Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I was talking about Mr. Trump's current status.
You mean his current status as former President of the United States? That's what makes him powerful, well that and the fact that his base still seems to dominate the Republican party. For many the standard of how Republican a politician is is directly related to how strongly they support Trump. Even if the media and the Democrats completely ignored him, that would be true.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You mean his current status as former President of the United States? That's what makes him powerful, well that and the fact that his base still seems to dominate the Republican party. For many the standard of how Republican a politician is is directly related to how strongly they support Trump. Even if the media and the Democrats completely ignored him, that would be true.

Ex-presidents don't have any power. How much power did Obama and Bush wield after they became ex-presidents? All of the republican politicians were already politicians before Trump. It's not like he molded them from scratch. There's a difference between democrats ignoring him and giving him a ridiculous amount of attention, which he craves.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
For many the standard of how Republican a politician is is directly related to how strongly they support Trump.
The government is full of power brokers. Trump has the power to make and break Republicans.

The reason is the same as it always is with powerful politicians. Trump simply offers people the prospect of a better future ... and people believe him. It's not at all complicated.
Even if the media and the Democrats completely ignored him, that would be true.
Correct. In fact, the more they attempt to destroy Trump, the stronger they make him. It's a direct correlation. What they should should be doing instead is acknowledging Trump and attempting to persuade people with reasoned arguments instead of demonizing. Again, it's not complicated.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes. Although they're not American voters.
What do you mean "although"? If they are not American then they necessarily are not American voters.

Something closer to normal.
:sigh: And how much is normal in your estimation?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know who that is. I seems there's always been some infamous person who's popped up over the last six years. But I forget their name as soon as they're replaced by someone else.

You don't know who the House Minority leader is? Kevin McCarthy?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You don't know who the House Minority leader is? Kevin McCarthy?

That's what I said. I doubt most normally keep track of who the house minority leader is. During the Mueller investigation several names come up as co conspirators in Russian collusion. Now names are coming up in the Jan 6 investigation. Like I said, names have been coming and going for six years now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean "although"? If they are not American then they necessarily are not American voters.

I said: From what I've seen overall Trump gets talked about more than Putin.

To which you asked: Do you talk to people who are not American?

To elaborate, the answer is yes, but since they're not American voters they're less apt to talk about Trump. What I was saying is that it seems Trump is talked about more than Putin by American voters. Whereas a person I talk to who's from Poland, is more focused on Putin. An exception to that is some Canadian, UK and Australian residents I talk to who talk about Trump at great length.

:sigh: And how much is normal in your estimation?

Something somewhat closer to the attention that was given to Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford and even Nixon after they became ex-presidents.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I said: From what I've seen overall Trump gets talked about more than Putin.

To which you asked: Do you talk to people who are not American?

To elaborate, the answer is yes, but since they're not American voters they're less apt to talk about Trump. What I was saying is that it seems Trump is talked about more than Putin by American voters. Whereas a person I talk to who's from Poland, is more focused on Putin. An exception to that is some Canadian, UK and Australian residents I talk to who talk about Trump at great length.

Something somewhat closer to the attention that was given to Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford and even Nixon after they became ex-presidents.

How many of that list were still cagey about whether they were going to run for President again? British gambling books have Donald Trump as the favorite to win the 2024 presidential election. UK bookmakers: Trump is betting favourite to win 2024 presidential election He is still in the public eye because he could be the next president. Until he stops the rallies, endorsing candidates, and says he will not run again, he will continue to be news. All three of those things are within on his power.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
A loyal subject of the 'great MAGA king'
President Joe Biden dubbed former president Donald Trump "the great MAGA king” and fears Republicans are now embracing an ultra-MAGA agenda. Since I fully embraced the former president’s MAGA (Make America Great Again) rule, I compare myself to a subject who had the opportunity to live under a benevolent, though temperamental, king.
I and fellow subjects thrived under the four-year reign of this king, as we had: border security, respect for law enforcement, victims' rights greater than criminals' rights, energy independence, parental rights in education, equal opportunity and meritocracy, and a thriving economy with many jobs and real wage growth.
Sadly, in 2020, a COVID plague hit our land. This plague, along with a confluence of real and contrived events, led to a hoard from the left overthrowing his reign in 2020.
His successor is a court jester named Joe Biden. This new king and his court are causing ruination throughout our land as his rule leads to: open borders, raging inflation, unaffordable gasoline prices, high crime, culture wars and many other maladies currently afflicting us.
Hopefully, King Biden’s reign will soon end through the success of Republican candidates in the upcoming mid-term and 2024 elections.
Ellan Batavick, La Quinta
Biden calls Trump the 'MAGA king,' and I'm a loyal subject | Letters

Thanks for finding this one. Supplicants are so nauseating.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

How many of that list were still cagey about whether they were going to run for President again? British gambling books have Donald Trump as the favorite to win the 2024 presidential election. UK bookmakers: Trump is betting favourite to win 2024 presidential election He is still in the public eye because he could be the next president. Until he stops the rallies, endorsing candidates, and says he will not run again, he will continue to be news. All three of those things are within on his power.

Trump gets talked about at about the same level as when he was actually the president. And according to what you posted that's because he might run for president again. His winning the first time was a fluke. After seeing how Biden turned out people are going to be less interested in a president who's 78. There's only one time in US history that someone became president twice (inconsecutive terms of office) and that was 129 years ago. But if Trump being given such huge attention is out of fear of him being reelected, the excess publicity is likely to help rather than hurt him. Besides from what I've been hearing for years, Trump is going to jail any day now.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Until he stops the rallies, endorsing candidates, and says he will not run again, he will continue to be news. All three of those things are within on his power.
Why would he stop doing any of those? :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Why would he stop doing any of those? :scratch:

He’s free to do what he wants. But if one were to wonder why he is in the news so much, those are the reasons why much more so than what his haters do.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
He’s free to do what he wants. But if one were to wonder why he is in the news so much, those are the reasons why much more so than what his haters do.
That ... and the fact that he still draws enormous crowds to his rallies ... and additionally enjoys millions of online viewers despite a dearth of any major media coverage.

In fact, the smallest of the news networks, Newsmax, has been gloating that they get more viewers during a Trump rally than the major news networks do, according to the esteemed Nielsen ratings. Millions more apparently tune in to streaming across the various platforms which carry Trump rallies ... again despite the dearth of coverage on any of the so-called major social media platforms.

Upvote 0