The Remnant in Adventism (Adventists only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

salvationwriter17

Do As Infinity Wota
Jun 3, 2004
North Carolina
Visit site
✟7,949.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
We are not the remnant church of the end times, that church is one of all believers who in the last days don't follow the beast, we are to be a leader in the Christian community to show what the truth is. Besides I don't think that being Adventist gets you a one way ticket to heaven, the bible says that the people still standing in the end will be called the "remnant within the remnant".

Upvote 0

Kristofor

Feb 6, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
✟154.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
as adventists from what I know, our belief is we are the remannt church mentioned but we dont believe that we will be the only ones saved, we believe its our job to proclaim the gospel.

from the adventist.org.au site

The universal church is composed of all who truly believe in Christ, but in the last days, a time of widespread apostasy, a remnant has been called out to keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. This remnant announces the arrival of the judgment hour, proclaims salvation through Christ, and heralds the approach of His second advent. This proclamation is symbolised by the three angels of Revelation 14; it coincides with the work of judgment in heaven and results in a work of repentance and reform on earth. Every believer is called to have a personal part in this worldwide witness.

(Biblical references: Rev. 12:17; 14:6-12; 18:1-4; 2 Cor. 5:10; Jude 3, 14; 1 Peter 1:16-19; 2 Peter 3:10-14; Rev. 21:1-14.)

Upvote 0

Windmill

Legend
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
salvationwriter17 said:
We are not the remnant church of the end times, that church is one of all believers who in the last days don't follow the beast, we are to be a leader in the Christian community to show what the truth is. Besides I don't think that being Adventist gets you a one way ticket to heaven, the bible says that the people still standing in the end will be called the "remnant within the remnant".
I disagree and then I agree. :p

My beliefs are that, the adventist church is the remnant church of today, the one that, though there are a lot of members who don't uphold the principals, there are at least some within the adventist church who hold the correct beliefs. The real adventist church is the true church.

I think what it means, is that we are the ones to spread the word and teach others. Not necessarily be leaders, but to be a witness.

Upvote 0

7thDay

I find the idea of one certain denomination/faith being "right" misleading. I belive that the remnant is more like the people who stand up out of the rubble of daily every day "I am a Christian" routine to spread the good news about Jesus's love. I don't have specific text to back me up but, the Bible doesn't state a specific denomination, thus I don't think it is important for us to know which denomination/faith is right. But it is more important for us to belive that we are part of the remnant and work to spread the good news.

To look at it differently, would as many people go out to dangerous places to speak about God if the Bible didn't lift it up as good?

Upvote 0

Jon0388g

Veteran
Aug 11, 2006
London
✟16,667.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I think the 'remnant' are simply those that keep the commandments of God - 'Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus.' (Rev. 14:12) This, today as it stands, is the Seventh-Day Adventist church, as we keep (or proclaim to keep) ALL 10 Commandments of God. I am NOT saying that we are the only 'REMNANT' of Revelation - I agree with a previous post here, that the 'remnant' will be all those 'sealed' - whether coming from catholic, baptist, methodist, or nowhere at all into faith and acceptance of Jesus Christ. We are the church of the Commandments, who will have no contradicting fundamental beliefs TO THAT of the remnant church.

Upvote 0
O

OntheDL

Actually, the title of this topic expresses my belief. "The Remnant in Adventism". I believe that the majority of the Remnant in the world are in the Seventh-day Adventist church.

Actually the spirit of prophecy tells us the majority of God's children are in the Catholic church and some in protestant church. They are those who follow God based on the knowledge that had been revealed to them.

Yes, the SDA people are the remnant, but not the only one who will be saved. Meaning not the church/building/organization, but the true followers of God are the remnant.

From Revelation 14:12, the remnants are those who keep the 10 commandments and have the spirit of prophecy. So the true SDA believers are the remnant. But when the truth is preached unto those outside, they will come out of Babylon.

Upvote 0

ChrisCarol

Jan 21, 2006
✟15,552.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I am not Adventist
But
The Bible tells me that I am a child of God:

Galatians 3:
26For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

and if I am a son then I am also an heir;

Galatians 4:7
So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.

And an heir inherits eternal life;

Titus 3
4But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

I see then that it is His Grace which gives us Eternal life and not by keeping commandments.

That is what I am concerned about; My Eternal Life. I am confident of it since I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I committed unto Him against that day.

Ro 8:14

14For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Adventtruth

God is the Gospel!
Sep 7, 2006
Raliegh Durham North Carolina
✟18,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
From Revelation 14:12, the remnants are those who keep the 10 commandments and have the spirit of prophecy. So the true SDA believers are the remnant. But when the truth is preached unto those outside, they will come out of Babylon.

Revelation 14:12 (KJV) Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Rev 14:12 says nothing of what you said ontheDL. It says nothing of the Remnant and nothing of the Spirit of Prophecy. So you say the Saints that are mentioned in the passage are SDA?

AT

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.