annie1speed

Mar 16, 2007
Alabama
✟16,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was thinking last night about the rich man and Lazarus from Luke 16.

When in hell he lifted up his eyes and saw Lazarus in the bosom of Abraham, the words and actions of the rich man brought two things to mind.

First, it reminded me of Psalm 23 where the Lord preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies. I have always read that verse and thought about this happening here on earth. But we forget that our true reward will come after death, in the next life.

Second, I was struck by the attitude of the rich man. I had never noticed this before - he still had a haughty spirit. His words show that he still considered Lazarus to be beneath him somehow, saying, 'send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue'. This right after asking Father Abraham for mercy.

How many times do we do the same thing? We say boy I shouldn't have acted like that, or I really shouldn't have said that. Please forgive me. Then we turn around and go back to those same habits. :blush:

Just some thoughts that rolled around in my head....

cremi

Chief Executive Domestic Education Diva
Nov 3, 2005
Texas
✟9,070.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hmmmm....interesting thoughts Annie. Hadn't really thought of the rich man in that light, but it makes sense.

About the bad habits....I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't do any of those things like other people do.;) :D

Upvote 0