Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Divorced
A question,

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born...
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions...
2Chr 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name...
Jer 29:11 For I know the plans...
Isa 64:6 But we are all as unclean rags...
1Sam 16:7 ...for man looks at the outward...

These verses are commonly read and taught in most church buildings. Nobody has a problem with these verses being read or taught. And they are acceptable for teaching. My question is for those having trouble with the O.T. verses I use in my studies. If these verses here are true and can be used to teach in our modern day, why do people have a problem with what many of the O.T. verses I teach? You can't have it both ways. You can't pick and choose which verses are useful or not. Are the O.T. verses I quote made up? Are they not true? Are they not a part of Scripture?
Just because you don't like what some of the O.T. verses teach doesn't mean you can reject or deny them. Not if you are honest and are seeking truth. A word used by the E.C world is a word I despise when they use it. That word is "relevant!" When is Scripture not relevant? It was relevant when it was written, and it is relevant today! Not all things, of course, but anything about theology or the hand of God is always relevant, regardless of any particular point in history. Are the fulfilled prophecies no longer relevant? Is the flood no longer relevant? Is Joesph's brothers selling him into slavery no longer relevant? Scripture has to be taken as a whole, or not at all. Rejecting verses you don't like or don't believe is the same as rejecting God Himself!

Isa 55:11 is another favorite verse quoted in church buildings.
So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth, it shall not return to me void (uncompleted), but it will accomplish that which I purpose, and it shall be successful in the work I sent it for.
Okay, you Armenians, answer this. If God wants everybody to get saved (Why do they never say "God wants to save everyone?") and this verse teaches that God's word is always successful in what He sends to do, why doesn't God send a word to each person? He could easily do that; He is God, after all. Why is it instead that He prevents people from seeing, hearing, and understanding the spiritual truth they need to know?
To say that a person has to do something, "acknowledge they are a sinner," "Accept Christ," "Invite Jesus into their heart," surrender to God," "walk the aisle," "call out to God," etc., is teaching a "works salvation." In that, a person has to "do" something before God can save them! If God is prevented from saving a person because the person doesn't "do" something, doesn't that make people equally responsible for their salvation? If that is true, then they can share in God's glory. God cannot take all of the credit for a person "getting saved."
This is the beauty and simplicity of predestination. Instead of doing something to force God to save you, you already know that you have been saved from the moment of your conception! Because we, the sheep, know that God chooses us from the beginning of the world. (2Thes 2:13) He chose the sheep because He just did! He didn't have to look down the corridor of time to see if we would "Accept Christ" first. He knew us, predestinated us, called us, justified us, and glorified us, all according to His purpose. (Rom 8:28-30)

Mat 11:25 I thank you, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth. Because you have hidden (concealed) these things (spiritual truth) from those the world considers wise and sagacious, revealing them to the young sheep. (those new to the faith)
What is up with Jesus? He thanked God for concealing spiritual truth from goats! God hid it from goats and revealed it to sheep. That's just not fair, is it? How dare God hide spiritual truth from people! Doesn't God want everybody to get saved?

Mat 11:27 ...neither does any man know the Father, except the Son, and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal God.
Wow, imagine that! Jesus doesn't reveal the Father to all people! Why would Jesus act like that? Doesn't Jesus love everyone and want everyone to "get saved?"

Mat 13:10-11 The disciples asked Jesus why do you speak to the crowds in parables? Jesus replied, "Because (for this reason) it is given unto you (the sheep) to know the mysteries (spiritual truth) of the kingdom. But it is not given to them. (goats)
Spiritual truth is given to the sheep, something revealed by God. No human can discover or figure out spiritual truth on their own. (Mat 16:17)

Mat 11:16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see (spiritual truth) and your ears, for they hear (spiritual truth)

Mat 19:11 All men cannot receive this saying, except for those it is given to.

Mk 4:11-12 Unto you (sheep) it is given (granted) to know the mystery of the kingdom of God, but to those who are outside the family of God, I teach these things in parables. That they will see, but not perceive, and they will hear, but not understand, to ensure, at any time, they would understand spiritual truth, convert and have their sins forgiven.
God purposely keeps the goats from seeing, hearing, and understanding spiritual truth. His word is so powerful and effective that even a goat would be convicted, repent and ask God for forgiveness if he heard and understood spiritual truth. It is not God's purpose or plans to forgive the sins of goats. Unforgiven sin dooms a person.

Lk 9:44-45, Jesus told the disciples, "Let these words sink into your ears. The Son of man will be delivered into the hands of men." But the disciples did not understand what Jesus was saying because it was hid (concealed) from them...

Lk 19:42 Jesus told them, "If you, yes you Jews, had known, at least on this day, the things (spiritual truth) of those things which would have brought you peace, but now, these things are hidden from you.

John 8:37 I know you are the seed of Abraham, but you seek to kill me because my word has no place in you.

John 8:43-47 Why do you not understand my words? Because you cannot (spiritually) hear my word...He that is of God hears God's words. Therefore you do not hear them because you are not of God.
The process is not where somebody decides to believe and then can hear God's spiritual words. You must be a sheep first, already in God's family, before you hear God's word.

John 10:25-27 I told you, and you didn't believe me...You don't believe because you are not one of my flock. My sheep hear my voice, I know them, and they follow me.

John 12:37-40 Although Jesus had done many miracles before them, they still didn't believe in him. That what Isaiah had prophesized would be fulfilled, 'Lord who hath believed our report?...therefore they COULD not believe because Isaiah had said, 'God has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so that they can not see with their eyes, nor understand with their mind and be converted and I should heal them.

John 15:15 ...for all of the things that I have heard from my Father, I have told you.

John 18:37... Everyone that is of the truth hears my voice.

Acts 16:14 A certain woman named Lydia...whose heart the Lord opened...

Acts 26:18, God tells Paul why He was sending Paul to the Gentiles, To open their eyes and turn them from darkness unto the light, and from the power of Satan unto the power of God. So that they will receive forgiveness of sins...
God sent Paul to open the eyes of Gentile sleep. We have already seen where there are those (goats) who God does not want their sins forgiven, but here He clearly says the Gentile sheep are to have their sins forgiven.

Rom 11:7-8 What then? Israel has not obtained that which the nation sought for. But the election (Jewish sheep) obtained it, and the rest of the Jews were blinded. According as it is written (in the Old Testament), God has given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that cannot see, and ears that cannot hear, even until this day.

1Cor 2:10 But God has revealed spiritual truth to us (the sheep) by His Spirit...

2Cor 3:14 But their minds were blinded...

2Cor 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost.
This doesn't say that the gospel was hidden to make them lost; it is hidden to those already lost.

2Cor 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of the darkness, has shined in our hearts, to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God...
"Us" refers only to the sheep. Every time the word "us" is used in the N.T., it always means the sheep.

Eph 1:17-18 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ...may give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation...The eyes of your understanding being enlightened...
Paul was praying for the sheep.

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit.

Col 1:26 Even the mystery hidden from ages and generations is now made known to his saints.

2Tim 2:7 Consider what I say, and the Lord give you understanding in all things.

1 John 4:6 We are of God: he that knows God hears us. He that is not of God does not listen to us...

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of man has come and given us an understanding.

This study is overkill. If I were writing this for sheep only, I would only have to show 5 or 6 verses, and a sheep would say, "Yeah, I see that. It makes perfect sense." Any sheep that have read this will not read all of it. Whether you agree with my post or not, you must admit there is the overwhelming Scripture proof of this doctrine. Despite all of this evidence, goats will still deny the doctrine. The "pastors" aren't aware of the doctrine; even if a few were aware, they wouldn't dare teach it. Those in the pews would consider it a complete, frontal assault on their "free will" and "ability" to decide for themselves what they believe or don't believe.