The Reason I have some Resentment towards many Protestants and Schismatic Catholics

Daniel Peres

Sep 24, 2022
Miami
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
I must admit the resentment I feel is a purely due to emotional reasons and not based on logic at all. It's the Protestant and Schismatic Catholics that remain loyal to traditional Christian values that bother me.

The reason for my resentment is due to my feelings of abandonment. I don't know if you have noticed, but we are suffering a lot in the Catholic Church. Many supposed Catholics are promoting the belief that there is nothing sinful about immoral behavior. These supposed Catholics include laity, nuns, monks, deacons, priests, and bishops, even the pope has been guilty of this.

Anyway, sometimes I feel abandoned by the decent Protestants and Schismatic Catholics. I feel like we would be better off unified in one Church fighting evil together. But instead, us decent Catholics have been left to fight these battles all alone.

My only consolation is that I least I know that no pope or ecumenical council of bishops can make official changes to Christian doctrines related to morality. For example, as much as they might like to declare that homosexual acts are not sinful, there are safeguards in place to prevent that from ever happening.

Don't be angry with me. I am just sharing my emotions. I don't hate loyal Protestant and Schismatic Catholics. The fact that I respect them so much is the reason that I wish they were in my church fighting alongside of me.

• Prayers
Reactions: CMDRExorcist

CMDRExorcist

Theology Explorer
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2011
Texas
Visit site
✟152,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
In my personal opinion, this is one of the Catholic Church's biggest failings. There is too much emphasis placed on human leadership and morality. Humans are flawed and sinful creatures, so expecting high morality from even the most celebrated religious leaders is a fool's errand. I'm not Catholic, but I studied at a Catholic college and have some experience with those who are. I understand and appreciate your frustrations. Even in the Protestant church, there are many of us who feel increasingly isolated as the world seems to close in around us.

He is perfect and we are not. Focus on God and not on the behavior of others. Praying for you that you find peace.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I must admit the resentment I feel is a purely due to emotional reasons and not based on logic at all. It's the Protestant and Schismatic Catholics that remain loyal to traditional Christian values that bother me.

The reason for my resentment is due to my feelings of abandonment. I don't know if you have noticed, but we are suffering a lot in the Catholic Church. Many supposed Catholics are promoting the belief that there is nothing sinful about immoral behavior. These supposed Catholics include laity, nuns, monks, deacons, priests, and bishops, even the pope has been guilty of this.

Anyway, sometimes I feel abandoned by the decent Protestants and Schismatic Catholics. I feel like we would be better off unified in one Church fighting evil together. But instead, us decent Catholics have been left to fight these battles all alone.

My only consolation is that I least I know that no pope or ecumenical council of bishops can make official changes to Christian doctrines related to morality. For example, as much as they might like to declare that homosexual acts are not sinful, there are safeguards in place to prevent that from ever happening.

Don't be angry with me. I am just sharing my emotions. I don't hate loyal Protestant and Schismatic Catholics. The fact that I respect them so much is the reason that I wish they were in my church fighting alongside of me.
I can understand where you are coming from. It kind of feels like some Christians are "Switching Sides", and doing so openly these days.
I understand that, but don't give up yet. There is at least one group that is putting up a good fight to retain the beliefs and practices of the Old Catholic Church.
They are mostly underground for safety, but they are still active.
And that's all I can say.
Keep believing!

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
We are told that in the Last Days there will be a Remnant group of Believers who remain loyal and faithful to God and to Christ.
That will be indescribable to see when they are revealed in Heaven, but Jesus knows them, and the Apostle Peter has seen them: They are the martyrs mentioned in the Book of Revelations, and they are safely protected and honored in Heaven.
So don't give up!!! Jesus, our Conquering King, is coming back,
and His army will be with Him!

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Has the Pope made any statement accepting homosexuals as righteous?, instead of complaining pray for the Pope and the Church or speak to your Priest about how u feel. The Church has existed for centuries, it will not end with Pope Francis.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

People, including leaders, laity, and ourselves, sin; some more gravely than others but in any case none of us are yet perfected while we’re nonetheless supposed to be on that journey as believers, “in statu viae” as it’s said, in a state of journeying to the perfection that God created us for. Some in the Church, however, do not seem to be on that journey at all.

Either way the true treasure of the Church is her teachings, the “deposit of faith” as it’s sometimes called which are sound and of immeasurable value regardless of what this or that “Catholic” may think or what they may teach.

Upvote 0

Brother-Mike

Predetermined to freely believe
Aug 16, 2022
Toronto
✟41,941.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
But just so that I have this straight… you resent “loyal to traditional Christian values” Protestants because they are not helping fix “immoral” Catholics? Did you talk to your fellow Catholics first before raising this concern? :wink:

Get me a first-Class ticket to Rome and I’ll roll up my sleeves and do what I can…

• Haha
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟803,026.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

There are problems in every denomination. The problem we all need to be fighting against together is for the growing number of nonbelievers. We do not need to take the time fighting among ourselves.

Upvote 0

Daniel Peres

Sep 24, 2022
Miami
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
But just so that I have this straight… you resent “loyal to traditional Christian values” Protestants because they are not helping fix “immoral” Catholics? Did you talk to your fellow Catholics first before raising this concern? :wink:

Get me a first-Class ticket to Rome and I’ll roll up my sleeves and do what I can…
I’m sorry you were unable to interpret my words correctly. Normally I would apologize for any confusion I caused, but the fact that everyone else understood me correctly makes it seem that the problem is yours.

But in reality, I think you’re pulling my leg. I’m sure you know that I am actually obsessed with the need for all Christians to remain loyal to traditional Christian values. I just wish were all United in one church, as we once were, fighting together to maintain traditional Christian values. Like the old saying goes, United we stand, and divided we fall.” In case you haven’t noticed, the Christian culture of this country has done just that, it has fallen. I personally find that disturbing. I don’t know your age, but when I was a kid in public school, every winter we would have Christmas vacation and in the spring we would get our Easter vacation. BTW, this was in liberal Connecticut. Nowadays, the kids get a winter and spring break, because Christmas and Easter are treated as dirty words. That doesn’t bother you?

One last thing, the next time you want to pull my leg, you should pull the other one because it plays Jingle Bells and you might enjoy that.

Upvote 0

Brother-Mike

Predetermined to freely believe
Aug 16, 2022
Toronto
✟41,941.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
I’m sorry you were unable to interpret my words correctly. Normally I would apologize for any confusion I caused, but the fact that everyone else understood me correctly makes it seem that the problem is yours.

But in reality, I think you’re pulling my leg. I’m sure you know that I am actually obsessed with the need for all Christians to remain loyal to traditional Christian values. I just wish were all United in one church, as we once were, fighting together to maintain traditional Christian values. Like the old saying goes, United we stand, and divided we fall.” In case you haven’t noticed, the Christian culture of this country has done just that, it has fallen. I personally find that disturbing. I don’t know your age, but when I was a kid in public school, every winter we would have Christmas vacation and in the spring we would get our Easter vacation. BTW, this was in liberal Connecticut. Nowadays, the kids get a winter and spring break, because Christmas and Easter are treated as dirty words. That doesn’t bother you?

One last thing, the next time you want to pull my leg, you should pull the other one because it plays Jingle Bells and you might enjoy that.
Daniel, I should have known that a missive beginning with "I must admit the resentment I feel is purely due to emotional reasons and not based on logic at all" is probably best ignored, but since you seemed quick to place the blame on Protestants I guess I couldn't resist.

So your original claim is that Protestants have "abandoned" the Fight Against Evil(tm) by apparently not joining your church? What have you personally done to encourage this unification? Anything? I mean other than just pointlessly griping about how Protestants have abandoned you.

But maybe this tactic works, who knows. Maybe just complaining about something and being upset that people haven't magically done what you want them to and potentially insulting whole swathes of Christianity works. It's unclear to me.

How's it working for you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Are you sure it's just emotional?

NKJ Hebrews 1:9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions."

It seems reasonable and logical to resent and even hate seeing the sin infiltrate, which it seems you do. If it's a local sinking ship, why remain at some point? I guess the problem whether Protestant or Catholic, is that so many churches have and are becoming filled with sin.

I'm sure you are familiar with this:
  • NKJ 2 Timothy 4:2-4 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
At some point there's not much you can do. God has pulled His glory from the building in the past.

The trend has been downward for some time. Biblical illiteracy seems to be the norm. This is not good.

Last thought for now. Any longing you have for the unity is shared by some of us. The maturity of His Ekklesia spoken of in Ephesians 4 seems far away but it will be achieved even if it's just that His Ekklesia is quite spread out and sitting in various denominational pews around the globe. The gate and road are narrow, but they and His Ekklesia exist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

There is a push for one church and “unity” but sadly it is going to compromise the commandments of God. We should never comprise what God has commanded us, even if it sounds appealing.

We find rest when we place our faith in the Word of God and follow His teachings. Many churches like you noted - Protestants and Catholics have fallen away from the Word of God. I don’t believe all churches have fallen away, which is why we must study the scriptures for ourselves and if a church or institution is teaching against what God has commanded, I would find yourself another church. Revelation 18:4, Revelation 14:8 in the final days which I believe we are in is calling us out of our false teachings. The counter to this is found in Revelation 14:12.

God bless!

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,340.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel like we would be better off unified in one Church fighting evil together. But instead, us decent Catholics have been left to fight these battles all alone.

Hello! IMHO there is no agreement on how to 'fight evil together'. And people from many churches are indeed standing for truth.

Jesus said his Kingdom is not of this world (John 18:36), our citizenship is in heaven (Philippians 3:20), we are aliens and strangers in this world (1 Peter 2:11).

Some denominations seek to make their denomination (Anglican, Catholic. Orthodox, Presbyterian perhaps) into a state religion. Others see a state religion as a perversion of the teachings of Christ and the gospel, that the true believer will always be a member of a persecuted minority, in the world but not of the world. A state religion being another form of evil that the believer will speak out against, speaking truth to power, not something to join for worldly power and turn a blind eye to truth. A different foundation.

I have seen this is my own country with the Presbyterian Church of Scotland as the state church receiving worldly acclaim and power for it but being obliged to go along with state policy. Down through the centuries is has been so, now they're performing same sex marriages as the state accepts SSM. Some things done by a state church can be good, that's the carrot, but many are not. Once the church and the state are wedded together there is less room for manoeuvre. In my lifetime I have seen church leaders apologize for crusades, inquisitions, witch-burnings, Nazi links, church run state asylums etc, sexual abuse in various church/state amalgam institutions, all fruit of the poisonous tree.

1 Corinthians 3: 11 For no one can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Seems like too much baggage, too much private agenda for church members of different backgrounds to co-operate together, unless there is complete repentance and a return to the one true foundation. God Bless :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0