• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

The religion of the Left needs to be taken out of our schools

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by WonbyOneanddone, Nov 2, 2021.

1. coffee4u

coffee4u Well-Known Member

+2,491
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    It won't be removed it will get worse. Smart parents will remove their children and home school them.

2. Isaiah 41:10

Isaiah 41:10 Well-Known Member

+2,535
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Does anyone actually know what's being taught or was taught in Virginia schools? Personally, I would want my kids to be taught about climate change.

3. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+7,708
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    That's an easy task for you. You have 20 years and 16 hours a day to make the case to your kids. Schools have less than 5 hours a week to school your kids on any one topic. You have unlimited lab time and unlimited field trips.

One guy experimented on his 3 kids believing there was no such thing as natural genius. All three girls became grand master chess champions. He was an average chess player.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  4. Isaiah 41:10

+2,535
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Do you have an answer for my question? Or at least something that gives explicit detail?

I suppose my question should be mostly geared toward the whole CRT topic.

5. Isaiah 41:10

+2,535
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Or maybe it would help if I asked this specific question:

What is it about CRT that people are concerned about?

6. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,855
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Really, that's all you got from that article?

The third sentence in the article...
    We found ourselves in multiple situations that we could not change or even complain about.
    Feeling firmly that a female adult should be present with the girls when a man was free to roam the locker room, I never missed a class.
    Typically we girls separated from my husband and found a locker aisle with no one in it and changed there. But knowing that anyone was free to be in there, we were careful not to send a child alone to the bathroom or locker room during our stay at the facility (and actually, we never let our kids go to the bathroom alone in any country at any facility ever—it’s just not wise, no matter the time or place).

It's very clear that they were worried about the safety of the daughters and did what they could to mitigate a situation that they couldn't change or even complain about.

7. coffee4u

coffee4u Well-Known Member

+2,491
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    All the more reason they should stick to English, maths, science, history, geography, art and PE.

8. WonbyOneanddone

WonbyOneanddone Active Member

+153
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Does anyone know what is being taught in any of the schools?

As for climate change, no worries there. The government run schools will be sure and tell them all about it, and also tell them that their only hope is for government to come save them and to surrender whatever rights they have to in order to save planet earth. But what they won't get is anything else. In fact, none of them probably have ever read the Constitution in school.

9. Isaiah 41:10

+2,535
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Im just wondering what it is that people are bothered by that students are taught in public schools. If nobody knows, then I don't know what there is to even protest.

10. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth Supporter

+5,821
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    School should be for Math, Reading and Writing, geography, finance, and other actual life necessities.

If you want to teach "climate change" and lie to your kids that "man" can somehow change the entire climate of the global atmosphere... go ahead.

Your tag says that you identify as a Christian. Do you think man is in control or God. Do you trust politicians, Darwinian scientists and activists... or the creator?

Yes, the climate is changing... always has.... always will. Cow f*rts and cars aren't going to change it. It's a ploy to take money out of your pocket and put it in the pockets of the Al Gores of this world.

As for the standard media agenda... Gretta stated it best "blah, blah, blah".

11. WonbyOneanddone

+153
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    If CRT is not being taught in schools then I see no reason that an official ban on CRT would be OK with the Left, but it is not.

That speaks volumes.

12. Isaiah 41:10

+2,535
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    This still doesn't clarify on what is actually being taught. Banned or not banned, but what does it really boil down to?

13. rturner76

rturner76 Domine non-sum dignus Supporter

+2,441
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Green
    Who has proposed we give up "whatever rights we have" for climate control? Could it be more like, "Hey, let's try not to trash the planet?"

14. WonbyOneanddone

+153
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    If those that push climate change really believed what they say, would they fly around in private jet planes, own SUV's, and heat and cool a hand full of large mansions they live in?

Would they diss the one source of carbon free energy that would actually meet the energy needs of the country, which is nuclear power?

I think not.

15. rturner76

rturner76 Domine non-sum dignus Supporter

+2,441
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Green
    I suppose they should go green in those mansions. People could also get solar products for their smaller homes. No more electric bills. What's so bad about that?

16. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+8,818
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    You've really been misled about that. State-imposed religion was removed. But the God Christians worship neither needs nor wants that. Kids can still pray in school, as long as they don't bother anyone else. They can wear religious symbols and carry Bibles, Korans, or whatever.

My daughter was an officer in the Fellowship of Christian Athletes in high school, and they often prayed in school with no issues. The only thing that was removed from schools was a mandatory prayer imposed by the government.

And that's a very good thing.

17. LeGato

LeGato LCMS/Crypto-Amish

+201
    United States
    Lutheran
    Private
    US-Others
    Couldn't agree more.

18. The Barbarian

+8,818
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    No one has. No one is teaching critical race theory in public schools. These are just stories the extreme right peddles to scare people enough to give up their rights. It's what all would-be dictators do.

19. JimR-OCDS

JimR-OCDS God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love

+2,307
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    True, they're not teaching actual CRT, but they're calling what they are teaching that.

20. The Barbarian

+8,818
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I've heard that asserted. So far when I check, they don't. Do you have a school system in mind? Let me know about that. That seems just crazy to me.

But it's not impossible. What do you have?