Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's amazing to me how much STRESS affects our body. My BP usually runs about 100/60. I was visiting my parents last night and someone called Dad and he had it on speaker phone, and this person ranted and raved for an hour at him...(he took it all very patient). I've known this person for many years and try to have as little contact with them as possible, because it's always stressful. I didn't enter in to the conversation at all, just listened. 20 min. after they hung up, Dad took my blood pressure and it was 154/92! I thought the device must not be working right as I'm never like that....but he checked his and mom's and my brothers and they were all like they usually are. I had had no conversation with this person, they didn't even know I was there hearing the conversation...and yet, it was so stressful that it raised my BP that high! Stress is a real killer, LITERALLY. Some handle stress better than others...I didn't even realize my body wasn't handling it very well. But I know that being around people like that is like being under a cloud for me.... We should try to cut out as much STRESS in our lives as possible....I'm so thankful I don't have to live with a person like that!

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Exercising, proper nutrition can be easy to have. But getting out of stressful situations, not easy nor even possible for some.

Many people don't have the privilege of having many choices in life and we sometimes can't even choose the people we get stuck with like family for example whether they're quite stressful or not. It changes you, cause damage that cannot be repaired.

Upvote 0