Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Established by Grace

God’s grace will successfully bring our salvation to completion. He gives us both the desire and ability to work out our salvation. It is God all the way. We are not saved because we believe. We believe because God has caused us to believe.

Grace is the spontaneous generosity of God’s heart without any expectation of return and no strings attached. Grace causes us to choose righteousness. We are saved by grace, we walk by grace, and we are kept by grace. It is grace all the way.

Under the law God said, “you shall and I will.” But under grace God says “I will and you shall because I will do the you shall through you.

God will arrange circumstances that will cause us to lose all confidence in the flesh. When grace comes into our life, He becomes a life style. Grace is our Lord Jesus Christ Himself. Where true grace abounds, righteousness will be the result.

Grace is so expansive that it will cause everyone to be saved.

It will result in the total restoration of every creature. Every preacher who fights the message of the salvation of all will also fight the message of grace and will try to shackle you with the law of only if you “do” will you be saved. But it’s only because He has saved you that you will “do” what He wants you to do. God will cause grace to expand in our consciousness until we understand that it will include everyone.

Grace doesn’t give anyone a second chance. Grace doesn’t even give anyone a first chance.

Grace effectively saves. It doesn’t just give us a chance to be saved. If you can’t believe in Jesus right now, just wait. A time is coming when God’s grace will cause you to believe in Him. When God gives you faith to believe it will be impossible for you not to believe. Grace will effectively constrain us to be conformed to His image. - Ray Prinzing-

From Him, through Him, to Him

• Agree
Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
“Love conquers all, for it is the love of God that allows humanity to see its frailty that in the bitter dregs it may choose life.

I thank the Lord that the plan of redemption wasn’t a stop gap measure but a well thought out plan that in the fullness of time, all will have Christ as their head. Victory in Jesus!

Before creation there was no time. Since creation there has been time. But with the consummation of things and God becoming All in all, time will end, and sin, which is limited by time shall end. Yet, God and creation shall go on.

If God cannot surmount the evil in the world and turn it all into good, then there is a power equal and opposite to Him. But sin isn’t eternal.

The cross of Calvary isn’t a ‘hope so’ move by God, but rather, a well conceived thought out solution to the problem of sin. There is an end to sin and to the death it causes. All shall be swallowed up into victory. Some, God has planned to accept Him now. Others, like Pharaoh, He hardens their heart. But being a righteous Judge He will show wrath on those who need it to cleanse them of their fallen nature.

The plan of God is such that His grace, that unmerited favor, will cause man and all of creation to be restored. Great was the joy of the father for the return of his son. How much more so will God be rejoicing at the restitution of all.

A father never beats a child to death for wrong, but corrects and loves regardless. Even so is our Heavenly Father. The mercy and love of God is to be so revealed that Jesus shall be All in all.

The purpose for the present is to save some. The purpose for the future is to save all.

Because men have failed to see and understand the doctrine of election, it has propagated false ideas of salvation. Even he who dies in sin shall be saved as by fire. Victorious grace covers a larger redemption than many would consider.”

-The Gospel of grace -Chas. W. Weller

Every knee, every tongue, in every dimension of heaven & earth & underworld worshipping in antiphonal chorus

• Agree
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
God loves His sheep & His goats

“He saves the sheep, the goats he doth not save!”

So rang Tertullian’s sentence, on the side

Of that unpitying Phrygian sect which cried, –

“Him can no fount of fresh forgiveness lave

Who sins, once washed by the baptismal wave!”

So spake the fierce Tertullian. But she sighed,

The infant church, of love she felt the tide

Stream on her from her Lord’s yet recent grave,

And then she smiled, and in the Catacombs,

With eye suffused, but heart inspired true,

On those walls subterranean, where she hid

Her head in ignominy, death and tombs,

She her Good Shepherd’s hasty image drew,

And on His shoulders, not a lamb, a kid.

Mercy Not Sacrifice: UR View of the Early Church Fathers

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
To you who follow this thread, please take a few moments to take a glimpse at the early catacombs of the early Church. Behold what the Master of reconciliation has on His shoulder>>>>

christ%20catacombs_thumb%5B20%5D

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
“That Christ should have descended to assume the nature of all men, only to cast them away as refuse to be burned, does so contradict His revelation that it is no wonder that the idea of everlasting damnation should have destroyed men’s belief.

No, the earthly dead will move on, a mighty stream to mingle in the ocean of the righteousness of God, on that far off but certain day when God will be All in all.” -Stopford A. Brooke

Saved & reconciled & made righteous

“Given a hell of torment and despair for millions of our friends and fellow men, can the good enjoy heaven except by becoming bad, – miraculously changed and changed deplorably for the worst. In a word, putting on, along with the white garments of the redeemed, a coldness and hardness of heart? Does not this simple reflection suffice to disperse into thin air the current notions of a world of everlasting pain?” -W.R. Greg-

No more pain, no more sorrow, the radical ALL made new

"Behold I make all things new."

New= unprecedented in scope.

• Agree
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Circus Man

I WAS educated in the strictest So-called "orthodox faith." When I was from ten to fourteen years of age, I attended prayer meetings where I could almost feel the burning waves and smell the sulphurous fumes. I remember the shrieks and groans of suffering children and parents and even aged grandparents. I would return to my home and with the utmost sincerity ask God to take me out of the world if He would only Save me from hell. I professed to love God, Said I hoped I loved Him as I heard my elders do. Necessarily before this seething sulphurous sea of flame my love must have been similar to the love a woman would feel to a tyrant who with a loaded pistol pointed at her heart bade her love him or die. I grew to know that true love cannot be forced. We cannot love the unlovely. "We love Him because He first loved us."

In speaking of my Universalist faith I shall not stop to defend those basal beliefs on which it rests in common with all other Christian doctrines. I shall assume, without giving my reasons, the being of God, the authority of Jesus, the truth of the trend of Scripture, and the immortality of all Souls. I shall speak chiefly on only those points which differentiate mine from other Christian sects. I can make no argument for a universe finally obedient which will have any force to one who denies the being of God. An argument for endless discord can be made which all atheists would accept : indeed, all modern arguments for that idea play into the hands of atheists.

These arguments assert a God who either cannot, or will not, bring the creation of His hands to order; hence he is not God -not infinite. His name should begin with a small letter. The atheist accepts the argument, and if there is an arch-fiend he certainly laughs. No argument for a finally harmonious universe can be made save on the basis of Christian theism. I do not, indeed, insist that a man must accept my definition or conception of Deity; but some conception which does not rob Him of the necessary attributes of His being. He may say with Arnold, " A power not ourselves which makes for righteousness." Very well; if only Arnold's God continues to make for righteousness, Universalism is assured. If, however, one is able to say with Jesus, "Our Father who art in heaven," the argument is still stronger. To him who believes neither of these ideas of God nor their equivalent, I can make no argument which will avail.

Continued below

WHY I AM A UNIVERSALIST - P.T. BARNUM

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
There lives within my heart,
A hope long nursed by me;
And should its cheering ray depart,
How dark my soul would be.

That as in Adam all have died,
In Christ shall all men live;
And ever round His throne abide
Eternal praise to give.

That even the wicked shall at last
Be fitted for the skies;
And when their dreadful doom is past
To light and life arise.

I ask not how remote the day,
Nor what the sinner’s woe,
Before their dross is purged away;
Enough for me to know,

That when the cup of wrath is drained,
The metal purified,
They’ll cling to what they once disdained
And live by Him Who died. -Helen Bronte-

Anne Bronte and universalism

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Antiphonal Worship

You are worthy to take the scroll,
And to open its seals;
For You were slain,
And have redeemed us to God by Your blood
Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,
And have made us kings and priests to our God;
And we shall reign on the earth.”

Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice:

“Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
To receive power and riches and wisdom,
And strength and honor and glory and blessing!”

And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:

"Blessing and honor and glory and power
Be to Him who sits on the throne,
And to the Lamb, forever and ever!”

Then the four living creatures said, “Amen!” And the twenty-four elders fell down and worshipped Him who lives forever and ever.

A.T. Robertson Word Pictures=

Every created thing (pan ktisma). Every creature in a still wider antiphonal circle beyond the circle of angels (from ktizw, for which see 1 Timothy 4:4 ; James 1:18 ), from all the four great fields of life (in heaven, upon the earth, under the earth as in verse James 3 , with on the sea epi th qalassh added). No created thing is left out. This universal chorus of praise to Christ from all created life reminds one of the profound mystical passage in Romans 8:20-22 concerning the sympathetic agony of creation (ktisi) in hope of freedom from the bondage of corruption. If the trail of the serpent is on all creation, it will be ultimately thrown off.

Let's speak today regarding our Fathers cherished purpose in the Son of His love, our Lord and Saviour of all mankind, Christ Jesus our Lord.

"..so abundant was God's grace,the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it—the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him.In Him we also have been made heirs, having been chosen beforehand in accordance with the intention of Him whose might carries out in everything the design of His own will, so that we should be devoted to the extolling of His glorious attributes.

• Agree
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
God must be accomplishing a design invariable and without the shadow of turning, the design to save every one of us everlastingly. –Florence Nightingale

God will seek us – how long? Until he finds us. And when he’s found the last little shriveling rebellious soul and has depopulated hell, then death will be swallowed up in victory, and Christ will turn over all things to the Father that he may be all and in all. Then every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. --Clarence Jordan - (founder of Koinonia Community, author of “Cotton Patch Gospel”)

I trust that in Jesus Christ shall “all the families of the earth be blessed,” by being yet connected together in a better world, where every tie that bound heart to heart in this state of existence shall be far beyond our present conception, more enduring. –Robert Burns, 1789

“The restoration of the whole human race to purity and happiness.”

This benevolent doctrine—which not only goes far as to solve the great problem of moral and physical evil, but which would, if received more generally, tend to soften the spirit of uncharitableness, so fatally prevalent among Christian sects—was maintained by that great light of the early church, Origen, and has not wanted supporters among more modern theologians. –Thomas Moore 1779-1852

The Holy Spirit establishes the righteousness of heaven in the midst of the unrighteousness of earth, and will not stop or stay until all that is dead has been brought back to life and a new world has come into being. --Karl Barth

If you want the full and eternal truth, you have to go back to foundational beginnings. Are hell and sin and God’s judgments anywhere in Genesis 1 or 2? No. They aren’t there. God did not intend for them to be there. His intent was perfection. Thus I believe that such a foundation leads to the inescapable conclusion that perfection will again reign throughout the universe, and that sin (and hell) will ultimately be defeated. How else will God’s original intent ultimately be accomplished? –Michael Phillips

In each dispensation, God has a definite and different immediate purpose, all working toward the ultimate purpose of ridding the universe of all rebellion, so that all free moral agents will be willingly and eternally subject to God, Christ, and the Holy Ghost, as originally planned, with God all in all forever. --Finis Dake, “Notes on Genesis” in Dake’s Bible

Apokatastasis (the restoration of all things) represents an ultimate consequence of doctrine of the aeons, and as such a theological necessity. –Walter Kunneth

This sublime revelation of the extent of redemption as commensurate with the whole creation is brought out especially in…Philippians 2:9-10, Colossians 1:20-21. The solitary prisoner, Paul, could see farthest into the glory of the Divine Counsels. --B.F. Westcott, of Westcott and Hort

The Spirit of the Lord says within my soul, that the kingly nature of the Son of God is purposed to be revealed in the nature of every man, that Christ’s kingliness may be prevalent in all the world and govern the heart of every man, even as it governs the heart of those who know Him and have entered. –John G. Lake

The aim of redemption is to let Christ have the pre-eminence in all things. In order to have this first place in all things, Christ must first have the pre-eminence in us. And why? Because we are the firstfruits of all creation (James 1:18). After we are in subjection to Christ, all other things will follow in subjection… --Watchman Nee-

In the perspective of the future we have stopped short of the far-off goal, and explained the finale of God’s purposes by the episode or process on the way thereto. --A.E. Saxby

Why good men should be so averse to admit it, I know not; - into their own hearts at least, however they might object to its promulgation among the bulk of mankind. But perhaps the world is not ripe for it yet. I have frequently thought that since it has pleased God to leave it in darkness so long respecting this particular truth, and often to use 'such doubtful language as to admit of such a general misconception thereupon, he must have some good reason for it. We see how liable men are to yield to the temptations of the passing hour; how little the dread of future punishment - how still less the promise of future reward can avail to make them forbear and wait; and if so many thousands rush into destruction with (as they suppose) the prospect of Eternal Death before their eyes, - what might not the consequence be, if that prospect were changed for one of a limited season of punishment, far distant and unseen, - however protracted and terrible it might be? I thankfully cherish this belief; I honour those who hold it; and I would that all men had the same view of man’s hopes and God’s unbounded goodness as he has given to us, if it might be had with safety…. Only let our zeal be tempered with discretion, and while we labour, let us humbly look to God who is able and certain to bring his great work to perfection in his own good time and manner. –Anne Bronte-

1a8769755fef8ffb9436c17f3a92d4e38b2973b3.jpeg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Fine Linen, you bring the Good News of the salvation of ALL into better focus than anyone!

Dear Laz: my precious wife of more than half a Century would never agree to this statement. I mentioned to her the other day that everyone hated me. Her response=

"everyone has not met you yet!"

Well, my brother, my life has been blessed with remarkable friends of the Most High. Many have gone on to Higher ground, and there are still those with whom the depths of fellowship continue.

Presenting the good news is so easy: just stand in the Fire with Him and listen to His Voice and attempt to articulate what cannot be expressed in any language. I try, but alas, one must be born in this lovely Song of our great God & Father. Blessings to you!

Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I mentioned to her the other day that everyone hated me. Her response=

"everyone has not met you yet!"

That is funny! We must all bear our crosses, whether they are made of oak or balsa...

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Greek scholar William Barclay wrote concerning kolasis aionion (age-during corrective chastisement) in Matthew 25:46

"The Greek word for punishment is kolasis, which was not originally an ethical word at all. It originally meant the pruning of trees to make them grow better. There is no instance in Greek secular literature where kolasis does not mean remedial punishment. It is a simple fact that in Greek kolasis always means remedial punishment. God's punishment is always for man's cure."

"What if God, choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath–prepared for destruction." Romans 9:22

Fitted=katartivzw

Katartivzw=

To render or to fit.

To make sound or complete.

To mend what has been broken or rent.

To repair what has been broken or rent.

“And this brings us face to face with a blunder of our traditional creed, which is radical. It talks of God's love as though that stood merely on a par with His justice though it were something belonging to Him which He puts on or off. It is hardly possible to open a religious book in which this fatal error is not found; fatal, because it virtually strikes out of the Gospel its fundamental truth, that GOD IS LOVE. The terms are equivalent. They can be interchanged. God is not anger though He can be angry, God is not vengeance though He does avenge. These are attributes, love is essence. Therefore, God is unchangeably love. Therefore, in judgment He is love, in wrath He is love, in vengeance He is love-" love first, and last, and midst, and without end.” -Christ Triumphant-

I AM A CONVINCED UNIVERSALIST, by William Barclay

• Agree
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
“If God be unchangeable, then what we see-of Him at any moment, must be true of Him at every moment of time; true of Him also both before and after all the moments of time; always and for ever true of Him. If His purpose be to save mankind, that purpose stands firm for ever, unaffected by man’s sin, unshaken by the fact of death, unaltered and unalterable by men, by angels, by naught conceivable." -Salvador Mundi-

"God is the Saviour of all mankind, especially those who trust in Him/ who believe."

images

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
“We all must die and are like water spilled on the ground that cannot be gathered up again, but the Lord does not take away life, instead He devises ways for the banished to be restored.”

Our God is the God of Restoration

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
“We all must die and are like water spilled on the ground that cannot be gathered up again, but the Lord does not take away life, instead He devises ways for the banished to be restored.”

The risen Christ preaches to the dead

“Christ also has once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: by which also he went and preached to the spirits in prison; which once were disobedient, when once the long suffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was in preparation, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water… for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.”

"Who shall render an account unto him who is holding in readiness to judge living and dead; for, unto this end, even unto the dead, was the glad-message delivered,—in order that they might be judged, indeed, according to men in flesh, but might live according to God in spirit." -Rotherham Emphasized-

Dead=

nekros= a corpse (from nekus)=

Breathed his last/ lifeless.

Deceased/ departed.

Destitute of life/ without life.

Inanimate.

Disobedient= apeitheo=

Not to allow one’s self to be persuaded.

To refuse or withhold belief & obedience.

To refuse belief and obedience.

Not to comply with.

Question: Why did the risen Christ preach to the dead?

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom

The risen Christ preaches to the dead

“Christ also has once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: by which also he went and preached to the spirits in prison; which once were disobedient, when once the long suffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was in preparation, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water… for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.”

"Who shall render an account unto him who is holding in readiness to judge living and dead; for, unto this end, even unto the dead, was the glad-message delivered,—in order that they might be judged, indeed, according to men in flesh, but might live according to God in spirit." -Rotherham Emphasized-

Dead=

nekros= a corpse (from nekus)=

Breathed his last/ lifeless.

Deceased/ departed.

Destitute of life/ without life.

Inanimate.

Disobedient= apeitheo=

Not to allow one’s self to be persuaded.

To refuse or withhold belief & obedience.

To refuse belief and obedience.

Not to comply with.

Question: Why did the risen Christ preach to the dead?

My dear friend, clear your mind of can’t. -Samuel Johnson-

“Christ also has once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: by which also he went and preached to the spirits in prison; which once were disobedient, when once the long suffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was in preparation, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved through water… for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
“Our belief is that man, being governed and trained through time, a good and happy result must ensue to each individual.

The idea of hell fire and eternal torment, when properly considered, is an idea that is alike blasphemous and illogical.

God has ordained that every man shall sooner or later, recognize and appreciate His blessings.

Nothing else is consistent with His determinate will.

God is a God of infinite goodness, not of vengeance; to be loved; to be worshiped for love’s sake, not through fear of everlasting punishment.

We believe that every man will eventually love Him, and strive more and more to serve Him.” -Ross Winans-

"That IN/EN the Name of Jesus every knee shall bow & every tongue confess, You are Lord to the glory of God the Father."

Please note the dimensions of this worship.

1. The heavens.

2. The earth.

3. The underworld.

• Agree
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Questions Requiring Answers

As we are required to love our enemies, may we not safely infer that God loves His enemies? (Matt. 5:44)

If God loves His enemies, will He punish them more than will be for their good?

Would endless punishment be for the good of any being?

As God loves His friends, if He loves His enemies also, are not all mankind the objects of His love?

If God loves those only who love Him, what better is He than the sinner? (Luke 6:32-33)

As "love thinks no evil," can God design the ultimate evil of a single soul? (1 Cor. 13:5)

As "love works no ill," can God inflict, or cause, or allow to be inflicted, an endless ill? (Rom. 13:10)

As we are forbidden to be overcome by evil, can we safely suppose that God will be overcome by evil? (Rom. 12:21)

Would not the infliction of endless punishment prove that God HAD been overcome by evil?

If man does wrong in returning evil for evil, would not God do wrong if He was to do the same?

Would not endless punishment be the return of evil for evil?

As we are commanded "to overcome evil with good," may we not safely infer that God will do the same? (Rom. 12:21)

Would the infliction of endless punishment be overcoming evil with good?

Questions by A. C. Thomas

• Winner
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.