The Wild West
✟474,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
@Jipsah you are killing me! In the best way possible. I am literally laughling aloud at your replies to this thread, as they are so brilliant and on-point. The blend of orthodox dogmatic theology and humor in your writing is exquisite. You should consider writing an heresiological tome.

I have often thought of writing a work inspired by the Panarion (lit. “Medicine Chest”) of Saint Epiphanios the bishop of Salamis, perhaps called “First Aid” or something like that, as Epiphanios opened each description of a heresy with a tongue in cheek passage likening it to a venomous animal. However his comedy style is definitely fourth century, and while I find it amusing, I have to concede that modern audiences might be bored by it.

But I’ll bet you could write a Field Guide to Heresy and make it a delight to read. I would buy it.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"How can a Spirit be a person?"

A spirit is a person the way any of us is a person, we show capacity to understand and choose, and in some ways influence others, and we have our spirit that we would not be the same without. But the Spirit that is the Spirit of God is not the same as spirits of creation as we have, being the Creator and not of creation, unlimited and eternal, acting with power even with which creation was all brought into being.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟166,879.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How can you believe this when I have already proved by the truth
this you have stated is false.

God is not a Son He is a Father.
God is not a Son He is the Father of a Son.
You need c orrection , but perhaps spiritual ears to hear it

“Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;” (Hebrews 1:2 KJV)

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and
the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made...“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us," ( John 1:1-3, 14 KJV)

"That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the
Word of life; 2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us) (1 John 1:1,2 KJV)

“And we know that the
Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.” ( 1 John 5:20 KJV)

“And I [God Speaking] will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.” ( Zechariah 12:10 KJV)

“Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom
of his dear Son:...“For by him [by the Son] were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:” ( Colossians 1:13,16 KJV)

"“In the beginning
God created the heaven and the earth.”" (Genesis 1:1 KJV)

“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these
three are one.” ( 1 John 5:7 KJV)

The Lord God speaking pf the Lord God and His Spirit sending him. This is one of the strongest Trinity verses in the bible

"I, even I, have spoken; yea, I have called him: I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous. 16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me. 17 Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go." (Isaiah 48:15-17 KJV)

"For
I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life:" ( John 6:38-40 KJV)

Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.” (Hebrews 7:3 KJV)

“Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you,
Before Abraham was, I am.”

Jesus was led to be tempted of the Devil, note that it was Jesus who was being tempted, and we read

“And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, 2 Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.”...“And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.” ( Luke 4:12 KJV)

“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.” (1 Timothy 3:16 KJV)

Notice the "we" part in men

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.” (John 14:23 KJV)

“Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the
doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.” (2 John 9)
“Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not
the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.”

“And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory
which I had with thee before the world was.”" (John 17:5 KJV)

“But unto
the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.” (Hebrews 1:9 KJV)

“But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall
he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.” (Micah 5:2 KJV)

"Who, being in the
form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" (Philippians 2:6 KJV)

Just a few of the many verses...

Last edited:
Upvote 0