altya

Servant of God
Apr 28, 2002
South Africa
Visit site
✟14,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Everything on earth that lives is bound to die someday. No creatures have the power to ‘side-step’ death. Death is the result of sin. Nothing or no one can escape it. Men have discovered lots of things and developed cure for almost every sickness but they could not get anything to overcome death with. But Jesus did.

-John 11:25 - Jesus said unto her, I AM THE RESURRETION, and the life: he that believeth in me, THOUGH HE WERE DEAD, YET SHALL HE LIVE:

Through the resurrection of Jesus Christ we gain the power of the resurrection in our lives, to enable us to live beyond death.

Jesus resurrection made it possible for those who know God to enjoy meaningful life after the grave, with the whole person put back together—body, soul, spirit, heart, mind, and all.
In God’s sight, the individual is incomplete without his body. And even though the body that believers receive at their resurrection will be different (the issue that puzzled the Corinthians and that is addressed in 1 Cor. 15), it will somehow be like the body they had earlier, retaining personal identity. Jesus possessed this kind of body after His resurrection, so that His friends were able to recognize Him.

The bodily resurrection of Jesus was a demonstration that the Father approved the ‘cross- work’ of the Son.
-Romans 4:25- who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification
This indicates that He was “raised on account of our justification,” i.e. because justification had been accomplished.

Without the bodily resurrection we would never know if the basic problem of sin and spiritual death had been solved. All that was needed for justification had already been accomplished, so the Father raised the Son as a visible proof that the sin question had been settled.