• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

The right selection pressure, and we would see "men" come from apes, *again*?

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Gottservant, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Gottservant

Gottservant God loves your words, may men love them also Supporter

+534
    Messianic
    Hi there,

So this is not meant to make you feel uncomfortable, but:
    I mean the apes are just waiting, to be people, right? That's your contention?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Ophiolite

Ophiolite Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape

+8,522
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    No.
    • People are apes
    • The present apes, including humans, evolved from earlier types of apes.
    • None of the present non-human apes could ever become people.
    • None of the present humans could ever become a gorilla, chimpanzee, orang-utan, gibbon, bonobo,etc.
    • All of the present apes, including humans, could potentially become different types of apes in the future
    • No apes are waiting to become anything else. They are too busy seeking mates, mortagages and moderate comfort.
    Asides:
    • The only thing that makes me marginally uncomfortable in this is contemplating the chaos that must exist in your mind to produce such pointless posts.
    • Stop ascribing beliefs and assertions to others that you imagine exist. In almost every instance those beliefs and assertions are figments of your imagination.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. Frank Robert

Frank Robert Well-Known Member

+482
    United States
    Agnostic
    Married
    What are selection pressures that, you imagine, will make ape's into people?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,815
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    No apes are apes not human.
    Please bear in mind that selection is really an elimination process of removing variants untill the only garments left are able to survive better than those with a greater range of variations.

Selection does not make new garments.
    So an ape cannot squire characteristics not already found in its genetic make up.

5. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+9,295
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Man was made in the image of God.

6. driewerf

driewerf a day at the Zoo

+1,260
    Atheist
    Married
    deleted

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  7. Shemjaza

Shemjaza Regular Member Supporter

+2,915
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    AU-Greens
    No.

Selection pressures do not produce specific results.

It's just that the most effective traits available in the population will become more common. If a new variation on the existing norm appears that is an advantage then it is likely to become more common as well.

However, the selection pressure does not cause the new variety to exist.

The ancestors of humans adapted to living on the savanah instead of the forrest. Non human apes don't live in that particular environment, and are unlikely to follow the exact same path as humanity anyway.

8. 1rreducibly Complex

1rreducibly Complex Newbie

+162
    Christian
    Single

Neanderthals, denisovans, other extinct species & plants played key roles in said selection pressure btw.

9. Larnievc

Larnievc Well-Known Member

+4,146
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    That would be mutations, genetic drift, etc.

10. Oompa Loompa

Oompa Loompa Against both police brutality and cop killing.

+1,190
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    If humans came from apes, why do apes still exist?

11. 1rreducibly Complex

1rreducibly Complex Newbie

+162
    Christian
    Single
    If precursors of modern man crossbred with neanderthals, denisovans and whatever else (as scientists claim).

Apes won't make the leap without similar conditions.

12. The IbanezerScrooge

The IbanezerScrooge I can't believe what I'm hearing...

+2,097
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Democrat
    Exactly opposite. God was made in the image of Man. ;)

13. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+9,295
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Very obviously an atheist without checking your profile!

14. Phred

Phred Junior Mint

+960
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    No. You've had these things explained to you for years. You still come back with exactly the same misunderstanding.

15. NBB

NBB Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,134
    Uruguay
    Christian
    Single
    Evo is the biggest cheat and lie ever, they tell without the help of God people can be formed by it, that is a process that does it things alone and does not need any help, there is no correlation in all human experience where a 'stupid and simple' process like evolution or whatever is working on something in other area could produce such incredible results, is not realistic at all. But people need an excuse because they don't believe in God, and the devil is happy to help them think that. And they excluded God from science, and God himself is 'science'. Since he created everything. And Jesus is the only way we can get out of this mess called sin. Just see the world in what state is in to see that we have a fallen nature and we need help.

16. Phred

Phred Junior Mint

+960
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Or not.

17. Ophiolite

Ophiolite Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape

+8,522
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    It is clear from this you know almost nothing about evolutionary theory and the little that you do know is wrong. The good news is that you can correct this. The bad news is that I doubt you will.
    An excuse for what exactly? I don't see any need for an excuse. The evidence for evolutionary theory is overwhelming and certainly vastly greater than for any alternative explanation. If I didn't accept evolutionary theory on that basis I would need to have an excuse for irrational behaviour.

And yet many scientists are active Christians. Many Christian scientists do research on evolution.

And yet there are many good non-Christian people in the world, doing good things.

18. tas8831

tas8831 Well-Known Member

+3,747
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Why would you continued ignorance make ME feel uncomfortable?
    No. that is your ignorance-based fantasy.

You've been here a while. And learned NOTHING. You should be ashamed of your ignorance. But I suspect that are proud of it.

19. tas8831

tas8831 Well-Known Member

+3,747
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    You were born of a woman, your mother, so why does your mother still exist?

20. Oompa Loompa

Oompa Loompa Against both police brutality and cop killing.

+1,190
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Not comparable. Some have tried to use Dogs as a comparison. "If a labrador descended from wolves, why do wolves still exist." The problem is that a labrador can mate with a wolf and get some wolf-dog breed. But if a man mates with an ape, all you get is AIDS.