The resurrection isn't a literal resurrection or never literally happened...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

I heard there are actually some denominations and Christian schools and theological seminaries that are actually teaching this...?

This got me and made me mad and full of zeal, it took a couple days for me to calm down when I heard this... How can they teach and believe this...? Are all the stories a lie? That has to be what they think... Not only Jesus, but what about Lazarus and others that were resurrected...? All the people that were resurrected at the moment of Jesus dying and walked the streets of Jerusalem? All a lie, I guess?

I will admit that the spiritual aspect, the spiritual/metaphorical application and meaning of the literal happenings in the Bible is very important, especially today. And how all the other literal happenings in the Bible, of a people, nation, and/or a world and how it applies spiritually/metaphorically; how it spiritually applies to an individual, is very important, especially today... But, those events, especially Jesus literally dying and literally being raised from the dead, did literally happen... This is central and essential to Christianity and Christian beliefs...

I heard there are so-called Christian denominations and Christian schools and theological seminaries who are actually teaching that Jesus, and no one in the Bible was literally brought back or resurrected from the dead... How can they get away with this??? They don't have the right to call themselves "Christian" in my opinion, let alone teach anyone about, or call themselves "Christian"... It is "another gospel"... An apostate, heretical one in my view...

Comments?

God Bless!

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First let me say that I believe these things literally happened. Just to avoid any misunderstanding. Now having said that: I believe that all literal things are signs. They are "shadows" of "very images", as it were. They are signs pointing our attention beyond the sign, to the immaterial thing being made manifest it the sign. For example, the teachings of Jesus can "open the eyes" of the "spiritually blind" to immaterial truths of immeasurable value (the treasures of the kingdom: wisdom, knowledge, understanding, love, forgiveness, grace, etc.). Now, to "approve" that the teachings of Christ could do this to "closed spiritual eyes", God confirmed the teachings with "signs", and so Jesus would literally give sight to the physically blind.

In doing this, it was to point to His teachings, restoring "spiritual sight": so the sign is important in confirming the spiritual truth toward which is points by way of phyical manifestation: open eyes of literal blind -> open eyes of spiritual blind. Right?

Now, if I am talking to someone who says "I believe the teachings of Christ can open the spiritual eyes" then it doesn't matter if he believes the "literal sign" since he is already at the place to which the literal "sign" points others. The "sign" is to get people who aren't at that place, to point them in the direction of that place. But we shouldn't fixate on the sign, but move beyond it in understanding toward the "very image" toward which it points. So again, the person who says "I don't believe the literal" is really only saying "I didn't need the sign to get to where the sign points" because, he's already there.

So I wouldn't jump up and cry "Heresy! False! No brother of mine!" when he is sitting at the exact same place as anyone else should be, if they aren't fixating on the sign. In fact, he is better off than the person who sees the literal sign, and says "The man can heal the literal blind! Go fetch our literally blind brother!" brings the literally blind brother, Jesus heals him; then the two wander off saying "Boy! He literally opened your eyes!" while still having their spiritual eyes covered in darkness. Do you know what I mean?

So, everything literal is a sign, even the crucifixion and resurrection: the "sign of Jonah" (Matthew 12:38-40). My question is, what do people see in the crucifixion? What is the "sign"? Are we stopping short at the physical? Or, seeing where that sign is pointing us toward the "very image"? Because, if we are only seeing the literal, and that is becoming our object of worship; I would advise: Moses lifted up a serpent in the wilderness: Numbers 21:8-9, John 3:14: but be careful: 2 Kings 18:4. If we're not moving beyond to the spiritual, and dwelling on the carnal; fixating on the earthly, then; the sign isn't doing us any more good than the man who brought his brother to be literally healed, and went away still blinded from truth.

Upvote 0

smithed64

To Die is gain, To Live is Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Your right, if they deny the resurrection. Then they have no base for them to call themselves Christian....they are not Christian.

Islam denies the resurrection...do they call them Christian?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
First let me say that I believe these things literally happened. Just to avoid any misunderstanding. Now having said that: I believe that all literal things are signs. They are "shadows" of "very images", as it were. They are signs pointing our attention beyond the sign, to the immaterial thing being made manifest it the sign. For example, the teachings of Jesus can "open the eyes" of the "spiritually blind" to immaterial truths of immeasurable value (the treasures of the kingdom: wisdom, knowledge, understanding, love, forgiveness, grace, etc.). Now, to "approve" that the teachings of Christ could do this to "closed spiritual eyes", God confirmed the teachings with "signs", and so Jesus would literally give sight to the physically blind.

In doing this, it was to point to His teachings, restoring "spiritual sight": so the sign is important in confirming the spiritual truth toward which is points by way of phyical manifestation: open eyes of literal blind -> open eyes of spiritual blind. Right?

Now, if I am talking to someone who says "I believe the teachings of Christ can open the spiritual eyes" then it doesn't matter if he believes the "literal sign" since he is already at the place to which the literal "sign" points others. The "sign" is to get people who aren't at that place, to point them in the direction of that place. But we shouldn't fixate on the sign, but move beyond it in understanding toward the "very image" toward which it points. So again, the person who says "I don't believe the literal" is really only saying "I didn't need the sign to get to where the sign points" because, he's already there.

So I wouldn't jump up and cry "Heresy! False! No brother of mine!" when he is sitting at the exact same place as anyone else should be, if they aren't fixating on the sign. In fact, he is better off than the person who sees the literal sign, and says "The man can heal the literal blind! Go fetch our literally blind brother!" brings the literally blind brother, Jesus heals him; then the two wander off saying "Boy! He literally opened your eyes!" while still having their spiritual eyes covered in darkness. Do you know what I mean?

So, everything literal is a sign, even the crucifixion and resurrection: the "sign of Jonah" (Matthew 12:38-40). My question is, what do people see in the crucifixion? What is the "sign"? Are we stopping short at the physical? Or, seeing where that sign is pointing us toward the "very image"? Because, if we are only seeing the literal, and that is becoming our object of worship; I would advise: Moses lifted up a serpent in the wilderness: Numbers 21:8-9, John 3:14: but be careful: 2 Kings 18:4. If we're not moving beyond to the spiritual, and dwelling on the carnal; fixating on the earthly, then; the sign isn't doing us any more good than the man who brought his brother to be literally healed, and went away still blinded from truth.
What do you think are some literal happenings where the primary focus today should be one the metaphorical or symbolic or spiritual aspect or meaning of how that would metaphorically apply, in or to, an individual's life, and living, and what do you think some of them are?

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you think are some literal happenings where the primary focus today should be one the metaphorical or symbolic or spiritual aspect or meaning of how that would metaphorically apply, in or to, an individual's life, and living, and what do you think some of them are?

Well. Everything. Our entire "material reality" is designed by God as analogue of "spiritual reality": meaning, the material existence is material metaphors emergent from the immaterial and eternal world of idea. If someone is eating too fast and they choke, they're experiencing the material manifestation of the spiritual idea that, if you try to learn too much too fast, it will cause your understanding to halt; you'll choke. The process of material eating and digestion is the material "shadow" of the immaterial "very image" process of "eating and digesting information"

Everything material is an analogue of everything immaterial. Immaterial ideas couched in material cloaks, as it were. We're living in a world of metaphor. The ideas are eternal, immaterial, and gave "birth" to the material expression of the "parent" idea. The immaterial idea of creation through joining in union different ideas is eternal and immaterial: and emergent from that eternal and immaterial idea, came material union between physical man and woman. The latter being the analogical expression of the immaterial idea of creation.

Does this make sense? Am I understanding what you're asking?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Well. Everything. Our entire "material reality" is designed by God as analogue of "spiritual reality": meaning, the material existence is material metaphors emergent from the immaterial and eternal world of idea. If someone is eating too fast and they choke, they're experiencing the material manifestation of the spiritual idea that, if you try to learn too much too fast, it will cause your understanding to halt; you'll choke. The process of material eating and digestion is the material "shadow" of the immaterial "very image" process of "eating and digesting information"

Everything material is an analogue of everything immaterial. Immaterial ideas couched in material cloaks, as it were. We're living in a world of metaphor. The ideas are eternal, immaterial, and gave "birth" to the material expression of the "parent" idea. The immaterial idea of creation through joining in union different ideas is eternal and immaterial: and emergent from that eternal and immaterial idea, came material union between physical man and woman. The latter being the analogical expression of the immaterial idea of creation.

General, but good words, but I was looking for more specific examples though...?

Eating physically and eating food spiritually is as close as you got to something specific, like how Jesus said to his disciples that "he had food to eat of which they did not know of" and they thought and perhaps said among themselves thinking physically, "no one has brought him anything to eat have they?" And Jesus said his (spiritual) food, was "to be doing his Father's will..."

Which should be our spiritual food also as Christian's, is do, now his, and the Father's will...

Can you think of others...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I might not be understanding what you're asking. From my point of view, it sounds like you're asking me, "Can you think of other things that exist?" and I'm having a moment like this:

tumblr_inline_mfe0osqEWC1qjxfzm.gif

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

General, but good words, but I was looking for more specific examples though...?

Eating physically and eating food spiritually is as close as you got to something specific, like how Jesus said to his disciples that "he had food to eat of which they did not know of" and they thought and perhaps said among themselves thinking physically, "no one has brought him anything to eat have they?" And Jesus said his (spiritual) food, was "to be doing his Father's will..."

Which should be our spiritual food also as Christian's, is do, now his, and the Father's will...

God Bless!

I've heard some pastor's say, "You gotta fight and defeat you giant", Or, "You've got to conquer and take and possess your promised land" They did not mean literally, nor did they necessarily mean outside of you, but "within", spiritual forces in you, inside of you...

I heard one say "You've got to build your ark, by faith" "You've got to work at building your ark, by faith, like Noah..." Wasn't real clear on how that applies to within an individual though, but I know it does have an inner spiritual meaning or side or metaphorical aspect to it though...

"We and our bodies is the temple or tabernacle of God" Is another one I'm not real clear on how that applies to within an individual, but I know it, and all the parts of the things in the temple, I know it also does have an inner spiritual meaning or side or metaphorical aspect to it though, that applies to what is within an individual...

Some say the things depicted in paradise or the things depicted in heaven are like this also, though I do not claim to fully understand that, or how it does, but, I do believe it most definitely does...?

Can anyone think of other's...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've heard some pastor's say, "You gotta fight and defeat you giant", Or, "You've got to conquer and take and possess your promised land" They did not mean literally, nor did they necessarily mean outside of you, but "within", spiritual forces in you, inside of you...

Right, that is what I'm meaning. Everything material is a metaphor. Though "you gotta fight and defeat your giant" I may be at odds with and propose it's subtly askew from the truth, and could actually do more harm than good. That's because the scripture actually has David saying 1 Samuel 17:47 And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD’S, and he will give you into our hands. "You gotta fight and defeat" subtly shifts the battle from the strength of Lord, to, the strength of the man. God always makes sure that everyone knows they don't win any battles because of their own hand: Judges 7:2. God makes sure we know that our enemy cannot be defeated by us, and sends enemies far beyond our ability to fight against, to ensure that when the enemy is defeated, we know for sure it wasn't because of us.

Some say the things depicted in paradise or the things depicted in heaven are like this also, though I do not claim to fully understand that, or how it does, but, I do believe it most definitely does...?

I would agree: it's the "heavenly pattern" that builds the "earthly pattern": Hebrews 8:5, 1 Chronicles 28:11-13. Immaterial pattern made manifest in the material. Even as mentioned, the temple of God being a physical metaphor of an immaterial idea. That's why Jesus said, the kingdom of God doesn't come with observation (Luke 17:20-21): because it's immaterial.

Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are two words commonly translated resurrection. The first means "came back to life", the second means "raised up proper status". Of course, both happened to Jesus, and both will happen to us in due course. But I can see, if someone were to discover the second meaning, and focus on that, without also focusing on the first, he could easily decide that the resurrection is all about symbol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I heard there are actually some denominations and Christian schools and theological seminaries that are actually teaching this...?

This got me and made me mad and full of zeal, it took a couple days for me to calm down when I heard this... How can they teach and believe this...? Are all the stories a lie? That has to be what they think... Not only Jesus, but what about Lazarus and others that were resurrected...? All the people that were resurrected at the moment of Jesus dying and walked the streets of Jerusalem? All a lie, I guess?

I will admit that the spiritual aspect, the spiritual/metaphorical application and meaning of the literal happenings in the Bible is very important, especially today. And how all the other literal happenings in the Bible, of a people, nation, and/or a world and how it applies spiritually/metaphorically; how it spiritually applies to an individual, is very important, especially today... But, those events, especially Jesus literally dying and literally being raised from the dead, did literally happen... This is central and essential to Christianity and Christian beliefs...

I heard there are so-called Christian denominations and Christian schools and theological seminaries who are actually teaching that Jesus, and no one in the Bible was literally brought back or resurrected from the dead... How can they get away with this??? They don't have the right to call themselves "Christian" in my opinion, let alone teach anyone about, or call themselves "Christian"... It is "another gospel"... An apostate, heretical one in my view...

Comments?

God Bless!

As per I Corinthians 15:17- If Christ is not risen then your faith is futile and you are still in your sins.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Right, that is what I'm meaning. Everything material is a metaphor. Though "you gotta fight and defeat your giant" I may be at odds with and propose it's subtly askew from the truth, and could actually do more harm than good. That's because the scripture actually has David saying 1 Samuel 17:47 And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD’S, and he will give you into our hands. "You gotta fight and defeat" subtly shifts the battle from the strength of Lord, to, the strength of the man.

Yes, but David had to make the choice and have the courage and put out the effort and take his steps toward the giant and sling the rock that killed him, and go and cut off his head... True it was all because of the Lord, but if we just think we can lie back and do nothing and God will take care of it all, that's not right either, spiritually speaking we have to turn, face, and confront, and stop running from our demons and even speak against them, or at least wage war with them, in word, thought's, actions, and deeds and God will be with us in the battle if we believe in him and believe this... But, he does not do it all for us, but ensures the victory when you are confident in him in the battle...

I would agree: it's the "heavenly pattern" that builds the "earthly pattern": Hebrews 8:5, 1 Chronicles 28:11-13. Immaterial pattern made manifest in the material. Even as mentioned, the temple of God being a physical metaphor of an immaterial idea. That's why Jesus said, the kingdom of God doesn't come with observation (Luke 17:20-21): because it's immaterial.
Yes, I don't understand it all either, but I do believe this...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
True it was all because of the Lord, but if we just think we can lie back and do nothing and God will take care of it all, that's not right either, spiritually speaking we have to turn, face, and confront, and stop running from our demons and even speak against them, or at least wage war with them, in word, thought's, actions

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you meaning, we have to do the work for God to save us? I do agree the scripture makes it clear we have to put our faith in God to fight the battle and get us the victory. I'm not understanding where the "God will take care of it" becomes, "not right" and, we need to take care of it ourselves? Is there any way I could get an analogue? Some kind of, example of what you're meaning to say?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you meaning, we have to do the work for God to save us? I do agree the scripture makes it clear we have to put our faith in God to fight the battle and get us the victory. I'm not understanding where the "God will take care of it" becomes, "not right" and, we need to take care of it ourselves? Is there any way I could get an analogue? Some kind of, example of what you're meaning to say?
You've probably heard "we do not, or are not to try and direct our steps" but, we do have to think with our mind and our brain to signal to the leg to move to take a step, were just supposed to have our faith in God, as to how or where our foot lands after taking a step, then think with our mind to tell our leg to move our foot to take another step with faith and dependence and trust in God as to how and where it lands, then think to take another, ect, ect...

This is how I believe it works with our decision making process with God, what is important is to stop and think talking to and being aware of God in the decision, then making the decision, trusting in God's leading, direction and guidance at every step, at every decision...

As long as we are cooperating and are consciously aware of God's influence and will in our decision making and get used to being able to listen to it, we may be able to walk several steps, or make several decisions in a row as long as we practice or have practiced and get used to automatically, almost like a flow, as long as we are cooperating and are consciously aware of God's influence and will in and are getting very used to, to where we know how to listen and get near automatic responses from God in all our decision making process...

We will walk slow at first, like rehabilitating someone who has lost the ability to walk, into walking again (which spiritually speaking is a lot of us who are not used to listening to God yet) anyways, eventually you will be able to walk, and in time even run, and do hurdles or run in race, eventually...

It is a cooperation, a co-venture with God, this life is or should be if you truly have him in your life...

It takes practice...

God Bless!

OH, P.S. Salvation is not anything we do except decide to believe and have faith, the process I'm talking about above is not about salvation but how to walk with God in life...

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You've probably heard "we do not, or are not to try and direct our steps" but, we do have to think with our mind and our brain to signal to the leg to move to take a step, were just supposed to have our faith in God, as to how or where our foot lands after taking a step, then think with our mind to tell our leg to move our foot to take another step with faith and dependence and trust in God as to how and where it lands, then think to take another, ect, ect...

This is how I believe it works with our decision making process with God, what is important is to stop and think talking to and being aware of God in the decision, then making the decision, trusting in God's leading, direction and guidance at every step, at every decision...

As long as we are cooperating and are consciously aware of God's influence and will in our decision making and get used to being able to listen to it, we may be able to walk several steps, or make several decisions in a row as long as we practice or have practiced and get used to automatically, almost like a flow, as long as we are cooperating and are consciously aware of God's influence and will in and are getting very used to, to where we know how to listen and get near automatic responses from God in all our decision making process...

We will walk slow at first, like rehabilitating someone who has lost the ability to walk, into walking again (which spiritually speaking is a lot of us who are not used to listening to God yet) anyways, eventually you will be able to walk, and in time even run, and do hurdles or run in race, eventually...

It is a cooperation, a co-venture with God, this life is or should be if you truly have him in your life...

It takes practice...

God Bless!

OH, P.S. Salvation is not anything we do except decide to believe and have faith, the process I'm talking about above is not about salvation but how to walk with God in life...

I'm meaning something a little more practical. Like, pick a giant, and how would you advise someone who said to you "I'm too weak and can't overcome the giant; how is he overcome?" All I can say is that, from my experience, I never even had to really try, it just happened. My "sins" I never tried to fight myself, it wasn't possible. I just, trusted that God would do the fighting and deliver me from that captivity when He wished, according to His own time and purpose. Then, after time, I just, stopped. No effort necessary on my part; it just happened. I can't look back and say "I did a great job of beating the giant with the help of God" all I can say is "God did a great job of beating the giant I couldn't, and delivering me: and I got a whole lot of patience, endurance, experience, etc. in the process" so if someone said "How do I stop doing what I don't want to do?" I would say "I believe you should sit back and let God work according to His will and purpose. You're in captivity, and only God can deliver you from this. In the meanwhile, let it increase your faith, hope, patience, endurance, etc. and wait for God"

But you would advise, what? What is the practical method of "co-operating with God"? I'm sincerely asking this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm meaning something a little more practical. Like, pick a giant, and how would you advise someone who said to you "I'm too weak and can't overcome the giant; how is he overcome?" All I can say is that, from my experience, I never even had to really try, it just happened. My "sins" I never tried to fight myself, it wasn't possible. I just, trusted that God would do the fighting and deliver me from that captivity when He wished, according to His own time and purpose. Then, after time, I just, stopped. No effort necessary on my part; it just happened. I can't look back and say "I did a great job of beating the giant with the help of God" all I can say is "God did a great job of beating the giant I couldn't, and delivering me: and I got a whole lot of patience, endurance, experience, etc. in the process" so if someone said "How do I stop doing what I don't want to do?" I would say "I believe you should sit back and let God work according to His will and purpose. You're in captivity, and only God can deliver you from this. In the meanwhile, let it increase your faith, hope, patience, endurance, etc. and wait for God"

But you would advise, what? What is the practical method of "co-operating with God"? I'm sincerely asking this.
Well, I can't speak for everyone's experience, cause each is unique and different, but I will agree with you that there are times when God want's us to just sit back, relax, trust in him and watch him work... But, like, in my particular case, right now anyways, he wants me to take steps and learn to walk with him in full cooperation, by being constantly aware of him and seeking his guidance and direction in my "doings" I've had times of rest and sitting back, and at the time, that is what wanted me to do, but, now, he wants to learn to walk and operate and work, in "cooperation" with him...

He did do many, many things "for" me already, the kind of stuff you speak of, I have experienced and seen and know firsthand as well... I'm just not in those times anymore, now he want's me to learn to "walk with him" not apart from him, not him doing the walking for me, but with him, along with him... He want's me to learn and grow and gain and get experience with this right now... That's just where I am at right now... This was after he did kill many of my giants with very little effort from me... But, like I said "Now" now that I'm not as hindered or tied up from doing, he wants me to learn to do, but with him...

I guess it's just me, for there are times of sitting back, relaxing, trusting in God and watching him work...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, I can't speak for everyone's experience, cause each is unique and different, but I will agree with you that there are times when God want's us to just sit back, relax, trust in him and watch him work... But, like, in my particular case, right now anyways, he wants me to take steps and learn to walk with him in full cooperation, by being constantly aware of him and seeking his guidance and direction in my "doings" I've had times of rest and sitting back, and at the time, that is what wanted me to do, but, now, he wants to learn to walk and operate and work, in "cooperation" with him...

He did do many, many things "for" me already, the kind of stuff you speak of, I have experienced and seen and know firsthand as well... I'm just not in those times anymore, now he want's me to learn to "walk with him" not apart from him, not him doing the walking for me, but with him, along with him... He want's me to learn and grow and gain and get experience with this right now... That's just where I am at right now... This was after he did kill many of my giants with very little effort from me... But, like I said "Now" now that I'm not as hindered or tied up from doing, he wants me to learn to do, but with him...

I guess it's just me, for there are times of sitting back, relaxing, trusting in God and watching him work...

God Bless!
I would say that when we are or are feeling really tied up and bound, this is usually when he wants us to just sit back, relax, trust in God and watch him work...

But, when were not so bound or tied up, and we feel a kind of light freedom to work and do, this is when he usually wants us to learn and he wants to teach us how to walk with him...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But, like, in my particular case, right now anyways, he wants me to take steps and learn to walk with him in full cooperation, by being constantly aware of him and seeking his guidance and direction in my "doings" I've had times of rest and sitting back, and at the time, that is what wanted me to do, but, now, he wants to learn to walk and operate and work, in "cooperation" with him...

I understand what you mean by this, I really do. I feel the same way, which is why I sincerely asked the question because I'm seeking to understand that idea in a practical way. I feel it, and understand it, but am not sure how it's made practical, if you know what I mean? At this point, I'm content not to "overthink" things and jump the proverbial gun; but wait for God to reveal the understanding. But, you know, God does this through many means, such as, forum discussion, and such things; all around us. So, I explore the avenues that are put before me; waiting for the proverbial unveiling of the understanding.

Anyway, this has gone off-topic so, thanks for the replies. It's always interesting.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I understand what you mean by this, I really do. I feel the same way, which is why I sincerely asked the question because I'm seeking to understand that idea in a practical way. I feel it, and understand it, but am not sure how it's made practical, if you know what I mean? At this point, I'm content not to "overthink" things and jump the proverbial gun; but wait for God to reveal the understanding. But, you know, God does this through many means, such as, forum discussion, and such things; all around us. So, I explore the avenues that are put before me; waiting for the proverbial unveiling of the understanding.

Anyway, this has gone off-topic so, thanks for the replies. It's always interesting.
Yeah, sure, I enjoyed your replies as well, and I know what you mean, thank you as well,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
This also comes to mind regarding the Resurrection and the Life which is in Christ, the Rock of our salvation.

Job 19:25-27 21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

25 For I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth;

26 and though after my skin, worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God,

27 whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another, though my reins be consumed within me.

Upvote 0