Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
P.S. and the Michigan Courts ruled that the (Democratic) Secy of State in Michigan violated the law by sending out massive mailings of absentee voter applications to people who didn't request them and, of course, didn't give any reason for being unable to get to the polls in person.

Do you have a link for that?

Because I see this:

Supreme Court won't rule on Benson's power to mail ballot applications

The Michigan Supreme Court Monday said it won't take up a case challenging Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson's authority to mail unsolicited absentee ballot applications.......

Michigan's courts have consistently found that Benson acted legally when she sent applications to every registered voter in Michigan and rejected legal challenges brought by Trump and his allies seeking to derail the election process and overturn the results......

Benson announced in May that all registered voters in the state would receive an application to vote absentee in the August primary and November general elections. In 2018, Michigan voters overwhelmingly approved a constitutional amendment granting voters the right to vote absentee for any reason.

Note "In 2018, Michigan voters overwhelmingly approved a constitutional amendment granting voters the right to vote absentee for any reason. "

The voters of Michigan decided they did not have to give a specific reason for an absentee ballot. It is in the Michigan constitution.

What the court recently ruled on against Benson was about her instructions for accepting signatures:

Court invalidates Michigan rule on how to verify absentee ballot application signatures

Of particular note is this 'Murray noted in his opinion that Genetski, however, never claimed the “guidance caused him to accept a signature that he believed was invalid.”'

Upvote 0

9Rock9

Sinner in need of grace.
Nov 28, 2018
South Carolina
✟73,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It's very interesting to watch the Democratic version of this. I'm talking especially about Jimmy Dore's channel on You-tube. People who were proBernie and didnot like him selling out to Pelosi. I enjoy watching the channel because while there politics is almost 180 degree opposite of mine, they really hate the gas lighting by the media on various topics. They in some ways were much more articulate on why the "Collusion with Russian" of Trump was bogus etc. They pulled out some good internal documents from focus groups of the DNC, and other things that if you pieced it together with statements made by Obama, and stuff from Fox News you could build quite a case that things were a sham.

Yeah, I find it ironic that I can sometimes agree with the polar opposite of the spectrum at times. I think we're gonna see a shift between ideologies and alignments, as most politicians and voters have shown whether they lean towards the establishment or populism, regardless of whether they are liberal or conservative, Democrat or Republican.

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0