• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

The real story behind the person jesus

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Pulchra, Feb 23, 2021 at 5:08 PM.

1. Pulchra

Pulchra Active Member

+114
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    Yes, now I want to clear up some confusion, 2000 years ago people sort of lived kinda good in society, somewhat primitive buildings and stuff, but a good life overrall, then since people in society are a little immora usually, they started to change a little from the normal standard then, not living as they should, what happened next is that a person, probably a jew, wanted to make things right again because something felt wrong, so he walked around a little desperate talking to people, trying to make them live right again, but nothing worked, but some of these immoral people in society saw something in him, a glimpse of real love in his eyes, so there you have the popular story about person that was 100 % love, but no one can walk around like that for days and weeks and months, so it`s just a story that started with this glimpse and then since the romans notices him also after a while, they started writing about him, but even the writers themselves didn`t want to change, but they kept on writing ...

... so, here we are today, 2000 years later and still in a society that no one really likes anymore I guess, I mean, when I`m out with people i don`t complain or anything like that, people in society aren`t my business since I`m a free person, but you might argue or state that the western countries aren`t very good places to live in anymore, you just sit alone everyday if you don`t have any skills and people generally act mean towards you for wanting something, but my point is, even the immoral people have to be honest today and say that being immoral doesn`t really work in the long run because everything get`s so awful, all socities ends of course and the more technology they make the harder it is to let go it seems, it`s just history, all societes ends because people get bored of it, so one can hope for something better, but have people taken being immoral to far or is it hope in the end?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,753
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    First, Jesus was not just a smiley-face guy. But He did those miracles; plus, then Jesus suffered and died like He did in order to bring us to God.

And there are people beyond what most people consider to be immoral > they were so evil that they crucified God's own Son Jesus on the cross.

But, even though ones had become so deeply ruined . . . Jesus on the cross had hope for any and all of them > love "hopes all things" (in 1 Corinthians 13:7). Possibly, you are saying you have limits for how much evil people can be loved with hope for them > but Jesus isn't human, but Christ is God's very own Person of His own love and way of loving.

And, by the way, even His own disciples didn't get who He was . . . not at first while He was on the earth. They had major changing to go through, inside themselves, so they could discover how Jesus is.

3. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,660
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    The Western world has dispensed with Christian values. Society is finding out that it is a terrible idea, but few would advocate for a return to Christian values - even some so-called Christians. People love evil, that is the problem.

People do not want to accept God's authority (Luke 19:14). So they rebel and go their own way. They are beginning to try and shut down anyone who opposes their wicked ways. Will the pendulum swing back the other way? History says yes. I'm not so sure.

4. HARK!

HARK! Well-Known Member Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+3,220
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    MOD HAT ON

[​IMG]

MOD HAT OFF

5. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+7,912
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Hmm. This has been moved to a Christians only section which would exclude the OP from further interaction.

6. Taodeching

Taodeching Active Member

+229
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Christ wasn't just some Jew as if He was a nobody, Christ is the Son of God the Second Person of the Holy Trinity. He did not walk around desperate for people to listen to Him. Christ purposely chose 12 man to follow Him closely and went around preaching and healing, the healing drew huge crowds.

It is not just a mere story it is the ultimate Truth