• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

The Revlation of the Man of Sin, the Son of Perdition

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by carlaimpinge, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JesusServant

JesusServant do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER

+24
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I completely agree with this post.

2. nephilimiyr

nephilimiyr I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open

+1,541
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Lol, check back for my edited version if you like that one JesusServant.

3. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

+2,974
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    You should see what happens when a Catholic posts over there. [​IMG]

You'll never see so much un-Christian behavior in your life.

4. nephilimiyr

+1,541
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    carlaimpinge I'm finding myself disagreeing with you now on most everything you are saying. I don't have the time this morning to answer everything you have posted but I will debate you on one more thing yet.

What I believe Thes5:9 says is just what it says "God hath not appointed us to wrath". Nowhere in this passage does it suggest a time table. The opening verse of the chapter says "But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. That right there tells us, or at least me, that he doesn't want to talk about when this will happen but that he doesn't want us to become complacent in the matter of the day of the lord. He feels that he's already covered that ground or has taught it well enough. After all in the verses of the last chapter he talked about the time table of events as much as he thought was good enough.

What I believe Paul is talking about leading up to 5:9 is that we christians shouldn't be conducting ourselves as sinful nonbelievers because the day of the lord will be like a thief. He's telling us to fight the urge of being complacent and possibly falling back into our old sinful ways so that the day of the lord doesn't fall on us like a thief.

Verse 9 to me is nothing more than a reasurance that Gods wrath wont fall on us. And If I might say, I'm glad that Paul wrote it and that God showed that to him. Thank you Paul!!! 

5. JesusServant

+24
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    As a non-catholic, I apologize for my mislead brothers and sisters over there. :(

6. carlaimpinge

carlaimpinge New Member

+0
    Christian
    nephilyniyr,

My post included nothing about me knowing all the answers. Thanks for the shot but it didn't work.

So you don't "think" God "uses" Satan to administer his OWN wrath? I was right. You DO NEED to read more of the Bible, and I don't have to know EVERYTHING to know that!

You "ignored" or left off comment on Isaiah 10. The Assyrian, (the son of perditon) IS God's manifestation of WRATH on the people of his wrath.

Job's SIN was self righteousness, NOT because he ACCUSED God of "sending his wrath" on him. Job was NOT wrong. The wrath of God was ON HIM. It was administered by SATAN, through MEN (the Sabaens), sores (pestilence), natural elements (the fire of God? Oh my!), and the wind. (Where's that boat Lord? We're not OUT on the sea YET!).

Satan ADMINISTERED the wrath of God. (Job 2:3)

Job KNEW what is was, EVEN if you don't. (Job 19:11) He didn't UNDERSTAND why?

The wrath of God is against ANYONE who thinks he's SELF RIGHTEOUS.

You left off the rest of the verses, which I produced. Your verses concern the body of Christ ENTERING a future TIME PERIOD of wrath (the day of the Lord, the time of the woman in travail) That's what PAUL is talking about in 1 Thess.5, where ya'll LIFT the verse and put it in Revelation.

He's NOT talking about "whose" wrath it is, but WHEN it comes.

In Christ Jesus,
    Carl

7. carlaimpinge

carlaimpinge New Member

+0
    Christian
    nephilimiyr,

Timetable? Friend, it's talking about the wrath CONNECTED with the DAY of the Lord, when the woman is in travail, which we ESCAPE. There's the TIME, and the WRATH.

Yes, it definitely SPEAKS and TEACHES of time. The body of Christ ESCAPES the day of the Lord, which includes the woman in travail. (Jer. 30)

That's the great tribulation which starts at the midst of the week.

Quote:

He's telling us to fight the urge of being complacent and possibly falling back into our old sinful ways so that the day of the lord doesn't fall on us like a thief.

Fraid not son. The day of the Lord DOES NOT OVERTAKE US LIKE A THIEF. It does someone ELSE. We ESCAPE.

Sorry, you have produced a flawed exposition.

In Christ Jesus,
    Carl

8. JesusServant

+24
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I can't speak for neph. but I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it as a shot, he meant that no one man has all the answers, we all have to be wrong about something somewhere :)  I don't think he meant it offensively.

9. JesusServant

+24
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I'm not trying to be 'right' or be condescending here, but you really should re-read Job, no offense.  Job was 'without blame' so there was no reason for God to be wrathful, there are many things to take from Job, but God's wrath being unleashed on Job through satan isn't one of them.  I used to see it your way too, but as I studied it more, I found I was wrong.

P.S. Job 2:3 as you cited in no way says satan was "ADMINISTERING" the wrath of God(Job 2:3) And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that [there is] none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.

Even God Himself says that he hasn't cause.

10. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

+0
    That's correct.

Didn't you notice Great Tribulation will be last for only 3 1/2 years, NOT 7 years.

His destruction shall be occur at Lord's coming - 2 Thess 2:8.

I ask you a question,

What happen of the first 3 1/2 years of the week??

Why do you think, we will rapture in the middle of the week?

Please define word, 'saint' of Rev. 13:7.

Christ shall NOT come till AFTER the abomination of desolation - Matt 24:29-31.

Revelation 13:5,7 telling us, Antichrist will persecute against Christians for 42 months (3 1/2 years). That is pretty long time. We will see the revealed of Antichrist long time BEFORE Lord comes.

What happen at the first of 3 1/2 years of the week??

Apostle Paul does not saying it. He meant that, Antichrist shall be removed from the mystery, that means, he shall be loose out of the mystery, and then to be revealed - 2 Thess 2:8.

The Bible does not saying it. Where did you get the idea come from?

Carl,

Please explain to us more clearly, why do you believe in midweek rapture? What happen to the first of 3 1/2 years of the week??

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 - Amen!

11. nephilimiyr

+1,541
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    carlaimpinge

When I say I doubt you hold all the answers I'm saying this is the impression you give me. It's not about what you write word for word but the spirit you show me. I didn't write this to shoot a shot across your bow or to delever a direct hit but to warn you that I question your learning and authority. If you think I'm being too up front and abrassive with you I would agree and you do deserve my apologies. I'm here to learn from others and hope that maybe others can learn from me.

The way I see it is that no matter which way we see prophecy, weather it's pre, mid, or post trib that as long as we hold to the fact that Jesus as God died for our sins and we see him as the truth, the way, and the life , we will be with him forever, AMEN!

I do have the feeling that you know Jesus as your lord and savour so weather we agree on biblical propecy or disagree I would let you know that we all pray that our fathers will  will be done, this is what really matters after all isn't it? His kingdom will come no matter what you and I think.

For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, Amen!

Hallelujah!!!

12. carlaimpinge

carlaimpinge New Member

+0
    Christian
    Jesus Servant,

You evaded what I said.  Job was SELF RIGHTEOUS.  He wanted to contend with God due to "his SELF RIGHTEOUNESS".  You know what happened IF you read the Job. 

JOB 42:1-6.

What's he doing "repenting" if he has no SIN?

It's just like I said, he was self righteous and CONDEMNED God for what he had PUT ON HIM.

Sorry fellas.  You better reread it again.

13. carlaimpinge

carlaimpinge New Member

+0
    Christian
    DeafPosttrib,

I have never stated the great tribulation is 7 years.

The gathering is CONNECTED to his REVELATION, not his DESTRUCTION.

That's why.

A Saint is a believer in the Lord.

Christ Jesus APPEARS the day the Jews FLEE from Jersusalem. (Luke 17:30-31) He also appears after the tribulation. (Matt.24)

A covenant is CONFIRMED which starts the week.

The term taken out of the way is INTERPRETED by the Holy Spirit in Job 24:24. Read it.

One of the seven heads is wounded unto death. (Rev.13) It is the seventh which has not shown up yet. (Rev.17) The beast is the 8th and of the seven.

The first 3 and half years are still to come just as the last three and half years.

Drop by my site and check out the articles for more information.

14. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

+0
    Carl,

You saying, the first of 3 1/2 years is still to come in the future.

Ok, I ask you, what will happen to the first of the 3 1/2 years of the week??

15. carlaimpinge

carlaimpinge New Member

+0
    Christian
    nephilimiyr,

I have no problem with you. I believe in the UNITY of the message of grace.

In Christ Jesus,
    Carl

16. carlaimpinge

carlaimpinge New Member

+0
    Christian
    Deaf Postrib,

A covenant will be confirmed. That starts the week like Daniel says. (Dan.9)

17. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

+0
    Carl,

I am curious, what you believe on Daniel 9:24-27, what it is talking about??

Because you believe in "midweek rapture".

So, I would like to know what your interpreting on Dan. 9:24-27

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 - Amen!

18. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

+0
    Carl,

You believe the covenant or peace treaty will sign to start 70th week.

So, I ask you question, what will happen in the first of 3 1/2 years of the week?

19. JesusServant

+24
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I'm not evading it, there is more to it.  You said that God used satan to enforce God's wrath on Job.  By which you infer that God basically had Job's family and cattle killed because Job was self-righteous.  Does this sound like the God you know and love?  Read it again, there is a lot more to this story.

20. carlaimpinge

carlaimpinge New Member

+0
    Christian
    Jesus Servant,

Yes, God "used" Satan. He does that. God DID have Job's family killed. He has had MANY PEOPLE killed. Check out the flood. He drowned them all. (Babies included) Yes, that's the God that I know and love. Satan could not have killed anyone unless God had LET him. His self righteousness was behind it. We're all sinners bud. Job was not righteous.

Again you evade the text. Job SAID God's wrath was on him and it was. The wrath of God is found throughout the OT, not just in "one spot", posties think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.