal/church problems. Look at how many "divorced" Christians are here on the forums.

You idealize romantic love and marriage. Maybe you also idealize what a woman can give you.

Also, its not a real need as thirst or hunger, you will not die not having it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Show me biblically where everyone has Guardian angels, but even if true, more invisible intangibles you can't hold a conversation with, and couldn't give you a hug even if you were on the verge of tears and need one.

Google search these key verses:

Angel of the Lord encampeth around those who fear Him

He shall give his angles charge over thee lest thou dash thy foot against a stone

He sent forth ministering spirits heirs of salvation

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Google search these key verses:

Angel of the Lord encampeth around those who fear Him

He shall give his angles charge over thee lest thou dash thy foot against a stone

He sent forth ministering spirits heirs of salvation

the second was about Jesus specifically. Satan actually quoted that one to Jesus.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Visit "request for Christian advice" subforum or subforum for married Christians. You will see all kinds of crazy problems and issues they must deal with.
Only 3 of 10 marriages are more or less happy for a longer period of time. Christian marriages are less successful than the marriages of atheists, because except all the possible problems under the sun they must deal also with doctrinal/church problems. Look at how many "divorced" Christians are here on the forums.

You idealize romantic love and marriage. Maybe you also idealize what a woman can give you.

Also, its not a real need as thirst or hunger, you will not die not having it.

Yes, we live in a broken world, and marriages in it are not what God had in mind when He created marriage, before the world was broken.

and love and companionship are real needs, they've isolated baby monkeys after they were born and they just died.
they were fed, they were sheltered and protected, but they just died.

Reactions: Juan777
Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes, we live in a broken world, and marriages in it are not what God had in mind when He created marriage, before the world was broken.

and love and companionship are real needs, they've isolated baby monkeys after they were born and they just died.

You are not isolated though. You have Jesus, your church and natural family and people dont hate you.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
the second was about Jesus specifically. Satan actually quoted that one to Jesus.

Angels have delivered people from trouble. You dont believe in angels? Who is stopping the devil from directly attacking us then in a paranormal sense? Is it not our angels warding off the bad spirits?

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟185,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When a person has an unmet need (and I would argue that love and companionship are needs not just wants) they tend not to be able to focus on "the silver lining".
Try telling a man dying of thirst and hunger and heat stroke in the desert that "you know what? this landscape is really quite pretty when you look at it, the sun is shining, the rocks are all shades of yellows and pinks and oranges, it's like a Bob Ross paining but done by the hand of God"

Dude, you hit the nail on the head! lol

• Agree
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You are not isolated though. You have Jesus, your church and natural family and people dont hate you.

hate me no, they tolerate me.
but it's not the same as love and acceptance.
Love and acceptance would mean, they invite you along for things, want you to be around them, and when you go missing, they look for you. I suppose Jesus does all those things, but again, invisible and intangible, you look at your home, or your room, and it's empty aside from yourself still.
Tolerate is, well, you have to invite yourself along, and they won't kick you out, but also won't seek you out, and if you go missing? "Well they'll turn up sometime" or in the church sense they'll even assume the worst about you "oh, well, you know what it says, they went out from us because they were not of us". Reality is, you never really know people you tolerate, only people you love.

You can be surrounded by people who tolerate you, and still feel isolated. You're actually more conscious of your isolation than when you're truly the only person in the room, because at least then, you don't have the ability to compare yourselves to others who are in the church, clustered with their families and friends, you know the people they actually love and accept, vs you, the guy they tolerate.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Angels have delivered people from trouble. You dont believe in angels? Who is stopping the devil from directly attacking us then in a paranormal sense? Is it not our angels warding off the bad spirits?

You say this like spiritual warfare is not a daily occurrence in the body of Christ. Sure, demons cannot possess the blood bought, but they can hound them and try to influence them and tempt them and make them miserable.
What's the first thing that happened to Jesus after He was baptized and received the Holy Spirit?
He fasted and went into the wilderness and the devil himself tempted Him.
a servant is not greater than His master, if the devil comes after Jesus filled with the Holy Spirit? He comes after us too.

• Agree
Reactions: Juan777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
You say this like spiritual warfare is not a daily occurrence in the body of Christ. Sure, demons cannot possess the blood bought, but they can hound them and try to influence them and tempt them and make them miserable.

Are they succeeding in doing that with you (ie making you feel miserable) seeing that you are mindful of your loneliness and not feeling accepted?

Do you think maybe if you were Baptised in the Holy Spirit, with the evidence of speaking in tongues, that Jesus would be hyper-real with you and you would be lost in Him? You won't have a little bit of Jesus, but an overwhelming lots of Jesus. Now, I can't say definitely I've had a Baptism of the Holy Spirit of that level, I've certainly tried certain things with the word-of-faith mindset, but to someone who is flooded with Jesus with an experience like that, I doubt they would have any problem with loneliness. It would be interesting for you to talk with someone who has had that type of encounter with Jesus. I think we both must be missing out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Are they succeeding in doing that with you (ie making you feel miserable) seeing that you are mindful of your loneliness and not feeling accepted?

Do you think maybe if you were Baptised in the Holy Spirit, with the evidence of speaking in tongues, that Jesus would be hyper-real with you and you would be lost in Him? You won't have a little bit of Jesus, but an overwhelming lots of Jesus. Now, I can't say definitely I've had a Baptism of the Holy Spirit of that level, I've certainly tried certain things with the word-of-faith mindset, but to someone who is flooded with Jesus with an experience like that, I doubt they would have any problem with loneliness. It would be interesting for you to talk with someone who has had that type of encounter with Jesus. I think we both must be missing out.

Babbling in pseudo languages is NOT what speaking in tongues means in the biblical sense. The Charismatic movement has corrupted what Paul was talking about. When people spoke in tongues it was in a setting where where you had a bunch of people traveling to Jerusalem, and then a bunch of Galileans started speaking in foreign languages around them all proclaiming the gospel in the languages of the people who'd gathered there. So they'd hear Persian, and Greek, and Aramaic, and Hebrew and Egyptian and whatever else had gathered there.

Not the stuff you see on word of faith televangelist shows.

frankly what you describe is actually terrifying, because it's the same manifestations that happen in Hinduism and Buddhism when people are seized by Kundalini spirits.

but as to my isolation, I get the feel like I am being trained for something, training is sometimes hard.
and I don't know what God would be training a cripple for in isolation.
but that is what it feels like, like being trained in boot camp. The best I can figure is to isolate myself with God, go through spiritual warfare daily, and make myself only able to rely on Jesus to get me through it, to make myself totally dependent on Him.
and for lack of better words.. like breaking a horse so that you can ride it.
Is God going to use me? Maybe
I don't know what for, what does He do with a cripple?
But nothing else makes sense.
The isolation was so perfectly timed, so many stacking coincidences at once.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Babbling in pseudo languages is NOT what speaking in tongues means in the biblical sense. The Charismatic movement has corrupted what Paul was talking about. When people spoke in tongues it was in a setting where where you had a bunch of people traveling to Jerusalem, and then a bunch of Galileans started speaking in foreign languages around them all proclaiming the gospel in the languages of the people who'd gathered there. So they'd hear Persian, and Greek, and Aramaic, and Hebrew and Egyptian and whatever else had gathered there.

Not the stuff you see on word of faith televangelist shows.

frankly what you describe is actually terrifying, because it's the same manifestations that happen in Hinduism and Buddhism when people are seized by Kundalini spirits.

but as to my isolation, I get the feel like I am being trained for something, training is sometimes hard.
and I don't know what God would be training a cripple for in isolation.
but that is what it feels like, like being trained in boot camp. The best I can figure is to isolate myself with God, go through spiritual warfare daily, and make myself only able to rely on Jesus to get me through it, to make myself totally dependent on Him.
and for lack of better words.. like breaking a horse so that you can ride it.
Is God going to use me? Maybe
I don't know what for, what does He do with a cripple?
But nothing else makes sense.
The isolation was so perfectly timed, so many stacking coincidences at once.

It sounds like you know what you are doing.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It sounds like you know what you are doing.

not entirely, but I have been through boot camp, so I understand what training is like, being put into a difficult, but not inherently dangerous situation, to train you for a dangerous and harder situation, often sequestering the class away from regular life like it's not like boot camp lets you go off and party on the weekends and spend time with your friends. The process there is breaking down who you are as a person and rebuilding a "militarized" version of you. The training involves a lot of work, a lot of struggle, some pain, shame, and fear... and a bout of pneumonia usually.
In this case God has taken me away from people I know basically set me alone, gives me little to do but pray and study scripture, to break down who I am as a person and rebuild a different version of me. It is involving work (but not employment), struggle, pain, shame, fear, and it actually involved a bout of pneumonia too.
I just wish i knew what kind of war I was really being trained for.

Funny enough, it may have been the hand of God that steered me into joining the military just to show me what training is like. Because when I was 18 I absolutely did not want to join the service, but circumstances put me into singing up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟145,229.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

You are not a baby monkey right after the birth, though.

• Agree
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
not entirely, but I have been through boot camp, so I understand what training is like, being put into a difficult, but not inherently dangerous situation, to train you for a dangerous and harder situation, often sequestering the class away from regular life like it's not like boot camp lets you go off and party on the weekends and spend time with your friends. The process there is breaking down who you are as a person and rebuilding a "militarized" version of you. The training involves a lot of work, a lot of struggle, some pain, shame, and fear... and a bout of pneumonia usually.
In this case God has taken me away from people I know basically set me alone, gives me little to do but pray and study scripture, to break down who I am as a person and rebuild a different version of me. It is involving work (but not employment), struggle, pain, shame, fear, and it actually involved a bout of pneumonia too.
I just wish i knew what kind of war I was really being trained for.

Funny enough, it may have been the hand of God that steered me into joining the military just to show me what training is like. Because when I was 18 I absolutely did not want to join the service, but circumstances put me into singing up.

You are in the military?

Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
You are not a baby monkey right after the birth, though.

Also its an apples and oranges comparison. A baby's need for his/her mother's unconditional and nurturing love is vastly different than an adult's need for sex and companionship. You don't even get the same type of love when you are dating unless there is something bizarrely off.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.