The Keep
✟571,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let me know when you find a candidate that is representing conservative thought in this country without resorting to attacking Americans who are "different."

Let me know when you find a candidate that is representing liberal thought in this country without resorting to attacking conservatives with that stereotype.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For me it’s not so much whether someone has misspoken, or even exaggerated about personal details occasionally, that’s pretty much human nature for anyone who talks long enough, although continual gaffes are another thing altogether, and cause for concern. Whether or not a president is viewed as clownish or absurd is generally your own polarized perspective. We know very little about what other world leaders who deal with them on a personal level actually think. What is most important, and what you shouldn’t ignore, is what condition they put the country and world in with their actions and policies. If you just disagree with that situation, it too is probably just your own polarized perspective. On the other hand, if the country is a dumpster fire under their watch… that should be cause for reflection.
Sure, in theory. Any actual discussion of that however needs to begin with recognising that history didn’t begin with whoever happens to be your president at the moment. If you can make your points with a full consideration of all relevant factors, that’s something worth discussing, however most threads of this sort rarely if ever get beyond the most basic arguments based on the most basic and limited considerations.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟652,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sure, in theory. Any actual discussion of that however needs to begin with recognising that history didn’t begin with whoever happens to be your president at the moment.
That's a blame game for those who have no solutions. A true leader takes lemons (if that's really the case) and makes lemonade.

If you can make your points with a full consideration of all relevant factors, that’s something worth discussing, however most threads of this sort rarely if ever get beyond the most basic arguments based on the most basic and limited considerations.
Not many understand or want to discuss the world history leading up to a particular point in time... what should be important to them is how an elected leader rides that bronc when they get on it.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's a blame game for those who have no solutions. A true leader takes lemons (if that's really the case) and makes lemonade.

Not many understand or want to discuss the world history leading up to a particular point in time... what should be important to them is how an elected leader rides that bronc when they get on it.
It’s just reality. Things happened before now. Things that happened before now continue to have effects now and into the future. Without a recognition of those basic facts any discussion is pointless. That’s problem number 1, problem number 2 is just how entrenched the partisan divide in the US is. Those kind of divides exist everywhere, of course, but in the US it can seem as if people were created in separate factories, pre-progammed with a congenital inability to think rationally about ‘the other guy’. That’s where the real blame game is. Notions like everything was great under president X/everything is terrible under president Y represent a failure to understand the bigger picture, that what might be great for one person is bad for another, and so on, on a basic level. Combine that with a tendency to misrepresent facts and figures in favour of whoever the golden boy is, and the aim of having a balanced, reasonable viewpoint with a considered appreciation of the actual facts (not the inflated misrepresentations and meaningless platitudes) becomes impossible.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
iu

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king. - Gandalf

Scary stuff eh?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IDK why those who are against Trump work so hard at keeping him in the spotlight 24/7
Pretending that he doesn’t exist wouldn’t make him go away.

• Haha
Reactions: childeye 2
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king. - Gandalf

Scary stuff eh?
From bankruptcy more shall be borrowed
Plundered the troves of the poor
Repolished will be all that is shiny
Coz there’s always the next dirty score

- way of Trump

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me know when you find a candidate that is representing liberal thought in this country without resorting to attacking conservatives with that stereotype.

It's not a stereotype....
Evidence:
2016 GOP Primary
2022 GOP races...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
??? Um, do you think he would go away if his opponents ignored him ??

Once again, there's a wide margin between ignoring him and giving him more attention that anyone else on earth.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh my how conclusive. Case closed.

A man sees what he wants to see. The fact is, in nearly every GOP primary underway, at least one candidate is looking for Trump's endorsement.

Let's see Mike Pence does....

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's quite a margin between pretending he doesn't exists and keeping the most focused upon person in the world.
Exaggerate much? I strongly believe that the most focused upon person in the world (there's an ill phrase) is Vladimir Putin.

In purely American politics, Donald is an expert in garnering publicity plus he controls a lot of PAC money, thus influence, and he gives good rally. Do you think that shadow banning him would diminish that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Exaggerate much? I strongly believe that the most focused upon person in the world (there's an ill phrase) is Vladimir Putin.

From what I've seen overall Trump gets talked about more than Putin.

In purely American politics, Donald is an expert in garnering publicity plus he controls a lot of PAC money, thus influence, and he gives good rally. Do you think that shadow banning him would diminish that?

I think it's a bit strange that those who are opposed to him give him an over abundance of publicity.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A man sees what he wants to see. The fact is, in nearly every GOP primary underway, at least one candidate is looking for Trump's endorsement.

Let's see Mike Pence does....

You indicated it was all across the board.

wing2000 said:
Let me know when you find a candidate that is representing conservative thought in this country without resorting to attacking Americans who are "different."

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So?

I still don't know if you think Trump would go away if his opponents ignored him .

It's not a matter of ignoring him and him going away. Why do so many seem to think in polar opposites? Like the only two approaches possible are maximum attention or totally ignoring.

Upvote 0