Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, ok. I think it's to bring all unbelievers to Christ. The holdouts get the second resurrection.

Alleluja! So you accept that the unbelievers don't end up on the bbq forever. Welcome to the truth Major.

But my dear brother.....no where does that say that ALL will be saved from the Lake of Fire.

ALL of Florida is not saved.
But a lot people in Florida are saved.

How can you miss that ......UNLESS you are trying to????

As far as ALL UNbelievers........NO!

If a nonbeliever misses the Rapture at the beginning of the 7 year Tribulation AND have heard the gospel.........That person or persons can not then be saved.

2 Thess. 2:10-12..........
"and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness."

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's ok, I'm just waiting for der Alte to clarify his position so I can correct his error lol.

Feel free to correct mine in the meantime, but preferably using halfway decent arguments. Not your fault, it's just you're on a futile and misconceived hiding to nothing attempting to defend the indefensible - eternal conscious torment.

By the grace of God, the scales shall fall!

I have and will continuie to help your understanding of the Scriptures.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Zao never applies to animal, plant or other life forms. When zao is used as a participle it describes either living beings or inanimate things.

The broken wrecks of Adam1 are not inanimate beings. Even in death they are in the care of their Father Abba.

The ending of life in this sphere is the Beginning of zao life in the next.

The Beginning is the Ending. His Name is Abba.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course you will, it agrees with you. However, he's wrong too. God said, the soul that sins shall die. Paul said, the wages of sin is death. Jesus said, for God so loved the world that gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish. Death is the result of sin. Nowhere in Scripture is it said that the penalty for sin is eternal conscious torment. Your's and Gill's theology is directly opposed to the words of God, Jesus, and Paul.

I guess that Brother Gill and myself have different Bibles than you do .

Revelation 20:10
Verse Concepts
And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

2 Thessalonians 1:9
Verse Concepts
These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

Matthew 25:41
Verse Concepts
“Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

Source: 8 Bible verses about Eternal Punishment

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The broken wrecks of Adam1 are not inanimate beings. Even in death they are in the care of their Father Abba.

The ending of life in this sphere is the Beginning of zao life in the next.

I guess that what you are saying means something to somebody.......just not me my brother.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But my dear brother.....no where does that say that ALL will be saved from the Lake of Fire.

ALL of Florida is not saved.
But a lot people in Florida are saved.

How can you miss that ......UNLESS you are trying to????

As far as ALL UNbelievers........NO!

If a nonbeliever misses the Rapture at the beginning of the 7 year Tribulation AND have heard the gospel.........That person or persons can not then be saved.

2 Thess. 2:10-12..........
"and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness."

We seem to keep hitting a major stumbling block. How sir does God discharge His great covenant oath that every will knee bow and tongue confess to His righteousness, if He frappes most of those knees and tongues?

You see, one of those ideas has to go. And I'm saying it won't be the everlasting covenant oath.

How do you deal with God's universalist bedrock promise in Isaiah 45:23, repeated in Romans 14:11 and Philippians 2:10?

He's serious about saving everyone, y'know.

• Agree
Reactions: FineLinen
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow. Did you really write that?
If the angels are not part of God's creation, what are they?

Thank you for pointing that out.

You had said.........
Allow me to tell you something you may not like or even want to think about. - lol
All of creation will be restored. The demons are part of all creation. Even Satan.

I then responded with..........
All you have to do Steve is to post those Scriptures that say...…….
"The demons are part of all creation. Even Satan."

I should have said...."Post the Scriptures that say SATAN and his demons will be restored and removed from the LOF".

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I guess that what you are saying means something to somebody.......just not me my brother.

Of course it means nothing to you. What a surprise. lol.

The fact remains, our Abba is the beginning and ending of ta pavnte. He is not the Beginning & Ending of a segment of His creation. He is not the Source, Guide & Goal of some (koine tis), or a great deal of His creation, (koine megas).

He is the radical all of pas & the all of ta pavnte

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for pointing that out.

You had said.........
Allow me to tell you something you may not like or even want to think about. - lol
All of creation will be restored. The demons are part of all creation. Even Satan.

I then responded with..........
All you have to do Steve is to post those Scriptures that say...…….
"The demons are part of all creation. Even Satan."

I should have said...."Post the Scriptures that say SATAN and his demons will be restored and removed from the LOF".
So you are claiming that the angels are NOT part of God's creation?

Saint Steven said:
Wow. Did you really write that?
If the angels are not part of God's creation, what are they?

• Agree
Reactions: FineLinen
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We seem to keep hitting a major stumbling block. How sir does God discharge His great covenant oath that every will knee bow and tongue confess to His righteousness, if He frappes most of those knees and tongues?
You see, one of those ideas has to go. And I'm saying it won't be the everlasting covenant oath.
How do you deal with God's universalist bedrock promise in Isaiah 45:23, repeated in Romans 14:11 and Philippians 2:10?
He's serious about saving everyone, y'know.
Scripture does NOT say that every knee will bow "in reverent love for their Maker." etc.
Exomolgeo occurs eleven times in the NT, in addition to Phil 2:11. In the other 10 it never means “
whole-heartedly… without reservation (no holding back).”
Matthew 3:6 “confessing their sins,” Matthew 11:25 “thank,” Mark 1:5 “confessing their sins,” Luke 10:21 “thank,” Luke 22:6 “promised,” Acts of the apostles 19:18 “confessed their deeds,” Romans 14:11 “confess,” Romans 15:9 “confess Christ,” James 5:16 “confess your faults,” Revelation 3:5 “confess his name”​
It never means whole-heartedly etc.
…..Scripture says that every knee will bow but only believers will do so willingly in love and faith, the others will be conquered enemies.
How will the enemies of Jesus feel?
Matthew 7:21-23
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, * Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
* "That day" -the day of judgement.​
The word of God says every knee will bow. It must be important because it is repeated 3 times.
1. Isaiah 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
2. Romans 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
3. Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;​
But the "fearful, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, whoremongers, sorcerers, idolaters, liars" etc. who denied God and Christ all their lives will be forced to their knees and forced to proclaim that Jesus is Lord. This is another important point it is recorded 9 times in scripture.
1. Psalms 110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
2. Matthew 22:44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
3. Mark 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
4. Luke 20:42 And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
5. Luke 20:43 Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
6. Acts of the apostles 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
7. Hebrews 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
8. Hebrews 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;.
9. Hebrews 10:13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.​
What does “make your enemies your footstool mean?” Joshua shows us in Josh. 10.
Joshua 10:17 And it was told Joshua, saying, The five kings are found hid in a cave at Makkedah.
Joshua 10:22 Then said Joshua, Open the mouth of the cave, and bring out those five kings unto me out of the cave.
Joshua 10:23 And they did so, and brought forth those five kings unto him out of the cave, the king of Jerusalem, the king of Hebron, the king of Jarmuth, the king of Lachish, and the king of Eglon.
Joshua 10:24 And it came to pass, when they brought out those kings unto Joshua, that Joshua called for all the men of Israel, and said unto the captains of the men of war which went with him, Come near, put your feet upon the necks of these kings. And they came near, and put their feet upon the necks of them.

Joshua 10:26 And afterward Joshua smote them, and slew them, and hanged them on five trees: and they were hanging upon the trees until the evening.​
The enemies of Joshua, the first Jesus, do not become faithful members of his army.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to the Bible, death is not the end of life but the separation of the soul from the body. Scripture clearly speaks of both eternal life with God in heaven and eternal separation from God in hell. Death is the result of sin. Romans 6:23 directly states, "For the wages of sin is death." Every person dies physically, because all have sinned ( Romans 5:12 ).

My advice still stands and I have missed nothing on this subject.
Except that nothing says that the eternal separation from God will be living people. They are dead.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Except that nothing says that the eternal separation from God will be living people. They are dead.
Lots of folks when they call themselves "studying the Bible" what they are actually doing is searching high and low for something/anything which supports their own assumptions/presuppositions. And when they do that they tend to find "scholars" who tell them what they want to hear.
…..Greek is now, and has always been, the language of the Eastern Greek Orthodox church. Who, better than the native Greek speaking scholars who translated the “literal” Greek Eastern Orthodox Bible [EOB], know the correct meaning of Greek words, e.g. “Gehenna,””aiōnios” and “kolasis?”
…..In the EOB, footnote pg. 180

Hades is the realm of the dead. The upper part of hades was considered to be luminous and it was called “paradise” or "Abraham's bosom.” Hades is not to be confused with hell (Gehenna) which is the final place of state or place of the damned (“the lake of’ fire”).
= = = = = = = = = =
The Eastern Greek Orthodox Bible EOB—New Testament 96

Matthew 25:46 Then he will answer them saying ‘Amen. I tell you: as much as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.' “These [[ones on the left]] will go away into eternal punishment.[κολασιν αιονιον/kolasin aiōnion] but the righteous into eternal life.
= = = = = = = = = =
KJV Romans 16:26 [EOB 14:25]
26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting [αιωνιου/aiōniou] God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
Paul, the same writer, uses αιωνιου/aiōniou, in Rom 16:26 synonymous with αιδιος/aidios in Rom 1:20, in the same writing, below.
Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world, his invisible things are clearly seen. They perceived through created things, even his everlasting [τε αιδιος/te aidios] power and divinity.
= = = = = = = =
https://azbyka.ru/otechnik/books/or...tament-(The-Eastern-Greek-Orthodox-Bible).pdf
The Eastern/Greek Orthodox Bible EOB—New Testament 96 can be D/L at the link above. If anyone has doubts/questions about the EOB version I suggest they read the 200 page preface which documents the extensive Greek scholarship supporting this translation.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now you want to talk about "Annialation". Fine with me.

However.....You will have to try another Scripture because Psalms 27 is not going to help you.

I can see why you would want to use Psalm 37 in support of your position.

It says that the wicked will fade away like the grass,
2. that they will be cut off (v. 9),
3.will be no more (v. 10),
4. will perish as the smoke fades away (v. 20),
5. that they will be cut off (v. 22, 34),
6. will not be there no more (v. 36),
7. and be destroyed (v. 38).

With this kind of language, no wonder you gravitate to this Psalm. But, is the Psalm talking about God's final condemnation upon the wicked at the Judgment Seat with the result being annihilation? Or, is the psalmist using vivid imagery to convey the destruction of the wicked in their present time as well as describing their ultimate end in vivid terms?

Is David speaking precisely about annihilation, or is he speaking from the perspective that the wicked will be no more in this age, not that they won't exist in the future age? We know the wicked will be destroyed. The Bible tells us that in many places.

But, the nature of that destruction is not specified. Now, some conditionalist might object and say that the nature of the destruction is specified and that Psalm 37 is clear. After all, it says, "they will be no more," (v. 10), that they will perish as the smoke fades away (v. 20), that he was no more (v. 36), and that he will be destroyed (v. 38).

But, do those verses necessitate the conditionalist interpretation? LNo, they don't.

I've been talking about conditional mortality all along. And, yes, it does speak of the ultimate destination of the wicked. David contrasts them with the righteous.

8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
12 The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.1
13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.
14 The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation.1
15 Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.
16 A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.
17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth the righteous.
18 The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever. (Ps. 37:8-18 KJV)

Jesus quoted this passage in the Beatitudes. David is contrasting the wicked and the righteous. This fits perfectly with what we see from God, the soul that sins shall die. From Jesus, for God so loved the world that He gave His Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish. From Paul, the wages of sin is death and also from Paul.

13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. (1 Cor. 15:13-18 KJV)

Paul says that if there is no resurrection those who had died in Christ had perished. He didn't say they were in Heaven, or anywhere else. It's either they get resurrected or they had already perished. It's all through the Scriptures. I don't know why you keep fighting it.

Your whole argument is really based on the word aion which I have shown doesn't mean forever. If you take the word aion out of your argument you have nothing to support the claim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess that Brother Gill and myself have different Bibles than you do .

Revelation 20:10
Verse Concepts
And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

2 Thessalonians 1:9
Verse Concepts
These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

Matthew 25:41
Verse Concepts
“Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

Source: 8 Bible verses about Eternal Punishment

I've already shown that aion doesn't mean eternal or forever. Jesus spoke of the end of the aion. The apostles spoke of the end of the aion. Paul spoke of the end of the aion. They all acknowledge that the aion ends. I think Jesus, the apostles and Paul knew better what aion mean than today's scholars. After all, it was the language they spoke. Once aion is removed from your argument, the argument is done.

In addition to that you have another problem. Paul said the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is aionios life. Jesus said that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have aionios life. The promise is that the believer gets aionios life, or as many call it, eternal life. However, your theology has the gift of God being given to both the righteous and the wicked. In order for someone to suffer ETC, they have to live forever. Thus they have to get eternal life. However, Jesus said that was for the believer, not wicked. Paul said it was the gift of God. Please show me where in Scripture you find the promise of eternal life for the wicked.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've already shown that aion doesn't mean eternal or forever. Jesus spoke of the end of the aion. The apostles spoke of the end of the aion. Paul spoke of the end of the aion. They all acknowledge that the aion ends. I think Jesus, the apostles and Paul knew better what aion mean than today's scholars. After all, it was the language they spoke. Once aion is removed from your argument, the argument is done....
Unsupported opinion does not prove anything. If a word is used hyperbolically that does NOT change the inherent meaning of the word.
For example there were real foxes in Israel at the time of Jesus but Herod was not literally a fox when Jesus called him one. There were literal stones at the time of Jesus but Simon was not a stone when Jesus name him "Petros' i.e. stone. There was actual thunder in Israel at the time of Jesus but the James and John were not literally sons of thunder when Jesus named them that.
The Greek word "aion" occurs 203 times in the NT. Of that 40 times it is translated "world". It is said to have an end 6 times. The other 163 times it is translated "eternity." 80% of the occurrences it means "eternity."
How do we explain that? See "fox,""stone" and "sons of thunder" above.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Scripture does NOT say that every knee will bow "in reverent love for their Maker." etc.
Exomolgeo occurs eleven times in the NT, in addition to Phil 2:11. In the other 10 it never means “
whole-heartedly… without reservation (no holding back).”
Matthew 3:6 “confessing their sins,” Matthew 11:25 “thank,” Mark 1:5 “confessing their sins,” Luke 10:21 “thank,” Luke 22:6 “promised,” Acts of the apostles 19:18 “confessed their deeds,” Romans 14:11 “confess,” Romans 15:9 “confess Christ,” James 5:16 “confess your faults,” Revelation 3:5 “confess his name”It never means whole-heartedly etc.

And I say your catalogue there has just proved confession MUST BE true ie voluntary and sincere.

For if one is forced to confess, then how is the victory and greater than that of Caesar's Roman triumph? Nay, dear der Alte, more than conquerors, a glorious and permanent victory is only secured by the true conversion of the enemy.

Hence it is the unique righteousness and strength of God as per Isaiah 45:24 that wins over the enemy, putting him to shame for the vanity and folly of his former ways.

But the "fearful, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, whoremongers, sorcerers, idolaters, liars" etc. who denied God and Christ all their lives will be forced to their knees and forced to proclaim that Jesus is Lord. This is another important point it is recorded 9 times in scripture.
1. Psalms 110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
2. Matthew 22:44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
3. Mark 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
4. Luke 20:42 And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
5. Luke 20:43 Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
6. Acts of the apostles 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
7. Hebrews 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
8. Hebrews 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;.
9. Hebrews 10:13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.What does “make your enemies your footstool mean?” Joshua shows us in Josh. 10.
Joshua 10:17 And it was told Joshua, saying, The five kings are found hid in a cave at Makkedah.
Joshua 10:22 Then said Joshua, Open the mouth of the cave, and bring out those five kings unto me out of the cave.
Joshua 10:23 And they did so, and brought forth those five kings unto him out of the cave, the king of Jerusalem, the king of Hebron, the king of Jarmuth, the king of Lachish, and the king of Eglon.
Joshua 10:24 And it came to pass, when they brought out those kings unto Joshua, that Joshua called for all the men of Israel, and said unto the captains of the men of war which went with him, Come near, put your feet upon the necks of these kings. And they came near, and put their feet upon the necks of them.

Joshua 10:26 And afterward Joshua smote them, and slew them, and hanged them on five trees: and they were hanging upon the trees until the evening.The enemies of Joshua, the first Jesus, do not become faithful members of his army.

See, all those scriptures need to be read so as to be consistent with the primacy of the overarching covenantal oath of universal salvation. To do otherwise is to call God a liar.

• Winner
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've already shown that aion doesn't mean eternal or forever. Jesus spoke of the end of the aion. The apostles spoke of the end of the aion. Paul spoke of the end of the aion. They all acknowledge that the aion ends. I think Jesus, the apostles and Paul knew better what aion mean than today's scholars. After all, it was the language they spoke. Once aion is removed from your argument, the argument is done.

In addition to that you have another problem. Paul said the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is aionios life. Jesus said that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have aionios life. The promise is that the believer gets aionios life, or as many call it, eternal life. However, your theology has the gift of God being given to both the righteous and the wicked. In order for someone to suffer ETC, they have to live forever. Thus they have to get eternal life. However, Jesus said that was for the believer, not wicked. Paul said it was the gift of God. Please show me where in Scripture you find the promise of eternal life for the wicked.

AGAIN.......YOU have shown nothing Butch. All you have done is Just unsubstantiated words! Opinions! Your own ideas!

You aske me to show YOU where in the Scriptures I can find the promise of eternal life for the wicked.

First of, do YOU know the meaning of the word WICKED??

The International Bible Encyclopedia (ISBE) gives this definition of wicked according "The state of being wicked; a mental disregard for justice, righteousness, truth, honor, virtue; evil in thought and life; depravity; sinfulness; criminality."

The word wickedness appears 119 times in the 1611 KJV it is a term rarely heard today, and appears only 61 times in the ESV. published in 2001. The ESV simply makes use of synonyms in several places.
The use of "wicked" to describe fairy tale witches has devalued its seriousness, but in the Bible, the term was a scathing accusation. In fact, being wicked sometimes brought God’s curse upon people.

Isaiah 57:21.........
“'There is no peace,’ says my God, ‘for the wicked'.

Romans 3:23.....
"ALL have sinned and come short of the approval of God."

From the moment sin entered the world, mankind forever lost perfect peace and harmony. We are all sinners, and only if we choose His salvation may we escape what we ultimately deserve and have eternal rest.

Psalms 34:21 - Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.
1 John 5:19 - [And] we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
2 Thes. 3:2 - And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men:

ALL the lost of any age are "wicked". ALL the lost need to be saved.

1 John 2:25..........
"And this is the promise that he made to us—eternal life."

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
AGAIN.......YOU have shown nothing Butch. All you have done is Just unsubstantiated words! Opinions! Your own ideas!

Welcome to the no nothing group, Major.

Our Abba is the beginning and ending of ta pavnte. He is not the Beginning & Ending of a segment of His creation. He is not the Source, Guide & Goal of some (koine tis), or a great deal of His creation, (koine megas).

He is the radical all of pas & the all of ta pavnte.

"If ever I want to amuse myself with an idiot, I have not far to look for one. I laugh at myself." -Frederic Farrar-

Frederic W. Farrar - Christian Classics Ethereal Library - Christian Classics Ethereal Library

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course it means nothing to you. What a surprise. lol.

The fact remains, our Abba is the beginning and ending of ta pavnte. He is not the Beginning & Ending of a segment of His creation. He is not the Source, Guide & Goal of some (koine tis), or a great deal of His creation, (koine megas).

He is the radical all of pas & the all of ta pavnte

And YOU said...…….
"THERE ARE NO BIBLE SCRIPTURES WHICH SUPPORT THE UNIVERSALISTS THEOLOGY!!!! HE SAYS THAT THERE WILL BE NO SALVATION FROM ANYONE WHO IS CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.