Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Or it's a relatively legitimate idea like "PC" being continued to the extent where it stopped being reasonable and has started to become authoritarian....

...and because it's coming from the same side it's always come from, the sheep are too blind to see it.

PC was demonized before it got a bit more out of hand. It really was a battle between soft-hearted lefties who felt you shouldn't antagonize people for no reason and "clear sighted folks on the Right" who value being as nasty as they want to be and insulting and goading as many people as they possibly can because of "freeeeeee speeeeeeeech".

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
PC was demonized before it got a bit more out of hand. It really was a battle between soft-hearted lefties who felt you shouldn't antagonize people for no reason and "clear sighted folks on the Right" who value being as nasty as they want to be and insulting and goading as many people as they possibly can because of "freeeeeee speeeeeeeech".

Yup....because the feelings of the tragically sensitive are more important than free speech.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Unfortunately, we know the real reason the woke hate free speech.

They don't debate.

They don't debate, because their ideas don't hold up to scrutiny. At all. Social justice and critical race theory are garbage from top to bottom.

If they weren't, they would debate. Critical Legal Theory used to debate....until it became so embarrassing that no one really respects it. It doesn't hold up....logically, rationally, or even if you have any common sense.

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Unfortunately, we know the real reason the woke hate free speech.

They don't debate.

They don't debate, because their ideas don't hold up to scrutiny. At all. Social justice and critical race theory are garbage from top to bottom.

If they weren't, they would debate. Critical Legal Theory used to debate....until it became so embarrassing that no one really respects it. It doesn't hold up....logically, rationally, or even if you have any common sense.

You are probably correct. Here's some examples of the steely eyed debators from the Right:

_97323217_gettyimages-830617844.jpg

gettyimages-1230476983.jpg

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You are probably correct. Here's some examples of the steely eyed debators from the Right:

_97323217_gettyimages-830617844.jpg

gettyimages-1230476983.jpg

I could give you a list of debators on the left purely in the realm of academia.

They don't debate. Their ideas are garbage.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't explore their ideas. They aren't mainstream politics.

Apparently more than 60% of Republicans think the 2020 election was stolen.

And then there's the spokespeople for the Right like Tucker Carlson whose own lawyers suggested he shouldn't be taken seriously.

The folks in the top picture were the people among whom Trump found "good people"...

So, do tell, how many 'garbage' ideas are coming from the Left?

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Again, social justice, critical race theory, and the "intersectional" nonsense they halfheartedly claim is relevant.

LOL. I find it fascinating that "social justice" is a problem for you. But it makes sense.

As for "intersectionalism", well I guess you assume that there are no lesbians who are black or trans kids who aren't white.

LOL.

Hey, you know what's really well-thought out? Donald J. Trump's suggestion to inject disinfectants or get "light inside the body" to cure COVID. That's the kind of thought leader you probably want.

LOL.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
LOL. I find it fascinating that "social justice" is a problem for you.

Why?

As for "intersectionalism", well I guess you assume that there are no lesbians who are black or trans kids who aren't white.

Intersectionality is the warm blanket that hides the conflict between disparate movements like feminism, Islam, and transgender advocates.

They don't actually agree....they just pretend to.

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship

Because MOST people value social justice. I'm sure you will devolved this conversation into some sub-text laden reading of some particularly problematic article by some obscure writer and you'll assume that all social justice relates only to that...but generally the phrase "social justice" isn't problematic for people who value justice in general.

Intersectionality is the warm blanket that hides the conflict between disparate movements like feminism, Islam, and transgender advocates.

I'm sure you know all about it. That's why you have such a trenchant riposte here. (I bet you'll belabor the "islam" thing there...which is why you slipped it in there...as if ALL of intersectionality comes down to that bit.)

They don't actually agree....they just pretend to.

uh huh. I'm sure you know all about it.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
LOL. I find it fascinating that "social justice" is a problem for you. But it makes sense.

LOL.

Hey, you know what's really well-thought out? Donald J. Trump's suggestion to inject disinfectants or get "light inside the body" to cure COVID. That's the kind of thought leader you probably want.

LOL.
My favorite part is they preach against the "woke" and "cancellation" while supporting legislation to ban and punish people for teaching a particular subject in school. The popular thing to do is to point a finger at "teh left" while banning any form of education that teaches anything that other than marginalized people should remain marginalized.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My favorite part is they preach against the "woke" and "cancellation" while supporting legislation to ban and punish people for teaching a particular subject in school.

If the subject is teaching your political opinions as facts....that's indoctrination.

That's something the left used to be against.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Because MOST people value social justice. I'm sure you will devolved this conversation into some sub-text laden reading of some particularly problematic article by some obscure writer and you'll assume that all social justice relates only to that...but generally the phrase "social justice" isn't problematic for people who value justice in general.

Most people, like yourself, haven't got a clue what social justice is.

I'm sure you know all about it.

Thanks!

I'm sure you know all about it.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Most people, like yourself, haven't got a clue what social justice is.

Well, I guess that's a big ol' "QED" from Ana! Niiiice. Well reasoned (as usual) :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, I guess that's a big ol' "QED" from Ana! Niiiice. Well reasoned (as usual) :)

What else am I supposed to assume?

Your whole statement was a logical fallacy.

You believe it's good cuz most people do.

Do you need me to spell out why that's illogical?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.