Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Adriana Cohen: Techno-fascism strikes again — Congress must fight Big Tech’s suppression of free speech

Whoever controls the information we see or don't see controls the universe — and must be reined in without delay.

We're talking about Big Tech's ever-expanding ability to shape and control public opinion on any topic it desires — including U.S. elections — by censoring conservatives' tweets and posts while amplifying liberal voices and news stories favorable to Democratic candidates.

We're living in an era of techno-fascism, where ultra-powerful liberal elites at Facebook, Twitter, Google, YouTube and other digital platforms are acting as modern-day book burners, using algorithms, content monitors and other opaque methods to control what millions of Americans read and view online.
Discuss...

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Adriana Cohen: Techno-fascism strikes again — Congress must fight Big Tech’s suppression of free speech

Whoever controls the information we see or don't see controls the universe — and must be reined in without delay.

We're talking about Big Tech's ever-expanding ability to shape and control public opinion on any topic it desires — including U.S. elections — by censoring conservatives' tweets and posts while amplifying liberal voices and news stories favorable to Democratic candidates.

We're living in an era of techno-fascism, where ultra-powerful liberal elites at Facebook, Twitter, Google, YouTube and other digital platforms are acting as modern-day book burners, using algorithms, content monitors and other opaque methods to control what millions of Americans read and view online.
Discuss...

I find it rather distasteful that your side wants to use free speech as a cloak for spreading lies and hate.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I find it rather distasteful that your side wants to use free speech as a cloak for spreading lies and hate.

That's exactly what Trump used the Twitter POTUS account for during his presidency. I can't express how relieved I am that he lost the election and we won't have to endure another four years of him.

That being said, I'm sure he will do whatever he can to keep himself relevant and in the spotlight. I think the only reason why Twitter didn't ban him for violating their community standards is because he's the President. He won't have this privilege protecting him after January 20th. However, I am pleased that Twitter started placing warning labels on his controversial tweets. It's about time, IMO.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's exactly what Trump used the Twitter POTUS account for during his presidency.

I must have missed where the President used twitter to censure information. I was not aware of his ability to block posts from news outlets and Politicians system wide. Can you give me an example please.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I must have missed where the President used twitter to censure information. I was not aware of his ability to block posts from news outlets and Politicians system wide. Can you give me an example please.

I was actually replying to this comment: "I find it rather distasteful that your side wants to use free speech as a cloak for spreading lies and hate." But I'm sure you already knew that though.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was actually replying to this comment: "I find it rather distasteful that your side wants to use free speech as a cloak for spreading lies and hate." But I'm sure you already knew that though.

Lies and hate according to whom? Who is the final censuring authority that you place complete confidence in to determine that for you?

Who do you trust to give the power to determine speech and free expression of thought?

Answer those two questions without bringing in any names and we can have a civil conversation.

My personal example:

I find the speech of the homosexual militants to be hate filled and lies that has the potential to harm a lot of people. From a Christian perspective it is abhorrent (not going to debate this - it's my view).

But, as an American, I will defend their right to express their views and their freedom to say anything they want. I believe that is a guarantee.
Example 2

I find the hatred and lies spread by Abortionist is equal to accessory to murder (not debating, it is my opinion). I vote pro life issues as my actions towards the issue, but as an American defend their freedom to say anything they want - I believe that is a guarantee.
I believe people are intelligent enough to make rational decisions if they have full knowledge of both sides of an issue. Silencing one side of and issue is a fascist tactic and against the First amendment guarantees.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟105,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Discuss...

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

which means all, as in everything is a lie ...

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lies and hate according to whom? Who is the final censuring authority that you place complete confidence in to determine that for you?

Who do you trust to give the power to determine speech and free expression of thought?

Answer those two questions without bringing in any names and we can have a civil conversation.

My personal example:

I find the speech of the homosexual militants to be hate filled and lies that has the potential to harm a lot of people. From a Christian perspective it is abhorrent (not going to debate this - it's my view).

But, as an American, I will defend their right to express their views and their freedom to say anything they want. I believe that is a guarantee.
Example 2

I find the hatred and lies spread by Abortionist is equal to accessory to murder (not debating, it is my opinion). I vote pro life issues as my actions towards the issue, but as an American defend their freedom to say anything they want - I believe that is a guarantee.
I believe people are intelligent enough to make rational decisions if they have full knowledge of both sides of an issue. Silencing one side of and issue is a fascist tactic and against the First amendment guarantees.

There is censorship on this site and yet we both participate in discussions here. And there are some consequences for violating this site's terms of service. There are also community standards on other social media sites but I agree to abide by those standards in order for me to participate on the site.

My answer to your first question.

According to Twitter's community standards. I choose to honor Twitter's established rules in order to participate on its site. I am subject to censorship or a possible ban if I choose to violate these rules.

My answer to your second question: I don't particularly trust any site but if I want to participate on a particular site, then I feel like it is my responsibility to honor its guidelines or else I could be banned.

Now I have a question for you.

Do you trust to give this site the power to determine free speech and free expression of thought?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

which means all, as in everything is a lie ...

including your post?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Good luck getting that one answered with any evidence! ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

There is censorship on this site and yet we both participate in discussions here. And there are some consequences for violating this site's terms of service. There are also community standards on other social media sites but I agree to abide by those standards in order for me to participate on the site.

My answer to your first question.

According to Twitter's community standards. I choose to honor Twitter's established rules in order to participate on its site. I am subject to censorship or a possible ban if I choose to violate those rules.

My answer to your second question: I don't particularly trust any site but if I want to participate on a particular site, then I feel like it is my responsibility to honor its guidelines or else I could be banned.

Now I have a question for you.

Do you trust to give this site the power to determine free speech and free expression of thought?

Did not answer the question.

Do you trust the people at Twitter to censure speech? And if so, why.

Do you trust MSM to censure what stories they cover and ignore? If so, Why?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good luck getting that one answered with any evidence! ;)

I know most likely it could not be answered, but was hoping.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Discuss...
Having seen on Parler what conservatives do with “free speech,” I’m 100% for what you are calling censorship. It’s filled with n-words, f-words, rape jokes, threats of violence, and ridiculous theories of evil Jews running the world. And liberals like me have been shadowbanned. No one can see any of my comments. So I don’t believe the conservatives on Parler want “free speech,” they want to be free to say hateful things and to silence liberal voices.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I know most likely it could not be answered, but was hoping.
But of course. Sadly enough, we are almost required to waste space and time to challenge claims that have been made up out of thin air.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then

My personal example:

Example 2

why are you on this site, which restricts speech? You’re railing against one social media site but the one you participate in is even more restrictive!

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Having seen on Parler what conservatives do with “free speech,” I’m 100% for what you are calling censorship. It’s filled with n-words, f-words, rape jokes, threats of violence, and ridiculous theories of evil Jews running the world. And liberals like me have been shadowbanned. No one can see any of my comments. So I don’t believe the conservatives on Parler want “free speech,” they want to be free to say hateful things and to silence liberal voices.

Thank you for sharing what you know about Parler. I thought about joining the site myself but I was warned to steer clear of it from a couple of other conservatives like me who also oppose Trump.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Then

why are you on this site, which restricts speech? You’re railing against one social media site but the one you participate in is even more restrictive!

I mentioned the discrepancy too, but it was immediately dismissed it out of hand. I'm not surprised by the dismissal because it's a pattern I've encountered before while talking to Trump supporters.

Last edited:
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
vanity of vanities, lie upon lie... as in sowing fig leaves together so as to cover our nakedness ...

You really should not go around naked. Your web cam might be on.

Then

When I make a thread about me, that would be appropriate.

Ive asked the question a couple of times. Can you not answer it either?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for sharing what you know about Parler. I thought about joining the site myself but I was warned to steer clear of it from a couple of other conservatives like me who also oppose Trump.
I’d advise against it, there are major security issues. I joined to see what is happening there but I can’t participate, I was shadowbanned once identified as a liberal. So I just go there to see what the Qcult and other extremists are saying. Which currently is all about civil war, succession, and public executions of liberals.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.