Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've heard that asserted. So far when I check, they don't. Do you have a school system in mind? Let me know about that. That seems just crazy to me.

But it's not impossible. What do you have?

Black mother slams critical race theory at Florida school board meeting: 'Not teaching the truth'

And another mother.......

Watch the video of the mother reacting to the School Board Members about
CRT being taught. Again, it's not the true CRT as it originated, but what they're
calling it many school systems.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

Woollybear

Jul 8, 2021
Midwest
✟19,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God was removed from public schools decades ago on the premise that church and state should be separate. After all, why should we force atheists to pray in school, etc., and believe the way Christians do?

But now the religion of the Left has replaced it. Now children are being taught that their race somehow matters thanks to CRT, that they should either feel guilty or victimized only because of the color of their skin. In fact, the governor of Virginia said that schools needed more black teachers because race is so important to the religion of the Left. And as they convince everyone that race matters, they will tell you gender does not. They are indoctrinating our children to believe that boys should compete with girls in sports, and when they are done they can all use the same bathroom.

None of this is science based or even logical. All of it needs to be classified a religion all it's own and thrown out of our schools.

And no, children should not be taken out of class to protest guns or climate change. This is just sick.

Im confused by the title of your post. Nothing you have stated is a "religion". Personally I think everything you are saying is just stuff rehashed by the "right" to scare people into voting for them. CRT is not something that is even being taught on the high school or elementary level.

Upvote 0

Woollybear

Jul 8, 2021
Midwest
✟19,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, if you don't think that unisex locker rooms aren't being pushed for in high-schools,
you aren't paying attention.

Okay. Can you back this up with something? Like where or what school this is taking place in? As a parent of a child in public high school, I have not heard anything about a push to make unisex locker rooms.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟724,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
No one has. No one is teaching critical race theory in public schools. These are just stories the extreme right peddles to scare people enough to give up their rights. It's what all would-be dictators do.
Create the fear of an outside threat. Then propose that "we" are the only ones who can save you from that threat. You better vote for us or we can't save you from the coming disaster. Textbook Nationalism.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,440,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
CRT is not being taught in the classroom. There however many racist organizations that want people to believe that it is.
The idea that students are told to either feel guilty or victimized is another lie told by those attacking CRT.

I used to say that. Technically, it's true. CRT is actually a theoretical process of study, and it's true that the theoretical process of study is not being taught in public schools. No kids are being taught how to "do" CRT.

But people carrying out that theoretical process of study in universities have come to conclusions--some right, some wrong, some helpful, some unhelpful--and those conclusions are being taught in public schools.

So it's gotten useless to try to explain "CRT is not being taught" when teachers and their unions are pushing to do it.

But at the NEA’s representative assembly, held virtually last week, union delegates passed several measures that explicitly support the use of critical race theory in curriculum and allocated tens of thousands of dollars to those efforts.

One such measure, introduced by the NEA’s board of directors, said the nation’s largest teachers’ union will support and lead campaigns that “result in increasing the implementation of culturally responsive education, critical race theory, and ethnic … studies curriculum in pre-K-12 and higher education.” The measure is part of a larger $675,000 effort to “eradicate institutional racism” in public schools.

Teachers' Unions Vow to Defend Members in Critical Race Theory Fight (edweek.org)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Okay. Can you back this up with something? Like where or what school this is taking place in? As a parent of a child in public high school, I have not heard anything about a push to make unisex locker rooms.

Virginia girl slams school board for trans locker room policy

Missouri Teenagers Protest a Transgender Student’s Use of the Girls’ Bathroom (Published 2015)

After four years of controversy, embattled Palatine-based school district grants transgender students unrestricted locker room access

You do know how to use google, don't you ? :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've heard that asserted. So far when I check, they don't. Do you have a school system in mind? Let me know about that. That seems just crazy to me.

Black mother slams critical race theory at Florida school board meeting: 'Not teaching the truth'

And another mother.......

Watch the video of the mother reacting to the School Board Members about
CRT being taught. Again, it's not the true CRT as it originated, but what they're
calling it many school systems.

This person is on the school board? I don't think so. Yes, I know that ignorant people are claiming that public schools are teaching critical race theory, but you can't find any that even claim to be teaching it. So you default to some parent claiming that they do. Show us that her school board claims to be teaching CRT. There's a good reason that all you can find is this lady making claims she can't substantiate.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

This person is on the school board? I don't think so. Yes, I know that ignorant people are claiming that public schools are teaching critical race theory, but you can't find any that even claim to be teaching it. So you default to some parent claiming that they do. Show us that her school board claims to be teaching CRT. There's a good reason that all you can find is this lady making claims she can't substantiate.

So this mother and the others who applauded her, don't know what they schools are teaching in
their area concerning race ? They are in fact teaching that all the laws and institutions in the United States were constructed on racism by white men. This isn't CRT in it's classic definition, but it's what the schools are claiming to be CRT education being used and what parents are
reacting to. They see the text their kids take home, so they're not entirely out to lunch as you allege.

• Agree
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Now children are being taught that their race somehow matters thanks to CRT, that they should either feel guilty or victimized only because of the color of their skin.

You might want to read some history from before, say, the 1990's. It's not CRT that taught kids that "their race somehow matters" and that "they should feel guilty or victimized only because of the color of their skin." That was white people who did that. White people started doing that a few hundred years ago and were quite open and adamant about it until some time in the 1970's after some of the manifestations of their racism had become illegal.

Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So this mother and the others who applauded her, don't know what they schools are teaching in
their area concerning race ?

She's not alone. I've read all kinds of stuff from people who were gullible enough to believe politicians who said that public schools were teaching CRT. You suggested that schools were teaching something else they just called CRT, but when I asked for some evidence, you just linked to someone else making the same assertion you did. I couldn't find any evidence for that, either. I think I know why.

Would you mind giving us a summary of what you think CRT actually is? Then we can compare that to what the people teaching it in graduate courses actually teach. That might be a start. What do you have?

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
She's not alone. I've read all kinds of stuff from people who were gullible enough to believe politicians who said that public schools were teaching CRT. You suggested that schools were teaching something else they just called CRT, but when I asked for some evidence, you just linked to someone else making the same assertion you did. I couldn't find any evidence for that, either. I think I know why.

Would you mind giving us a summary of what you think CRT actually is? Then we can compare that to what the people teaching it in graduate courses actually teach. That might be a start. What do you have?

We've been through this before.

Why don't you try listening to the parents who see the work their kids are taking home
before you claim it's all BS by GOP politicians ?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You might want to read some history from before, say, the 1990's. It's not CRT that taught kids that "their race somehow matters" and that "they should feel guilty or victimized only because of the color of their skin." That was white people who did that. White people started doing that a few hundred years ago and were quite open and adamant about it until some time in the 1970's after some of the manifestations of their racism had become illegal.

As one teacher wrote, the people who rioted and screamed profanities at little black girls because they were going to school, are now terrified that their grandchildren will learn that they rioted and screamed profanities at little black girls because they were going to school.
OM6JIQAWMBBFPE22YZMOTXWZAQ.jpg

Women in the crowd “shrieked in spasms, as tears flowed down their cheeks,” wrote one reporter. Screams of obscenities and slurs echoed through Eckford’s ears. A group of girls—including Bryan— “started to shriek and wail” as Eckford passed and headed toward the school. As she clutched a folder, trying to move forward, Bryan screamed at her and told her to “go back to Africa.”
The Story Behind the Famous Little Rock Nine ‘Scream Image’

This isn't CRT; it's history. Just facts. But that's what racists don't want kids to know about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
(Barbarian suggests that evidence for the claim might make it credible)

We've been through this before.

Yep. Never any evidence that public schools teach CRT, or even present something else and call it CRT. I'm pretty sure why.

Why don't you try listening to the parents who see the work their kids are taking home

If you're correct, and the school curriculum teaches CRT, or even purports to do so, it should be easy to show. And yet, every time someone asks for evidence, we get vague stories, with no evidence.

before you claim it's all BS by GOP politicians ?

So far, that's all we have. Can you name even one school district that does what you claim? I can't either.

This isn't CRT in it's classic definition, but it's what the schools are claiming to be CRT education being used

Show us that. Checkable source. What do you have?

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
(Barbarian suggests that evidence for the claim might make it credible)

Yep. Never any evidence that public schools teach CRT, or even present something else and call it CRT. I'm pretty sure why.

If you're correct, and the school curriculum teaches CRT, or even purports to do so, it should be easy to show. And yet, every time someone asks for evidence, we get vague stories, with no evidence.

So far, that's all we have. Can you name even one school district that does what you claim? I can't either.

Show us that. Checkable source. What do you have?

This article says essentially what we're both saying.
However, they quote the NEA to show why parents
in school systems are getting upset over what is
being taught and called CRT.

Is Critical Race Theory Taught in K-12 Schools? The NEA Says Yes, and That It Should Be.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Palmfever

Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟145,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do you define "religion"?
There are different uses:
Full Definition of religion
1a : the state of a religious a nun in her 20th year of religion
b(1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural
(2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
3 archaic : scrupulous conformity : conscientiousness
4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

Upvote 0